Death end re;Quest
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Developer: Compile Heart
Publisher: Idea Factory, International
Platform: PlayStation 4
Release Date: TBA (2019)
Genre: RPG

[align=left]Death end re;Quest takes the classic turn-based RPG and turns it on its head. Players are able to change the game's genre and switch game modes from RPG into fighting, shooter, and even a slot mode! You'll also be able to jump at will between the in-game world and the real world to investigate your missing friend, unlocking one of multiple endings. Choose wisely as lines between fantasy and reality will begin to blur... 

KEY FEATURES

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction? – Jump between reality and in-game modes, as players will need to investigate in real world view to solve the mysterious inner-workings of the World Odyssey, and switch to an in-game view mode to battle against glitched-out monsters. Choose options wisely, as your decision can change the game’s ending!

Turn-Based RPGs Flipped Upside Down – In this turn-based command battle system, you can roam freely and duke it out with fearsome monsters. During battle, players can change the game’s genre from a first-person shooter to even a fighting game!

You’re Buggin’ Out – While exploring, players can activate special skills that would normally be seen as game bugs like super jumps, flying, and even clipping through walls, plus activate character-specific dungeon skills to explore even more!

Follow the White Rabbit and Discover a Bug Infested World – In this hyper-realistic MMO, players must help out Shina escape a game universe filled with infected bosses and mesmerizing environments!

So, SO happy to finally get this announcement! I've been waiting for them to announce this for what feels like forever. There's so many awesome aspects to this game that make me believe this could be the best Compile Heart game yet. It'll be tough to beat out how good MegaNep was, but I think this game has a chance, and I cannot wait to get to play it. 

One of my favorite aspects of this game that was reported on from when the game was first coming out in Japan is that there are parts in the game that you can game over at that you wouldn't expect. The video in the article that demonstrated this showed one part where if the player tries to leave the area to go save instead of going and fighting the boss, they'll be met with a game over. It's such an awesome concept and I hope they utilize it to great effect in the game. It has so much potential to be such a great and punishing mechanic. I'm sure IFI will update the official site with all of the juicy info on all of the game's mechanics in the next several months, so be sure to keep an eye on that if you want to find out more about the game!

Now just to wait to see what kind of Limited Edition IFI will make for the game. :3
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Developer: Compile Heart
Publisher: Idea Factory, International
Platform: PlayStation 4
Release Date: TBA (2019)
Genre: RPG

[align=left]Death end re;Quest takes the classic turn-based RPG and turns it on its head. Players are able to change the game's genre and switch game modes from RPG into fighting, shooter, and even a slot mode! You'll also be able to jump at will between the in-game world and the real world to investigate your missing friend, unlocking one of multiple endings. Choose wisely as lines between fantasy and reality will begin to blur... 

KEY FEATURES

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction? – Jump between reality and in-game modes, as players will need to investigate in real world view to solve the mysterious inner-workings of the World Odyssey, and switch to an in-game view mode to battle against glitched-out monsters. Choose options wisely, as your decision can change the game’s ending!

Turn-Based RPGs Flipped Upside Down – In this turn-based command battle system, you can roam freely and duke it out with fearsome monsters. During battle, players can change the game’s genre from a first-person shooter to even a fighting game!

You’re Buggin’ Out – While exploring, players can activate special skills that would normally be seen as game bugs like super jumps, flying, and even clipping through walls, plus activate character-specific dungeon skills to explore even more!

Follow the White Rabbit and Discover a Bug Infested World – In this hyper-realistic MMO, players must help out Shina escape a game universe filled with infected bosses and mesmerizing environments!

So, SO happy to finally get this announcement! I've been waiting for them to announce this for what feels like forever. There's so many awesome aspects to this game that make me believe this could be the best Compile Heart game yet. It'll be tough to beat out how good MegaNep was, but I think this game has a chance, and I cannot wait to get to play it. 

One of my favorite aspects of this game that was reported on from when the game was first coming out in Japan is that there are parts in the game that you can game over at that you wouldn't expect. The video in the article that demonstrated this showed one part where if the player tries to leave the area to go save instead of going and fighting the boss, they'll be met with a game over. It's such an awesome concept and I hope they utilize it to great effect in the game. It has so much potential to be such a great and punishing mechanic. I'm sure IFI will update the official site with all of the juicy info on all of the game's mechanics in the next several months, so be sure to keep an eye on that if you want to find out more about the game!

Now just to wait to see what kind of Limited Edition IFI will make for the game. :3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Stranding queenzelda 8 5,033 Sep 28th, 2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Monocle 41 29,122 Nov 7th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Last Post: queenzelda