Minecraft
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you have FoV options available to you when you played it?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 27th, 2018, 12:45 AM)Moonface Wrote:

yep, and I moved them to "non sickness generating" levels.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 27th, 2018, 12:45 AM)Moonface Wrote:

yep, and I moved them to "non sickness generating" levels.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. No idea what else would remedy that problem then.

Also, the 1.13 update is so, so good and fills such a huge void the game had before. I've started a couple of worlds so far just to see the variation and I've been unable to go more than five minutes without finding something to explore and find loot in.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. No idea what else would remedy that problem then.

Also, the 1.13 update is so, so good and fills such a huge void the game had before. I've started a couple of worlds so far just to see the variation and I've been unable to go more than five minutes without finding something to explore and find loot in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Choose Savanna, Desert, or Taiga To Be Updated First During Minecon Earth
During Minecon Earth on September 29th, viewers will have the opportunity to vote on one of three biomes, Savanna, Desert, or Taiga, to be updated first for the next update to Minecraft.

Desert's will be updated with palm trees and meerkats. Taiga's will be updated with berry bushes, campfires, and foxes. Finally, Savanna's will be updated with baobab trees, termites, and ostriches.

All of these updates will come to the game eventually, but the winning biome will be the one to see updates first. What biome updates are you most excited for?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Choose Savanna, Desert, or Taiga To Be Updated First During Minecon Earth
During Minecon Earth on September 29th, viewers will have the opportunity to vote on one of three biomes, Savanna, Desert, or Taiga, to be updated first for the next update to Minecraft.

Desert's will be updated with palm trees and meerkats. Taiga's will be updated with berry bushes, campfires, and foxes. Finally, Savanna's will be updated with baobab trees, termites, and ostriches.

All of these updates will come to the game eventually, but the winning biome will be the one to see updates first. What biome updates are you most excited for?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Minecraft Dungeons E3 2019 Trailer

Fight your way through dozens of dungeons in this all new multiplayer action-adventure title inspired by classic dungeon crawlers. Up to four players can play together locally or online when this comes to consoles, PC and Xbox Game Pass in the Spring of 2020!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Minecraft Dungeons E3 2019 Trailer

Fight your way through dozens of dungeons in this all new multiplayer action-adventure title inspired by classic dungeon crawlers. Up to four players can play together locally or online when this comes to consoles, PC and Xbox Game Pass in the Spring of 2020!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't really care much for Dungeons before that newest trailer because of the lack of gameplay, so after seeing some I might pick this game up now. I'd love it if they have a feature where players can make their own dungeons for people to play too, and I wonder if the procedurally generated dungeons are just going to be putting rooms together like BoI and Gungeon, or if it's more like regular Minecraft where it has pre-made structures placed into completely random generation. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't really care much for Dungeons before that newest trailer because of the lack of gameplay, so after seeing some I might pick this game up now. I'd love it if they have a feature where players can make their own dungeons for people to play too, and I wonder if the procedurally generated dungeons are just going to be putting rooms together like BoI and Gungeon, or if it's more like regular Minecraft where it has pre-made structures placed into completely random generation. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft: Dungeons | Gamescom 2019 Gameplay Footage
I came across some footage for Minecraft: Dungeons from Gamescom and thought it looked neat to share. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft: Dungeons | Gamescom 2019 Gameplay Footage
I came across some footage for Minecraft: Dungeons from Gamescom and thought it looked neat to share. Smile

Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly it looks really nice I'm glad they are doing more for the franchise! My only question is will their be any functionality say the base game of Minecraft and this? I think it could be really neat to use your character skins on your Minecraft character and in this game. Smile

And if your dog doesn't die can they appear in your Minecraft game as well making it even more potentially sad when Sammy the Fifth dies in a tragic creeper accident?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly it looks really nice I'm glad they are doing more for the franchise! My only question is will their be any functionality say the base game of Minecraft and this? I think it could be really neat to use your character skins on your Minecraft character and in this game. Smile

And if your dog doesn't die can they appear in your Minecraft game as well making it even more potentially sad when Sammy the Fifth dies in a tragic creeper accident?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt pets would be able to transfer between the games. Skins could because they're server hosted, but pets are just within local save files; there's no way to have that data go to somewhere else. You can't even transfer content between saves in regular Minecraft, so it certainly won't happen between two different Minecraft games.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt pets would be able to transfer between the games. Skins could because they're server hosted, but pets are just within local save files; there's no way to have that data go to somewhere else. You can't even transfer content between saves in regular Minecraft, so it certainly won't happen between two different Minecraft games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So, I know the majority of people here don't play or care for Minecraft, but I think everyone needs to see this absolutely jaw dropping project made by a group called The Floo Network:

Wow Wow Wow
I've seen plenty of attempts over the years at making Hogwarts in Minecraft, but this is not only the best one by a long shot, but they even went and did every other possible location in the Harry Potter universe! Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So, I know the majority of people here don't play or care for Minecraft, but I think everyone needs to see this absolutely jaw dropping project made by a group called The Floo Network:

Wow Wow Wow
I've seen plenty of attempts over the years at making Hogwarts in Minecraft, but this is not only the best one by a long shot, but they even went and did every other possible location in the Harry Potter universe! Gasp
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
So how I got and heard about Minecraft is kind of a funny story. While I was working at Walmart (yeah I worked there) there was a girl I liked who played it. And she invited me over to play it. I did and enjoyed it.

Surprisingly that wasn't the only thing she invited me over to do. But I wasn't ready or prepared. So like an idiot I just went home. So yeah, Minecraft has quite the story attached to it for me lol.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
So how I got and heard about Minecraft is kind of a funny story. While I was working at Walmart (yeah I worked there) there was a girl I liked who played it. And she invited me over to play it. I did and enjoyed it.

Surprisingly that wasn't the only thing she invited me over to do. But I wasn't ready or prepared. So like an idiot I just went home. So yeah, Minecraft has quite the story attached to it for me lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was shocked to see that caves are being updated alongside mountains in the next major update. I didn't think caves would be getting an overhaul anytime soon so that was a pleasant surprise.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was shocked to see that caves are being updated alongside mountains in the next major update. I didn't think caves would be getting an overhaul anytime soon so that was a pleasant surprise.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually just started playing Minecraft on Switch recently cause a streamer I watch invites every one into his realm. I don't go in often since I'm new & have been learning how to craft on peaceful survival mode since dying kind of is frustrating. ^^"
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually just started playing Minecraft on Switch recently cause a streamer I watch invites every one into his realm. I don't go in often since I'm new & have been learning how to craft on peaceful survival mode since dying kind of is frustrating. ^^"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2020, 11:23 AM)queen misdreavus Wrote:
It takes some time to get to grips with Minecraft, but at least now they have recipes in game. There was a time the game didn't tell you how to make anything nor what you could make, so it was either guess or constantly refer to a Wiki. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2020, 11:23 AM)queen misdreavus Wrote:
It takes some time to get to grips with Minecraft, but at least now they have recipes in game. There was a time the game didn't tell you how to make anything nor what you could make, so it was either guess or constantly refer to a Wiki. Doh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A new snapshot was released yesterday for the upcoming Caves & Cliffs update, and it's the first one to offer the new cave generation that the game is going to have in 1.17. Here's all the changes that were made to cave generation as mentioned in the snapshot notes:

Mojang Wrote:
Noise caves and Aquifers
  • Noise caves are a new way of generating caves, providing more natural variety. They can get really huge sometimes! Noise caves come in two flavors:
  • Cheese caves. Like the holes in swiss cheese. These often form caverns of various size.
  • Spaghetti caves. Long squiggly tunnels, sometimes wide like tagliatelle.
  • No, they aren't loud. The "noise" part of noise caves is a technical term and has nothing to do with sound.
  • The old cave carvers and canyons still generate, combining with the noise caves to form interesting cave systems.
  • As with carvers, when noise caves intersect the surface they form cave entrances.
  • An aquifer is an area with local water level, independent of sea level. Aquifers are used during world generation to generate bodies of water inside noise caves. This sometimes results in large underground lakes!
  • For now, aquifers are only used below y31. This means all noise caves between y31 and sea level (y63) will be flooded with water, and noise cave entrances will essentially be lakes. This will be fixed later.
  • Magma sometimes generates at the bottom of underground bodies of water
  • Underwater cave carvers and underwater canyons have been removed, since aquifers are used to generate water in caves instead.
Changes in 21w06a
  • Overworld build and generation limits have been expanded
  • Mineshafts adapted to larger caves
  • You can no longer crouch or jump to prevent a big dripleaf from tilting
  • A big dripleaf will now tilt rather than break when hit by a projectile
  • A redstone powered big dripleaf will not tilt (except when hit by a projectile)
  • The textures for hanging roots and small dripleaves have been updated
World generation
  • Generation range and build limits have been expanded by 64 blocks up and 64 blocks down, to a total range of 384 blocks
  • Underground features, structures, and caves generate all the way down to y -64.
Mineshaft changes
  • Mineshaft pieces don't generate if they would be fully floating in the air
  • Mineshaft corridors are supported by log pillars when needed
  • No floating cobwebs
For a better idea of how the world height limit expansions work, here's a helpful image from one of the developers:
As you can see, it doesn't mess up with overworld generation, but there is the obvious problem of a massive empty space underneath old world chunks that do not go down to y -64. Right now Mojang are not allowing old worlds to be played in the current snapshot until they have a method in place to let old worlds transition smoothly to the new cave generation. This is a good video to watch to see how the new caves actually generate, and it also covers the other changes the snapshot brings as well:

These new caves are absolutely insane! It reminds me of the custom caves I've seen in some CTM maps I've played in the past and those were so hard to navigate because unless you hug a wall mobs can just surround you all the time until you get the cave lit up, and that's not an easy task with caves as big as the ones this snapshot brings.

I'm curious what they'll do about old world chunks though. Ideally they would find a way to generate an extra 64 blocks underneath a chunk but the original bedrock layer would have to remain for the sake of builds that currently descend to y0. Not putting anything underneath like shown in the tweet would pose the problem of what to do when a new chunk is alongside an old one, because mining through the side would put you beneath the old chunk and give you access to beneath bedrock. I guess they could find a way to put a bedrock wall up but I have no idea how they would be able to get the game to know an old chunk is next to a new one.

I also hope diamond is pushed down to the deep dark (caves below y0) so that you have to go down really deep to get that stuff and it becomes something risky to collect due to the wardens that'll roam down there. I'd also like to see some mobs added to the flooded caves because they feel rather empty and to me are the easier way to get ores because even without water gear you can just use doors to get free air and there won't be a need to light anything up to stop mob spawns because nothing will spawn. Maybe drowned should spawn in there. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A new snapshot was released yesterday for the upcoming Caves & Cliffs update, and it's the first one to offer the new cave generation that the game is going to have in 1.17. Here's all the changes that were made to cave generation as mentioned in the snapshot notes:

Mojang Wrote:
Noise caves and Aquifers
  • Noise caves are a new way of generating caves, providing more natural variety. They can get really huge sometimes! Noise caves come in two flavors:
  • Cheese caves. Like the holes in swiss cheese. These often form caverns of various size.
  • Spaghetti caves. Long squiggly tunnels, sometimes wide like tagliatelle.
  • No, they aren't loud. The "noise" part of noise caves is a technical term and has nothing to do with sound.
  • The old cave carvers and canyons still generate, combining with the noise caves to form interesting cave systems.
  • As with carvers, when noise caves intersect the surface they form cave entrances.
  • An aquifer is an area with local water level, independent of sea level. Aquifers are used during world generation to generate bodies of water inside noise caves. This sometimes results in large underground lakes!
  • For now, aquifers are only used below y31. This means all noise caves between y31 and sea level (y63) will be flooded with water, and noise cave entrances will essentially be lakes. This will be fixed later.
  • Magma sometimes generates at the bottom of underground bodies of water
  • Underwater cave carvers and underwater canyons have been removed, since aquifers are used to generate water in caves instead.
Changes in 21w06a
  • Overworld build and generation limits have been expanded
  • Mineshafts adapted to larger caves
  • You can no longer crouch or jump to prevent a big dripleaf from tilting
  • A big dripleaf will now tilt rather than break when hit by a projectile
  • A redstone powered big dripleaf will not tilt (except when hit by a projectile)
  • The textures for hanging roots and small dripleaves have been updated
World generation
  • Generation range and build limits have been expanded by 64 blocks up and 64 blocks down, to a total range of 384 blocks
  • Underground features, structures, and caves generate all the way down to y -64.
Mineshaft changes
  • Mineshaft pieces don't generate if they would be fully floating in the air
  • Mineshaft corridors are supported by log pillars when needed
  • No floating cobwebs
For a better idea of how the world height limit expansions work, here's a helpful image from one of the developers:
As you can see, it doesn't mess up with overworld generation, but there is the obvious problem of a massive empty space underneath old world chunks that do not go down to y -64. Right now Mojang are not allowing old worlds to be played in the current snapshot until they have a method in place to let old worlds transition smoothly to the new cave generation. This is a good video to watch to see how the new caves actually generate, and it also covers the other changes the snapshot brings as well:

These new caves are absolutely insane! It reminds me of the custom caves I've seen in some CTM maps I've played in the past and those were so hard to navigate because unless you hug a wall mobs can just surround you all the time until you get the cave lit up, and that's not an easy task with caves as big as the ones this snapshot brings.

I'm curious what they'll do about old world chunks though. Ideally they would find a way to generate an extra 64 blocks underneath a chunk but the original bedrock layer would have to remain for the sake of builds that currently descend to y0. Not putting anything underneath like shown in the tweet would pose the problem of what to do when a new chunk is alongside an old one, because mining through the side would put you beneath the old chunk and give you access to beneath bedrock. I guess they could find a way to put a bedrock wall up but I have no idea how they would be able to get the game to know an old chunk is next to a new one.

I also hope diamond is pushed down to the deep dark (caves below y0) so that you have to go down really deep to get that stuff and it becomes something risky to collect due to the wardens that'll roam down there. I'd also like to see some mobs added to the flooded caves because they feel rather empty and to me are the easier way to get ores because even without water gear you can just use doors to get free air and there won't be a need to light anything up to stop mob spawns because nothing will spawn. Maybe drowned should spawn in there. Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Gaming Minecraft Server Karo 58 18,067 Jun 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface