Nintendo Switch
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if they'll put any Pokemon games out on it or not. On the one hand it's an obvious choice, but on the other this is Nintendo and also Pokemon could make easy bank just selling the damn games all over again instead of putting them in a subscription service.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if they'll put any Pokemon games out on it or not. On the one hand it's an obvious choice, but on the other this is Nintendo and also Pokemon could make easy bank just selling the damn games all over again instead of putting them in a subscription service.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, they put G/S/C on the 3DS eShop, I wouldn't be shocked to see them add them there as well.

I'm with Dragonlord though; I didn't care too much for other games that weren't Pokemon on the GB/GBC, but if this leads into GBA or other classic console based emulation, I'm all for it! I actually couldn't name you a single game outside of the Pokemon franchise and Harry Potter that was on the GBC that I played Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, they put G/S/C on the 3DS eShop, I wouldn't be shocked to see them add them there as well.

I'm with Dragonlord though; I didn't care too much for other games that weren't Pokemon on the GB/GBC, but if this leads into GBA or other classic console based emulation, I'm all for it! I actually couldn't name you a single game outside of the Pokemon franchise and Harry Potter that was on the GBC that I played Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I just think about the possibility of finally having a way to play Golden Sun that doesn't require me to dig out one of my GBA SPs, or using an emulator, and it just makes me happy. Being able to play through Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age on the Switch would be orgasmic.

I'd also kill to be able to play Fire Emblem 7 and 8 on the Switch as well. Just so much goodness there to be had. Hopefully it won't take them too long to finally get to the point of adding GBA games.

My only fear is that, judging by a lot of the NES/SNES games they've added on NSO, there's going to be like one good game added for every 10 absolute garbage games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I just think about the possibility of finally having a way to play Golden Sun that doesn't require me to dig out one of my GBA SPs, or using an emulator, and it just makes me happy. Being able to play through Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age on the Switch would be orgasmic.

I'd also kill to be able to play Fire Emblem 7 and 8 on the Switch as well. Just so much goodness there to be had. Hopefully it won't take them too long to finally get to the point of adding GBA games.

My only fear is that, judging by a lot of the NES/SNES games they've added on NSO, there's going to be like one good game added for every 10 absolute garbage games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Bluetooth Audio Firmware Update

In addition to finally arriving to 2021, the 13.0.0 patch also adds firmware for your Dock: "Update Dock" added for docks with a LAN port (Lite models will not get updates with this feature). “Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode” also added, which is enabled by default, as well as an update to "Calibrate Control Sticks".
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Bluetooth Audio Firmware Update

In addition to finally arriving to 2021, the 13.0.0 patch also adds firmware for your Dock: "Update Dock" added for docks with a LAN port (Lite models will not get updates with this feature). “Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode” also added, which is enabled by default, as well as an update to "Calibrate Control Sticks".
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nintendo Switch Update 14.0.0 Adds Groups for Software!

[Image: ss-gp-switch-appgroups01.jpg]

With the latest Switch update, after 5 whole years, Nintendo has decided you are now able to group your software in any way you like! Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group, and the same software title can be added to multiple groups. 

Unfortunately, it's not on your home screen. Users will have to navigate to their Software folder, then press L to access their Groups -- around 3 button presses from bootup (Left Input, A input, L input), and there's no way to pin them to your home screen either.

[Image: ss-gp-switch-appgroups06.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nintendo Switch Update 14.0.0 Adds Groups for Software!

[Image: ss-gp-switch-appgroups01.jpg]

With the latest Switch update, after 5 whole years, Nintendo has decided you are now able to group your software in any way you like! Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group, and the same software title can be added to multiple groups. 

Unfortunately, it's not on your home screen. Users will have to navigate to their Software folder, then press L to access their Groups -- around 3 button presses from bootup (Left Input, A input, L input), and there's no way to pin them to your home screen either.

[Image: ss-gp-switch-appgroups06.jpg]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was excited to hear about folders at first but after seeing how they were implemented it may as well have not been done at all. It's so out of the way I'd be curious to know how many people will know the feature even exists without reading any patch notes. Eh

Considering Nintendo dump it into the All Software screen, it would've been better to have allowed us to assign tags to our games and then filter the All Software results by tags. Just want multi-player to show up? Demos? Backlog? Just pick the tag and it'll show just those games. Feels like that would've been better than the folder system to me.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was excited to hear about folders at first but after seeing how they were implemented it may as well have not been done at all. It's so out of the way I'd be curious to know how many people will know the feature even exists without reading any patch notes. Eh

Considering Nintendo dump it into the All Software screen, it would've been better to have allowed us to assign tags to our games and then filter the All Software results by tags. Just want multi-player to show up? Demos? Backlog? Just pick the tag and it'll show just those games. Feels like that would've been better than the folder system to me.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, I watched Hungrybox demonstrate the new update and how it doesn't work efficiently. XD The folder system would work if it actually showed up on the home page, similar to how PS4 does it. I usually use the folder to bundle stuff I know I won't use so they don't take up room, although damn why didn't I think about having one for backlog games? I must do that. XD So the games showing that I will play are easier to get to (or ones later), than have to go into All Software/Library or put in a disc/game card for it to jump to the front of the line. Nintendo really messed up there not having the folder appear on the home screen.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, I watched Hungrybox demonstrate the new update and how it doesn't work efficiently. XD The folder system would work if it actually showed up on the home page, similar to how PS4 does it. I usually use the folder to bundle stuff I know I won't use so they don't take up room, although damn why didn't I think about having one for backlog games? I must do that. XD So the games showing that I will play are easier to get to (or ones later), than have to go into All Software/Library or put in a disc/game card for it to jump to the front of the line. Nintendo really messed up there not having the folder appear on the home screen.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Receives First Major MSRP Discount

After more than 5 years in circulation, Nintendo have finally dropped the price of their flagship console by around 15% of the original launch price of $299.99. This comes after an earnings report released stating they've sold over 107 million units to date.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Receives First Major MSRP Discount

After more than 5 years in circulation, Nintendo have finally dropped the price of their flagship console by around 15% of the original launch price of $299.99. This comes after an earnings report released stating they've sold over 107 million units to date.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised they would want to drop the price now just because of the chip shortages, but then again Nintendo have been taking the transition to their next system into consideration so they want to get the Switch to continue being successful without having to put as much effort towards it with game development or other stuff.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised they would want to drop the price now just because of the chip shortages, but then again Nintendo have been taking the transition to their next system into consideration so they want to get the Switch to continue being successful without having to put as much effort towards it with game development or other stuff.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oh man I would kill to get those Joy-Cons by themselves. The console as a whole looks awesome but I don't need another Switch. There is a Pro Controller too for Splatoon 3 but it's basically the Splatoon 2 one but instead of using green and pink it has blue and yellow instead.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oh man I would kill to get those Joy-Cons by themselves. The console as a whole looks awesome but I don't need another Switch. There is a Pro Controller too for Splatoon 3 but it's basically the Splatoon 2 one but instead of using green and pink it has blue and yellow instead.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
New Joy Con Sets Announced

Pastel Pink/Pastel Yellow and Pastel Purple/Pastel Green! They remind me of macarons LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
New Joy Con Sets Announced

Pastel Pink/Pastel Yellow and Pastel Purple/Pastel Green! They remind me of macarons LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Huh yes macarons, I was wondering what the colours were making me think of but couldn't picture it. XD

They're OK but currently don't have a need for them, but hey nice to have some varieties available.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Huh yes macarons, I was wondering what the colours were making me think of but couldn't picture it. XD

They're OK but currently don't have a need for them, but hey nice to have some varieties available.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
They're pretty nice colors and I'm curious now what other controllers would look like with pastel colors since I can't think of any controller that's really done this before. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
They're pretty nice colors and I'm curious now what other controllers would look like with pastel colors since I can't think of any controller that's really done this before. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe it's nothing, but I just saw someone had noticed that multiple first party Nintendo Switch games are no longer available physically from any retailer:
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Metroid Dread
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Fire Emblem: Engage
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • WarioWare: Get it Together!
  • Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
Some are old so I get it with those, but I'm surprised that Odyssey is on the list and I'm really surprised FE: Engage is on there given it only came out a year ago.

I saw some speculation it may be these games are all getting reprinted with something stating they work on both the Switch and its successor, and others mentioned Nintendo Selects could be a reason for the removal of all these games. But maybe it's also nothing and just Nintendo no longer wanting to produce copies of these games, although I doubt every retailer has run out of copies of all of these games at the same time. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe it's nothing, but I just saw someone had noticed that multiple first party Nintendo Switch games are no longer available physically from any retailer:
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Metroid Dread
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Fire Emblem: Engage
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • WarioWare: Get it Together!
  • Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
Some are old so I get it with those, but I'm surprised that Odyssey is on the list and I'm really surprised FE: Engage is on there given it only came out a year ago.

I saw some speculation it may be these games are all getting reprinted with something stating they work on both the Switch and its successor, and others mentioned Nintendo Selects could be a reason for the removal of all these games. But maybe it's also nothing and just Nintendo no longer wanting to produce copies of these games, although I doubt every retailer has run out of copies of all of these games at the same time. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder if it's possible new SKUs are being created, maybe a production company reset? Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder if it's possible new SKUs are being created, maybe a production company reset? Shrug

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 5 371 Mar 21st, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game Boy (Advance) – Nintendo Switch Online Library | MAR10 Day Additions Moonface 16 1,739 Mar 14th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 723 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,379 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
  Nintendo Switch is 5 Years Old Today Moonface 6 1,819 Mar 7th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord