Nicest Looking Console
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
It's big and bulky sure, but it's simplistic and I love that - especially the subtle concave with the LED lights at the top.  The Series S is a little boring and kind of looks like a radio, but that's also okay because to me at least it looks like an obvious throwback to a man named Dieter Rams.  Check out the consumer electronics he designed back in the day:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Dieter+Rams+designs&t=ffcm&atb=v226-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

If they look familiar, that's because they also inspired Steve Jobs and his lead product designer back when they decided to take on their vision of an mp3 player...and we know what that looks like, among all of their general design concepts that continue today.  I love it, all of it - and in my opinion, Microsoft pulled off two really good Dieter Ram-inspired products that were effectively a bygone era's vision of the future.

The PS5 straight up looks like a router though.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
It's big and bulky sure, but it's simplistic and I love that - especially the subtle concave with the LED lights at the top.  The Series S is a little boring and kind of looks like a radio, but that's also okay because to me at least it looks like an obvious throwback to a man named Dieter Rams.  Check out the consumer electronics he designed back in the day:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Dieter+Rams+designs&t=ffcm&atb=v226-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

If they look familiar, that's because they also inspired Steve Jobs and his lead product designer back when they decided to take on their vision of an mp3 player...and we know what that looks like, among all of their general design concepts that continue today.  I love it, all of it - and in my opinion, Microsoft pulled off two really good Dieter Ram-inspired products that were effectively a bygone era's vision of the future.

WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Oct 10th, 2020, 08:19 AM)Eric Wrote:

What's wrong with a router? If so, that's the nicest looking router I've ever seen.

Also, that isn't LED lights at the top. It's just painted on the plastic.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Oct 10th, 2020, 08:19 AM)Eric Wrote:

What's wrong with a router? If so, that's the nicest looking router I've ever seen.

Also, that isn't LED lights at the top. It's just painted on the plastic.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Megami Tensei* Portal 
You're completely right lol. I still dig it though.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
You're completely right lol. I still dig it though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So over the weekend I finished getting some display cabinets put together and worked on filling them all up with gaming stuff me and Shira own (hence my absence for a few days), and I have to say that comparing the Nintendo consoles we have on display to the PlayStation ones, Nintendo definitely know how to make a console that can look presentable on a shelf for display (except the Wii U). The PlayStation's just look really boring next to them. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So over the weekend I finished getting some display cabinets put together and worked on filling them all up with gaming stuff me and Shira own (hence my absence for a few days), and I have to say that comparing the Nintendo consoles we have on display to the PlayStation ones, Nintendo definitely know how to make a console that can look presentable on a shelf for display (except the Wii U). The PlayStation's just look really boring next to them. Errm
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Megami Tensei* Portal 
It's a good thing then because I would not dare accuse the PS5 of looking boring. Sweat   Would you ever consider getting custom decals to layer around your Playstations and change their look a little?
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
It's a good thing then because I would not dare accuse the PS5 of looking boring. Sweat   Would you ever consider getting custom decals to layer around your Playstations and change their look a little?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 15th, 2020, 01:03 PM)Eric Wrote:
Probably not. Unless you're going to stand the system upright with one of the sides visible to you, then you're not necessarily going to see the design on the plate to warrant changing it outside of the color.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 15th, 2020, 01:03 PM)Eric Wrote:
Probably not. Unless you're going to stand the system upright with one of the sides visible to you, then you're not necessarily going to see the design on the plate to warrant changing it outside of the color.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 208 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 558 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  If Sega Didn't Leave The Console Business When They Did? Moonface 0 456 Jun 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM
  Do You Use Console Screenshot/Video Capture? Moonface 4 842 May 27th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Console Libraries: Quality or Quantity? Moonface 1 522 May 10th, 2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord