Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dear Agony (album) - Breaking Benjamin
Somehow never listened to this album before but listened to the one before and after it. Decided to play it today after hearing the title track last night and really liking it. Overall a really good album! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Somehow never listened to this album before but listened to the one before and after it. Decided to play it today after hearing the title track last night and really liking it. Overall a really good album! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
^ That album is quite depressing, but it's not shocking considering most of it was written from the perspective of the main vocalist's sobriety struggles (including the cover art, which is an MRI scan of his brain!)

I always find people's sobriety-seeking albums to be quite powerful. Can't quite think of any at the moment (tired brain), but I know they for sure exist XD

While trying to refresh my memory by going through some band names, I've dug into a rabbit hole of what was once my favorite band, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and am now giving what was apparently the best song on their latest album.

Rider - Thirty Seconds To Mars
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
^ That album is quite depressing, but it's not shocking considering most of it was written from the perspective of the main vocalist's sobriety struggles (including the cover art, which is an MRI scan of his brain!)

I always find people's sobriety-seeking albums to be quite powerful. Can't quite think of any at the moment (tired brain), but I know they for sure exist XD

While trying to refresh my memory by going through some band names, I've dug into a rabbit hole of what was once my favorite band, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and am now giving what was apparently the best song on their latest album.

Rider - Thirty Seconds To Mars
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 23rd, 2021, 05:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nice. I love the album. My favorite off of it being the song of the same name, of course. I really like the Aurora version they made with Lacy Strum last year. 'Anthem of the Angels' would probably be my next favorite off of that Album. 

2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 23rd, 2021, 05:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nice. I love the album. My favorite off of it being the song of the same name, of course. I really like the Aurora version they made with Lacy Strum last year. 'Anthem of the Angels' would probably be my next favorite off of that Album. 

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2021, 06:50 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
'Anthem of the Angels' would probably be my next favorite off of that Album.
Yeah, that song is very good, along with Lights Out being another I really liked. I hated how good the end of the album sounds because it's at the end so I was left really wanting more. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2021, 06:50 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
'Anthem of the Angels' would probably be my next favorite off of that Album.
Yeah, that song is very good, along with Lights Out being another I really liked. I hated how good the end of the album sounds because it's at the end so I was left really wanting more. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Breaking Benjamin is just a top tier band all around, man. They are criminally underrated.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Breaking Benjamin is just a top tier band all around, man. They are criminally underrated.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, Breaking Benjamin's problem with being underrated has everything to do with music snobbery, to be honest. Their problem is that they're Post-Grunge, which is not a well-respected genre in the critical community (made gobsmacking amounts of money in the 00's, though). Admittedly, they're more Alt-metal than, say, Nickelback (I kind of have to go there; they are the poster child of Post-Grunge), taking more after bands like Alice in Chains, which is probably why they have as much success as they do. There is a LOOOOOOOONG discussion that I can go into with the history of rock music from the 80s on and why we have the landscape we do, but I don't want to get into that for one band. Point is, that's probably why they are underrated.

Then again, I only know of them because of Halo 2, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, here. MEANWHILE!

Sheer Heart Attack - Queen

God, I love Queen. Bit of Genre Roulette with them, but they never sound like they aren't committed to the music. Wish Freddie was still around today...
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, Breaking Benjamin's problem with being underrated has everything to do with music snobbery, to be honest. Their problem is that they're Post-Grunge, which is not a well-respected genre in the critical community (made gobsmacking amounts of money in the 00's, though). Admittedly, they're more Alt-metal than, say, Nickelback (I kind of have to go there; they are the poster child of Post-Grunge), taking more after bands like Alice in Chains, which is probably why they have as much success as they do. There is a LOOOOOOOONG discussion that I can go into with the history of rock music from the 80s on and why we have the landscape we do, but I don't want to get into that for one band. Point is, that's probably why they are underrated.

Then again, I only know of them because of Halo 2, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, here. MEANWHILE!

Sheer Heart Attack - Queen

God, I love Queen. Bit of Genre Roulette with them, but they never sound like they aren't committed to the music. Wish Freddie was still around today...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I own only one album by Breaking Benjamin, wish I had others but still enjoy the one I have.

Got a playlist on, last was Conception - By the Blues and now Delain - Lost
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I own only one album by Breaking Benjamin, wish I had others but still enjoy the one I have.

Got a playlist on, last was Conception - By the Blues and now Delain - Lost
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse - The Black Dahlia Murder (yes, it is named after Castlevania II, good eye!)

Nothing like trying to transcribe a MeloDeath track on a MIDI Mandolin lel! The things you will do to avoid Content ID! (Yes, this will be used in a video if all goes well...)
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse - The Black Dahlia Murder (yes, it is named after Castlevania II, good eye!)

Nothing like trying to transcribe a MeloDeath track on a MIDI Mandolin lel! The things you will do to avoid Content ID! (Yes, this will be used in a video if all goes well...)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 27th, 2021, 07:30 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Then again, I only know of them because of Halo 2, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, here.
I first heard of Breaking Benjamin via the WWE games, which featured their songs Firefly and Polyamorous. Trouble was back at that time the only way to hear more of a band was generally by getting their albums or hearing them on the radio/TV, but I never encountered them in the latter and I wasn't going to spend money on the former with no idea what I'd think of an entire album. Makes me grateful for things like Spotify or even YouTube to be able to hear more of a band easily and potentially become a fan of them.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 27th, 2021, 07:30 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Then again, I only know of them because of Halo 2, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, here.
I first heard of Breaking Benjamin via the WWE games, which featured their songs Firefly and Polyamorous. Trouble was back at that time the only way to hear more of a band was generally by getting their albums or hearing them on the radio/TV, but I never encountered them in the latter and I wasn't going to spend money on the former with no idea what I'd think of an entire album. Makes me grateful for things like Spotify or even YouTube to be able to hear more of a band easily and potentially become a fan of them.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Currently listening to a SamsTrains livestream. Probably not the most exciting thing on YouTube (he's basically running odd model trains that people have requested), but it's nice to have on in the background while I do other things Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Currently listening to a SamsTrains livestream. Probably not the most exciting thing on YouTube (he's basically running odd model trains that people have requested), but it's nice to have on in the background while I do other things Tongue .
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I Want It I Need It (Death Heated) - Death Grips

Jesus Christ, Death Grips. If you've never heard of them, this is probably a great song to start with. They're like if the Dead Kennedys did Horrorcore Rap instead of Hardcore Punk: they AGGRESSIVELY do not give a f*** what you think about them, and have single-handedly redefined their musical niche. One of their music videos (Hustle Bones) features extensive use of footage of random things spinning in a dryer, because screw you, that's why! They are the new poster child for "Industrial Rap", which is like if Noise Rock and Horrorcore had a baby, and fed it nothing but LSD. In short, they are AMAZING, and not for the faint of heart. Seriously, if music has been getting a little stale for you, just search up "Money Store" on Spotify, and pick a random song. Though fair warning: "Punk Weight" has a bass drop that will physically violate you and your speakers if you aren't prepared for it (i.e. turn up the volume because of the relative quietness of the first 40 seconds), so watch for that. Also, the cover art is NSFW, so careful there!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I Want It I Need It (Death Heated) - Death Grips

Jesus Christ, Death Grips. If you've never heard of them, this is probably a great song to start with. They're like if the Dead Kennedys did Horrorcore Rap instead of Hardcore Punk: they AGGRESSIVELY do not give a f*** what you think about them, and have single-handedly redefined their musical niche. One of their music videos (Hustle Bones) features extensive use of footage of random things spinning in a dryer, because screw you, that's why! They are the new poster child for "Industrial Rap", which is like if Noise Rock and Horrorcore had a baby, and fed it nothing but LSD. In short, they are AMAZING, and not for the faint of heart. Seriously, if music has been getting a little stale for you, just search up "Money Store" on Spotify, and pick a random song. Though fair warning: "Punk Weight" has a bass drop that will physically violate you and your speakers if you aren't prepared for it (i.e. turn up the volume because of the relative quietness of the first 40 seconds), so watch for that. Also, the cover art is NSFW, so careful there!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Long Shot by Mayu Maeshima

Re:ZERO has such good opening themes but I love this one the most so far! Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Long Shot by Mayu Maeshima

Re:ZERO has such good opening themes but I love this one the most so far! Grin
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
You Made Me Realise [sic] - My Bloody Valentine

*DanielBryanYesChant.mp4*

It's finally on Spotify! The signature EP of one of the most important bands of the late 80's and early 90's, creating one of the greatest albums of all time: Loveless (and I mean that literally; it's 73 on Rolling Stone's list!). And yet, their signature song, in all its noise-y glory, has never featured outside of it's eponymous EP. Just so you know what you're getting into, My Bloody Valentine's sound (and its entire genre of Shoegaze, really) can be best described as "Alt-rock riffs and dreamy, breathy vocals under a wall of guitar distortion."
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
You Made Me Realise [sic] - My Bloody Valentine

*DanielBryanYesChant.mp4*

It's finally on Spotify! The signature EP of one of the most important bands of the late 80's and early 90's, creating one of the greatest albums of all time: Loveless (and I mean that literally; it's 73 on Rolling Stone's list!). And yet, their signature song, in all its noise-y glory, has never featured outside of it's eponymous EP. Just so you know what you're getting into, My Bloody Valentine's sound (and its entire genre of Shoegaze, really) can be best described as "Alt-rock riffs and dreamy, breathy vocals under a wall of guitar distortion."
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 497 156,711 32 minutes ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,784 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,896 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface