PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 02:19 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
In the end, it's not going to work though because not every one is able to afford that high end wifi & will just skip out on that new XBOX ONE20 console cause it's just easier & CHEAPER to get their games through STEAM or GOG sales anyway.

[Image: ZXCilFt.jpg]

But really this "you don't own it you are just renting it" bullshit is going way too far, now farmers can't even repair their own tractors because John Deere claims "copyright" over them.

Its bullshit, that multi billion dollar companies are doing everything they can to remove the rights of the consumers so their board members and stock holders can get an extra buck.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 02:19 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
In the end, it's not going to work though because not every one is able to afford that high end wifi & will just skip out on that new XBOX ONE20 console cause it's just easier & CHEAPER to get their games through STEAM or GOG sales anyway.

[Image: ZXCilFt.jpg]

But really this "you don't own it you are just renting it" bullshit is going way too far, now farmers can't even repair their own tractors because John Deere claims "copyright" over them.

Its bullshit, that multi billion dollar companies are doing everything they can to remove the rights of the consumers so their board members and stock holders can get an extra buck.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
We gamers are awful at boycotting. As long as we keep financing these practices out of our own pocket, they are not gonna stop.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
We gamers are awful at boycotting. As long as we keep financing these practices out of our own pocket, they are not gonna stop.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Oh, I'm good at telling companies just what I want by NOT BUYING IT. You are telling them you DON'T WANT something by not opening up your wallet & buying said product. There are a lot of games I'd like to try, but I refuse because of their predatory practices (IE: Star Wars Battlefront 2). So no sale here.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Oh, I'm good at telling companies just what I want by NOT BUYING IT. You are telling them you DON'T WANT something by not opening up your wallet & buying said product. There are a lot of games I'd like to try, but I refuse because of their predatory practices (IE: Star Wars Battlefront 2). So no sale here.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 03:42 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Back in the day, we could because it was a nitche market and the boycotts actually had power. But these days party due to EA and co. buying everyone else out, and party because now normies are now buying games on mass and by definition normies don't care about gaming like we do, we hold no power in numbers any more.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Back in the day, we could because it was a nitche market and the boycotts actually had power. But these days party due to EA and co. buying everyone else out, and party because now normies are now buying games on mass and by definition normies don't care about gaming like we do, we hold no power in numbers any more.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Back in the day we also had actual expansions rather than overpriced DLC. Or amazing box art and trinkets rather than a scrappy desktop icon.

What has gaming come to?!?
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Back in the day we also had actual expansions rather than overpriced DLC. Or amazing box art and trinkets rather than a scrappy desktop icon.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 03:54 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

The gaming companies want all of the money. We gamers let them have an inch & they decided to take the whole dang cookie jar & the milk jug too while it's at it.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

The gaming companies want all of the money. We gamers let them have an inch & they decided to take the whole dang cookie jar & the milk jug too while it's at it.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 04:01 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:

Oh man I miss proper expansions. 10 years ago "LOL 10 dollars for horse armor?! GET LOST!" Today: "3 to 200 dollars for a weapons skin is okay".

I hate humanity. #giantmeteor2020

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 04:01 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:

Oh man I miss proper expansions. 10 years ago "LOL 10 dollars for horse armor?! GET LOST!" Today: "3 to 200 dollars for a weapons skin is okay".

I hate humanity. #giantmeteor2020
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Well the preditory practice is now getting the attention of the government. So much so that a lot of other countries have banned loot boxes & its starting to affect the American market. Also didn't the xbox one try to be online all the time already & M$ got a ton of back lash for it anyway? Besides, there isn't much on their games streaming service right now anyway that you can't buy at a used price down the line eventually anyhow. Besides if I remember right this streaming console was rumored to release LAST gen.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Well the preditory practice is now getting the attention of the government. So much so that a lot of other countries have banned loot boxes & its starting to affect the American market. Also didn't the xbox one try to be online all the time already & M$ got a ton of back lash for it anyway? Besides, there isn't much on their games streaming service right now anyway that you can't buy at a used price down the line eventually anyhow. Besides if I remember right this streaming console was rumored to release LAST gen.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 11:51 AM)King Atem Wrote:
Also didn't the xbox one try to be online all the time already & M$ got a ton of back lash for it anyway?
Exactly. I'd say gamers have done well in recent times to show a massive backlash towards games that deserve it. Battlefront 2 had to get its loot boxes completely removed and overhauled due to backlash. Xbox One was completely changed as Atem points out. Granted, there are other practices and instances that could do with seeing more backlash to get changed, but I'd say if something is badly hurting a company's image it won't take long for them to either change or suffer consequences.

I think the best approach would be to just have one system and let people choose how to get their games. Do they want to have them as part of a streaming service that's cheaper, or outright own them? At least then the options are available to every console owner, and would be useful if someone wanted a game but would prefer to stream it than buy it because it may be a game they only want to play once and won't care to really pick up again. If I wanted to get a game cheap just to try it, why would I go out and buy a pre-owned copy when I can just instantly download/stream it on my console (internet permitting)?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Also didn't the xbox one try to be online all the time already & M$ got a ton of back lash for it anyway?
Exactly. I'd say gamers have done well in recent times to show a massive backlash towards games that deserve it. Battlefront 2 had to get its loot boxes completely removed and overhauled due to backlash. Xbox One was completely changed as Atem points out. Granted, there are other practices and instances that could do with seeing more backlash to get changed, but I'd say if something is badly hurting a company's image it won't take long for them to either change or suffer consequences.

I think the best approach would be to just have one system and let people choose how to get their games. Do they want to have them as part of a streaming service that's cheaper, or outright own them? At least then the options are available to every console owner, and would be useful if someone wanted a game but would prefer to stream it than buy it because it may be a game they only want to play once and won't care to really pick up again. If I wanted to get a game cheap just to try it, why would I go out and buy a pre-owned copy when I can just instantly download/stream it on my console (internet permitting)?
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 03:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The problem is that consumers don't actually get a choice the CEO of ubisoft recently said "Oh after this next generation of consoles, everything will be streaming I think".

Sure that is speculation, but when a C level of one of the largest publishers saids that chances are its going to happen.

SO you know Screw anyone with lagy internet, screw anyone who's internet is out, but most importantly screw the consumer,

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 03:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The problem is that consumers don't actually get a choice the CEO of ubisoft recently said "Oh after this next generation of consoles, everything will be streaming I think".

Sure that is speculation, but when a C level of one of the largest publishers saids that chances are its going to happen.

SO you know Screw anyone with lagy internet, screw anyone who's internet is out, but most importantly screw the consumer,
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I'd believe it when I see it. Games are expensive, and limiting the amount of customers you can reach by only offering streaming isn't going to make paying the bills easier.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I'd believe it when I see it. Games are expensive, and limiting the amount of customers you can reach by only offering streaming isn't going to make paying the bills easier.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Companies going for streaming are insanely rich to begin with.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Companies going for streaming are insanely rich to begin with.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
To quote the great philosopher Abba:

Quote:Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world

Since they are limited their customers to areas with good internet which means your consumer based is now limited to those with money just charge more per game and/or a bunch for the streaming service(s), and the reduce customers won't be an issue because of the higher cost that most people wouldn't buy in to anyways. Pull an Apple and make it "luxury"

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
To quote the great philosopher Abba:

Quote:Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world

Since they are limited their customers to areas with good internet which means your consumer based is now limited to those with money just charge more per game and/or a bunch for the streaming service(s), and the reduce customers won't be an issue because of the higher cost that most people wouldn't buy in to anyways. Pull an Apple and make it "luxury"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yes, but gaming companies can't afford to go for streaming if the game doesn't make enough money to cover development. AAA companies are already cautious on taking risks with games, and if streaming brings in less money for games there's going to be even less incentive to try new things.

Also, pulling a stunt of putting up prices would just open the door for a rival company to steal customers. Look at how Sony took advantage of Microsoft after their Xbox One announcement.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yes, but gaming companies can't afford to go for streaming if the game doesn't make enough money to cover development. AAA companies are already cautious on taking risks with games, and if streaming brings in less money for games there's going to be even less incentive to try new things.

Also, pulling a stunt of putting up prices would just open the door for a rival company to steal customers. Look at how Sony took advantage of Microsoft after their Xbox One announcement.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 03:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well chances are either each console company or publisher will have a streaming service so either there will be no (real) rivals outside of the current AAA publishers or the console makers. You are just left with the market of indy games.

Either Xbox Live or PS+ will move to streaming services or EA, Ubi, 2k, et al will move to streaming (then you would need to buy an EA, Ubi, 2k, et al pass).

I don't see there being a "netflix" of gaming as even Netflix is being harmed by content owners making their own streaming services, which brings us back to basically cable TV, which ironcy puts us back to why Netflix got so popular (one place for all movies/tv shows).

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 03:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well chances are either each console company or publisher will have a streaming service so either there will be no (real) rivals outside of the current AAA publishers or the console makers. You are just left with the market of indy games.

Either Xbox Live or PS+ will move to streaming services or EA, Ubi, 2k, et al will move to streaming (then you would need to buy an EA, Ubi, 2k, et al pass).

I don't see there being a "netflix" of gaming as even Netflix is being harmed by content owners making their own streaming services, which brings us back to basically cable TV, which ironcy puts us back to why Netflix got so popular (one place for all movies/tv shows).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 208 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Microsoft Potentially Ditching Physical Media Entirely? Moonface 7 374 Feb 2nd, 2024, 12:11 AM
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 558 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  If Sega Didn't Leave The Console Business When They Did? Moonface 0 456 Jun 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM
  Do You Use Console Screenshot/Video Capture? Moonface 4 842 May 27th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord