General Anime/Manga Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm considering starting up some series myself when I'm at the gym. I like music, but I find myself wanting to look at something while I treadmill away for 1/2 hour. Have to give it more thought.

I second Moony's Star Wars Visions recc. They're only 10-15 minutes long and well worth the eyeball time IMO
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm considering starting up some series myself when I'm at the gym. I like music, but I find myself wanting to look at something while I treadmill away for 1/2 hour. Have to give it more thought.

I second Moony's Star Wars Visions recc. They're only 10-15 minutes long and well worth the eyeball time IMO
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Dec 24th, 2021, 11:53 PM)Moonface Wrote:
When was the last time you watched anime @Dragon Lord? Gasp

A few years ago when Crunchyroll had their week-long anime marathon on Twitch. Funny enough, the only reason I even watched any of the anime during that time was because I had thrown out my back and was stuck mostly in bed for that entire week, so it gave me something to watch while I was down.

It worked out well in the end for me though, because it allowed me to watch the entire first seasons of New Game!, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Gabrielle Dropout, all of which I ended up loving. Especially New Game!, as I can say that probably became my favorite series I've ever seen. Just absolute loved how comfy it was and Aoba is an absolute cutie. Need to watch the second season still (and the second season of Dragon Maid).

Hopefully I can get myself back into anime really heavily now. Like I said, having a dual monitor set-up should work perfectly to get myself to do it, as I can watch anime on one monitor while still being able to game on another. I mean, I could do that now with gaming on my TV and watching anime on my laptop, but my laptop is usually being consumed by running an Android emulator to play Azur Lane or Arknights on, so having a PC that can handle running an Android emulator while also streaming anime will be a nice boost. 

I have a lot of catching up to do in the anime world if I want to get back into it though, haha. 15+ years of it to do.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Dec 24th, 2021, 11:53 PM)Moonface Wrote:
When was the last time you watched anime @Dragon Lord? Gasp

A few years ago when Crunchyroll had their week-long anime marathon on Twitch. Funny enough, the only reason I even watched any of the anime during that time was because I had thrown out my back and was stuck mostly in bed for that entire week, so it gave me something to watch while I was down.

It worked out well in the end for me though, because it allowed me to watch the entire first seasons of New Game!, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Gabrielle Dropout, all of which I ended up loving. Especially New Game!, as I can say that probably became my favorite series I've ever seen. Just absolute loved how comfy it was and Aoba is an absolute cutie. Need to watch the second season still (and the second season of Dragon Maid).

Hopefully I can get myself back into anime really heavily now. Like I said, having a dual monitor set-up should work perfectly to get myself to do it, as I can watch anime on one monitor while still being able to game on another. I mean, I could do that now with gaming on my TV and watching anime on my laptop, but my laptop is usually being consumed by running an Android emulator to play Azur Lane or Arknights on, so having a PC that can handle running an Android emulator while also streaming anime will be a nice boost. 

I have a lot of catching up to do in the anime world if I want to get back into it though, haha. 15+ years of it to do.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Man, this year in anime was AWESOME. Mushoku Tensei alone made it an excellent year. I know I'm an isekai fan boy but this is the best isekai novel that's been written and it finally got an anime and it was done so fucking well. They made a whole new studio dedicated JUST to making this show and they blew it out of the water. Visuals, accuracy to source, and pace are all being done so fucking well. I'm just gonna link some scenes here:

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Man, this year in anime was AWESOME. Mushoku Tensei alone made it an excellent year. I know I'm an isekai fan boy but this is the best isekai novel that's been written and it finally got an anime and it was done so fucking well. They made a whole new studio dedicated JUST to making this show and they blew it out of the water. Visuals, accuracy to source, and pace are all being done so fucking well. I'm just gonna link some scenes here:

Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
(Dec 24th, 2021, 06:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@Cory: Are you a Star Wars fan? If so I'd suggest the Visions series they did if you want an easy anime to get into since they're all singular episodes and all feature different studios.
My father is the Star Wars nerd of the family, he has half his room covered in Star Wars merchandise. I like Star Wars, but I prefer fantasy like LOTR, Vikings, and GOT.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
(Dec 24th, 2021, 06:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@Cory: Are you a Star Wars fan? If so I'd suggest the Visions series they did if you want an easy anime to get into since they're all singular episodes and all feature different studios.
My father is the Star Wars nerd of the family, he has half his room covered in Star Wars merchandise. I like Star Wars, but I prefer fantasy like LOTR, Vikings, and GOT.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Dec 29th, 2021, 07:57 AM)Monocle Wrote:

Ya know, I watched the first few episodes of this. I REALLY want to like it, but god I'm so uncomfortable with 25 year old man in baby's body interacting with and having thoughts about the young women in the series. It's so gross and weird. If he just stopped making leery comments, it'd be an amazing show. I just... I can't with that guy, man.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Dec 29th, 2021, 07:57 AM)Monocle Wrote:

Ya know, I watched the first few episodes of this. I REALLY want to like it, but god I'm so uncomfortable with 25 year old man in baby's body interacting with and having thoughts about the young women in the series. It's so gross and weird. If he just stopped making leery comments, it'd be an amazing show. I just... I can't with that guy, man.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Dec 30th, 2021, 04:33 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

yeah, everyone hates that part. It is hard to stomach but there's a lot more to catch than that. 

I will put it in spoilers but I've been reading the novel as well and so far I've gotten:

That's not even halfway through the novel. I'm on volume 12 of 24 so it's fucking insane as the story goes on. The beginning is rough shit because he's still a disgusting lolicon but as his new life matures, so does his personality from his old. life. His character growth is one of the things cited as the novel's strong points.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Dec 30th, 2021, 04:33 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

yeah, everyone hates that part. It is hard to stomach but there's a lot more to catch than that. 

I will put it in spoilers but I've been reading the novel as well and so far I've gotten:

That's not even halfway through the novel. I'm on volume 12 of 24 so it's fucking insane as the story goes on. The beginning is rough shit because he's still a disgusting lolicon but as his new life matures, so does his personality from his old. life. His character growth is one of the things cited as the novel's strong points.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I decided to watch Blend-S last night and I am amused by it, but somethings abuot it get a bit creepy as you get older, but I shall never forget the Euroaboo truly she is one of a kind.

If only the colonel sanders dating sim was out when this story was released it would of been amazing!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I decided to watch Blend-S last night and I am amused by it, but somethings abuot it get a bit creepy as you get older, but I shall never forget the Euroaboo truly she is one of a kind.

If only the colonel sanders dating sim was out when this story was released it would of been amazing!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 28th, 2021, 08:49 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
...Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid...
I've seen the Crunchyroll Twitter showcase that show a few times recently, and it looked interesting. Am I right that it has good fight scenes and such in it?

So have you been using that second monitor for anime yet? Tongue
And what anime that's old do you want to catch up on?

Anyone been watching the final final season of Attack on Titan at all? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
...Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid...
I've seen the Crunchyroll Twitter showcase that show a few times recently, and it looked interesting. Am I right that it has good fight scenes and such in it?

So have you been using that second monitor for anime yet? Tongue
And what anime that's old do you want to catch up on?

Anyone been watching the final final season of Attack on Titan at all? Smile
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As much as the opening is sick, I don't feel the need to watch AoT. I'm way behind, I only finished up to S2 and that's it and have no plans to continue watching at the moment. I still haven't picked any other anime to watch yet either so, eh. *shrugs* I probably forgot about what I might've said I'd do in my last post too. XD

EDIT: Ah well last two posts was on the Bleach PV then Pokémon I found on YT and before those it was about not watching anything for a while, which is still the case, yup. I need to at least finish up Samurai Champloo as that returned to Prime, but that has been for some time so hope it's still there.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As much as the opening is sick, I don't feel the need to watch AoT. I'm way behind, I only finished up to S2 and that's it and have no plans to continue watching at the moment. I still haven't picked any other anime to watch yet either so, eh. *shrugs* I probably forgot about what I might've said I'd do in my last post too. XD

EDIT: Ah well last two posts was on the Bleach PV then Pokémon I found on YT and before those it was about not watching anything for a while, which is still the case, yup. I need to at least finish up Samurai Champloo as that returned to Prime, but that has been for some time so hope it's still there.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Boy, only up to season 2? Sir it is honestly a different show at this point XD It takes a wildly different direction--think Kill La Kill first season then second season levels LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Boy, only up to season 2? Sir it is honestly a different show at this point XD It takes a wildly different direction--think Kill La Kill first season then second season levels LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 22nd, 2022, 12:04 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
With how complex the story becomes, it might be best you didn't keep up and instead pick the show back up in one lump sum. A lot of groundwork gets laid down that can make certain situations or characters hard to remember by the time they came up again when the anime was having breaks between seasons and so it would feel like a long time before something would come back around.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 22nd, 2022, 12:04 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
With how complex the story becomes, it might be best you didn't keep up and instead pick the show back up in one lump sum. A lot of groundwork gets laid down that can make certain situations or characters hard to remember by the time they came up again when the anime was having breaks between seasons and so it would feel like a long time before something would come back around.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't the feel the need since I followed the manga online after season 2 because I couldn't wait anymore. Did the same with Gintama too after watching up until a certain point, went to the manga, did momentarily go back to the anime for a while but stopped there too, and absolutely would love finish it up as that came to an end in the anime last year. I don't follow manga much either anymore so jumping into an anime could be easier, but I just don't at the moment unfortunately.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't the feel the need since I followed the manga online after season 2 because I couldn't wait anymore. Did the same with Gintama too after watching up until a certain point, went to the manga, did momentarily go back to the anime for a while but stopped there too, and absolutely would love finish it up as that came to an end in the anime last year. I don't follow manga much either anymore so jumping into an anime could be easier, but I just don't at the moment unfortunately.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you plan to just pick up where you left off then at least recap a few parts because there are characters I've seen in this last season and I was like "Who the hell are you?" and they hadn't shown up for like two entire seasons. It doesn't make it so you end up clueless mind you, but if you want to avoid being dumbfounded at parts on who's who then a recap of the characters will be helpful, especially as the cast only grows as AoT progresses to ridiculous levels.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you plan to just pick up where you left off then at least recap a few parts because there are characters I've seen in this last season and I was like "Who the hell are you?" and they hadn't shown up for like two entire seasons. It doesn't make it so you end up clueless mind you, but if you want to avoid being dumbfounded at parts on who's who then a recap of the characters will be helpful, especially as the cast only grows as AoT progresses to ridiculous levels.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Started up the new Digimon series, Digimon: Ghost Game. It's honestly pretty damn good. Very reminiscent of Tamers (S3), but has a fresh feel in its own way. I've been reading folks saying it's a slow start but I appreciate them taking time to develop and introduce concepts and characters into the lore. It's on a temp hiatus at the moment cuz some asshole decided to hack Toei Animation studiosRolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Started up the new Digimon series, Digimon: Ghost Game. It's honestly pretty damn good. Very reminiscent of Tamers (S3), but has a fresh feel in its own way. I've been reading folks saying it's a slow start but I appreciate them taking time to develop and introduce concepts and characters into the lore. It's on a temp hiatus at the moment cuz some asshole decided to hack Toei Animation studiosRolleyes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 12th, 2022, 04:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I didn't know about the Toei hack. I don't really understand why it caused a delay in the episodes airing though, since the article makes it sound like the episodes are finished and ready to be released, unless somehow all the episodes are locked behind whatever was hacked which sounds like awful practice only because it gives me the impression that both the originals and the backups are sharing a space. Unsure

I have to agree with everything you said about Ghost Game though; it is very good so far and when I first read about the concept for the series it didn't sound very promising, but the execution is far better than the on-paper pitch. I also like that the show seems to be heading towards having every character matter, rather than the more recent Digimon seasons where everything just gets funneled into the main character and everyone else just exists. I dropped Xros Wars primarily because of that, and Adventure Remake got so bad with it I actively grew to hate Tai. I really hope GG turns out good overall though; Digimon hasn't really put out a good season since Frontier and this feels promising even though I went in with very low expectations due to the issues I've had with the seasons that came before it.

Also as a side note, I love that Attack on Titan announces a final season and then proceeds to split it into three parts/seasons. Should've just named it "Final Arc" instead because at least then the gaps wouldn't contradict the name. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 12th, 2022, 04:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I didn't know about the Toei hack. I don't really understand why it caused a delay in the episodes airing though, since the article makes it sound like the episodes are finished and ready to be released, unless somehow all the episodes are locked behind whatever was hacked which sounds like awful practice only because it gives me the impression that both the originals and the backups are sharing a space. Unsure

I have to agree with everything you said about Ghost Game though; it is very good so far and when I first read about the concept for the series it didn't sound very promising, but the execution is far better than the on-paper pitch. I also like that the show seems to be heading towards having every character matter, rather than the more recent Digimon seasons where everything just gets funneled into the main character and everyone else just exists. I dropped Xros Wars primarily because of that, and Adventure Remake got so bad with it I actively grew to hate Tai. I really hope GG turns out good overall though; Digimon hasn't really put out a good season since Frontier and this feels promising even though I went in with very low expectations due to the issues I've had with the seasons that came before it.

Also as a side note, I love that Attack on Titan announces a final season and then proceeds to split it into three parts/seasons. Should've just named it "Final Arc" instead because at least then the gaps wouldn't contradict the name. Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,590,467 11 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,401 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,177 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,333 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale