Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Lost - Linkin Park

Decided to check this out finally because I kept forgetting to, and figured I'd just listen to it with the music video to kill two birds with one stone. For the song, I really like it, and I'm surprised it was ever cut because I don't see what's wrong with it. As for the video, I dig the style although it is a little weird how the band are animated, particularly in the faces. I appreciate that it feels fitting to their older music videos of that era though and it's also a good way to include all the band members since a live action video wouldn't work due to the absence of Chester.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Lost - Linkin Park

Decided to check this out finally because I kept forgetting to, and figured I'd just listen to it with the music video to kill two birds with one stone. For the song, I really like it, and I'm surprised it was ever cut because I don't see what's wrong with it. As for the video, I dig the style although it is a little weird how the band are animated, particularly in the faces. I appreciate that it feels fitting to their older music videos of that era though and it's also a good way to include all the band members since a live action video wouldn't work due to the absence of Chester.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Platerspiele - Rota Temporis

So that band I mentioned in UCT just now and wanted to find is an Italian group called Rota Temporis, and this song was one they were playing a whole lot of during the festival today and was stuck in my head. Didn't know what song it was until I started going through their songs, and their stuff is on Spotify and all other music services which makes me very happy.

Now I just need to see them blow up beyond the 1000 monthly listeners they get. Glare

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Platerspiele - Rota Temporis

So that band I mentioned in UCT just now and wanted to find is an Italian group called Rota Temporis, and this song was one they were playing a whole lot of during the festival today and was stuck in my head. Didn't know what song it was until I started going through their songs, and their stuff is on Spotify and all other music services which makes me very happy.

Now I just need to see them blow up beyond the 1000 monthly listeners they get. Glare
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
This Glittering Band - Halo 2 Anniversary

OH MY GOD, IT IS ON SPOTIFY!

Okay, story time. So, Leonidas is a section off the Delta Halo Suite from Halo 2. It is the best song in that game -- FIGHT ME! -- and it is not currently available on spotify by itself, only as part of the Suite or in a rearrangement as part of Three Gates in the Halo 3 Soundtrack.

AND THEN I FOUND THE WIKI!

So, for some bleeding reason, they renamed it to "This Glittering Band", but it's the same song, just rearranged slightly for the soundtrack. The Spotify metadata says the song is by the arrangers, rather than the original composers for some stupid reason. Don't care; didn't ask. I'm just happy the song is available by itself, because it's so good!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
This Glittering Band - Halo 2 Anniversary

OH MY GOD, IT IS ON SPOTIFY!

Okay, story time. So, Leonidas is a section off the Delta Halo Suite from Halo 2. It is the best song in that game -- FIGHT ME! -- and it is not currently available on spotify by itself, only as part of the Suite or in a rearrangement as part of Three Gates in the Halo 3 Soundtrack.

AND THEN I FOUND THE WIKI!

So, for some bleeding reason, they renamed it to "This Glittering Band", but it's the same song, just rearranged slightly for the soundtrack. The Spotify metadata says the song is by the arrangers, rather than the original composers for some stupid reason. Don't care; didn't ask. I'm just happy the song is available by itself, because it's so good!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yo I love when that happens! Though, as much as I love more access to tunes on Spotify, part of me feels the dread of monopoly in subscription-based stream platforms becoming more notable. Monkas
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yo I love when that happens! Though, as much as I love more access to tunes on Spotify, part of me feels the dread of monopoly in subscription-based stream platforms becoming more notable. Monkas
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Spotify to resolve the issue with the original Spyro soundtrack by Stewart Copeland that went up a few months ago and then immediately got restricted due to some mistaken copyright bullshit. Nooo

Anyway, here's the last song that played for me on my drive home today:

And The Hero Will Drown - Story of the Year

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Spotify to resolve the issue with the original Spyro soundtrack by Stewart Copeland that went up a few months ago and then immediately got restricted due to some mistaken copyright bullshit. Nooo

Anyway, here's the last song that played for me on my drive home today:

And The Hero Will Drown - Story of the Year
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,095
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Octopath Traveler 2 - Title Theme (Night version)
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,095 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Octopath Traveler 2 - Title Theme (Night version)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry - Nothing But Thieves

I always like songs where even if the subject matter isn't blatantly heavy or hits me personally, I still find the song makes me feel....things. I don't wanna say it makes me feel emotional because that feels too strong of a word but I dunno what a lesser adjective would be. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry - Nothing But Thieves

I always like songs where even if the subject matter isn't blatantly heavy or hits me personally, I still find the song makes me feel....things. I don't wanna say it makes me feel emotional because that feels too strong of a word but I dunno what a lesser adjective would be. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Just saying makes you feel is enough. I think that's one of the best things a song can do for you. Especially when life or whatever makes you especially unfeeling or bland.
That is a good song for that, though.

I'll never forget the feeling I had listening to "Let Me Out" by Jonghyun when he first released it. Not knowing Korean at all, there was something about the way he was singing it that made me think, "this seems... thick with feeling." Of course, those lyrics wound up being a huge cry for help, but it's definitely one of those things where you just feel it by how it's told, not necessarily with the words themselves.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Just saying makes you feel is enough. I think that's one of the best things a song can do for you. Especially when life or whatever makes you especially unfeeling or bland.
That is a good song for that, though.

I'll never forget the feeling I had listening to "Let Me Out" by Jonghyun when he first released it. Not knowing Korean at all, there was something about the way he was singing it that made me think, "this seems... thick with feeling." Of course, those lyrics wound up being a huge cry for help, but it's definitely one of those things where you just feel it by how it's told, not necessarily with the words themselves.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Taste the Blood [AKA Battle-1 (Battle Music 1)]- Tetsuya Shibata and Shootie HG

This is the first of two fight songs in Devil May Cry 3, and goddamn, does it just sound so badass. Shootie HG's vocals and lyrics really add so much to the song; he was an amazing choice. "The flinch in your eye calls your bluff" is just a perfect way to open a song in a game where it's up to your skill to absolutely ace the coming monsters. And that's not even the end of the suitably badass lines, either! It's such an awesome song.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Taste the Blood [AKA Battle-1 (Battle Music 1)]- Tetsuya Shibata and Shootie HG

This is the first of two fight songs in Devil May Cry 3, and goddamn, does it just sound so badass. Shootie HG's vocals and lyrics really add so much to the song; he was an amazing choice. "The flinch in your eye calls your bluff" is just a perfect way to open a song in a game where it's up to your skill to absolutely ace the coming monsters. And that's not even the end of the suitably badass lines, either! It's such an awesome song.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

AWWW YEAAAAAH. 

everyone version of mass destruction is great but this is the best one
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

AWWW YEAAAAAH. 

everyone version of mass destruction is great but this is the best one
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never heard of that song before @Monocle but the little snippet of it I checked out just now sounded fire! Grin

Hooker With A Penis - Tool

I still have no idea why they called this song this. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never heard of that song before @Monocle but the little snippet of it I checked out just now sounded fire! Grin

Hooker With A Penis - Tool

I still have no idea why they called this song this. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder if it's meant to be a way to say "go fuck yourself" because the song's basically "yeah, so what if I sold out? you buy our shit anyway so fuck off" ROFL

So Much (For) Stardust - Fall Out Boy (album)

Newest album and its actually a banger. Fav songs are "Hold Me Like A Grudge" and "What A Time To Be Alive". Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder if it's meant to be a way to say "go fuck yourself" because the song's basically "yeah, so what if I sold out? you buy our shit anyway so fuck off" ROFL

So Much (For) Stardust - Fall Out Boy (album)

Newest album and its actually a banger. Fav songs are "Hold Me Like A Grudge" and "What A Time To Be Alive". Grin
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,095
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Casey Edwards (ft Victor Borba) - Bury The Light (DMC5SE Virgil Theme)

*looks at the many other albums I have but not played yet* I should get to listening them too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,095 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Casey Edwards (ft Victor Borba) - Bury The Light (DMC5SE Virgil Theme)

*looks at the many other albums I have but not played yet* I should get to listening them too.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 28th, 2023, 05:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Either that or it could be that whether the hooker has a penis or not you'll still pay for it so don't complain you bought it knowing that was what you were getting?

Less Than Zero - The Weeknd

Never really cared for this group but this song was stuck in my head because I'm getting into WrestleMania mode so I decided to just play the whole song to see how it is, since on the match cards it'll be edited down. Not a bad listen really, and I think I might have got them mixed up with someone else since while writing this I discovered it isn't a group and is just one guy. Sweat

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 28th, 2023, 05:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Either that or it could be that whether the hooker has a penis or not you'll still pay for it so don't complain you bought it knowing that was what you were getting?

Less Than Zero - The Weeknd

Never really cared for this group but this song was stuck in my head because I'm getting into WrestleMania mode so I decided to just play the whole song to see how it is, since on the match cards it'll be edited down. Not a bad listen really, and I think I might have got them mixed up with someone else since while writing this I discovered it isn't a group and is just one guy. Sweat
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Slip Away -- Dry Cell

Goddamn, I remember first hearing this song on Freekstyle on the PS2 nearly 20 years ago. Came to find it's basically impossible to find legitimately because the album it was on never had a full release. It's not even on Spotify, even in the crappy advance version that was released on iTunes, which has the ending where they fade the proper ending back into the verse riff. Thank you, bootleggers, for posting this song on Youtube for me to listen to.

...Need to buy that game again. It's only, like, 20 bucks on eBay with the book in it...
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Slip Away -- Dry Cell

Goddamn, I remember first hearing this song on Freekstyle on the PS2 nearly 20 years ago. Came to find it's basically impossible to find legitimately because the album it was on never had a full release. It's not even on Spotify, even in the crappy advance version that was released on iTunes, which has the ending where they fade the proper ending back into the verse riff. Thank you, bootleggers, for posting this song on Youtube for me to listen to.

...Need to buy that game again. It's only, like, 20 bucks on eBay with the book in it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 496 156,527 Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,763 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,891 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface