Nintendo Switch
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
XP: 114
The fact that the Switch launched with a whole two games for it has kept me from buying one, and its library still hasn't grown all that much (as Dragon Lord said as well). Nintendo hasn't put the same energy into developing games for this like they did for the Wii, but then this also isn't "active" system that the Wii was so eh.

Honestly the new Pokemon games have got me interested enough to bite the bullet and get one. And there's enough other games I'm interested in trying to make it worth the price I suppose. I do love me some Mario Kart... and Zelda's the one game I've been wanting since it launched.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
The fact that the Switch launched with a whole two games for it has kept me from buying one, and its library still hasn't grown all that much (as Dragon Lord said as well). Nintendo hasn't put the same energy into developing games for this like they did for the Wii, but then this also isn't "active" system that the Wii was so eh.

Honestly the new Pokemon games have got me interested enough to bite the bullet and get one. And there's enough other games I'm interested in trying to make it worth the price I suppose. I do love me some Mario Kart... and Zelda's the one game I've been wanting since it launched.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 05:31 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
(Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 19th, 2018, 03:28 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
Using it as a handheld made me feel dizzy, which is odd considering I can use my Kindle, my Vita, and my 3DS without trouble. Unsure why that happened.
What game were you playing? Maybe that contributed, although it would do the same on a TV wouldn't it? Not sure if a smaller screen might cause things a larger one wouldn't. XD

Yooka-Laylee. After ten minutes or so I started feeling unwell. Maybe just because of the bright colours, but I doubt it since it was fine once I switched to the full TV mode.

Of course it's very rare I travel anywhere that gives me free time with my hands so using it as a portable console would be useless anyway.

in the Switch defense I heard from other people that Yooka-Laylee suffered camera controls which might explain why you were feeling unwell while playing it. Smile

I am not quite sure how Yooka-laylee is on the Switch as I don't own it.

@Geoffrey
The year itself has honestly been kind of a dry spell, but they did get Mario and Zelda out so their two biggest hitters in the first year was really good! I honestly believe will probably see them pick up steam again in 2019. As for now if you do decide to pick one up I'd recommend trying out Splatoon 2 its a colorful third person competitive shooter that really fun. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 05:31 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
(Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 19th, 2018, 03:28 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
Using it as a handheld made me feel dizzy, which is odd considering I can use my Kindle, my Vita, and my 3DS without trouble. Unsure why that happened.
What game were you playing? Maybe that contributed, although it would do the same on a TV wouldn't it? Not sure if a smaller screen might cause things a larger one wouldn't. XD

Yooka-Laylee. After ten minutes or so I started feeling unwell. Maybe just because of the bright colours, but I doubt it since it was fine once I switched to the full TV mode.

Of course it's very rare I travel anywhere that gives me free time with my hands so using it as a portable console would be useless anyway.

in the Switch defense I heard from other people that Yooka-Laylee suffered camera controls which might explain why you were feeling unwell while playing it. Smile

I am not quite sure how Yooka-laylee is on the Switch as I don't own it.

@Geoffrey
The year itself has honestly been kind of a dry spell, but they did get Mario and Zelda out so their two biggest hitters in the first year was really good! I honestly believe will probably see them pick up steam again in 2019. As for now if you do decide to pick one up I'd recommend trying out Splatoon 2 its a colorful third person competitive shooter that really fun. Smile
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
(Jun 27th, 2018, 04:31 AM)Yuri Wrote:
@Geoffrey

Yeah and honestly the games they have now are enough to keep me interested. I don't need a full shelf of games to make it worthwhile; a handful of really good, big hitters entices me enough and that's either already here or already announced.

I'll definitely check out Splatoon 2. Not a huge fan of shooters, but "colorful" intrigues me lol.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
(Jun 27th, 2018, 04:31 AM)Yuri Wrote:
@Geoffrey

Yeah and honestly the games they have now are enough to keep me interested. I don't need a full shelf of games to make it worthwhile; a handful of really good, big hitters entices me enough and that's either already here or already announced.

I'll definitely check out Splatoon 2. Not a huge fan of shooters, but "colorful" intrigues me lol.
Grungie Offline
Newcomer
XP: 153
I'm glad that more actual exclusives are getting announced or are coming out. What annoyed me about the first year of the Switch was that the vast majority of the library was available on Wii U, PS3, or PS4. I didn't feel like dropping $300 just to play Mario Odyssey.

I do find it a bit interesting with how people said the Wii U had garbage games, but they are buying all the Wii U ports on the Switch.
Grungie Offline
Newcomer
XP: 153
I'm glad that more actual exclusives are getting announced or are coming out. What annoyed me about the first year of the Switch was that the vast majority of the library was available on Wii U, PS3, or PS4. I didn't feel like dropping $300 just to play Mario Odyssey.

I do find it a bit interesting with how people said the Wii U had garbage games, but they are buying all the Wii U ports on the Switch.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I got a pair of red/blue Switch controllers on sale for $60 new at Meijer. They had a sale where you clip their coupon & save a certain percent off of one item & you get it for a cheaper price. I had to make the purchase cause my original controllers were starting to drift something awful while playing Octopath Traveler. D:
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I got a pair of red/blue Switch controllers on sale for $60 new at Meijer. They had a sale where you clip their coupon & save a certain percent off of one item & you get it for a cheaper price. I had to make the purchase cause my original controllers were starting to drift something awful while playing Octopath Traveler. D:
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 8th, 2018, 10:50 PM)Grungie Wrote:
I think it may be more that people didn't find the games being announced for the Wii U to be worth investing in the system, especially with how the system had no third party support like the Switch does.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 8th, 2018, 10:50 PM)Grungie Wrote:
I think it may be more that people didn't find the games being announced for the Wii U to be worth investing in the system, especially with how the system had no third party support like the Switch does.
JennyorAlice Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,164
I got a Nintendo Switch for Christmas last year. I didn't get one immediately because there has to be enough games for me to warrant getting one to begin with. Otherwise, it'll just sit there and collect dust. Plus, if I don't get one right away, it gives them a chance to work out any kinks or bugs out of it before I get that particular console.
JennyorAlice Offline
Newcomer
I got a Nintendo Switch for Christmas last year. I didn't get one immediately because there has to be enough games for me to warrant getting one to begin with. Otherwise, it'll just sit there and collect dust. Plus, if I don't get one right away, it gives them a chance to work out any kinks or bugs out of it before I get that particular console.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What games do you have for your Switch Jenny? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
JennyorAlice Offline
Newcomer
(Aug 9th, 2018, 05:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:

So far I have.....

Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker
JennyorAlice Offline
Newcomer
(Aug 9th, 2018, 05:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:

So far I have.....

Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Neat! I own the first two you listed. Which one is your favorite and are there any other Switch games you're looking to get at some point?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Neat! I own the first two you listed. Which one is your favorite and are there any other Switch games you're looking to get at some point?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Is it bad that I'm now going to own two Switch games, but never have any intention of getting a Switch itself? Hmm
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Is it bad that I'm now going to own two Switch games, but never have any intention of getting a Switch itself? Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How'd you come to own Switch games when you don't plan to get the system?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How'd you come to own Switch games when you don't plan to get the system?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
NISA did a Limited Edition for the Switch version of Fallen Legion, and Limited Run Games didn't do any kind of special edition for their releases of the PS4 and Vita versions of the game, so I got the LE so I could get the soundtrack CD that came with it.

Limited Run Games did do a Collector's Edition for their Switch release of Dust: An Elysian Tail, but they aren't doing any release for the game on any other systems, so I got it so that I could get the soundtrack CD and poster that come in it. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself if they eventually decide to do a release for the PS4 version of the game, but I decided to get the CE for the Switch release in the case of them never doing a release for PS4.

Unfortunate that in both cases I wasn't able to just buy the extra goodies without getting the game, but oh well.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
NISA did a Limited Edition for the Switch version of Fallen Legion, and Limited Run Games didn't do any kind of special edition for their releases of the PS4 and Vita versions of the game, so I got the LE so I could get the soundtrack CD that came with it.

Limited Run Games did do a Collector's Edition for their Switch release of Dust: An Elysian Tail, but they aren't doing any release for the game on any other systems, so I got it so that I could get the soundtrack CD and poster that come in it. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself if they eventually decide to do a release for the PS4 version of the game, but I decided to get the CE for the Switch release in the case of them never doing a release for PS4.

Unfortunate that in both cases I wasn't able to just buy the extra goodies without getting the game, but oh well.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Actually with a new update to the Switch, you're given a week to update or you can no longer use the eshop & currently there's no way to get around the update to rehax the Switch. So it's a good thing I never really looked into haxing mine too hard.

video for the curious;
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Actually with a new update to the Switch, you're given a week to update or you can no longer use the eshop & currently there's no way to get around the update to rehax the Switch. So it's a good thing I never really looked into haxing mine too hard.

video for the curious;
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't know what the update was about, so good to now know. Realised my Switch has updated to that as well, so glad about that.

The Switch a decent little system. Have used on my TV and as a portable, and nifty as both. Haven't tried standing the handheld up and playing with a controller separately yet though. Of course didn't doubt it, but knowing how it is first hand in my own gives me confidence in the system. Glad it has boomed like it has.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't know what the update was about, so good to now know. Realised my Switch has updated to that as well, so glad about that.

The Switch a decent little system. Have used on my TV and as a portable, and nifty as both. Haven't tried standing the handheld up and playing with a controller separately yet though. Of course didn't doubt it, but knowing how it is first hand in my own gives me confidence in the system. Glad it has boomed like it has.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 5 372 Mar 21st, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game Boy (Advance) – Nintendo Switch Online Library | MAR10 Day Additions Moonface 16 1,740 Mar 14th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 723 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,379 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
  Nintendo Switch is 5 Years Old Today Moonface 6 1,819 Mar 7th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord