Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,533
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What do you consider to be releasing a song @Maniakkid25? Especially since physical stuff isn't really a thing as much anymore and a lot of smaller artists probably don't even consider it now. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,533 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What do you consider to be releasing a song @Maniakkid25? Especially since physical stuff isn't really a thing as much anymore and a lot of smaller artists probably don't even consider it now. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
For a google search; I would expect that it has an LP release to back it up. Right, non-music -- an actual album, rather than just a single song. Then again, given the state of music and self-publishing being so easy, I would say Bandcamp releases or something along those lines, where you can actually buy an MP3 and keep it, rather than just stream it. Then again, Netflix movies get "release" dates, too, so *shrug* my definition is probably bad.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
For a google search; I would expect that it has an LP release to back it up. Right, non-music -- an actual album, rather than just a single song. Then again, given the state of music and self-publishing being so easy, I would say Bandcamp releases or something along those lines, where you can actually buy an MP3 and keep it, rather than just stream it. Then again, Netflix movies get "release" dates, too, so *shrug* my definition is probably bad.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 26th, 2023, 01:20 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
For me I'd say it would depend on a release on a service like Spotify or Apple Music, but I don't know if there's any requirement to getting on those platforms or if any person with a song can get their stuff on there. That Bowsette song being on both of those services would at least explain how Google could predictive search it, plus it might also just do it due to that song being a popular search term/result for "bowsette" that's SFW.

Last thing I listened to was:
Vision One - Röyksopp

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 26th, 2023, 01:20 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
For me I'd say it would depend on a release on a service like Spotify or Apple Music, but I don't know if there's any requirement to getting on those platforms or if any person with a song can get their stuff on there. That Bowsette song being on both of those services would at least explain how Google could predictive search it, plus it might also just do it due to that song being a popular search term/result for "bowsette" that's SFW.

Last thing I listened to was:
Vision One - Röyksopp
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
On break at work, was listening to the second half of Ad Infinitum's latest album because I enjoy it a lot, their best so far. Then after it finished, put a playlist and we'll, a song from my last post happens to be on again. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
On break at work, was listening to the second half of Ad Infinitum's latest album because I enjoy it a lot, their best so far. Then after it finished, put a playlist and we'll, a song from my last post happens to be on again. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Didn't know you listen to 30STM @Dragon LordGasp

Amsterdam - Nothing But Thieves

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Didn't know you listen to 30STM @Dragon LordGasp

Amsterdam - Nothing But Thieves
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Coward didn't even put the official MV for the song  Angry 

Also this happens to be the last song I listened to as well LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Coward didn't even put the official MV for the song  Angry 

Also this happens to be the last song I listened to as well LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I actually didn't know that song had an official music video. I thought 30STM had abandoned those in favour of those dull as shit lyric videos that became a trend for a lot of bands at that one point in time. Whistle

Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

"What if all these fantasies come
Flailing around
Now I've woahed too much
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you woah
I think I thought I saw you try"

For anyone confused by the lyrics or why I even wrote them, I have this thing where I like to take the Crash Bandicoot "Woah" meme and replace words in songs with "woah" because I find it very entertaining and feel like starting a thing in my posts in here where I share a part of the song I might have edited for that when I listened to it. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I actually didn't know that song had an official music video. I thought 30STM had abandoned those in favour of those dull as shit lyric videos that became a trend for a lot of bands at that one point in time. Whistle

Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

"What if all these fantasies come
Flailing around
Now I've woahed too much
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you woah
I think I thought I saw you try"

For anyone confused by the lyrics or why I even wrote them, I have this thing where I like to take the Crash Bandicoot "Woah" meme and replace words in songs with "woah" because I find it very entertaining and feel like starting a thing in my posts in here where I share a part of the song I might have edited for that when I listened to it. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Genesis - STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION

Don't really know this song but it was the last thing that played on @ShiraNoMai's Spotify on our drive home just now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Don't really know this song but it was the last thing that played on @ShiraNoMai's Spotify on our drive home just now.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Celldweller - The Last Firstborn & Kamelot - III Ways To Epica

I was curious how music I like sounded with my current bad ear, and well, goddamn I can't wait to be able to listen to my favourite music properly again. Sad
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Celldweller - The Last Firstborn & Kamelot - III Ways To Epica

I was curious how music I like sounded with my current bad ear, and well, goddamn I can't wait to be able to listen to my favourite music properly again. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 14th, 2023, 08:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It's the Dimension W opening theme. Show was... okay. I think the song was more of a banger than the show was. Not that the show was bad; it was certainly one of the more original ideas I had seen in a while. Just nothing spectacular Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 14th, 2023, 08:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It's the Dimension W opening theme. Show was... okay. I think the song was more of a banger than the show was. Not that the show was bad; it was certainly one of the more original ideas I had seen in a while. Just nothing spectacular Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Go With The Flow - Queens of the Stone Age

I love it whenever I pull into my driveway and the song I'm playing ends as soon as I'm putting the car in park, which is what happened here. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Go With The Flow - Queens of the Stone Age

I love it whenever I pull into my driveway and the song I'm playing ends as soon as I'm putting the car in park, which is what happened here. ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Miss You - Blink-182

Heard this song on a radio somewhere while in Minneapolis and I haven't heard it in years, and so now it's been stuck in my head all morning and been added to my Spotify library. Tongue
Now I just need to remember what other songs of theirs are good/that I like so I can add those too. It's hard to remember when I've not heard anything of theirs for probably at least a decade at this point.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Miss You - Blink-182

Heard this song on a radio somewhere while in Minneapolis and I haven't heard it in years, and so now it's been stuck in my head all morning and been added to my Spotify library. Tongue
Now I just need to remember what other songs of theirs are good/that I like so I can add those too. It's hard to remember when I've not heard anything of theirs for probably at least a decade at this point.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Rubber Band -- Jackal Queenston

It's so f***ing weird hearing an Emma Essex song being used in a meme.

For those that don't know, Emma Essex (she/they) is an EDM artist that makes A LOT of music (like, 1 full album a month), categorizing the various genres of songs they make into aliases. So, there's Mayhem for Electro House, Jackal Queenston for Drum and Bass, or Emoticon (formerly Furries in a Blender) for Happy Hardcore. This specific song has now been tied to a meme of an ending scene from Megamind of the villain dancing around in his cell on a loop. It has 9 million views on Youtube. So imagine my surprise when I first saw this, and being like "Wait, is that Renard Queenston? (Another alias of Emma Essex)" I was wrong -- it was Jackal -- but I did remember the song from when I followed them quite deeply.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Rubber Band -- Jackal Queenston

It's so f***ing weird hearing an Emma Essex song being used in a meme.

For those that don't know, Emma Essex (she/they) is an EDM artist that makes A LOT of music (like, 1 full album a month), categorizing the various genres of songs they make into aliases. So, there's Mayhem for Electro House, Jackal Queenston for Drum and Bass, or Emoticon (formerly Furries in a Blender) for Happy Hardcore. This specific song has now been tied to a meme of an ending scene from Megamind of the villain dancing around in his cell on a loop. It has 9 million views on Youtube. So imagine my surprise when I first saw this, and being like "Wait, is that Renard Queenston? (Another alias of Emma Essex)" I was wrong -- it was Jackal -- but I did remember the song from when I followed them quite deeply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 499 157,426 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:34 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,813 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,904 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface