Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

So I came across this tonight. It's a cover of a song being sung by the Chinese VAs of Genshin Impact, but they are singing it in Japanese, and they sound fantastic. Stuff like this really shows how big of a gap in the talent there is between Japanese/Chinese voice actors and Western voice actors.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

So I came across this tonight. It's a cover of a song being sung by the Chinese VAs of Genshin Impact, but they are singing it in Japanese, and they sound fantastic. Stuff like this really shows how big of a gap in the talent there is between Japanese/Chinese voice actors and Western voice actors.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yup that sounds good! Funny they got a lot of the characters VAs then a villager VA on the end, not to take anything away from him just was expecting all who took part where notable character VAs.

I agree on Japanese/Chinese VAs being able to pull out pretty decent stuff that sounds better than most or at least the average Western "singers" can do. I'm here listening happily in my circle of favourite music, and don't need mainstream stuff that unfortunately gets all the attention. Eh.

Been obsessed with a new album Silver Lining by Infinite & Divine (a duo group), been listening to it on my non portable CD player. The only way I can listen to it, or online until I get an MP3 version. I did purchase on Amazon and usually there's an AutoRip option but not this time, dang it. My new headphones are fine with that CD player and my portable MP3 player but not PC for some reason. Whatever I suppose.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yup that sounds good! Funny they got a lot of the characters VAs then a villager VA on the end, not to take anything away from him just was expecting all who took part where notable character VAs.

I agree on Japanese/Chinese VAs being able to pull out pretty decent stuff that sounds better than most or at least the average Western "singers" can do. I'm here listening happily in my circle of favourite music, and don't need mainstream stuff that unfortunately gets all the attention. Eh.

Been obsessed with a new album Silver Lining by Infinite & Divine (a duo group), been listening to it on my non portable CD player. The only way I can listen to it, or online until I get an MP3 version. I did purchase on Amazon and usually there's an AutoRip option but not this time, dang it. My new headphones are fine with that CD player and my portable MP3 player but not PC for some reason. Whatever I suppose.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
What's funny is that is Albert on the end there, the NPC who is obsessed/stalks Barbara and there's a daily in Genshin you can get from one of the Sisters at the church that involves chasing him away. So people in the comments were making jokes that since he can't get close to his Idol, he became the idol himself.

But yeah, their singing is great and the fact that it's not in their native language makes it even better. When Klee's VA starts singing that solo part, it's just like, daaaamn. I don't know if that's the same voice she uses for Klee, but if it is, that's a huge difference between JP and EN Klee (not sure about Korean).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
What's funny is that is Albert on the end there, the NPC who is obsessed/stalks Barbara and there's a daily in Genshin you can get from one of the Sisters at the church that involves chasing him away. So people in the comments were making jokes that since he can't get close to his Idol, he became the idol himself.

But yeah, their singing is great and the fact that it's not in their native language makes it even better. When Klee's VA starts singing that solo part, it's just like, daaaamn. I don't know if that's the same voice she uses for Klee, but if it is, that's a huge difference between JP and EN Klee (not sure about Korean).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
A multitude of SHINee songs from Shira's Spotify during the 2+ hour drive home last night. Turns out their music is very good for night driving.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
A multitude of SHINee songs from Shira's Spotify during the 2+ hour drive home last night. Turns out their music is very good for night driving.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 31st, 2021, 02:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I think their music is good for any time honestly ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 31st, 2021, 10:30 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

True but I find some music is very good at night specifically more than others.

Innerpartysystem - Heart of Fire

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 31st, 2021, 10:30 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

True but I find some music is very good at night specifically more than others.

Innerpartysystem - Heart of Fire
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I feel this comment describes it best:
Mervin lee Wrote:
I keep telling my girlfriend that I can't wait to go back to my hometown in Husavik once the travel restrictions are lifted. She keeps reminding me that I'm Singaporean. I don't need this negativity in my life.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

Mervin lee Wrote:
I keep telling my girlfriend that I can't wait to go back to my hometown in Husavik once the travel restrictions are lifted. She keeps reminding me that I'm Singaporean. I don't need this negativity in my life.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kamelot - Elizabeth I, II & III Live, but watching a Vocal coach/Opera singer react to it.

Also I'm currently trying to rank my top favourite band/musician, vocalist, album, and songs for my own personal reasons and that I just rank stuff (I was doing anime/game series characters before this XD )
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kamelot - Elizabeth I, II & III Live, but watching a Vocal coach/Opera singer react to it.

Also I'm currently trying to rank my top favourite band/musician, vocalist, album, and songs for my own personal reasons and that I just rank stuff (I was doing anime/game series characters before this XD )
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 22nd, 2021, 04:25 AM)Karo Wrote:

Mervin lee Wrote:
Was this an actual performance for Eurovision, or is it just for what I assume is a Netflix documentary/whatever about Eurovision? How'd you even come across this by the way? XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 22nd, 2021, 04:25 AM)Karo Wrote:

Mervin lee Wrote:
Was this an actual performance for Eurovision, or is it just for what I assume is a Netflix documentary/whatever about Eurovision? How'd you even come across this by the way? XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I think it was some sorta film thing I think I came across it cause I was looking up eurovision songs cause I was thinking about it. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I think it was some sorta film thing I think I came across it cause I was looking up eurovision songs cause I was thinking about it. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 9th, 2021, 06:12 PM)Karo Wrote:
You have any songs from the actual Eurovision contests that you like? Or performances, if the song itself isn't amazing, such as I believe Germany was one such performance this year where it was hilarious to watch but the song wasn't good by itself. Tongue

Donots - Saccharine Smile

Thought about this song at work today and wondered if maybe it was finally on Spotify (last time I checked it wasn't available in the US) and turns out that it's now on Spotify in the US! Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 9th, 2021, 06:12 PM)Karo Wrote:
You have any songs from the actual Eurovision contests that you like? Or performances, if the song itself isn't amazing, such as I believe Germany was one such performance this year where it was hilarious to watch but the song wasn't good by itself. Tongue

Donots - Saccharine Smile

Thought about this song at work today and wondered if maybe it was finally on Spotify (last time I checked it wasn't available in the US) and turns out that it's now on Spotify in the US! Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 497 156,711 40 minutes ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,784 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,896 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface