Yoshi is my son
Moderators
Currently Playing
Yoshi's Crafted World | Enter The Gungeon
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 391
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 
I wonder if this will be an E3-timed announcement or they'll announce it sooner because they intend to have it out by summer. Could also be one of those "And you can buy them today!" announcements, too. I'm really interested in seeing how they approach a cheaper and "luxury" model for this console. They're already using pretty cheap parts for the base Switch so I'm unsure how you can dumb it down even more Errm
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Yoshi is my son
Currently Playing
Yoshi's Crafted World | Enter The Gungeon
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 391
I wonder if this will be an E3-timed announcement or they'll announce it sooner because they intend to have it out by summer. Could also be one of those "And you can buy them today!" announcements, too. I'm really interested in seeing how they approach a cheaper and "luxury" model for this console. They're already using pretty cheap parts for the base Switch so I'm unsure how you can dumb it down even more Errm
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Enter The Gungeon (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 669
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(04-15-2019, 02:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
They're already using pretty cheap parts for the base Switch so I'm unsure how you can dumb it down even more Errm
Ditch the dock and make it purely handheld. Taking out the dock and the components inside the Switch that have it hook up to it would probably shave off enough the price to be noticeable. You could even have it with the Joy-Cons non-detachable so it's just like half an original 2DS (no top screen) but let it still work with regular Joy-Cons so multiplayer still works for it.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Enter The Gungeon (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 669
(04-15-2019, 02:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
They're already using pretty cheap parts for the base Switch so I'm unsure how you can dumb it down even more Errm
Ditch the dock and make it purely handheld. Taking out the dock and the components inside the Switch that have it hook up to it would probably shave off enough the price to be noticeable. You could even have it with the Joy-Cons non-detachable so it's just like half an original 2DS (no top screen) but let it still work with regular Joy-Cons so multiplayer still works for it.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Currently Playing
Borderlands GOTY Edition
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
XP: 126
I've heard there's rumors of two new iterations being released. A pro and a mini.

A mini makes total sense! The Nintendo 3DS is on it's last legs, and Nintendo needs to have a cheap successor that parents would be more willing to buy for their younger child. Make it a smaller sized unibody, handheld only, and cost $200 or less, and you have a great alternative.

A pro I would hope has some increased abilities, similar to a PS4 vs PS4 Pro. This would hopefully be sold alongside the current Switch, but be offered as a their premium tiered device. Offering better frame rate, increased graphic fidelity, bigger battery life, improved dock, and higher resolution display would be great. If it's simply a Switch with a bigger screen, I'm out. I rarely play my Switch undocked (I'm in the minority)
[Image: SMBSig.gif]
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Currently Playing
Borderlands GOTY Edition
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
XP: 126
I've heard there's rumors of two new iterations being released. A pro and a mini.

A mini makes total sense! The Nintendo 3DS is on it's last legs, and Nintendo needs to have a cheap successor that parents would be more willing to buy for their younger child. Make it a smaller sized unibody, handheld only, and cost $200 or less, and you have a great alternative.

A pro I would hope has some increased abilities, similar to a PS4 vs PS4 Pro. This would hopefully be sold alongside the current Switch, but be offered as a their premium tiered device. Offering better frame rate, increased graphic fidelity, bigger battery life, improved dock, and higher resolution display would be great. If it's simply a Switch with a bigger screen, I'm out. I rarely play my Switch undocked (I'm in the minority)