General Anime/Manga Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh that's that one movie I saw where the protag's design reminded me of Subaru from Re:Zero, huh? I think I recall seeing KyoAni did the animation for it, right? It looked great at the time, I forget why I didn't see it in theaters... oh right it was airing around the time we got married for the first time. Damn. Is it on Crunchyroll for streaming now? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh that's that one movie I saw where the protag's design reminded me of Subaru from Re:Zero, huh? I think I recall seeing KyoAni did the animation for it, right? It looked great at the time, I forget why I didn't see it in theaters... oh right it was airing around the time we got married for the first time. Damn. Is it on Crunchyroll for streaming now? Hmm
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I know it's on Netflix both subbed and dubbed because that's how I saw it. Dunno about Crunchyroll though. I don't think so. I think it's Netflix exclusive for the west.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I know it's on Netflix both subbed and dubbed because that's how I saw it. Dunno about Crunchyroll though. I don't think so. I think it's Netflix exclusive for the west.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, it turns out that the lead writer of Digimon Tamers is a far-right dickhead, and has co-opted the Tamers sequel they were writing to spout propoganda and insult anyone remotely left of their position. So...guess I hate Tamers, now!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, it turns out that the lead writer of Digimon Tamers is a far-right dickhead, and has co-opted the Tamers sequel they were writing to spout propoganda and insult anyone remotely left of their position. So...guess I hate Tamers, now!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 3rd, 2021, 09:50 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
What you said reminded me of this thread we have. XD
My views on Tamers itself isn't going to change because of the views of the writer that came about however long after the show ended (or even during it). I'm more disappointed that Tamers might have got a decent sequel and clearly that's not going to happen now. Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 3rd, 2021, 09:50 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
What you said reminded me of this thread we have. XD
My views on Tamers itself isn't going to change because of the views of the writer that came about however long after the show ended (or even during it). I'm more disappointed that Tamers might have got a decent sequel and clearly that's not going to happen now. Sad
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, the problem is that people sre dickheads, and they'll take any chance to say "you are defending a thing, therefore EVERYTHING RELATED TO IT YOU MUST AGREE WITH OR ELSE YOU'RE WRONG!" So, yeah, I'm just taking the path of least resistance, because people don't understand nuance anymore on the internet. It's this same exact reason that I called Invading thr Soviet Union in my Operation Darkness rant "the largest mistake of the entire war." I didn't want to deal with jackasses coming out of the woodwork, saying I believe the myth that America won the war.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, the problem is that people sre dickheads, and they'll take any chance to say "you are defending a thing, therefore EVERYTHING RELATED TO IT YOU MUST AGREE WITH OR ELSE YOU'RE WRONG!" So, yeah, I'm just taking the path of least resistance, because people don't understand nuance anymore on the internet. It's this same exact reason that I called Invading thr Soviet Union in my Operation Darkness rant "the largest mistake of the entire war." I didn't want to deal with jackasses coming out of the woodwork, saying I believe the myth that America won the war.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Who remembers the Pokémon Origins episodes? Here we go again, but this time Sword & Shield gets the treatment! Although here the story already jumps well into the game's plot with Eternatus and the set up before the Champion battle:

Really well animated just like Origins, and again if only the "proper" Pokémon show was like this, dang. Perhaps subsequent episode(s) show what happened before the events, then the League battle against Leon happens, or it just immediately goes there next?

EDIT: OK, there's a whole playlist I wasn't aware of before I randomly found this one, but seems to be not in order of games released, plus some odd 20+ minute ones. Ahhh, whatever just thought the first one I found was cool, it was recently released so perhaps some of you have already watched others in this playlist.

EDIT2: Forgot to link the playlist. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Who remembers the Pokémon Origins episodes? Here we go again, but this time Sword & Shield gets the treatment! Although here the story already jumps well into the game's plot with Eternatus and the set up before the Champion battle:

Really well animated just like Origins, and again if only the "proper" Pokémon show was like this, dang. Perhaps subsequent episode(s) show what happened before the events, then the League battle against Leon happens, or it just immediately goes there next?

EDIT: OK, there's a whole playlist I wasn't aware of before I randomly found this one, but seems to be not in order of games released, plus some odd 20+ minute ones. Ahhh, whatever just thought the first one I found was cool, it was recently released so perhaps some of you have already watched others in this playlist.

EDIT2: Forgot to link the playlist. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll split this out when I'm not on mobile but Evolutions is not dedicated to Sw/Sh like Twilight Wings was. Evolutions is a series of shorts that cover an event from every mainline game; this game just gets first because it's the most recent and therefore easy to use for marketing. The trailer shows the key events each of the eight episodes will cover:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll split this out when I'm not on mobile but Evolutions is not dedicated to Sw/Sh like Twilight Wings was. Evolutions is a series of shorts that cover an event from every mainline game; this game just gets first because it's the most recent and therefore easy to use for marketing. The trailer shows the key events each of the eight episodes will cover:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I enjoy that this was a neat snapshot into the mind of Leon, the Champion with the heavy burden on his shoulder. If he couldn't defeat the ultimate legendary Eternatus, and this kid that I'm about to face could, how can I live up to my name?
Do wish they spent the time they had on the episode less focused on the uninteresting details of his memory and more about the struggles and his perspective on everything, even into the battle with Player.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I enjoy that this was a neat snapshot into the mind of Leon, the Champion with the heavy burden on his shoulder. If he couldn't defeat the ultimate legendary Eternatus, and this kid that I'm about to face could, how can I live up to my name?
Do wish they spent the time they had on the episode less focused on the uninteresting details of his memory and more about the struggles and his perspective on everything, even into the battle with Player.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the episode could have told its story a lot better than it did.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the episode could have told its story a lot better than it did.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Bleach's final arc "The Thousand Year Blood War" finally got a PV yesterday and it's pretty damn hype!

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Bleach's final arc "The Thousand Year Blood War" finally got a PV yesterday and it's pretty damn hype!

Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
The only anime I ever got into was Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, but I've never really even tried to watch other animes.

I have a Yu-Gi-Oh manga novel purchased on my iPhone, but I could never go through and read it.

My brother is 100 times more of an anime freak than I am.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
The only anime I ever got into was Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, but I've never really even tried to watch other animes.

I have a Yu-Gi-Oh manga novel purchased on my iPhone, but I could never go through and read it.

My brother is 100 times more of an anime freak than I am.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Pokémon and Digimon were the first anime I saw if going back that far as a kid, and did take a while for me to know what anime truly was until mid-late teens.

Ooh, OK the art on that Bleach PV, if it's going to be animated like that I may be tempted to watch it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Pokémon and Digimon were the first anime I saw if going back that far as a kid, and did take a while for me to know what anime truly was until mid-late teens.

Ooh, OK the art on that Bleach PV, if it's going to be animated like that I may be tempted to watch it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The first animes I watched were Pokemon, Digimon, and Dragonball Z. I didn't know they were anime at the time I was watching them though. Tongue

@Cory: Are you a Star Wars fan? If so I'd suggest the Visions series they did if you want an easy anime to get into since they're all singular episodes and all feature different studios.

As for Bleach, the animation looks sick! I really hope they fix some of the story issues though; if not, the animation and the fights for it is really all that's going to carry this last arc because the rest of it was garbage or just unfinished.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The first animes I watched were Pokemon, Digimon, and Dragonball Z. I didn't know they were anime at the time I was watching them though. Tongue

@Cory: Are you a Star Wars fan? If so I'd suggest the Visions series they did if you want an easy anime to get into since they're all singular episodes and all feature different studios.

As for Bleach, the animation looks sick! I really hope they fix some of the story issues though; if not, the animation and the fights for it is really all that's going to carry this last arc because the rest of it was garbage or just unfinished.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I saw Funimation showed their next lineup for animes and one of them is Season 2 of Princess Connect ReGrinive!. I didn't even know they had brought season 1 over, so I'm gonna have to go watch that and then Season 2. I really enjoyed what I played of the Princess Connect game, and while I dropped it due to not having the time to dedicate to it/refusal to whale on it, I did enjoy the characters. So I'm sure it's an anime series I'd love to watch.

Now that I'll have a gaming PC, and once I get a second monitor, I can definitely start getting back into watching anime while I game. Maybe catch up on some of the good series I've missed over all the years.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I saw Funimation showed their next lineup for animes and one of them is Season 2 of Princess Connect ReGrinive!. I didn't even know they had brought season 1 over, so I'm gonna have to go watch that and then Season 2. I really enjoyed what I played of the Princess Connect game, and while I dropped it due to not having the time to dedicate to it/refusal to whale on it, I did enjoy the characters. So I'm sure it's an anime series I'd love to watch.

Now that I'll have a gaming PC, and once I get a second monitor, I can definitely start getting back into watching anime while I game. Maybe catch up on some of the good series I've missed over all the years.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
When was the last time you watched anime @Dragon Lord? Gasp

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
When was the last time you watched anime @Dragon Lord? Gasp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,621,721 Yesterday, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,593 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,287 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,387 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale