General Anime/Manga Chat
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw Promare last night with @ShiraNoMai, and if you're a fan of Studio Trigger's stuff or just want to watch a very good animated movie, I highly recommend it! Grin

If anyone else has watched Fire Force, the premise of this movie may seem like a 1 for 1 to it at the beginning, but it actually goes into some really interesting territory about prejudices and such. Nothing where the movie comes off as some political statement at all; it's just enough to get you thinking and emphasize the actions and views of the characters. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw Promare last night with @ShiraNoMai, and if you're a fan of Studio Trigger's stuff or just want to watch a very good animated movie, I highly recommend it! Grin

If anyone else has watched Fire Force, the premise of this movie may seem like a 1 for 1 to it at the beginning, but it actually goes into some really interesting territory about prejudices and such. Nothing where the movie comes off as some political statement at all; it's just enough to get you thinking and emphasize the actions and views of the characters. Smile
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Looks very Gurren Lagann so probably I need to see it, and that being a movie should be easier. Hope it'll get a DVD release or online as I doubt I'll be going to a cinema to watch, as Vue currently is showing.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Looks very Gurren Lagann so probably I need to see it, and that being a movie should be easier. Hope it'll get a DVD release or online as I doubt I'll be going to a cinema to watch, as Vue currently is showing.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 15th, 2019, 01:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It's very Gurren and Kill la Kill in parts, but not where anything feels rehashed or whatever. Basically just nods to what they've done before, such as how Galo is very Kamina looking. Absolutely get it on DVD when it comes out, it's worth it. Wink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 15th, 2019, 01:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It's very Gurren and Kill la Kill in parts, but not where anything feels rehashed or whatever. Basically just nods to what they've done before, such as how Galo is very Kamina looking. Absolutely get it on DVD when it comes out, it's worth it. Wink
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am currently on a journey I am not only watching Avatar the last airbender with Cricket, but I am also attemping to watch all of Naruto and I've been taking abreak for the last few days, but I finished up the Chunin arc and basically got to the part where Itachi & the weirdo shark man are looking to kidnap Naruto for his very foxy friend inside of him.

Sometime soon I would like to be able to do a lil write up about my thoguhts of each arc and how the characters are developing, but I honestly wonder if I'll end up liking Sasuke or not. Like early on at this point in time I am enjoying Sasuke character development and I like how hes caring about his friends, but I just know it soon all going to go to shit and he going to be like, "REVENGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" for seriously the rest of the dang series up until I get to Boruto and I'm looking forward to Borotu
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am currently on a journey I am not only watching Avatar the last airbender with Cricket, but I am also attemping to watch all of Naruto and I've been taking abreak for the last few days, but I finished up the Chunin arc and basically got to the part where Itachi & the weirdo shark man are looking to kidnap Naruto for his very foxy friend inside of him.

Sometime soon I would like to be able to do a lil write up about my thoguhts of each arc and how the characters are developing, but I honestly wonder if I'll end up liking Sasuke or not. Like early on at this point in time I am enjoying Sasuke character development and I like how hes caring about his friends, but I just know it soon all going to go to shit and he going to be like, "REVENGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" for seriously the rest of the dang series up until I get to Boruto and I'm looking forward to Borotu
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"Yuri": Boruto as an anime just constantly looks like it exists for money and nothing else every time I see it because they barely touch the story in the manga. They're like 100+ episodes in and have barely touched any manga content. For now it doesn't exist to tell a new story but just to cash in on the franchise and keep it a hot money maker. Which is business sure, but I find it hard to enjoy the show any time I see it because of that fact.

@ShiraNoMai and I are currently starting the final book for Korra, and overall I'd say the show isn't bad, but absolutely nowhere close to what Avatar was. It has moments, but I prefer how Avatar was presented as an overall package with smaller stories within it whereas Korra seems to be just about small stories and very little overarching plot across all the books.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"Yuri": Boruto as an anime just constantly looks like it exists for money and nothing else every time I see it because they barely touch the story in the manga. They're like 100+ episodes in and have barely touched any manga content. For now it doesn't exist to tell a new story but just to cash in on the franchise and keep it a hot money maker. Which is business sure, but I find it hard to enjoy the show any time I see it because of that fact.

@ShiraNoMai and I are currently starting the final book for Korra, and overall I'd say the show isn't bad, but absolutely nowhere close to what Avatar was. It has moments, but I prefer how Avatar was presented as an overall package with smaller stories within it whereas Korra seems to be just about small stories and very little overarching plot across all the books.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So for the last two days I have been on an anime kick lately on netflix so I wanted to share some random thoughts on the three animes I've watched.

1. Beastar
The basic premise is this is a world filled of furry characters and its kinda like a darker version of Zootopia but most of it takes place in a school for animals
2. BNA: Brand New Animal
The team behind little witch academia basically is giving their take on Zootopia with humans hurray! I feel like I enjoyed this one a lil more than Beastar because the visual and character design are top notch and I kinda wish they made the characters design more like they did with our main character Michiru but I kinda feel like they wanted them to stand out amongst the crowd of animals.
3. A Whisker Away
A Whisker away is an anime movie that was sold to netflix for distribution I watched the sub version and its just a really nice story I won't actually be doing any spoilers for this because its just a good film and I recommend watching it if your bored one day. The basic premise is there this girl named Miyo that is seen as eccentric and overly energetic and she has this crush on this boy named Hinode now it wouldn't be that unusual but Miyo can turn herself into a cat and I'll live it at that. I get Spirited Away vibes from this movie and if you enjoyed spirited away I feel like you'll enjoy this one too.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So for the last two days I have been on an anime kick lately on netflix so I wanted to share some random thoughts on the three animes I've watched.

1. Beastar
The basic premise is this is a world filled of furry characters and its kinda like a darker version of Zootopia but most of it takes place in a school for animals
2. BNA: Brand New Animal
The team behind little witch academia basically is giving their take on Zootopia with humans hurray! I feel like I enjoyed this one a lil more than Beastar because the visual and character design are top notch and I kinda wish they made the characters design more like they did with our main character Michiru but I kinda feel like they wanted them to stand out amongst the crowd of animals.
3. A Whisker Away
A Whisker away is an anime movie that was sold to netflix for distribution I watched the sub version and its just a really nice story I won't actually be doing any spoilers for this because its just a good film and I recommend watching it if your bored one day. The basic premise is there this girl named Miyo that is seen as eccentric and overly energetic and she has this crush on this boy named Hinode now it wouldn't be that unusual but Miyo can turn herself into a cat and I'll live it at that. I get Spirited Away vibes from this movie and if you enjoyed spirited away I feel like you'll enjoy this one too.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I keep meaning to post in here and finally remembered to do it.

So these are the anime I've been watching lately:
Digimon Adventure (the new one)
Re:Zero Season 2

I've also been watching Working here and there, and currently I'm on the third (last?) season of that show.

The new Digimon is really good so far! The one episode I thought was terribly done was the one where the countdown timer starts and everyone just....doesn't really do anything. The people in the real world just sort of stand dumbstruck looking at their phones and don't react with the panic that would absolutely happen the second that shit appeared. Also, the Digidestined also just...barely react to it for a while and then only Matt and Tai seem to give a shit to do something while the rest of the team just sits and watches. Literally everyone in that episode acted like a fucking brain dead moron. I do like how the show is sticking to the basic plot outline of the original but padding it out to make it so much better. It's nice to have surprises instead of just "Oh here's that moment just told this way".

As for Re:Zero, it's absolutely superb as always. Nothing beats watching Subaru lose his mind at something awful, but that aside the story is just so gripping. If you need at least one anime to get into, I'd totally recommend this one!

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I keep meaning to post in here and finally remembered to do it.

So these are the anime I've been watching lately:
Digimon Adventure (the new one)
Re:Zero Season 2

I've also been watching Working here and there, and currently I'm on the third (last?) season of that show.

The new Digimon is really good so far! The one episode I thought was terribly done was the one where the countdown timer starts and everyone just....doesn't really do anything. The people in the real world just sort of stand dumbstruck looking at their phones and don't react with the panic that would absolutely happen the second that shit appeared. Also, the Digidestined also just...barely react to it for a while and then only Matt and Tai seem to give a shit to do something while the rest of the team just sits and watches. Literally everyone in that episode acted like a fucking brain dead moron. I do like how the show is sticking to the basic plot outline of the original but padding it out to make it so much better. It's nice to have surprises instead of just "Oh here's that moment just told this way".

As for Re:Zero, it's absolutely superb as always. Nothing beats watching Subaru lose his mind at something awful, but that aside the story is just so gripping. If you need at least one anime to get into, I'd totally recommend this one!
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Ooh I need to watch them, I've yet to see Working's third season, any of Re:Zero but been meaning to, and knew of the new Digimon based on the original but not started that either.

I really haven't watched anything and only following One Punch Man and Chainsawman mangas. I recently bought Fairy Gone on DVD on a whim and still have other stuff I've bought but not watched yet. I've also got a Watch List on Amazon Prime with Samurai Champloo and some others on there too....ack where to find the time to watch all this?! XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Ooh I need to watch them, I've yet to see Working's third season, any of Re:Zero but been meaning to, and knew of the new Digimon based on the original but not started that either.

I really haven't watched anything and only following One Punch Man and Chainsawman mangas. I recently bought Fairy Gone on DVD on a whim and still have other stuff I've bought but not watched yet. I've also got a Watch List on Amazon Prime with Samurai Champloo and some others on there too....ack where to find the time to watch all this?! XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I find the best time to watch stuff is when you're eating a meal. Rather than something mindless, spend the time getting through something, ya know?

There's other things I want to watch but just can't make more time than what we're already dedicating to with our meals times, etc. We even have Breakfast and Boruto on Sunday mornings!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I find the best time to watch stuff is when you're eating a meal. Rather than something mindless, spend the time getting through something, ya know?

There's other things I want to watch but just can't make more time than what we're already dedicating to with our meals times, etc. We even have Breakfast and Boruto on Sunday mornings!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 3rd, 2020, 11:45 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
....ack where to find the time to watch all this?! XD
Yeah, what @ShiraNoMai said, watching it during food is a good period. That or watching it in bed while unwinding to fall asleep.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 3rd, 2020, 11:45 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
....ack where to find the time to watch all this?! XD
Yeah, what @ShiraNoMai said, watching it during food is a good period. That or watching it in bed while unwinding to fall asleep.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Out of curiosity, how do you consume your anime, EL?

Getting to the climax in ReZero finally since the dub is catching up. On 12 of 13. Shit's really hitting the fan now and I'm all here for it Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Out of curiosity, how do you consume your anime, EL?

Getting to the climax in ReZero finally since the dub is catching up. On 12 of 13. Shit's really hitting the fan now and I'm all here for it Wow
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@ShiraNoMai (both posts): I am not currently watching any anime and haven't done so since Rise of the Shield Hero episode...er when the second opening happened I think (yeah I didn't even finish it). Before that nothing really too, so I've had big gaps between anime I've watched in the past probably 3 years. I'm either watching something on YouTube, Twitch or Prime or playing a game or simply just eating my food during meals recently, so no anime at the moment. I can add it in whenever I feel like it, but just haven't yet. I suppose the habit and motivation of watching some disappeared at some point. *sigh*
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@ShiraNoMai (both posts): I am not currently watching any anime and haven't done so since Rise of the Shield Hero episode...er when the second opening happened I think (yeah I didn't even finish it). Before that nothing really too, so I've had big gaps between anime I've watched in the past probably 3 years. I'm either watching something on YouTube, Twitch or Prime or playing a game or simply just eating my food during meals recently, so no anime at the moment. I can add it in whenever I feel like it, but just haven't yet. I suppose the habit and motivation of watching some disappeared at some point. *sigh*
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone been watching the last season of Attack on Titan? It feels so much easier to consume the story compared to the manga for the part of the story they're covering now. I will say though that it has one of the weirdest openings for an anime season I've ever seen.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone been watching the last season of Attack on Titan? It feels so much easier to consume the story compared to the manga for the part of the story they're covering now. I will say though that it has one of the weirdest openings for an anime season I've ever seen.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like Isayama has an issue with storyboarding scenes, which the anime easily solves. That said, I agree 100% and love how it's being adapted so far.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like Isayama has an issue with storyboarding scenes, which the anime easily solves. That said, I agree 100% and love how it's being adapted so far.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I don't know what show it is but @"Yuri" just told me about an anime where two lesbians are labeled as cousins in the dub. Someone actually thought that was better than just being lesbians or made a really poor attempt at making lesbian relationships look wrong by attaching it to something that is unanimously disagreed with such as incest.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I don't know what show it is but @"Yuri" just told me about an anime where two lesbians are labeled as cousins in the dub. Someone actually thought that was better than just being lesbians or made a really poor attempt at making lesbian relationships look wrong by attaching it to something that is unanimously disagreed with such as incest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,899 1,616,762 1 hour ago
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,569 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,264 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,380 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale