Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
nightingale Wrote:
Since we are on the topic of Nickelodeon shows... do any of you remember "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"? I thought it was amazing and I'm very sad to know that it isn't on Netflix at all (at least, it wasn't last time I checked).

Clarissa Explains It All, anyone? That show, Kenan & Kel and Pete and Pete made me a Nickelodeon junkie back in the day.

I actually couldn't get into Ned's Declassified.  But my mom wouldn't let me watch Clarissa Explains it all, because she thought it was too mature for me at the time..and then I just never got to watch it when I was older. lol

Kenan & Kel, All that and the amanda show were my jams! 

The Amanda show was definitely my favorite out of all of them (Even Rugrats, now that I think about it.. because I don't really care about Rugrats now, but I still to this day, go on youtube to look up Amanda show clips.)

I'd love to see an Amanda show reboot, that'd be cool if Amanda wasn't.. well the Amanda she is now. I think I have a bigger connection to the show, just because the dude who made the music for the Spyro games, made the theme song for the Amanda show.. since I also played lot's of Spyro at the time too.

percussive maintenance Wrote:
Gilligan's Island, I dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch, Bewitched. and the Wounder years were was was on when I was a kid, at lease until maybe midnightish. 

Nick at Night also technically had/has its own channel called TVLand.
I used to watch Nick at Nite too. I think Facts of life was my favorite, as well as Tootie. 

TvLand actually had their own original series called Hot In Cleveland, which I enjoyed, it was very reminiscent of the Golden Girls. Which also, I watched Happily Divorced, which was made by Fran Drescher, who made the Nanny, which I also watched lot's of.

Around 2004, I got really into the lifetime channel, and started watching hours of reruns of the Golden Girls and the Nanny. As well as other shows like Still Standing, George Lopez (Nick at nite in particular), Reba. So like around then, I started gradually watching less and less of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney channel.. and started gearing towards sitcoms, and anime on Toonami. 

I did still watch Icarly,and a little bit of Victorious. But I also really liked Kung Fu Panda, that they had on tv.. I think everyone hates it though.. I don't remember. 

Funny enough though, in 2012. I got into Avatar: The Last Airbender. Which was long overdue, since I had tried it out when it started in 2003, but didn't like it at the time.. but I went on Amazon, did an amazon prime free monthly trial, and watched the entire series in I think 2-3 weeks. Now I love it, and it's one of my faves now, and there aren't many shows that I will willingly watch again (As I want to watch new shows), but Avatar is one of them (As well as the Golden Girls and the Nanny).
Thankfully, I had watched Avatar, because then they made Legend of Korra.. and by the time LOK came on, I was working retail, and one of my besties that I met through retail, also liked the series, so we'd talk about it.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
nightingale Wrote:
Since we are on the topic of Nickelodeon shows... do any of you remember "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"? I thought it was amazing and I'm very sad to know that it isn't on Netflix at all (at least, it wasn't last time I checked).

Clarissa Explains It All, anyone? That show, Kenan & Kel and Pete and Pete made me a Nickelodeon junkie back in the day.

I actually couldn't get into Ned's Declassified.  But my mom wouldn't let me watch Clarissa Explains it all, because she thought it was too mature for me at the time..and then I just never got to watch it when I was older. lol

The Amanda show was definitely my favorite out of all of them (Even Rugrats, now that I think about it.. because I don't really care about Rugrats now, but I still to this day, go on youtube to look up Amanda show clips.)

I'd love to see an Amanda show reboot, that'd be cool if Amanda wasn't.. well the Amanda she is now. I think I have a bigger connection to the show, just because the dude who made the music for the Spyro games, made the theme song for the Amanda show.. since I also played lot's of Spyro at the time too.

Gilligan's Island, I dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch, Bewitched. and the Wounder years were was was on when I was a kid, at lease until maybe midnightish. 

I used to watch Nick at Nite too. I think Facts of life was my favorite, as well as Tootie. 

TvLand actually had their own original series called Hot In Cleveland, which I enjoyed, it was very reminiscent of the Golden Girls. Which also, I watched Happily Divorced, which was made by Fran Drescher, who made the Nanny, which I also watched lot's of.

Around 2004, I got really into the lifetime channel, and started watching hours of reruns of the Golden Girls and the Nanny. As well as other shows like Still Standing, George Lopez (Nick at nite in particular), Reba. So like around then, I started gradually watching less and less of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney channel.. and started gearing towards sitcoms, and anime on Toonami. 

I did still watch Icarly,and a little bit of Victorious. But I also really liked Kung Fu Panda, that they had on tv.. I think everyone hates it though.. I don't remember. 

Funny enough though, in 2012. I got into Avatar: The Last Airbender. Which was long overdue, since I had tried it out when it started in 2003, but didn't like it at the time.. but I went on Amazon, did an amazon prime free monthly trial, and watched the entire series in I think 2-3 weeks. Now I love it, and it's one of my faves now, and there aren't many shows that I will willingly watch again (As I want to watch new shows), but Avatar is one of them (As well as the Golden Girls and the Nanny).
Thankfully, I had watched Avatar, because then they made Legend of Korra.. and by the time LOK came on, I was working retail, and one of my besties that I met through retail, also liked the series, so we'd talk about it.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 06:51 PM)Hotspot Wrote:
nightingale Wrote:

I was "forced" to watch Hot in Cleveland (my then gf wanted to watch it I spent the summer it had its first season recovering from a foot reconstruction so I had no choice) it had its moments (but as some one from Michigan, I am required by law to ask "Why would some one choose to live in Ohio?!" :p)

Thinking back I think most of the jokes were more of "LOL BETTY WHITE IS DOING DRUGS/BEING SHADY/SAYING SOMETHING YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT FORM YOUR GRANDMOTHER OF THAT AGE!"

Happily Divorce I saw also, I don't remember much of it but then again its also a block from the audio hell that is Fran's voice.

George Lopez was a decent show, but speaking of Hispanic shows and Nick, how 'about the Brothers Garcia?

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 06:51 PM)Hotspot Wrote:
nightingale Wrote:

I was "forced" to watch Hot in Cleveland (my then gf wanted to watch it I spent the summer it had its first season recovering from a foot reconstruction so I had no choice) it had its moments (but as some one from Michigan, I am required by law to ask "Why would some one choose to live in Ohio?!" :p)

Thinking back I think most of the jokes were more of "LOL BETTY WHITE IS DOING DRUGS/BEING SHADY/SAYING SOMETHING YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT FORM YOUR GRANDMOTHER OF THAT AGE!"

Happily Divorce I saw also, I don't remember much of it but then again its also a block from the audio hell that is Fran's voice.

George Lopez was a decent show, but speaking of Hispanic shows and Nick, how 'about the Brothers Garcia?
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Quote: But my mom wouldn't let me watch Clarissa Explains it all, because she thought it was too mature for me at the time..and then I just never got to watch it when I was older. lol

That's rather puzzling... what was so wrong about Clarissa Explains It All before your mom's eyes? It wasn't all jokes, sure, but I can't think of anything particularly heated about it.

Quote:I'd love to see an Amanda show reboot, that'd be cool if Amanda wasn't.. well the Amanda she is now

What's wrong with her too? I always thought she was one of the most level-headed actresses out there (then again, I haven't really kept with it).

Quote:I did still watch Icarly,and a little bit of Victorious. But I also really liked Kung Fu Panda, that they had on tv.. I think everyone hates it though.. I don't remember.

Hey, I love that Kung Fu Panda show. Way better than most of their CGI junk.

Victorious, I couldn't stand. But iCarly had its moments.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Quote: But my mom wouldn't let me watch Clarissa Explains it all, because she thought it was too mature for me at the time..and then I just never got to watch it when I was older. lol

That's rather puzzling... what was so wrong about Clarissa Explains It All before your mom's eyes? It wasn't all jokes, sure, but I can't think of anything particularly heated about it.

Quote:I'd love to see an Amanda show reboot, that'd be cool if Amanda wasn't.. well the Amanda she is now

What's wrong with her too? I always thought she was one of the most level-headed actresses out there (then again, I haven't really kept with it).

Quote:I did still watch Icarly,and a little bit of Victorious. But I also really liked Kung Fu Panda, that they had on tv.. I think everyone hates it though.. I don't remember.

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 07:10 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

First let set the mood with some appropriate music as you will be on a ride:

This article is form 2013 but here is the time line up to that point:
Sauce: http://ew.com/article/2013/05/28/amanda-...-timeline/

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 07:10 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

First let set the mood with some appropriate music as you will be on a ride:

This article is form 2013 but here is the time line up to that point:
Sauce: http://ew.com/article/2013/05/28/amanda-...-timeline/
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
And where is Amanda Bynes now in 2018? Only a bartender would know. :p
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Mega Man Bioshock 

I've heard of it like once before, but I've never seen it before.

nightingale Wrote:

No idea, I'd have to ask if she even remembers not allowing me to watch it. lol

Yami Wrote:

According to Wikipedia, she's supposed to go back into acting this year, but I haven't heard anything.

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2

I've heard of it like once before, but I've never seen it before.

nightingale Wrote:

No idea, I'd have to ask if she even remembers not allowing me to watch it. lol

Yami Wrote:

According to Wikipedia, she's supposed to go back into acting this year, but I haven't heard anything.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Hot damn!

PM, my dude, I salute you [Image: image.gif]

But Lindsey Lohan makes a really good point: Why in the world wasn't she arrested? If I did half of it, I'd be in Death Row already.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Hot damn!

PM, my dude, I salute you [Image: image.gif]

But Lindsey Lohan makes a really good point: Why in the world wasn't she arrested? If I did half of it, I'd be in Death Row already.
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Mega Man Bioshock 
Speaking of Lindsay Lohan, she seems to really feud with everyone, Hilary Duff, and Amanda Bynes, I'm sure I'm missing plenty of others. lol She does have a point about Amanda not getting arrested though.

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Speaking of Lindsay Lohan, she seems to really feud with everyone, Hilary Duff, and Amanda Bynes, I'm sure I'm missing plenty of others. lol She does have a point about Amanda not getting arrested though.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
What's up with teens working for Nick or Disney? They always get out of it in a really... questionable state-of-mind.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
What's up with teens working for Nick or Disney? They always get out of it in a really... questionable state-of-mind.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jul 21st, 2018, 11:30 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 21st, 2018, 10:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
NickMom, what?

NIckmom what?

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 12:12 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Nickmon, what?

I take it neither of you have heard of it either. Was a sister channel on Nick Jr. Found it on the wikipedia page of Nickelodeon, checking the others that came under the main network.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jul 21st, 2018, 11:30 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 21st, 2018, 10:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
NickMom, what?

NIckmom what?

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 12:12 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Nickmon, what?

I take it neither of you have heard of it either. Was a sister channel on Nick Jr. Found it on the wikipedia page of Nickelodeon, checking the others that came under the main network.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 09:12 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Because children should not work at all/be exposed to such fame?

Did we not all forget the rollercoaster of Judy Garland or Shirley Temple how 'bout Gary Coleman?

The only major star who seem to survive the mess of childhood fame is Neil Patrick Harris and even this his Parents fucked him over, but the guy just oozes talent so I guess that helped.

Justin Beaver also started to go down the path of childhood-fame-ruined-me-osis until some one was able to prevent it (so far)

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Did we not all forget the rollercoaster of Judy Garland or Shirley Temple how 'bout Gary Coleman?

The only major star who seem to survive the mess of childhood fame is Neil Patrick Harris and even this his Parents fucked him over, but the guy just oozes talent so I guess that helped.

Justin Beaver also started to go down the path of childhood-fame-ruined-me-osis until some one was able to prevent it (so far)
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:13 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

But if you are a teen, I'm expecting you to have at least some understanding of what your boundaries are and have a somewhat solid grasp of reallity... these kids are poorly-managed and guided thru-and-thru.

I'm surprised all of them hadn't gathered and sued Nick/Disney over the amount of FU gotten.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

But if you are a teen, I'm expecting you to have at least some understanding of what your boundaries are and have a somewhat solid grasp of reallity... these kids are poorly-managed and guided thru-and-thru.

I'm surprised all of them hadn't gathered and sued Nick/Disney over the amount of FU gotten.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:16 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

But if you are a teen, I'm expecting you to have at least some understanding of what your boundaries are and have a somewhat solid grasp of reallity...

...Dude you turned in to a grumpy old man already(and I should know)! Teens do dumb shit, its part of being a teen. Our generation was the last ones to have the benefit of not being connected to the internet 24/7 so our dumb shit isn't recorded for all the world to see and for us to conveniently "forget" Tongue

But really if they sue anyone it would most likely be their parents as the parents are the ones who signed the contracts that doomed them and it is the parents job to ensure the well beginning of their minor child. Whistle

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:16 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

But if you are a teen, I'm expecting you to have at least some understanding of what your boundaries are and have a somewhat solid grasp of reallity...

...Dude you turned in to a grumpy old man already(and I should know)! Teens do dumb shit, its part of being a teen. Our generation was the last ones to have the benefit of not being connected to the internet 24/7 so our dumb shit isn't recorded for all the world to see and for us to conveniently "forget" Tongue

But really if they sue anyone it would most likely be their parents as the parents are the ones who signed the contracts that doomed them and it is the parents job to ensure the well beginning of their minor child. Whistle
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
The first iPhone coming out was also around the time I perceive as the end of the classic Nickelodeon era.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
The first iPhone coming out was also around the time I perceive as the end of the classic Nickelodeon era.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:22 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:53 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
barely, the first iPhone came out between me graduating high school and starting college.

Oddly enough, that was also around the time I perceive as the end of the classic Nickelodeon era.

For me the end of "Classic Nick" was at at latest 2005 when they closed the Florida studio. That is around the time (to me) Nick dropped in Quality from shows like:
Salute Your Shorts
Doug
Hey Dude
Wild and Crazy Kids
Nick Arcade
Pete and Pete
As Told by Ginger
Double Dare
Guts (any Version)
Legends of the Hidden Temple (which according to stories was full of bullshit for the kids)
Caitlin's Way
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
etc etc etc

2005 is also when they surpast the WTFness of Invader Zim (which although weird and WTF for a children's show had some heart put in to it) with Mr. Meaty...WHo the hell approved that?!

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:22 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:53 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
barely, the first iPhone came out between me graduating high school and starting college.

Oddly enough, that was also around the time I perceive as the end of the classic Nickelodeon era.

For me the end of "Classic Nick" was at at latest 2005 when they closed the Florida studio. That is around the time (to me) Nick dropped in Quality from shows like:
Salute Your Shorts
Doug
Hey Dude
Wild and Crazy Kids
Nick Arcade
Pete and Pete
As Told by Ginger
Double Dare
Guts (any Version)
Legends of the Hidden Temple (which according to stories was full of bullshit for the kids)
Caitlin's Way
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
etc etc etc

2005 is also when they surpast the WTFness of Invader Zim (which although weird and WTF for a children's show had some heart put in to it) with Mr. Meaty...WHo the hell approved that?!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cartoon Shows on TV queenzelda 12 8,925 Jul 23rd, 2022, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Disney Shows Moonface 3 4,200 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Last Post: WR91