Nicest Looking Console
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What console(s) do you think are the most attractive and well designed visually?

Out of all the PlayStations I think the PS4 is the nicest console, as it doesn't look bulky and I appreciate the flat top it has which the PS3 lacked.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What console(s) do you think are the most attractive and well designed visually?

Out of all the PlayStations I think the PS4 is the nicest console, as it doesn't look bulky and I appreciate the flat top it has which the PS3 lacked.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
The SEGA Genesis (model 1 and 2) will always be that attractive beast for me.

And honestly, for all its technological superiority, the incredibly plain-looking SNES had nothing on the Genesis design-wise.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
The SEGA Genesis (model 1 and 2) will always be that attractive beast for me.

And honestly, for all its technological superiority, the incredibly plain-looking SNES had nothing on the Genesis design-wise.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
To most almost every console looks the same (Im not shit posting here), its almost always a rectangle and either grey, black, or white.

The game cube by virtue of being different I guess wins,

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
To most almost every console looks the same (Im not shit posting here), its almost always a rectangle and either grey, black, or white.

The game cube by virtue of being different I guess wins,
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
PS4 and Vita (yes, I'm including handhelds) are my favorites. The PS4 is nice and sleek and the Vita has a good design to it. I've especially been loving the newer model Vita. Has much better Start/Select buttons and the slimmer design look great.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
PS4 and Vita (yes, I'm including handhelds) are my favorites. The PS4 is nice and sleek and the Vita has a good design to it. I've especially been loving the newer model Vita. Has much better Start/Select buttons and the slimmer design look great.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I will always love the original PS2 design. Was so futuristic for its time with its disc tray instead of flip top and sleek font.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
I will always love the original PS2 design. Was so futuristic for its time with its disc tray instead of flip top and sleek font.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was the PS2 one of the first systems that could be horizontal or vertical? I know Nintendo didn't really get a console that could do that until the Wii, and I can't recall any of the Sega systems having the option.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was the PS2 one of the first systems that could be horizontal or vertical? I know Nintendo didn't really get a console that could do that until the Wii, and I can't recall any of the Sega systems having the option.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Oh yeah it was! That was another reason it was so futuristic. It was also the only console to have a horizontal stand. Haha
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Oh yeah it was! That was another reason it was so futuristic. It was also the only console to have a horizontal stand. Haha
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 03:12 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Yeah, not gonna lie, I really like the 90s-00s looks of Nintendo consoles with all the different colours. I still want to get an orange Gamecube at some point.

Anyway, I like the Gamecube design because it's pretty compact and has that neat handle. Also the Switch is very nice. I've got the one with the red+blue joycons.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 03:12 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Yeah, not gonna lie, I really like the 90s-00s looks of Nintendo consoles with all the different colours. I still want to get an orange Gamecube at some point.

Anyway, I like the Gamecube design because it's pretty compact and has that neat handle. Also the Switch is very nice. I've got the one with the red+blue joycons.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
As far as handhelds go the PSP Go was the sleekest. Honestly I felt they should have went with that design with Vita. I’d even prefer the Switch to have that configuration.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
As far as handhelds go the PSP Go was the sleekest. Honestly I felt they should have went with that design with Vita. I’d even prefer the Switch to have that configuration.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Can I be cheap and say PC is the best looking console? Cause they come in so many pretty varieties actually.

As for the real best looking consoles...I'd probably have to say either the PS3 or PS4 I think they are the best looking ones. I was thinking about the switch for a moment cause I like the pretty neon color of the joy-cons, but its not actually that visually appealing. Though I think I prefer the original PS3 the best it was so sleek and shiny.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Can I be cheap and say PC is the best looking console? Cause they come in so many pretty varieties actually.

As for the real best looking consoles...I'd probably have to say either the PS3 or PS4 I think they are the best looking ones. I was thinking about the switch for a moment cause I like the pretty neon color of the joy-cons, but its not actually that visually appealing. Though I think I prefer the original PS3 the best it was so sleek and shiny.
Ash Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Fortnite
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 108
Well, PC would be the best looking but the problem is that you would need to spend quite a bit to have a nice looking one. I'm sure the cheap ones don't look that great. Other than PC, I would say the PS4 is the best looking console. It just looks nice and sleek.
Ash Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Fortnite
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 108
Well, PC would be the best looking but the problem is that you would need to spend quite a bit to have a nice looking one. I'm sure the cheap ones don't look that great. Other than PC, I would say the PS4 is the best looking console. It just looks nice and sleek.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'd honestly have to say the Nintendo 64. Especially when it came in all those fun colors. Plus the slick shape it had for the 1990s was pretty dang good.

Other than that I'd have to agree with someone above and say the Sega Genesis but just the Gen 2 model. The Gen 1 was ugly in my opinion and the model 3 wasn't much better than the 1.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I'd honestly have to say the Nintendo 64. Especially when it came in all those fun colors. Plus the slick shape it had for the 1990s was pretty dang good.

Other than that I'd have to agree with someone above and say the Sega Genesis but just the Gen 2 model. The Gen 1 was ugly in my opinion and the model 3 wasn't much better than the 1.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 06:16 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Now that you mention them and having a look myself, I have to say that the N64 definitely has some of the best colour choices. Sony and Microsoft tend to stick to just white or black most of the time with other options being rarely done.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 06:16 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Now that you mention them and having a look myself, I have to say that the N64 definitely has some of the best colour choices. Sony and Microsoft tend to stick to just white or black most of the time with other options being rarely done.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Gamecube for sure is the best-looking console just for the nostalgia vibes, but overall I prefer the more-modern sleek designs. Next gen has some good ones, with the exception of the PS5, that thing is ugly lol.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Gamecube for sure is the best-looking console just for the nostalgia vibes, but overall I prefer the more-modern sleek designs. Next gen has some good ones, with the exception of the PS5, that thing is ugly lol.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 9th, 2020, 08:06 AM)Eric Wrote:
Gamecube for sure is the best-looking console just for the nostalgia vibes, but overall I prefer the more-modern sleek designs.  Next gen has some good ones, with the exception of the PS5, that thing is ugly lol.

The Series X is the one that looks ugly. But at least they are living up to their name of an X BOX. Because that's exactly what it is.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 9th, 2020, 08:06 AM)Eric Wrote:
Gamecube for sure is the best-looking console just for the nostalgia vibes, but overall I prefer the more-modern sleek designs.  Next gen has some good ones, with the exception of the PS5, that thing is ugly lol.

The Series X is the one that looks ugly. But at least they are living up to their name of an X BOX. Because that's exactly what it is.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 164 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 522 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  If Sega Didn't Leave The Console Business When They Did? Moonface 0 438 Jun 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM
  Do You Use Console Screenshot/Video Capture? Moonface 4 790 May 27th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Console Libraries: Quality or Quantity? Moonface 1 489 May 10th, 2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord