General Anime/Manga Chat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'll watch it just to see some of the fights animated, so I'll let you know if the story changes at all. Wink

Been watching Digimon Tamers lately and just got to the beginning of the D-Reaper arc, and man the writing for the dub is something else. Up until now it was mostly the one liners standing out for obviously exclusive dub writing but last night I got to the episode with the Irish tree Digimon and dear lord is it horrifically stereotypical. I'd love to know what was going through the dub writers heads when they handled that character. Blink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'll watch it just to see some of the fights animated, so I'll let you know if the story changes at all. Wink

Been watching Digimon Tamers lately and just got to the beginning of the D-Reaper arc, and man the writing for the dub is something else. Up until now it was mostly the one liners standing out for obviously exclusive dub writing but last night I got to the episode with the Irish tree Digimon and dear lord is it horrifically stereotypical. I'd love to know what was going through the dub writers heads when they handled that character. Blink
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The dub writers had a lot of fun with writing the English script. It's not helped that I've noticed it's mostly done by the VA's themselves, which lends itself to probably loads of freedom to fuck around with.

Finally saw the first two episodes of the new Bleach arc that just started airing, after 10 years of radio silence. It's absolutely gorgeous to look at and sounds amazing. It's also significantly darker than any Bleach anime I recall. Way more gore involved now Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The dub writers had a lot of fun with writing the English script. It's not helped that I've noticed it's mostly done by the VA's themselves, which lends itself to probably loads of freedom to fuck around with.

Finally saw the first two episodes of the new Bleach arc that just started airing, after 10 years of radio silence. It's absolutely gorgeous to look at and sounds amazing. It's also significantly darker than any Bleach anime I recall. Way more gore involved now Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I saw a preview for Simpons version of Deathnote and I might actually watch it. xD

[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I saw a preview for Simpons version of Deathnote and I might actually watch it. xD

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Episode 1 of the Arknights anime premiers tomorrow on Crunchyroll! Super hyped. I haven't looked into whether or not I'll need to subscribe to Crunchyroll to be able to watch the stream of it, but even if I have to, 100% worth paying thew price of admission for Arknights.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Episode 1 of the Arknights anime premiers tomorrow on Crunchyroll! Super hyped. I haven't looked into whether or not I'll need to subscribe to Crunchyroll to be able to watch the stream of it, but even if I have to, 100% worth paying thew price of admission for Arknights.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 24th, 2022, 06:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, the new Bleach is leaps and bounds beyond anything else that has been done with the series in terms of animation quality. I'm still hoping for some changes to the later parts of the arc since it's clear Kubo just tossed out whatever he could, and given how the first three episodes have made changes and edits to expand or streamline things it gives me the feeling that they're trying to get the front half covered quickly and efficiently to give more time to more expansive changes in the later half.
As for the darker tone, I expect that's due to the lack of needing to animate for TV ratings. Not having the restrictions that brings onto everything (see: any anime that goes to Disney and gets the life censored out of it) clearly allows for a lot more freedom and I can't imagine a lot of the scenes working without it.

Also, regardless of whether anyone else who has had interest in Bleach watches the final arc or not, I implore you to at least watch this beautiful sequence that goes through the entire history of Bleach that airs at the end of the first episode of TYBW:

(Oct 27th, 2022, 08:48 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

I saw this too, along with another snippet yesterday on Twitter where Ryuk gets introduced. No idea where it's airing in full or when but if it's available to me I might give it a bash.

(Oct 28th, 2022, 03:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't know if they still do it, but I know back in the day Shira would give me a special code that gave me access to Crunchyroll content for a limited period of time. If that's still a thing and depending on how long it lasts for maybe she could toss you one of those codes. @ShiraNoMai

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 24th, 2022, 06:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, the new Bleach is leaps and bounds beyond anything else that has been done with the series in terms of animation quality. I'm still hoping for some changes to the later parts of the arc since it's clear Kubo just tossed out whatever he could, and given how the first three episodes have made changes and edits to expand or streamline things it gives me the feeling that they're trying to get the front half covered quickly and efficiently to give more time to more expansive changes in the later half.
As for the darker tone, I expect that's due to the lack of needing to animate for TV ratings. Not having the restrictions that brings onto everything (see: any anime that goes to Disney and gets the life censored out of it) clearly allows for a lot more freedom and I can't imagine a lot of the scenes working without it.

Also, regardless of whether anyone else who has had interest in Bleach watches the final arc or not, I implore you to at least watch this beautiful sequence that goes through the entire history of Bleach that airs at the end of the first episode of TYBW:

(Oct 27th, 2022, 08:48 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

I saw this too, along with another snippet yesterday on Twitter where Ryuk gets introduced. No idea where it's airing in full or when but if it's available to me I might give it a bash.

(Oct 28th, 2022, 03:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't know if they still do it, but I know back in the day Shira would give me a special code that gave me access to Crunchyroll content for a limited period of time. If that's still a thing and depending on how long it lasts for maybe she could toss you one of those codes. @ShiraNoMai
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Huh, that Simpsons Death Note actually looks good, and expected Lisa to possibly play the role of L but also works in a sense as Light too. So makes me wonder who's L.

Ah yes, I've seen the opening and that particular ending sequence for Bleach TYBW. That did strike something in me, so good.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Huh, that Simpsons Death Note actually looks good, and expected Lisa to possibly play the role of L but also works in a sense as Light too. So makes me wonder who's L.

Ah yes, I've seen the opening and that particular ending sequence for Bleach TYBW. That did strike something in me, so good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 28th, 2022, 08:55 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Assuming it'll be someone who is roughly her age, my first guess would be Milhouse. I did consider Bart but he doesn't really fit the role. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 28th, 2022, 08:55 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Assuming it'll be someone who is roughly her age, my first guess would be Milhouse. I did consider Bart but he doesn't really fit the role. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot this dropped a few weeks ago and just remembered to watch it; the trailer for Part 2 of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War, which airs next month!

I was rather eh on the trailer at first until it reaches 0:45 and then the whole thing just slaps! Wow

There's also the new season of The Devil is a Part-Timer airing next month too, but I've not managed to find a trailer for it yet that's subbed or any real news on what the season might cover at all. Still, I'm just happy that for whatever reason this anime got picked up again after a ten year hiatus and that it isn't going to take another ten years for a third season. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot this dropped a few weeks ago and just remembered to watch it; the trailer for Part 2 of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War, which airs next month!

I was rather eh on the trailer at first until it reaches 0:45 and then the whole thing just slaps! Wow

There's also the new season of The Devil is a Part-Timer airing next month too, but I've not managed to find a trailer for it yet that's subbed or any real news on what the season might cover at all. Still, I'm just happy that for whatever reason this anime got picked up again after a ten year hiatus and that it isn't going to take another ten years for a third season. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I noticed a little instance of something we didn't properly get in the manga, a certain Bankai getting revealed. Visuals still look good as it should like Part 1 as well.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I noticed a little instance of something we didn't properly get in the manga, a certain Bankai getting revealed. Visuals still look good as it should like Part 1 as well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2023, 10:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Are you referring to Shinji, or someone else? I can't remember who's Bankai got shown in the manga since it's been so long and his was also the only one obviously pointed out in the trailer so I assume you mean him. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2023, 10:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Are you referring to Shinji, or someone else? I can't remember who's Bankai got shown in the manga since it's been so long and his was also the only one obviously pointed out in the trailer so I assume you mean him. Unsure
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, Shinji. I can't remember if that scene actually happened in the manga but it cut away and the actual Bankai wasn't shown, but know it was revealed in some way somewhere after that (read comments on the video). I don't want to look it up and wait until it's shown in Part 2, which will very likely get a clip of it on YouTube anyway, so I'll see then.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, Shinji. I can't remember if that scene actually happened in the manga but it cut away and the actual Bankai wasn't shown, but know it was revealed in some way somewhere after that (read comments on the video). I don't want to look it up and wait until it's shown in Part 2, which will very likely get a clip of it on YouTube anyway, so I'll see then.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I opted to look up his bio on the Bleach wiki, and it seems he didn't reveal his Bankai at all or even use it in the manga. The abilities he demonstrates in the trailer appear to be his Shikai ability of inverting everything. Interestingly the wiki doesn't give any information on his Bankai, so I assume that means Kubo has never shared it and this will be the first time we learn anything about it, let alone see it. I just hope it isn't used for the sake of showing us something we have no information about and Shinji still ends up losing badly in whatever fight he pulls that out in, or worse it just gets stolen like the rest.

Fortunately the wiki also has a nice table of what everyone's Zanpakutō is and what abilities they have, so I can easily list who hasn't achieved or revealed their Bankai:
  • Shūhei Hisagi (unrevealed)
  • Yumichika Ayasegawa (unachieved)
  • Jūshirō Ukitake (unrevealed)
  • Izuru Kira (unachieved)
  • Sōsuke Aizen (unrevealed)
  • Love Aikawa (unrevealed)
  • Momo Hinamori (unachieved)
  • Isshin Kurosaki (unrevealed)
  • Rangiku Matsumoto (unachieved)
  • Pretty much all the Visored are either unrevealed or unachieved
There were some others but they're characters who will obviously not get a Bankai fight in the anime and probably won't get a Bankai period, such as Hanataro. I was surprised to learn we never actually saw Aizen's Bankai given how prominent of a villain he was. I guess he never thought to use it against Ichigo in their final fight due to arrogance or just never even got the chance to try it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I opted to look up his bio on the Bleach wiki, and it seems he didn't reveal his Bankai at all or even use it in the manga. The abilities he demonstrates in the trailer appear to be his Shikai ability of inverting everything. Interestingly the wiki doesn't give any information on his Bankai, so I assume that means Kubo has never shared it and this will be the first time we learn anything about it, let alone see it. I just hope it isn't used for the sake of showing us something we have no information about and Shinji still ends up losing badly in whatever fight he pulls that out in, or worse it just gets stolen like the rest.

Fortunately the wiki also has a nice table of what everyone's Zanpakutō is and what abilities they have, so I can easily list who hasn't achieved or revealed their Bankai:
  • Yumichika Ayasegawa (unachieved)
  • Jūshirō Ukitake (unrevealed)
  • Izuru Kira (unachieved)
  • Sōsuke Aizen (unrevealed)
  • Love Aikawa (unrevealed)
  • Momo Hinamori (unachieved)
  • Isshin Kurosaki (unrevealed)
  • Rangiku Matsumoto (unachieved)
  • Pretty much all the Visored are either unrevealed or unachieved
There were some others but they're characters who will obviously not get a Bankai fight in the anime and probably won't get a Bankai period, such as Hanataro. I was surprised to learn we never actually saw Aizen's Bankai given how prominent of a villain he was. I guess he never thought to use it against Ichigo in their final fight due to arrogance or just never even got the chance to try it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 25th, 2023, 08:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Wait, we never actually saw it? I remember this whole build up to the reveal of it but it wasn't actually shown off? What??? Ugh. The amount of things this manga has just left hanging is absolutely bonkers.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Wait, we never actually saw it? I remember this whole build up to the reveal of it but it wasn't actually shown off? What??? Ugh. The amount of things this manga has just left hanging is absolutely bonkers.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 26th, 2023, 03:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I guess not, although I can't recall where it was that we were led to believe we would see it and then didn't. Given how rushed parts of TYBW was I wonder if this was something Kubo just wasn't able to get to showing off due to time constraints. As far as I remember Shinji doesn't even attempt to use his Bankai or brings it up in the manga. I know anyone who didn't use theirs in the first invasion were hesitant to do so later due to the risk of having it stolen so I can see why Shinji or others wouldn't use it but I also don't remember anyone with an unseen one discussing their Bankai at all, except for Hisagi as you just pointed out.

It's a shame Kira is unachieved with Bankai, since I doubt anyone in that state will get a chance to have one in the anime, because I think he could have a cool moment with one when he comes back from having that explosive bowel movement he receives.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 26th, 2023, 03:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I guess not, although I can't recall where it was that we were led to believe we would see it and then didn't. Given how rushed parts of TYBW was I wonder if this was something Kubo just wasn't able to get to showing off due to time constraints. As far as I remember Shinji doesn't even attempt to use his Bankai or brings it up in the manga. I know anyone who didn't use theirs in the first invasion were hesitant to do so later due to the risk of having it stolen so I can see why Shinji or others wouldn't use it but I also don't remember anyone with an unseen one discussing their Bankai at all, except for Hisagi as you just pointed out.

It's a shame Kira is unachieved with Bankai, since I doubt anyone in that state will get a chance to have one in the anime, because I think he could have a cool moment with one when he comes back from having that explosive bowel movement he receives.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

No idea if this is shown at the end of the two episodes that released today that make up the end of the second cour of TYBW as I haven't watched them yet, but either way I didn't expect a trailer for the next part to go out this quickly.
I can't remember if this is supposed to be the final cour for TYBW or not, but I hope it does a better job of setting up Yhwach's loss at the end of the manga. It's so poorly done I forgot anything that happens (including a fight even happening) and Uryu just comes with a deus ex machina silver arrow that after all the bullshit Yhwach does for the entire arc just negates all of it to give Ichigo a win. I never really liked how Yhwach's power is presented as he starts getting stronger and how it shoved the plot into a corner. It's like a child saying everything you do to them doesn't work because they're invincible until you shut them down with a slap to the face that cuts that shit out. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

No idea if this is shown at the end of the two episodes that released today that make up the end of the second cour of TYBW as I haven't watched them yet, but either way I didn't expect a trailer for the next part to go out this quickly.
I can't remember if this is supposed to be the final cour for TYBW or not, but I hope it does a better job of setting up Yhwach's loss at the end of the manga. It's so poorly done I forgot anything that happens (including a fight even happening) and Uryu just comes with a deus ex machina silver arrow that after all the bullshit Yhwach does for the entire arc just negates all of it to give Ichigo a win. I never really liked how Yhwach's power is presented as he starts getting stronger and how it shoved the plot into a corner. It's like a child saying everything you do to them doesn't work because they're invincible until you shut them down with a slap to the face that cuts that shit out. Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,591,132 Yesterday, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,406 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,178 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,334 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale