Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
OK I have to find an extended version of that, IMMEDIATELY. *finds it* YAY

So that, then next I'll listen to Fozzy - Sane, a song that's got me back into listening to the band again. After Sin and Bones disappointed me, I just kept to the two albums that came before. I did like Judas but it wasn't enough to take me back, but after Sane and seeing the music video of it which fits the lyrics pretty well, considering Jericho apparently has a fear of heights but there he was on a rollercoaster facing his fears for the video.

[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
OK I have to find an extended version of that, IMMEDIATELY. *finds it* YAY

So that, then next I'll listen to Fozzy - Sane, a song that's got me back into listening to the band again. After Sin and Bones disappointed me, I just kept to the two albums that came before. I did like Judas but it wasn't enough to take me back, but after Sane and seeing the music video of it which fits the lyrics pretty well, considering Jericho apparently has a fear of heights but there he was on a rollercoaster facing his fears for the video.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
25 or 6 to 4 (Live at Tanglewood) - Chicago

I decided on looking into live versions of this song on hearing the surprising claim that Hendrix claimed Terry Kath, one of the founders of the band and lead guitarist, was the best in the world (this is according to their founding saxophonist, Walter Parazaider). I wanted to see some of his playing proper, rather than just the studio recording. I may not be any good at guitar, but I know how to play just enough to know when someone else is good. I wouldn't say he's the best, but he's definitely underrated! He seriously looks like he's gonna snap the guitar in half, that's how hard he's playing. He also gives me hope for my technique, because he's largely downpicking rather than alternate picking or economy picking (you play the string in the direction of where you're headed on the guitar), which are the generally recommended techniques. The video I have should start at 2:45, but 2:57 is where the magic happens.

Sadly, Terry Kath would not live to see the 80s. He would die from an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He was drunk, playing around with an allegedly unloaded firearm, and pointed it at his head. His last words were "What do you think I'm gonna do? Blow my brains out?" There was a bullet in the chamber. He died instantly.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
25 or 6 to 4 (Live at Tanglewood) - Chicago

I decided on looking into live versions of this song on hearing the surprising claim that Hendrix claimed Terry Kath, one of the founders of the band and lead guitarist, was the best in the world (this is according to their founding saxophonist, Walter Parazaider). I wanted to see some of his playing proper, rather than just the studio recording. I may not be any good at guitar, but I know how to play just enough to know when someone else is good. I wouldn't say he's the best, but he's definitely underrated! He seriously looks like he's gonna snap the guitar in half, that's how hard he's playing. He also gives me hope for my technique, because he's largely downpicking rather than alternate picking or economy picking (you play the string in the direction of where you're headed on the guitar), which are the generally recommended techniques. The video I have should start at 2:45, but 2:57 is where the magic happens.

Sadly, Terry Kath would not live to see the 80s. He would die from an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He was drunk, playing around with an allegedly unloaded firearm, and pointed it at his head. His last words were "What do you think I'm gonna do? Blow my brains out?" There was a bullet in the chamber. He died instantly.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
How unfortunate. Gun etiquette 101: don't point a gun at anyone or anything unless you intend on shooting it. Sad

He played a beautiful Tele, too. Chicago are quite an underrated group. Speaking of, here's another great, the Telemaster himself Danny Gatton:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
How unfortunate. Gun etiquette 101: don't point a gun at anyone or anything unless you intend on shooting it. Sad

He played a beautiful Tele, too. Chicago are quite an underrated group. Speaking of, here's another great, the Telemaster himself Danny Gatton:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Crawling - Linkin Park
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Crawling - Linkin Park
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Through the Chaos (album) -- Hypernova

Spotify delisted this album recently, so I'm listening to it on the Youtubes. If you've never heard of them, I don't blame you. They are a very standard, no-frills sounding rock band (probably pop punk, if I had to pick a genre). What makes them interesting is their country of origin: Iran. See, before the band's inception, Rock music was actually illegal, so once it was legalized, there was a sudden swell of rock bands in the area, and these guys happened to impress the right people to get a record deal in NYC. As far as I know, they would only release the one album...in 2010. If that year isn't ringing alarm bells, the Arab Spring would happen within a year of its release. With that lens on the album, you can DEFINITELY hear the tensions that were building up to that in the album, especially in songs like "Viva La Resistance", " "Fairy Tales", and "Empty Times". The album is really good on its own, though.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Through the Chaos (album) -- Hypernova

Spotify delisted this album recently, so I'm listening to it on the Youtubes. If you've never heard of them, I don't blame you. They are a very standard, no-frills sounding rock band (probably pop punk, if I had to pick a genre). What makes them interesting is their country of origin: Iran. See, before the band's inception, Rock music was actually illegal, so once it was legalized, there was a sudden swell of rock bands in the area, and these guys happened to impress the right people to get a record deal in NYC. As far as I know, they would only release the one album...in 2010. If that year isn't ringing alarm bells, the Arab Spring would happen within a year of its release. With that lens on the album, you can DEFINITELY hear the tensions that were building up to that in the album, especially in songs like "Viva La Resistance", " "Fairy Tales", and "Empty Times". The album is really good on its own, though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: System of a Down comes to mind reading what you said about that bands album, since a lot of their stuff was about tensions related to their home country and music from bands out of that area wasn't commonly heard in such a widespread manner.

I forgot how amazing this games soundtrack can be until @ShiraNoMai played it last night and the 10pm and 11pm songs were playing. Felt like playing the midnight tune though while I showered since I don't often get to hear any of the tracks from midnight to 7am because I sleep. ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: System of a Down comes to mind reading what you said about that bands album, since a lot of their stuff was about tensions related to their home country and music from bands out of that area wasn't commonly heard in such a widespread manner.

I forgot how amazing this games soundtrack can be until @ShiraNoMai played it last night and the 10pm and 11pm songs were playing. Felt like playing the midnight tune though while I showered since I don't often get to hear any of the tracks from midnight to 7am because I sleep. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Fall Out Boy's discography from 2007-2015. Needed something to get me through my shift today to sing-along to.

Also 3AM best track on Animal Crossing: New Horizon's OST <_<
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Fall Out Boy's discography from 2007-2015. Needed something to get me through my shift today to sing-along to.

Also 3AM best track on Animal Crossing: New Horizon's OST <_<
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Came across this in a comment thread about Linkin Park ensuring fan safety at one of their events in the wake of that recent concert that got 8+ people killed. This doesn't relate to that event; people just naturally started talking about Chester and Chris Cornell came up because of the hand-in-hand nature of their deaths.

Somber reasoning for the song performance aside, I adore when bands sing their songs differently to the norm. Foo Fighters have an amazing rendition of "Best of You" that they did live but finding it is hard because they performed it at a concert hosted by the BBC, who will swiftly hunt down anything that breaks copyright related to them. Probably more so than Nintendo does.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Came across this in a comment thread about Linkin Park ensuring fan safety at one of their events in the wake of that recent concert that got 8+ people killed. This doesn't relate to that event; people just naturally started talking about Chester and Chris Cornell came up because of the hand-in-hand nature of their deaths.

Somber reasoning for the song performance aside, I adore when bands sing their songs differently to the norm. Foo Fighters have an amazing rendition of "Best of You" that they did live but finding it is hard because they performed it at a concert hosted by the BBC, who will swiftly hunt down anything that breaks copyright related to them. Probably more so than Nintendo does.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Hate Me -- Blue October

You can thank Karo for introducing this one to me. There is a lot of emotion in this song, and I will also say this song cut WAY too deep for me, and leave it at that.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Hate Me -- Blue October

You can thank Karo for introducing this one to me. There is a lot of emotion in this song, and I will also say this song cut WAY too deep for me, and leave it at that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2021, 04:22 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Hate Me -- Blue October

Just reading the lyrics made me not want to listen to the song. I can't ever really listen to music where the lyrics can cut deep on a personal level because it'll just wreck my mental state and make me start dwelling on things I expect wouldn't be healthy for me to focus on so much for a period of time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2021, 04:22 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Hate Me -- Blue October

Just reading the lyrics made me not want to listen to the song. I can't ever really listen to music where the lyrics can cut deep on a personal level because it'll just wreck my mental state and make me start dwelling on things I expect wouldn't be healthy for me to focus on so much for a period of time.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Shooting Stars -- Bag Raiders

Even if you think you don't know this song, you do. As soon as you hear the main riff, you'll be like "OH, that song in that one really annoying meme!" Which is a shame, because it's a nice song!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

Even if you think you don't know this song, you do. As soon as you hear the main riff, you'll be like "OH, that song in that one really annoying meme!" Which is a shame, because it's a nice song!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 13th, 2021, 01:28 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I felt like I knew what the song was going to be before the riff started just based on the lead in to it. I will say that for however annoying the meme may be to people, it did propel the group to renewed popularity which I would say doesn't make the meme it got attached to a shame. Better that than the song likely never being heard by such a wide audience as it has been.
I appreciate you sharing the song though, since I had no idea what the song in the meme was before now and it is actually a really good song. I might actually check out their other work now. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 13th, 2021, 01:28 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I felt like I knew what the song was going to be before the riff started just based on the lead in to it. I will say that for however annoying the meme may be to people, it did propel the group to renewed popularity which I would say doesn't make the meme it got attached to a shame. Better that than the song likely never being heard by such a wide audience as it has been.
I appreciate you sharing the song though, since I had no idea what the song in the meme was before now and it is actually a really good song. I might actually check out their other work now. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
God, I literally haven't heard from Blue October since their hit "Hate Me" came out so long ago. It was a pretty decent song, though it was getting overplayed a lot and did get grating to me. I'd probably enjoy it again if I heard it now. I wonder if they still make new music...

I had forgotten the Naruto OST was put on Spotify recently, so I began jamming to that while working this week. I didn't realize they made whole OSTs per few seasons for that show. Kinda nuts!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
God, I literally haven't heard from Blue October since their hit "Hate Me" came out so long ago. It was a pretty decent song, though it was getting overplayed a lot and did get grating to me. I'd probably enjoy it again if I heard it now. I wonder if they still make new music...

I had forgotten the Naruto OST was put on Spotify recently, so I began jamming to that while working this week. I didn't realize they made whole OSTs per few seasons for that show. Kinda nuts!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I've ever heard anything from Blue October before it was mentioned in this thread. Unless it's one of those groups I've heard but just didn't realize it was them due to it being on the radio, like the Shooting Stars song that @Maniakkid25 posted earlier.

Thirteenth Step (album) - A Perfect Circle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I've ever heard anything from Blue October before it was mentioned in this thread. Unless it's one of those groups I've heard but just didn't realize it was them due to it being on the radio, like the Shooting Stars song that @Maniakkid25 posted earlier.

Thirteenth Step (album) - A Perfect Circle
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Man, seeing mention of Blue October, and especially 'Hate Me' brings me back to my 16 year old self. Crazy to think that song and album are going to be 20 years old pretty soon (released in 2006).

That was definitely one of my top listened to songs when I was suffering from depression in my late teen years. Haven't listened to it in a good long while though.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Man, seeing mention of Blue October, and especially 'Hate Me' brings me back to my 16 year old self. Crazy to think that song and album are going to be 20 years old pretty soon (released in 2006).

That was definitely one of my top listened to songs when I was suffering from depression in my late teen years. Haven't listened to it in a good long while though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 487 153,842 Mar 18th, 2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 18 6,624 Jul 20th, 2023, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,843 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface