Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Octopath Traveler | SSBU | MK8 Deluxe
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 424
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Most of those I haven't heard of, and some I can only guess by their title what they entail. Checked some out quickly, haven't watched a video of Phogs but is that similar to what Heave Ho is? Well, as in using the two heads to get about. Actually similar to Supermarket Shriek as well? By what I read of their video description, you can use microphones as well (for Supermarket Shriek). Did you use that, or use LT/RT on a controller when you played that?

What is Rad? I've looked on Google images and got different things.

Tunic and Enter the Gungeon look pretty good from the screenshots I saw. Haven't checked Gato Roboto.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Most of those I haven't heard of, and some I can only guess by their title what they entail. Checked some out quickly, haven't watched a video of Phogs but is that similar to what Heave Ho is? Well, as in using the two heads to get about. Actually similar to Supermarket Shriek as well? By what I read of their video description, you can use microphones as well (for Supermarket Shriek). Did you use that, or use LT/RT on a controller when you played that?

What is Rad? I've looked on Google images and got different things.

Tunic and Enter the Gungeon look pretty good from the screenshots I saw. Haven't checked Gato Roboto.
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 804
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Phogs is basically a double ended dog with each end controlled by a player, but there's a limit to how much you can stretch. It's a cute co-op game that I would buy depending on the price. From what I got to see, I'd say it's sitting at the $20 range depending on how much content there is to it.

Heave Ho is a game for 1-4 players, and is comparable to Mount Your Friends, but if it was to co-operatively reach a goal instead of competing. Left stick controls your left arm, right stick for right arm. The respective triggers are for gripping with that hand. We played in four player mode, and you just have to work together to link as a chain and get yourselves across the level into the end goal as quickly as you can.

Supermarket Shriek was played with controllers. It's similar to Phogs in that each player controls a side, but that's really where it ends. If both sides are pushing on their trigger (or shrieking) then you go forward. If only one side is shrieking, then you'll turn that way.

As you can see, the co-op games we played had very simple control schemes. The challenge comes from speed and level design, except for Phogs, which is purely a relaxing co-op game that isn't going to strain your relationship with someone. Tongue

Rad was in a Nindie showcase recently if memory serves right, and there's a trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWUJGRopwA
It's a little hard to say what the goal was, but it played well and I can't think of any criticisms of it from the part I played.

Tunic was the last game we got time with, and I recorded six minutes of footage while Shira played. She'll share that later when she writes up her feelings on her experience.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 804
Phogs is basically a double ended dog with each end controlled by a player, but there's a limit to how much you can stretch. It's a cute co-op game that I would buy depending on the price. From what I got to see, I'd say it's sitting at the $20 range depending on how much content there is to it.

Heave Ho is a game for 1-4 players, and is comparable to Mount Your Friends, but if it was to co-operatively reach a goal instead of competing. Left stick controls your left arm, right stick for right arm. The respective triggers are for gripping with that hand. We played in four player mode, and you just have to work together to link as a chain and get yourselves across the level into the end goal as quickly as you can.

Supermarket Shriek was played with controllers. It's similar to Phogs in that each player controls a side, but that's really where it ends. If both sides are pushing on their trigger (or shrieking) then you go forward. If only one side is shrieking, then you'll turn that way.

As you can see, the co-op games we played had very simple control schemes. The challenge comes from speed and level design, except for Phogs, which is purely a relaxing co-op game that isn't going to strain your relationship with someone. Tongue

Rad was in a Nindie showcase recently if memory serves right, and there's a trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWUJGRopwA
It's a little hard to say what the goal was, but it played well and I can't think of any criticisms of it from the part I played.

Tunic was the last game we got time with, and I recorded six minutes of footage while Shira played. She'll share that later when she writes up her feelings on her experience.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Yeah, looking forward to that Tunic footage then. The other games not that much interested in other than CTR of course, and finally checked out Gato Roboto and that looks good for those who like Metroid games.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Yeah, looking forward to that Tunic footage then. The other games not that much interested in other than CTR of course, and finally checked out Gato Roboto and that looks good for those who like Metroid games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Yoshi is my son
Moderators
Currently Playing
Yoshi's Crafted World | Enter The Gungeon
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 411
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 
Phogs really gave me that Katamari/Nobinobi Boy feeling of just extremely strange concepts done in a really cute and endearing way, from mechanics to appearance. Definitely a good couple's game, I'd say. It's not super challenging and pushed you into working as a team to meet simple goals.

Heave-Ho was super fun. I really cant wait to play that shit with friends. One of those chaotic cooperative experiences where you're shouting and feeling stress over the littlest of things lol
Same applies to Supermarket Shriek, I suppose, though that's a 2 player experience. I found the cooperative elements to be more akin to Overcooked and in which you're yelling instructions to assure everything goes smoothly and correct lol
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Yoshi is my son
Currently Playing
Yoshi's Crafted World | Enter The Gungeon
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 411
Phogs really gave me that Katamari/Nobinobi Boy feeling of just extremely strange concepts done in a really cute and endearing way, from mechanics to appearance. Definitely a good couple's game, I'd say. It's not super challenging and pushed you into working as a team to meet simple goals.

Heave-Ho was super fun. I really cant wait to play that shit with friends. One of those chaotic cooperative experiences where you're shouting and feeling stress over the littlest of things lol
Same applies to Supermarket Shriek, I suppose, though that's a 2 player experience. I found the cooperative elements to be more akin to Overcooked and in which you're yelling instructions to assure everything goes smoothly and correct lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Game You Played ShiraNoMai 213 18,819 05-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Your first ever game? macGamr 21 3,279 05-15-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Daltonio
  Guess The Video-Game Moonface 76 7,411 05-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  How Have You Entertained Yourself In A Game? Moonface 9 557 04-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Sonic movie to have a game tie-in plus plot details! Metallix 6 249 04-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Moonface