Splatoon (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think it needs to spray ink. It could be that it can be launched to higher places or get into small gaps. Making it spray ink wouldn't make it very different to the Inkling, and then I'd question why not just make it co-op with two Inklings instead if there isn't many differences?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think it needs to spray ink. It could be that it can be launched to higher places or get into small gaps. Making it spray ink wouldn't make it very different to the Inkling, and then I'd question why not just make it co-op with two Inklings instead if there isn't many differences?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Thats true or maybe it ahs some mechanic where you switch places in story mode or it can be done co-operatively like getting into higher spots or tight places maybe? But a fully co-op inkling/octoling mode sounds like a lot of fun!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Thats true or maybe it ahs some mechanic where you switch places in story mode or it can be done co-operatively like getting into higher spots or tight places maybe? But a fully co-op inkling/octoling mode sounds like a lot of fun!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 - Return of the Mammalians Trailer
A new trailer for Splatoon 3 was shown during todays Nintendo Direct, showing off some new weapons for the game and a look at the games single player story mode, where some very familiar faces will be lending a hand in Return of the Mammalians, where the Inklings’ world is about to get a lot hairier…

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 - Return of the Mammalians Trailer
A new trailer for Splatoon 3 was shown during todays Nintendo Direct, showing off some new weapons for the game and a look at the games single player story mode, where some very familiar faces will be lending a hand in Return of the Mammalians, where the Inklings’ world is about to get a lot hairier…

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I really want to get into this game when it launches and not wait months later for it to die out to hardcore fans. It's really fun to play and I think it'd be a fun experience if we could all play as well ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I really want to get into this game when it launches and not wait months later for it to die out to hardcore fans. It's really fun to play and I think it'd be a fun experience if we could all play as well ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave Revealed
The next wave of Salmon Run’s co-op action returns in Splatoon 3! But with this mysterious new giant Salmonid in the picture it might be a tougher challenge than swimming upstream!

If this could work in split screen I'd be all over this mode! I love co-op wave based survival, but I'm not sure how long my patience would last playing this with random teammates when I'm sure I'll end up being paired up with some little kid who can't tell left from right. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave Revealed
The next wave of Salmon Run’s co-op action returns in Splatoon 3! But with this mysterious new giant Salmonid in the picture it might be a tougher challenge than swimming upstream!

If this could work in split screen I'd be all over this mode! I love co-op wave based survival, but I'm not sure how long my patience would last playing this with random teammates when I'm sure I'll end up being paired up with some little kid who can't tell left from right. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I've read one rumor about split screen finally being enabled for this game but it might be some copium shit from fans. No sources cited. Eh

Still, can only hope! It is confirmed you can play locally via other Switches but not split screen yet. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I've read one rumor about split screen finally being enabled for this game but it might be some copium shit from fans. No sources cited. Eh

Still, can only hope! It is confirmed you can play locally via other Switches but not split screen yet. Hmm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'd be willing to play Salmon run with the two of you if you'd like! The only thing is we'd need 1 more to escape the dreaded random! Gasp

I also must let you know I am not very good!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'd be willing to play Salmon run with the two of you if you'd like! The only thing is we'd need 1 more to escape the dreaded random! Gasp

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm pretty lousy at shooters so don't you worry, I'll be eating shit alongside you while Moony carries ROFL

Definitely sounds like a fun romp though. I feel like every time I get an entry in Splatoon, it just collects dust cuz I get into it way too late.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm pretty lousy at shooters so don't you worry, I'll be eating shit alongside you while Moony carries ROFL

Definitely sounds like a fun romp though. I feel like every time I get an entry in Splatoon, it just collects dust cuz I get into it way too late.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 11th, 2022, 01:40 AM)Karo Wrote:

Aww, it's not like Uncharted where you can do private co-op games with just two people instead of the full number?

And yeah I'd like to play this entry. I have 2 but I've never even booted it up and I expect it's too late to get into that game now. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 11th, 2022, 01:40 AM)Karo Wrote:

Aww, it's not like Uncharted where you can do private co-op games with just two people instead of the full number?

And yeah I'd like to play this entry. I have 2 but I've never even booted it up and I expect it's too late to get into that game now. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 Releases on September 9
Nintendo has blasted us out of nowhere not with ink, but with a release date for Splatoon 3! The game will release on September 9.

Additionally, the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 has been added to the Switch Online Expansion Pack.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 Releases on September 9
Nintendo has blasted us out of nowhere not with ink, but with a release date for Splatoon 3! The game will release on September 9.

Additionally, the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 has been added to the Switch Online Expansion Pack.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
People were so pissed when Xenoblade Chronicles 3 got a date as soon as it did, while Splatoon 3, announced way earlier, was given a window of "Summer 2022". Now, while technically still the summer, fans are even more outraged it got pushed back further. 

I'm unsure why, though; what's wrong with the current iteration (Splatoon 2)? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
People were so pissed when Xenoblade Chronicles 3 got a date as soon as it did, while Splatoon 3, announced way earlier, was given a window of "Summer 2022". Now, while technically still the summer, fans are even more outraged it got pushed back further. 

I'm unsure why, though; what's wrong with the current iteration (Splatoon 2)? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2022, 02:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I might be wrong but doesn't Splatoon have Splatfests that only run up until a certain point in the games lifecycle, and after that just stop happening? It could also be that people are excited to get new things to earn since I suspect many players have got everything there is to get in S2, and if the Splatfests did stop then that means there's nothing new or different happening so the game starts feeling stale or at a dead end.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2022, 02:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I might be wrong but doesn't Splatoon have Splatfests that only run up until a certain point in the games lifecycle, and after that just stop happening? It could also be that people are excited to get new things to earn since I suspect many players have got everything there is to get in S2, and if the Splatfests did stop then that means there's nothing new or different happening so the game starts feeling stale or at a dead end.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's true. I tend to forget most of Splatoon's experience is multiplayer/live service.

Maybe this'll be the time I really get into Splatoon while it's hot.

[Image: copium-twich-emote.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's true. I tend to forget most of Splatoon's experience is multiplayer/live service.

Maybe this'll be the time I really get into Splatoon while it's hot.

[Image: copium-twich-emote.png]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I hate missing the boat on these games too. I feel like by the time I've picked up a copy of Splatoon the bulk of the online stuff has passed and it's too late to join and get the full experience. I don't know if the games have them but it'd be nice if they had bots so you can still play matches even if the servers are empty or whatever. I know there's the single player stuff but that isn't the same content as the multiplayer.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I hate missing the boat on these games too. I feel like by the time I've picked up a copy of Splatoon the bulk of the online stuff has passed and it's too late to join and get the full experience. I don't know if the games have them but it'd be nice if they had bots so you can still play matches even if the servers are empty or whatever. I know there's the single player stuff but that isn't the same content as the multiplayer.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Might actually be picking this up. Anyone else down to get it and play together?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Might actually be picking this up. Anyone else down to get it and play together?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,901 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,967 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,268 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,830 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface