PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Oohhh man Army Men such memories,

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jul 13th, 2018, 09:56 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Trial & Error: The Game.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 10:14 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I am so tempted to download a PSX emulator and play the Army Men games again.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jul 13th, 2018, 11:09 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Hey, me too.

I so wish my PS1 & 2 weren't in the brink of death.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jul 13th, 2018, 11:09 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Hey, me too.

I so wish my PS1 & 2 weren't in the brink of death.
JennyorAlice Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,164
I think it's fair to use a walkthrough when you've gotten to a point in the game where you are absolutely stuck and you've tried everything else that you can think of. I know some people that are completely against using a walkthrough but there's no shame in asking for help when you get to a point where you can't go any further.
JennyorAlice Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,164
I think it's fair to use a walkthrough when you've gotten to a point in the game where you are absolutely stuck and you've tried everything else that you can think of. I know some people that are completely against using a walkthrough but there's no shame in asking for help when you get to a point where you can't go any further.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder what the hardest game is to play without a walkthrough and how long someone gets stuck on average trying to play the game without ever resorting to a walkthrough for assistance? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder what the hardest game is to play without a walkthrough and how long someone gets stuck on average trying to play the game without ever resorting to a walkthrough for assistance? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I think we all know the answer to that question, Moonface. The hardest game to play without use of a guide is obviously Minesweeper.

I want to say just kidding, but the amount of people I see who don't know how to play Minesweeper, and get horribly confused when someone tries to explain it to them boggles my mind. I don't know what's so hard about, "The number represents how many mines are directly around it." But there are people out there who just cannot grasp that concept for whatever reason.

Minesweeper confirmed hardest game ever made.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I think we all know the answer to that question, Moonface. The hardest game to play without use of a guide is obviously Minesweeper.

I want to say just kidding, but the amount of people I see who don't know how to play Minesweeper, and get horribly confused when someone tries to explain it to them boggles my mind. I don't know what's so hard about, "The number represents how many mines are directly around it." But there are people out there who just cannot grasp that concept for whatever reason.

fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
If a walkthrough exists it's fair to use it. You've got to be all kinds of arrogant and gatekeepy to suggest someone can't use one if they're stuck somewhere. I usually prefer to not use them but if I'm stuck on a thing for too long and am getting frustrated I'll usually look it up to save myself going crazy. Tongue
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
If a walkthrough exists it's fair to use it. You've got to be all kinds of arrogant and gatekeepy to suggest someone can't use one if they're stuck somewhere. I usually prefer to not use them but if I'm stuck on a thing for too long and am getting frustrated I'll usually look it up to save myself going crazy. Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 5th, 2018, 06:24 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I don't know if reading up about how the game itself works would be considered a walkthrough. Most games need to tell you how to play it to some degree. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

I don't know if reading up about how the game itself works would be considered a walkthrough. Most games need to tell you how to play it to some degree. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Sep 8th, 2018, 12:50 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I've legit seen people who had to have someone sit there and tell them exactly where to click because they had no idea on what to do. It was like a verbal walkthrough. One of the streamers I watch is actually so bad at the game that if there's a 1 with only one square touching it, he doesn't know where the mine is.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

I've legit seen people who had to have someone sit there and tell them exactly where to click because they had no idea on what to do. It was like a verbal walkthrough. One of the streamers I watch is actually so bad at the game that if there's a 1 with only one square touching it, he doesn't know where the mine is.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 8th, 2018, 03:11 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Is that streamer by chance a game journalist? Whistle

[Image: kzeBRqm.gif]

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 8th, 2018, 03:11 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Is that streamer by chance a game journalist? Whistle

[Image: kzeBRqm.gif]
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
For me it's fine to use them. They're meant to be used after all. I'm not sure about modern games, but old RPG games really required using walkthroughs. Puzzles in Golden Sun or Boktai at times were so hard that even if you knew what to do, you still would not solve them and progress the game.

At the end of the day, though, lots of games are single player only and it's always up to the player whether they want to cheat or not. And it's not our role to judge them.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
For me it's fine to use them. They're meant to be used after all. I'm not sure about modern games, but old RPG games really required using walkthroughs. Puzzles in Golden Sun or Boktai at times were so hard that even if you knew what to do, you still would not solve them and progress the game.

At the end of the day, though, lots of games are single player only and it's always up to the player whether they want to cheat or not. And it's not our role to judge them.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I think it's fine to use them. I really only use them to see if I like the game. So I watch part one or two of the series and then go from there.

The only time I actually used a walkthrough for its intended purpose was for LA Noire as I wanted to get all the clues correct. Even then, I only used it for the first disk on Xbox 360.

But yeah, I think it's fine to use them.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I think it's fine to use them. I really only use them to see if I like the game. So I watch part one or two of the series and then go from there.

The only time I actually used a walkthrough for its intended purpose was for LA Noire as I wanted to get all the clues correct. Even then, I only used it for the first disk on Xbox 360.

But yeah, I think it's fine to use them.