What Do You Love/Hate the Smell of?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm watching an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen right now and they're having to make a cake, and it just made me think of how much I miss the smell of my mum baking cakes all the time. ;w;

So what smells do you folks love or hate?

Perhaps you have a weird one like I do where I love the smell you get in the air at a gas/petrol station. My mum hates that smell but I could sniff that shit all day. Sigh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm watching an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen right now and they're having to make a cake, and it just made me think of how much I miss the smell of my mum baking cakes all the time. ;w;

So what smells do you folks love or hate?

Perhaps you have a weird one like I do where I love the smell you get in the air at a gas/petrol station. My mum hates that smell but I could sniff that shit all day. Sigh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yay, I don't like the smell at petrol stations either. Well fuel anyway.

Baking does give a good smell, especially cakes. Ah, chocolate fudge cake...

Sliced onions I seem to really like, so if I am filling the "Stir Fry end" we call it on Produce which includes sliced onions, not so much the red sliced onions though, I have to catch a whiff of a pack. Even better is if I'm filling the sliced onion section of the shelf and have to handle multiple packs. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yay, I don't like the smell at petrol stations either. Well fuel anyway.

Baking does give a good smell, especially cakes. Ah, chocolate fudge cake...

Sliced onions I seem to really like, so if I am filling the "Stir Fry end" we call it on Produce which includes sliced onions, not so much the red sliced onions though, I have to catch a whiff of a pack. Even better is if I'm filling the sliced onion section of the shelf and have to handle multiple packs. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not a fan of onions as a smell generally.

I hate the smell of coffee too. Just someone being near me with a drink from like Starbucks or something is bad enough.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not a fan of onions as a smell generally.

I hate the smell of coffee too. Just someone being near me with a drink from like Starbucks or something is bad enough.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I've always hated the smell of canteens and buffets. Not sure what it is: maybe all the different smells of various ingredients just clashing.

On the other hand... just about any combination of fruit and chocolate makes a wonderful smell Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I've always hated the smell of canteens and buffets. Not sure what it is: maybe all the different smells of various ingredients just clashing.

On the other hand... just about any combination of fruit and chocolate makes a wonderful smell Smile !
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I love the smell of cooked/cooking onions. Oh, and garlic. The chemicals released in the cooking process are so aromatic and absolutely mouth-watering. You just know a good meal's comin' when you smell'em cookin' ^_^

Contrasting to Moony's take, I adore the smell of coffee. It reminds me of mornings at home cuz my parents would drink it every morning. Peaceful. I hate the taste of coffee, though. Can't get me to drink the stuff no matter what you put in it LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I love the smell of cooked/cooking onions. Oh, and garlic. The chemicals released in the cooking process are so aromatic and absolutely mouth-watering. You just know a good meal's comin' when you smell'em cookin' ^_^

Contrasting to Moony's take, I adore the smell of coffee. It reminds me of mornings at home cuz my parents would drink it every morning. Peaceful. I hate the taste of coffee, though. Can't get me to drink the stuff no matter what you put in it LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 15th, 2023, 12:03 AM)Kyng Wrote:
...chocolate makes a wonderful smell Smile !
Ah, something else I recall disliking the smell of actually. For as much as I like chocolate, the smell of it tends to be overwhelming to me when going into a store that sells a lot of it, and if you're planning on heating it up in any fashion I will beg to leave the room entirely. The smell of melting chocolate is probably one of my most disliked smells, up there with when my mum would boil milk on the stove for whatever reason it was. Sick

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 15th, 2023, 12:03 AM)Kyng Wrote:
...chocolate makes a wonderful smell Smile !
Ah, something else I recall disliking the smell of actually. For as much as I like chocolate, the smell of it tends to be overwhelming to me when going into a store that sells a lot of it, and if you're planning on heating it up in any fashion I will beg to leave the room entirely. The smell of melting chocolate is probably one of my most disliked smells, up there with when my mum would boil milk on the stove for whatever reason it was. Sick