KFC Launches KFConsole
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

This was announced back in June but I think everyone rightfully at the time wrote it off as a joke. Well turns out it's not because KFC has officially showcased their KFConsole - a VR-ready, Intel-powered PC capable of 4K, Raytracing, gameplay up to 240fps, and a Chicken Chamber that will keep you chicken warm as you game.

Just when you think 2020 had nothing crazy left to surprise us with...
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

This was announced back in June but I think everyone rightfully at the time wrote it off as a joke. Well turns out it's not because KFC has officially showcased their KFConsole - a VR-ready, Intel-powered PC capable of 4K, Raytracing, gameplay up to 240fps, and a Chicken Chamber that will keep you chicken warm as you game.

Just when you think 2020 had nothing crazy left to surprise us with...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Please tell me it's still a joke. What? It's a food warmer, yet it's going to play games?! Someone's gone way out of the box and beyond the stratosphere into a black hole with this "creation". ROFL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Please tell me it's still a joke. What? It's a food warmer, yet it's going to play games?! Someone's gone way out of the box and beyond the stratosphere into a black hole with this "creation". ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll give them credit that using the heat of the system to keep food warm is pretty clever and a good way to tie it into the KFC brand. I'm just imagining if this was announced at E3; it'd probably go down as the craziest announcement in history for that event. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll give them credit that using the heat of the system to keep food warm is pretty clever and a good way to tie it into the KFC brand. I'm just imagining if this was announced at E3; it'd probably go down as the craziest announcement in history for that event. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I honestly can't wait to see the wikipedia thread of "2020" some day in the future and be reminded of the fact that this indeed happened and exists.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I honestly can't wait to see the wikipedia thread of "2020" some day in the future and be reminded of the fact that this indeed happened and exists.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone think KFC will actually mass produce this, or just keep it as a small novelty thing that makes most of its sales from people who just want to collect something as quirky and rare as this thing?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone think KFC will actually mass produce this, or just keep it as a small novelty thing that makes most of its sales from people who just want to collect something as quirky and rare as this thing?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm thinking more of the latter, I mean if this really truly really happens, then perhaps a number will be made to test the waters and depending on the result which'll probably be not enough demand to warrant more. Which'll be a loss for them but what they hey, they tried. XD Or who knows, maybe there will be a market for it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm thinking more of the latter, I mean if this really truly really happens, then perhaps a number will be made to test the waters and depending on the result which'll probably be not enough demand to warrant more. Which'll be a loss for them but what they hey, they tried. XD Or who knows, maybe there will be a market for it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wanna see what influencers they'll get to use their product to promote it. I wanna see that damn thing in action XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wanna see what influencers they'll get to use their product to promote it. I wanna see that damn thing in action XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, I can't see there being a mass market for it: I mean, who actually wants to warm their chicken while they're playing :-/ ?

There probably is a small novelty market for this kind of thing, but it's probably just going to become a weird collector's item.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, I can't see there being a mass market for it: I mean, who actually wants to warm their chicken while they're playing :-/ ?

There probably is a small novelty market for this kind of thing, but it's probably just going to become a weird collector's item.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
The neckbeards cried out, for their tendies were too cold.
And lo, KFC said "Let there be KFConsole".
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
The neckbeards cried out, for their tendies were too cold.
And lo, KFC said "Let there be KFConsole".