PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Oh crap I forgot one.

Double Dare. Yet another early Nick game show with many spin offs (and is being revived for a second time) Two teams would try to answer trivia challenges if they didn't know the answer they could "dare" the other team to answer it, if the other team didn't want to answer they could "Double dare" the original team, and force that team to either answer or take a physical challenge (often ended up with a huge mess of smile or other goop)

The winners at the end of the show then got to go though an obstacle course (again super messy) to win bonus prizes if they made it though all of it in time.

And damn now I need to find a beer I will drink Tongue

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Oh crap I forgot one.

Double Dare. Yet another early Nick game show with many spin offs (and is being revived for a second time) Two teams would try to answer trivia challenges if they didn't know the answer they could "dare" the other team to answer it, if the other team didn't want to answer they could "Double dare" the original team, and force that team to either answer or take a physical challenge (often ended up with a huge mess of smile or other goop)

The winners at the end of the show then got to go though an obstacle course (again super messy) to win bonus prizes if they made it though all of it in time.

And damn now I need to find a beer I will drink Tongue
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Ren and Stimpy forever.

Nick was bold and was amazing because of it.

Then they got Invader Zim and pretended to be shocked by its nature. Cut me a break.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Ren and Stimpy forever.

Then they got Invader Zim and pretended to be shocked by its nature. Cut me a break.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 24th, 2018, 02:24 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Ren and Stimpy forever.

Eh I preferred Rocco's modern life over Ren and Stimpy.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 24th, 2018, 02:24 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Ren and Stimpy forever.

Eh I preferred Rocco's modern life over Ren and Stimpy.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Ren & Stimpy had it's moments, but over time it got kind of dumb to me. Kind of like Simpsons did after the first season, that & repetetitve.

Whats funny to me is that some shows feel like they should be on other networks, like Cow & Chicken to me felt like it should have been on nick instead of on cartoon network. More so because of it's strange & odd deranged humor.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Ren & Stimpy had it's moments, but over time it got kind of dumb to me. Kind of like Simpsons did after the first season, that & repetetitve.

Whats funny to me is that some shows feel like they should be on other networks, like Cow & Chicken to me felt like it should have been on nick instead of on cartoon network. More so because of it's strange & odd deranged humor.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
This might be of interest to you guys it is about the old Nick Hotel

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
This might be of interest to you guys it is about the old Nick Hotel
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Here's a few by Brightsun Films:

[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Here's a few by Brightsun Films:

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Never been to universal studios but when I found out that the Nick studio in Orlando closed, it felt like part of me died then, so many good shows were made there.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Never been to universal studios but when I found out that the Nick studio in Orlando closed, it felt like part of me died then, so many good shows were made there.
topman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
I am right outside the Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold generation but I remember still enjoying the replays on Nick. Nowadays I don't even know whats going on since Spoongebob and others came around.
Control the things you can control.
Don't fret over the things you cannot.
topman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
I am right outside the Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold generation but I remember still enjoying the replays on Nick. Nowadays I don't even know whats going on since Spoongebob and others came around.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone hasn't heard about it yet, Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg has passed away after battling ALS.

Shame to hear about this, especially being that he was only 57. Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone hasn't heard about it yet, Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg has passed away after battling ALS.

Shame to hear about this, especially being that he was only 57. Sad
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh no! That is just so sad to hear about! Sad

He was a great mind and really helped make Spongebob something truly special!

[Image: 900.png]

I strangely don't think I ever posted in this topic before or maybe I have?  Hmm

So about a year ago now I actually manage to rewatch quite a few old nick shows on cable because my family was in the process of moving. As an adult I actually found myself enjoying Hey Arnold more than I remember seeing it as a kid. I still have to watch the movie! I find myself not liking Rockos Moderns Life or Ren and Stimpy as I didn't like them as a kid, but Hey Arnold and Rugrats are still definitely my two favorites. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh no! That is just so sad to hear about! Sad

He was a great mind and really helped make Spongebob something truly special!

[Image: 900.png]

I strangely don't think I ever posted in this topic before or maybe I have?  Hmm

So about a year ago now I actually manage to rewatch quite a few old nick shows on cable because my family was in the process of moving. As an adult I actually found myself enjoying Hey Arnold more than I remember seeing it as a kid. I still have to watch the movie! I find myself not liking Rockos Moderns Life or Ren and Stimpy as I didn't like them as a kid, but Hey Arnold and Rugrats are still definitely my two favorites. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 2nd, 2018, 12:01 AM)Yuri Wrote:
You haven't. Clicking the number of replies next a thread on the topic listing shows how many posts a user has made in a thread. Wink

Since no one else brought it up, there's a petition for Sweet Victory to be played at the Super Bowl with last I checked, over 650k signatures. I doubt the halftime show will be changed to have it put in there unless one of the already signed acts decides to do it, but maybe Nick will get an ad spot or something for it to be put in that way. Not really confident in it going either way right now though so I'm just on a wait and see approach as to what happens.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 2nd, 2018, 12:01 AM)Yuri Wrote:
You haven't. Clicking the number of replies next a thread on the topic listing shows how many posts a user has made in a thread. Wink

Since no one else brought it up, there's a petition for Sweet Victory to be played at the Super Bowl with last I checked, over 650k signatures. I doubt the halftime show will be changed to have it put in there unless one of the already signed acts decides to do it, but maybe Nick will get an ad spot or something for it to be put in that way. Not really confident in it going either way right now though so I'm just on a wait and see approach as to what happens.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Man Nickelodeon shows I remember those shows. Before I was a Digimon Otaku I was a big fan of the rugrats. Now that was the original OG nick show. It truly was a head of it's time! I have since moved onto more sophisticated and more intelligent shows. *Is shot*

*Walks in drinking a smoothie*
Whats going on here? Oh yeah as I was saying. Nickelodeon shows were pretty neat I miss those days.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Man Nickelodeon shows I remember those shows. Before I was a Digimon Otaku I was a big fan of the rugrats. Now that was the original OG nick show. It truly was a head of it's time! I have since moved onto more sophisticated and more intelligent shows. *Is shot*

*Walks in drinking a smoothie*
Whats going on here? Oh yeah as I was saying. Nickelodeon shows were pretty neat I miss those days.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
I only ever liked Doug. Anyone remember this guy? Smile
[Image: E12av.png]
Gamers welcome also, yeah.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
I only ever liked Doug. Anyone remember this guy? Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2018, 05:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:
If you didn't hear, Nickelodeon have announced that Rugrats will be revived with a 26 episode TV series and a live-action film featuring CGI characters. I'm not worried about the TV series as much as I am the movie, just because I get the feeling CGI characters means we'll get some weird versions of the Rugrats that look like this:

[Image: l5TygRp.jpg]

I'd rather the movie be like Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie so that it keeps with the art style everyone expects from the old show, and expects to keep in line with the animation style of the new show, assuming and hoping it's going to be similar to the original.

Still, it could be worse, they could have decided to try and revive All Grown Up which was a terrible show and should've stayed as that one Rugrats episode.
Funny to read the first post of this thread again and see it mentions what I'm about to share. XD
So yeah, Nickelodeon have released the first trailer for a CGI Rugrats series, and personally I think it isn't that bad:

I'm very happy they kept the original VA's more than anything, and it sounds like the music won't be changing much from the style of the originals either. If it has everything that was great about the original show with just a different art style, I can get behind it. I wonder how they'll introduce Dill and Kimi though, since apparently they're not going to be present at the beginning and I heard that Dill will come in on Season 2.

In other Nickelodeon news, they have also announced the creation of Avatar Studios, which will have original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko leading the studio as co-chief creative officers. The article mentions all the types of projects the studio will be tackling, but a more specific project that has been confirmed is an animated theatrical film set within the ATLA timeline.

I love the Avatar series so to see more of it being made and done correctly (unlike that Netflix movie being made) is exciting news for me! Grin
Hopefully Nickelodeon creating this specific studio means they won't intervene like they did for a lot of Korra's production.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2018, 05:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:
If you didn't hear, Nickelodeon have announced that Rugrats will be revived with a 26 episode TV series and a live-action film featuring CGI characters. I'm not worried about the TV series as much as I am the movie, just because I get the feeling CGI characters means we'll get some weird versions of the Rugrats that look like this:

[Image: l5TygRp.jpg]

I'd rather the movie be like Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie so that it keeps with the art style everyone expects from the old show, and expects to keep in line with the animation style of the new show, assuming and hoping it's going to be similar to the original.

Still, it could be worse, they could have decided to try and revive All Grown Up which was a terrible show and should've stayed as that one Rugrats episode.
Funny to read the first post of this thread again and see it mentions what I'm about to share. XD
So yeah, Nickelodeon have released the first trailer for a CGI Rugrats series, and personally I think it isn't that bad:

I'm very happy they kept the original VA's more than anything, and it sounds like the music won't be changing much from the style of the originals either. If it has everything that was great about the original show with just a different art style, I can get behind it. I wonder how they'll introduce Dill and Kimi though, since apparently they're not going to be present at the beginning and I heard that Dill will come in on Season 2.

In other Nickelodeon news, they have also announced the creation of Avatar Studios, which will have original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko leading the studio as co-chief creative officers. The article mentions all the types of projects the studio will be tackling, but a more specific project that has been confirmed is an animated theatrical film set within the ATLA timeline.

I love the Avatar series so to see more of it being made and done correctly (unlike that Netflix movie being made) is exciting news for me! Grin
Hopefully Nickelodeon creating this specific studio means they won't intervene like they did for a lot of Korra's production.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm...wary of the Avatat Studios thing. This reads "343 Industries" in neon lights from 12 miles out. See, after Bungie split off from Microsoft, 343 got formed to head up development sfter Halo Reach, with Bungie officially and publicly passing the torch to 343 to great fan approval. And then Halo 4 came out, and it was amazing! Then Spartan Ops happened, and the fans felt spit on. Then Halo 5 happened, and they felt even worse. Now, NO ONE who is in on the fandom is excited about Halo Infinite: they are fully expecting 343 to f*** it up colossally. That's what vibes I'm getting from the formation of Avatar Studios, original creators or not. I will be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm...wary of the Avatat Studios thing. This reads "343 Industries" in neon lights from 12 miles out. See, after Bungie split off from Microsoft, 343 got formed to head up development sfter Halo Reach, with Bungie officially and publicly passing the torch to 343 to great fan approval. And then Halo 4 came out, and it was amazing! Then Spartan Ops happened, and the fans felt spit on. Then Halo 5 happened, and they felt even worse. Now, NO ONE who is in on the fandom is excited about Halo Infinite: they are fully expecting 343 to f*** it up colossally. That's what vibes I'm getting from the formation of Avatar Studios, original creators or not. I will be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cartoon Shows on TV queenzelda 12 8,939 Jul 23rd, 2022, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Disney Shows Moonface 3 4,203 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Last Post: WR91