Hey!
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
It might sound a bit lame, but I decided to join this community after entering a random thread and seeing Digimon in someone's signature...

I don't really play much games, and if I play anything, I mostly play games on my phone. Currently I'm playing Duel Links, Bloons TD 6 and Bloons Adventure Time TD. Regarding more advanced games, I always liked Metroidvanias, and if anything, then I'm playing games from that genre. Other than video games, I'm more about board and card games to the point of running a board about them. My most favourite board game is Talisman The Magical Quest Game.

So see You around! Smile
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
It might sound a bit lame, but I decided to join this community after entering a random thread and seeing Digimon in someone's signature...

I don't really play much games, and if I play anything, I mostly play games on my phone. Currently I'm playing Duel Links, Bloons TD 6 and Bloons Adventure Time TD. Regarding more advanced games, I always liked Metroidvanias, and if anything, then I'm playing games from that genre. Other than video games, I'm more about board and card games to the point of running a board about them. My most favourite board game is Talisman The Magical Quest Game.

So see You around! Smile
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Why would that be lame? That's awesome!

Welcome aboard, dude Smile
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Why would that be lame? That's awesome!

Welcome aboard, dude Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Nemomon!

I was about to ask where that name could possibly come from, but there's no reason to now. XD

Ooh, well I see NES is your favourite console, plus you are playing quite a recent game in Hollow Knight. How long have you been into video games and by extension board games and the like too?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Nemomon!

I was about to ask where that name could possibly come from, but there's no reason to now. XD

Ooh, well I see NES is your favourite console, plus you are playing quite a recent game in Hollow Knight. How long have you been into video games and by extension board games and the like too?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
*slow clap of amusement* Didn't think that such a random thing would get someone to join. I believe that I am that random Digimon sig owner.

Now then, to the regular intro: Hello there, Nemomon. I go by many names around here, but most call me Maniak. I think I speak for everyone when I say we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't mind all the wacky.

You mentioned you like Metroidvanias. Do you mainly play newer ones (i.e. post-Symphony of the Night, such as Aria of Sorrow) or older ones (i.e. pre-Symphony of the Night, such as Super Metroid)? I use SotN as my dividing point because I know that's a landmark not just for the genre, but for gaming in general, and I'm not really experienced in the genre myself.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
*slow clap of amusement* Didn't think that such a random thing would get someone to join. I believe that I am that random Digimon sig owner.

Now then, to the regular intro: Hello there, Nemomon. I go by many names around here, but most call me Maniak. I think I speak for everyone when I say we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't mind all the wacky.

You mentioned you like Metroidvanias. Do you mainly play newer ones (i.e. post-Symphony of the Night, such as Aria of Sorrow) or older ones (i.e. pre-Symphony of the Night, such as Super Metroid)? I use SotN as my dividing point because I know that's a landmark not just for the genre, but for gaming in general, and I'm not really experienced in the genre myself.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
hello Nemo.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
hello Nemo.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Welcome to UG, Nemomon!

But You might be wrong about one thing, though Wink. While indeed the -mon part is from Digimon, Nemo- part is not from Little Nemo, but from Captain Nemo - one of my most favourite characters.

NES is my favourite console, because it is the only one I ever had (with the exception of a collection of Gameboys). Next month I turn 35, so I think I have been playing video and board games for over a quarter of my file. In fact it was that Talisman that was my very first board game I ever played, and perhaps this is why it's still my most favourite one Wink.

And thanks for welcomes! Smile

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:42 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Hey Maniak, yeah it was Your signature that caused me to join this site Wink. It might a surprise for You, but since I never had a PSX, I have never played SotN Tongue. I played all of the Castlevanias from the GBA and NDS, and I quite liked them. I don't havemuch time to play more advanced games, and tbh that Hollow Knight (and Chasm mentioned in another topic) are the only games I played for longer in the recent and not so recent times. I purchased Oni and the Blind Forest and Dead Cells, but so far I played only the former for a while (and I liked it). I also played Valdis Story (which also is a very good game) and Evoland 2 (which is an amazing game). So I think I would say I rather play newer games.

And hey PM! Smile
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Welcome to UG, Nemomon!

But You might be wrong about one thing, though Wink. While indeed the -mon part is from Digimon, Nemo- part is not from Little Nemo, but from Captain Nemo - one of my most favourite characters.

NES is my favourite console, because it is the only one I ever had (with the exception of a collection of Gameboys). Next month I turn 35, so I think I have been playing video and board games for over a quarter of my file. In fact it was that Talisman that was my very first board game I ever played, and perhaps this is why it's still my most favourite one Wink.

And thanks for welcomes! Smile

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:42 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Hey Maniak, yeah it was Your signature that caused me to join this site Wink. It might a surprise for You, but since I never had a PSX, I have never played SotN Tongue. I played all of the Castlevanias from the GBA and NDS, and I quite liked them. I don't havemuch time to play more advanced games, and tbh that Hollow Knight (and Chasm mentioned in another topic) are the only games I played for longer in the recent and not so recent times. I purchased Oni and the Blind Forest and Dead Cells, but so far I played only the former for a while (and I liked it). I also played Valdis Story (which also is a very good game) and Evoland 2 (which is an amazing game). So I think I would say I rather play newer games.

And hey PM! Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome to the board Nemo. I'm not an expert on card and board games but I did play a couple for the first time with Shira and some friends a couple of weeks ago that were neat. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome to the board Nemo. I'm not an expert on card and board games but I did play a couple for the first time with Shira and some friends a couple of weeks ago that were neat. Smile
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Just avoid Monopoly... that game ruins marriages and friendships. Tongue

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Just avoid Monopoly... that game ruins marriages and friendships. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I love card games, espiecially YuGiOh & when I could play it; Pokemon. I've also been known to play a round of conasta or two. ;3 I've played a few board games & my favorite one when I was little was mouse trap. Played it a few days ago with my nephew & he loved it.

Welcome to UG Nemomon. ^^
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I love card games, espiecially YuGiOh & when I could play it; Pokemon. I've also been known to play a round of conasta or two. ;3 I've played a few board games & my favorite one when I was little was mouse trap. Played it a few days ago with my nephew & he loved it.

Welcome to UG Nemomon. ^^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:43 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
I've played a few board games & my favorite one when I was little was mouse trap. Played it a few days ago with my nephew & he loved it.
Mouse Trap is one of the best board games for all ages just for the Rube Goldberg machine you get to set off at the end. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:43 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
I've played a few board games & my favorite one when I was little was mouse trap. Played it a few days ago with my nephew & he loved it.
Mouse Trap is one of the best board games for all ages just for the Rube Goldberg machine you get to set off at the end. Tongue
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Favourite Talisman role? In my first game I was a Leprechaun that got stupid amounts of money. It was pretty broken. XD

Have you played Twilight Imperium?

Do you play Magic the Gathering?
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Favourite Talisman role? In my first game I was a Leprechaun that got stupid amounts of money. It was pretty broken. XD

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Oct 30th, 2018, 01:09 PM)fantanoice Wrote:

Yeah, Leprechaun can be really broken with the City expansion. But even without it he can make sure that other characters won't have much gold. Do You Fanta play Talisman?

I used to play MtG, but I stopped years ago. I think after Coldsnap or close to it. But I still do read new expansions and more or less I'm up to date with the game. I don't remember anymore what my serious decks were, but I'm always looking for new rats, so probably it. But I do remember that I liked for fun decks, and had two of them. First was about tossing a coin, and second about moving charge counters back and forth. This deck was especially disliked, because during a single turn I was able to move counters from one card to another a few times.

About Twilight Imperium, I do recognize the game (as I mostly been translating FFG games and a few eurogames), but I didn'g play it.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Oct 30th, 2018, 01:09 PM)fantanoice Wrote:

Yeah, Leprechaun can be really broken with the City expansion. But even without it he can make sure that other characters won't have much gold. Do You Fanta play Talisman?

I used to play MtG, but I stopped years ago. I think after Coldsnap or close to it. But I still do read new expansions and more or less I'm up to date with the game. I don't remember anymore what my serious decks were, but I'm always looking for new rats, so probably it. But I do remember that I liked for fun decks, and had two of them. First was about tossing a coin, and second about moving charge counters back and forth. This deck was especially disliked, because during a single turn I was able to move counters from one card to another a few times.

About Twilight Imperium, I do recognize the game (as I mostly been translating FFG games and a few eurogames), but I didn'g play it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey guys! Cam 6 429 Nov 15th, 2023, 12:24 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Hey/Q&A! Amalthea 21 16,787 Dec 15th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Hey peeps! Chloe 210 159,270 Dec 8th, 2018, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Chloe
  Hey topman 7 6,554 Sep 29th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Kyng