King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I think you'd be surprised how many people would protest a streaming gaming service..more so if that's the way every developer went. They'd loose money & fast.

Besides, like queen said it's not like Steam or GOG are going away anytime soon & to be fair with Nintendo being the left field player here, I doubt they'd ever go to a steaming service. They are kind of behind a gen, with graphics & all.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I think you'd be surprised how many people would protest a streaming gaming service..more so if that's the way every developer went. They'd loose money & fast.

Besides, like queen said it's not like Steam or GOG are going away anytime soon & to be fair with Nintendo being the left field player here, I doubt they'd ever go to a steaming service. They are kind of behind a gen, with graphics & all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Even if Nintendo weren't behind in any aspect, I doubt they would ever go streaming. I can see Microsoft wanting to offer the choice because Phil Spencer did an interview with GiantBomb where he said that his aim with Xbox is to get as many people to play as many games as possible as many ways as possible. Which is why I believe they won't take the road of "streaming or nothing" because it isn't the vision he wants with Xbox and the brand would be really hurt if the first announcement for their next generation console(s) is as bad as the one for the Xbox One.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Even if Nintendo weren't behind in any aspect, I doubt they would ever go streaming. I can see Microsoft wanting to offer the choice because Phil Spencer did an interview with GiantBomb where he said that his aim with Xbox is to get as many people to play as many games as possible as many ways as possible. Which is why I believe they won't take the road of "streaming or nothing" because it isn't the vision he wants with Xbox and the brand would be really hurt if the first announcement for their next generation console(s) is as bad as the one for the Xbox One.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 08:10 PM)Moonface Wrote:

This is the same company that
1) Fired their QA team
2) Are pushing forced updates out, and every update since the QA team being laid off, has been worse and worse
3) Pissing off their bread and butter (the large enterprise customers) on mandatory twice a year updates (not just security) on Windows 10, breaking shit on Windows Server, and continuing to remove features form Windows 10 Pro.
4) moved Windows Server pricing from per CPU to per core along with "Oh it doesn't matter if you only have 1 windows server running if you run a server farm with redundancy (i.e. the window server is vitalized which many are these days) Every computer that in theory could run it needs to be licensed too.

So yeah I am not giving my hopes up. Phil Spencer still answers to Satya "Fuck everything that isn't the cloud" Nadella

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 08:10 PM)Moonface Wrote:

This is the same company that
1) Fired their QA team
2) Are pushing forced updates out, and every update since the QA team being laid off, has been worse and worse
3) Pissing off their bread and butter (the large enterprise customers) on mandatory twice a year updates (not just security) on Windows 10, breaking shit on Windows Server, and continuing to remove features form Windows 10 Pro.
4) moved Windows Server pricing from per CPU to per core along with "Oh it doesn't matter if you only have 1 windows server running if you run a server farm with redundancy (i.e. the window server is vitalized which many are these days) Every computer that in theory could run it needs to be licensed too.

So yeah I am not giving my hopes up. Phil Spencer still answers to Satya "Fuck everything that isn't the cloud" Nadella
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Microsoft can get away with a lot of shit with Windows because they don't exactly have much competition. No other OS is as widely used by the general populace as Windows is. It's like Google needing to give a shit about other search engines, they just don't really need to because nothing else can touch them and people use them first over other search engines almost all the time.

Xbox however sits on a playing field where Sony or Nintendo can easily get their consumer base if they do what people would demand of Microsoft if they announced a bad approach for the next Xbox, just as was done with PS4 offering what people wanted the Xbox One to provide.

Phil may answer to the guy running Microsoft, but if Microsoft were going to stick to doing some bullshit with an Xbox then they wouldn't have backpedaled with the Xbox One.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Microsoft can get away with a lot of shit with Windows because they don't exactly have much competition. No other OS is as widely used by the general populace as Windows is. It's like Google needing to give a shit about other search engines, they just don't really need to because nothing else can touch them and people use them first over other search engines almost all the time.

Xbox however sits on a playing field where Sony or Nintendo can easily get their consumer base if they do what people would demand of Microsoft if they announced a bad approach for the next Xbox, just as was done with PS4 offering what people wanted the Xbox One to provide.

Phil may answer to the guy running Microsoft, but if Microsoft were going to stick to doing some bullshit with an Xbox then they wouldn't have backpedaled with the Xbox One.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 10:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Google still gives the best results of any search engine. Pop in on /r/sysadmin after a patch tuesday and see how pissed off IT Pros are. Or visit an IT professional forum and see it. Windows 10 is not the "best" windows in terms of how it is being managed by MS.

There are enterprise grade (MS' bread and butter, not the average consumer, everything I talked about deals with enterprise along with every day consumers), solutions such as Red Hat, SUSE, (does the cross motion) Oracle, among other Linux distros. That can fill most needs of what these Windows servers do (File sharing, running apps, monitoring other systems, etc). If the linux community (as in paid and unpaid devs) can get their shit together with an Active Directory replacement, Windows and MS could be in some real deep shit.

This below is more speculation then anything
The fact that MS is pushing for CLI-only on their servers means that you are going to start seeing less shitty GUI only made programs for Windows server and maybe a further push to *Nix (which can run under a GUI or not or just when you need a GUI, unlike windows server which currently is GUI only but heading to headless only). The GUI nature of windows server made it "easy to manage" by anyone as it often "guided" you through stuff CLI is less forgiving in terms of hand holding.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 10:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Google still gives the best results of any search engine. Pop in on /r/sysadmin after a patch tuesday and see how pissed off IT Pros are. Or visit an IT professional forum and see it. Windows 10 is not the "best" windows in terms of how it is being managed by MS.

There are enterprise grade (MS' bread and butter, not the average consumer, everything I talked about deals with enterprise along with every day consumers), solutions such as Red Hat, SUSE, (does the cross motion) Oracle, among other Linux distros. That can fill most needs of what these Windows servers do (File sharing, running apps, monitoring other systems, etc). If the linux community (as in paid and unpaid devs) can get their shit together with an Active Directory replacement, Windows and MS could be in some real deep shit.

This below is more speculation then anything
The fact that MS is pushing for CLI-only on their servers means that you are going to start seeing less shitty GUI only made programs for Windows server and maybe a further push to *Nix (which can run under a GUI or not or just when you need a GUI, unlike windows server which currently is GUI only but heading to headless only). The GUI nature of windows server made it "easy to manage" by anyone as it often "guided" you through stuff CLI is less forgiving in terms of hand holding.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 217 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Microsoft Potentially Ditching Physical Media Entirely? Moonface 7 401 Feb 2nd, 2024, 12:11 AM
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 565 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  If Sega Didn't Leave The Console Business When They Did? Moonface 0 462 Jun 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM
  Do You Use Console Screenshot/Video Capture? Moonface 4 861 May 27th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord