God of War (Series)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Who else is a fan of the God of War series? I'm not a fan of the series so to speak (not that it's bad or anything), but I did get a huge interest in the most recent game and it so far sits as one of my games of the year and one of the best I've ever experienced. Speaking of that game...

God of War (2018) New Game Plus Mode Added
As of today, God of War (2018) has a New Game+ mode, which adds new Valkyrie attacks and armors. Here's the full list of everything the update brings:

1. Relive the adventure of Kratos and Atreus, while keeping all of your earned equipment and abilities. Start a new game with all of your armors, talismans, enchantments, Runic Attacks, skills, and yes, even weapons. [NG+ ONLY]

2. NG+ is for everyone! Upon starting a NG+ game, you will be able to select your desired difficulty – no matter which difficulty you picked for your previous playthrough. Enemies will be levelled up accordingly, so choose the amount of challenge which suits you best. [NG+ ONLY]

3. Explore new customization options with more powerful versions of existing armors, talismans and enchantments. Collect Skap Slag, a new resource used by our blacksmithing duo to craft Perfect rarity-level gear. [NG+ ONLY]

4. Forge a handful of new armor sets for both Kratos and Atreus, including some with exciting new gameplay abilities, such as a chest piece which creates massive explosions whenever Health or Rage stones are stomped on. [NG+ ONLY]

5. Push the boundaries of combat by converting certain talismans and armor sets into enchantments, creating combinations which are not possible in a standard playthrough. [NG+ ONLY]

6. Enemies can now turn elite even on “Give Me a Challenge+” difficulty. Add a new dimension to combat, even if you don’t want the ultimate challenge on “Give Me God of War+”. [NG+ ONLY]

7. Some enemies have new behaviors and attack patterns. Maybe you should see how you hold up against the Valkyries this time around? [NG+ ONLY]

8. Test your skills on timed Realm Tears. Running away won’t help you against Hel-Vikens and Revenants (once you open a rift) anymore. [NG+ ONLY]

9. Receive a new shield skin when starting a game on NG+. Unlock an additional one by completing NG+ on “Give Me God of War+” difficulty. [NG+ ONLY]

10. Repeat the New Game Plus experience as much as you’d like by starting another NG+ game from one you’ve just completed. [NG+ ONLY]

11. Engage the story the way you want to. Skip cinematics as you please on both standard and NG+ playthroughs by completing the story at least once. Experience the scenes again to catch secrets you might have missed, or simply jump right back into the action.

12. Switch out your armor pieces as much as you like without worrying. Easily transfer all enchantments from one piece of gear to another in the menu with the push of a button.

13. Many bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, such as ensuring that Parry Attacks keep Kratos safe at all times, improving the Wrath of the Frost Ancient Runic Attack, fixing inconsistencies with how enemy attacks can be parried, and much more.
You can watch 18 minutes of New Game+ footage courtesy of IGN, and why not read up about how Shuhei Yoshida was horrified the first time he played the latest God of War game.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Who else is a fan of the God of War series? I'm not a fan of the series so to speak (not that it's bad or anything), but I did get a huge interest in the most recent game and it so far sits as one of my games of the year and one of the best I've ever experienced. Speaking of that game...

God of War (2018) New Game Plus Mode Added
As of today, God of War (2018) has a New Game+ mode, which adds new Valkyrie attacks and armors. Here's the full list of everything the update brings:

1. Relive the adventure of Kratos and Atreus, while keeping all of your earned equipment and abilities. Start a new game with all of your armors, talismans, enchantments, Runic Attacks, skills, and yes, even weapons. [NG+ ONLY]

2. NG+ is for everyone! Upon starting a NG+ game, you will be able to select your desired difficulty – no matter which difficulty you picked for your previous playthrough. Enemies will be levelled up accordingly, so choose the amount of challenge which suits you best. [NG+ ONLY]

3. Explore new customization options with more powerful versions of existing armors, talismans and enchantments. Collect Skap Slag, a new resource used by our blacksmithing duo to craft Perfect rarity-level gear. [NG+ ONLY]

4. Forge a handful of new armor sets for both Kratos and Atreus, including some with exciting new gameplay abilities, such as a chest piece which creates massive explosions whenever Health or Rage stones are stomped on. [NG+ ONLY]

5. Push the boundaries of combat by converting certain talismans and armor sets into enchantments, creating combinations which are not possible in a standard playthrough. [NG+ ONLY]

6. Enemies can now turn elite even on “Give Me a Challenge+” difficulty. Add a new dimension to combat, even if you don’t want the ultimate challenge on “Give Me God of War+”. [NG+ ONLY]

7. Some enemies have new behaviors and attack patterns. Maybe you should see how you hold up against the Valkyries this time around? [NG+ ONLY]

8. Test your skills on timed Realm Tears. Running away won’t help you against Hel-Vikens and Revenants (once you open a rift) anymore. [NG+ ONLY]

9. Receive a new shield skin when starting a game on NG+. Unlock an additional one by completing NG+ on “Give Me God of War+” difficulty. [NG+ ONLY]

10. Repeat the New Game Plus experience as much as you’d like by starting another NG+ game from one you’ve just completed. [NG+ ONLY]

11. Engage the story the way you want to. Skip cinematics as you please on both standard and NG+ playthroughs by completing the story at least once. Experience the scenes again to catch secrets you might have missed, or simply jump right back into the action.

12. Switch out your armor pieces as much as you like without worrying. Easily transfer all enchantments from one piece of gear to another in the menu with the push of a button.

13. Many bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, such as ensuring that Parry Attacks keep Kratos safe at all times, improving the Wrath of the Frost Ancient Runic Attack, fixing inconsistencies with how enemy attacks can be parried, and much more.
You can watch 18 minutes of New Game+ footage courtesy of IGN, and why not read up about how Shuhei Yoshida was horrified the first time he played the latest God of War game.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I’m a fan. It was stunning when it came out on PS2. GOW2 pushes the PS2 so hard it was unthinkable that the system could even pull off such scale and detail.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
I’m a fan. It was stunning when it came out on PS2. GOW2 pushes the PS2 so hard it was unthinkable that the system could even pull off such scale and detail.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Just a quick bump but I FINALLY finished the game and it was amazing. Also leading the tally for GOTY picks with Red Dead in second place.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Just a quick bump but I FINALLY finished the game and it was amazing. Also leading the tally for GOTY picks with Red Dead in second place.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Having played both this and RDR2, I would say GoW'18 is my personal GOTY pick. Both are great games but as a game I find this more enjoyable, and the single shot approach they took is such a simple but impressively effective technique. The main menu going straight into the game on your first time is something I've rarely seen, with Horizon being the only game to come to mind that did a seamless main menu approach, except that game went into the menu rather than out of it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Having played both this and RDR2, I would say GoW'18 is my personal GOTY pick. Both are great games but as a game I find this more enjoyable, and the single shot approach they took is such a simple but impressively effective technique. The main menu going straight into the game on your first time is something I've rarely seen, with Horizon being the only game to come to mind that did a seamless main menu approach, except that game went into the menu rather than out of it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
The very first inFAMOUS did that menu thing too.

But I haven’t played RDR2 yet so I can’t comment on its quality. GOW really did wow me and on a Pro with 4K HDR TV it really is beautiful. I don’t know if it’s my favorite in the series though. The older ones were very different but I liked them a lot too. This one has much more depth to combat though.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams

But I haven’t played RDR2 yet so I can’t comment on its quality. GOW really did wow me and on a Pro with 4K HDR TV it really is beautiful. I don’t know if it’s my favorite in the series though. The older ones were very different but I liked them a lot too. This one has much more depth to combat though.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 3rd, 2019, 03:55 AM)Metallix Wrote:
I didn't know that. Gasp

So did anyone else see that one of the artists for God of War has been doing their own interpretations of characters from Super Smash. Bros? - https://twitter.com/rafagrassetti/media
If you scroll through you'll see he's done Sonic, Bowser, Link, Samus, and Fox so far. Mewtwo will be his next one. Fox and Samus are my favourites so far because they don't stray too far from their original looks and style, whereas the others are way more stylised and are still something I'm getting used to. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 3rd, 2019, 03:55 AM)Metallix Wrote:
I didn't know that. Gasp

So did anyone else see that one of the artists for God of War has been doing their own interpretations of characters from Super Smash. Bros? - https://twitter.com/rafagrassetti/media
If you scroll through you'll see he's done Sonic, Bowser, Link, Samus, and Fox so far. Mewtwo will be his next one. Fox and Samus are my favourites so far because they don't stray too far from their original looks and style, whereas the others are way more stylised and are still something I'm getting used to. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Making of God of War (PS4) - Announcement Trailer
A week ago, Sony released a trailer announcing a making of documentary for God of War (PS4), as part of the celebrations for the one year anniversary of the game.

While you're waiting for that to release, you can grab a free God of War dynamic theme and avatar set from the PlayStation Store if you didn't do so yet (like me).

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Making of God of War (PS4) - Announcement Trailer
A week ago, Sony released a trailer announcing a making of documentary for God of War (PS4), as part of the celebrations for the one year anniversary of the game.

While you're waiting for that to release, you can grab a free God of War dynamic theme and avatar set from the PlayStation Store if you didn't do so yet (like me).
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Ahh that so cool! I still have to finish the game though and the spiderman one.

I can't help that I get distracted! D:
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Ahh that so cool! I still have to finish the game though and the spiderman one.

I can't help that I get distracted! D:
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
God of War and God of War II were awesome games back in the day that I never fully played through.

I never played God of War III as I didn't own a PS3 during the seventh generation of gaming.

But man, the reboot of God of War which I call God of War 4 was an awesome game that even a few years after playing it, I still remember it fondly.

I cannot wait until the newest God of War game hits store shelves for the next gen console; PS5 and also current gen console PS4.
WR91 Offline
Casual
God of War and God of War II were awesome games back in the day that I never fully played through.

I never played God of War III as I didn't own a PS3 during the seventh generation of gaming.

But man, the reboot of God of War which I call God of War 4 was an awesome game that even a few years after playing it, I still remember it fondly.

I cannot wait until the newest God of War game hits store shelves for the next gen console; PS5 and also current gen console PS4.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Ragnarok is coming to PS4, since only Sackboy and Horizon 2 and Miles Morales were confirmed to be cross gen titles, and if Ragnarok was going to do the same I feel Sony would've said so when they made the statement for the games I just mentioned.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Ragnarok is coming to PS4, since only Sackboy and Horizon 2 and Miles Morales were confirmed to be cross gen titles, and if Ragnarok was going to do the same I feel Sony would've said so when they made the statement for the games I just mentioned.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:27 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Hmmm. I originally thought it was. But it does make sense for it to not to since it'll definitely be a console seller when it does arrive.

It's also noted that as of now it has no official name but Ragnarok does make sense and would be a great title if I do say so myself.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:27 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Hmmm. I originally thought it was. But it does make sense for it to not to since it'll definitely be a console seller when it does arrive.

It's also noted that as of now it has no official name but Ragnarok does make sense and would be a great title if I do say so myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,921 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,970 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface