One day I'll make my new sig and avy...
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC) | Dead by Daylight (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 7,998
Crash Bandicoot LittleBigPlanet Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if they'll put any Pokemon games out on it or not. On the one hand it's an obvious choice, but on the other this is Nintendo and also Pokemon could make easy bank just selling the damn games all over again instead of putting them in a subscription service.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
I wonder if they'll put any Pokemon games out on it or not. On the one hand it's an obvious choice, but on the other this is Nintendo and also Pokemon could make easy bank just selling the damn games all over again instead of putting them in a subscription service.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Beeg Sadge
Moderators
Currently Playing
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) | Pokémon Crystal
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 6,497
Rayman (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
I mean, they put G/S/C on the 3DS eShop, I wouldn't be shocked to see them add them there as well.

I'm with Dragonlord though; I didn't care too much for other games that weren't Pokemon on the GB/GBC, but if this leads into GBA or other classic console based emulation, I'm all for it! I actually couldn't name you a single game outside of the Pokemon franchise and Harry Potter that was on the GBC that I played Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Beeg Sadge
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
I mean, they put G/S/C on the 3DS eShop, I wouldn't be shocked to see them add them there as well.

I'm with Dragonlord though; I didn't care too much for other games that weren't Pokemon on the GB/GBC, but if this leads into GBA or other classic console based emulation, I'm all for it! I actually couldn't name you a single game outside of the Pokemon franchise and Harry Potter that was on the GBC that I played Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Neptunia ReVerse | Void Terrarium | Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention | Arknights | Azur Lane | Touhou: Lost Word
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 2,487
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) 
I just think about the possibility of finally having a way to play Golden Sun that doesn't require me to dig out one of my GBA SPs, or using an emulator, and it just makes me happy. Being able to play through Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age on the Switch would be orgasmic.

I'd also kill to be able to play Fire Emblem 7 and 8 on the Switch as well. Just so much goodness there to be had. Hopefully it won't take them too long to finally get to the point of adding GBA games.

My only fear is that, judging by a lot of the NES/SNES games they've added on NSO, there's going to be like one good game added for every 10 absolute garbage games.
2021 Platinum Goal: 10/50
Latest Platinum: Demon's Souls [PS5]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Neptunia ReVerse | Void Terrarium | Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention | Arknights | Azur Lane | Touhou: Lost Word
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) 
XP: 2,487
I just think about the possibility of finally having a way to play Golden Sun that doesn't require me to dig out one of my GBA SPs, or using an emulator, and it just makes me happy. Being able to play through Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age on the Switch would be orgasmic.

I'd also kill to be able to play Fire Emblem 7 and 8 on the Switch as well. Just so much goodness there to be had. Hopefully it won't take them too long to finally get to the point of adding GBA games.

My only fear is that, judging by a lot of the NES/SNES games they've added on NSO, there's going to be like one good game added for every 10 absolute garbage games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Beeg Sadge
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Bluetooth Audio Firmware Update

In addition to finally arriving to 2021, the 13.0.0 patch also adds firmware for your Dock: "Update Dock" added for docks with a LAN port (Lite models will not get updates with this feature). “Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode” also added, which is enabled by default, as well as an update to "Calibrate Control Sticks".
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Beeg Sadge
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Bluetooth Audio Firmware Update

In addition to finally arriving to 2021, the 13.0.0 patch also adds firmware for your Dock: "Update Dock" added for docks with a LAN port (Lite models will not get updates with this feature). “Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode” also added, which is enabled by default, as well as an update to "Calibrate Control Sticks".
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis Games Coming to Nintendo Switch Online
A new subscription tier for Nintendo Switch Online was announced during todays Nintendo Direct, which will give you the ability to play a selection of Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games!

The new tier will roll out some time in October, although no pricing was given. If you're looking to experience these games with their original controllers, Nintendo Switch Online members can purchase a Nintendo 64 controller and/or a Sega Genesis Control Pad for $49.99 each. There will also be additional Nintendo 64 games added over time, so don't give up hope if one of your favourites didn't make the cut!

What do you think about the games being offered? Does the pay wall turn you off from the offerings, or will you happily subscribe to the higher tier if the price is right?
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis Games Coming to Nintendo Switch Online
A new subscription tier for Nintendo Switch Online was announced during todays Nintendo Direct, which will give you the ability to play a selection of Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games!

The new tier will roll out some time in October, although no pricing was given. If you're looking to experience these games with their original controllers, Nintendo Switch Online members can purchase a Nintendo 64 controller and/or a Sega Genesis Control Pad for $49.99 each. There will also be additional Nintendo 64 games added over time, so don't give up hope if one of your favourites didn't make the cut!

What do you think about the games being offered? Does the pay wall turn you off from the offerings, or will you happily subscribe to the higher tier if the price is right?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What If All PS4 Games Were Also On PC? Moonface 37 14,305 Jul 1st, 2021, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are There Any Cross-Gen Games You'll Wait to Play on the Newest Console Gen? Moonface 6 461 May 27th, 2021, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Monocle
  Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games? Moonface 13 2,652 Sep 28th, 2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: WrestleRacer91
  PSA: Enable 2FA on Your Nintendo Accounts Moonface 6 1,968 Apr 24th, 2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo 3DS queenzelda 4 2,059 Oct 8th, 2019, 03:37 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai