Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sailor Moon. It's Sailor Moon. That's a pretty famous case of moral guardians taking something and trying (and failing) to make it "more palatable".
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sailor Moon. It's Sailor Moon. That's a pretty famous case of moral guardians taking something and trying (and failing) to make it "more palatable".
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
See, my gut response is "Oh well it's old so back then gay relationships weren't as easily accepted as they are now" but you'd have been better off doing a Sappho and her friend approach if you wanted to just present it in a way that for the time was better accepted.

I'd also hope that those lines were redone to be what they're supposed to be but I won't be surprised to hear they weren't.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
See, my gut response is "Oh well it's old so back then gay relationships weren't as easily accepted as they are now" but you'd have been better off doing a Sappho and her friend approach if you wanted to just present it in a way that for the time was better accepted.

I'd also hope that those lines were redone to be what they're supposed to be but I won't be surprised to hear they weren't.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It wasn't even a line change. Like, they physically were quite close and had many "shoujo-ai" moments. But, nah, they're just REALLY close cousins, y'all. Rolleyes
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It wasn't even a line change. Like, they physically were quite close and had many "shoujo-ai" moments. But, nah, they're just REALLY close cousins, y'all. Rolleyes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't done anything related to anime for a couple of years now (since Twitch had their anime marathon), but Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Season 2 is coming up this year and I am excited. The first season was one of the ones they aired on Twitch and I loved it. Can't wait for Season 2, especially after the tragedy that look place at KyoAni in 2019. Great to see them bounce back and get Season 2 of the series out, and I'm sure it's going to be 100% dedicated to the friend and co-workers they lost. Going to be extra special watching it with that in mind.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't done anything related to anime for a couple of years now (since Twitch had their anime marathon), but Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Season 2 is coming up this year and I am excited. The first season was one of the ones they aired on Twitch and I loved it. Can't wait for Season 2, especially after the tragedy that look place at KyoAni in 2019. Great to see them bounce back and get Season 2 of the series out, and I'm sure it's going to be 100% dedicated to the friend and co-workers they lost. Going to be extra special watching it with that in mind.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Considering the amount of anime-type games you play, DL, I'm actually shocked you don't engage in more of the watching part of that type of content. Is it because you prefer the interaction of the gameplay mechanics more to occupy your free time, or something else? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Considering the amount of anime-type games you play, DL, I'm actually shocked you don't engage in more of the watching part of that type of content. Is it because you prefer the interaction of the gameplay mechanics more to occupy your free time, or something else? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's mainly because I'm always so busy playing games that I just don't have time to pay attention to anime. I don't just play one game at a time. I sit here and play something on my PS4/Switch/Vita while playing Azur Lane/Arknights on my phone and the other one via emulator on my laptop. Trying to watch anime while doing all of that would be pretty difficult, plus I'd have to use my laptop to watch it, which means giving up playing one of Arknights/Azur Lane on the emulator.

Maybe some day if I ever actually do getting a gaming PC, and if I do a dual-monitor set-up, then I'll be able to squeeze watching anime in.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's mainly because I'm always so busy playing games that I just don't have time to pay attention to anime. I don't just play one game at a time. I sit here and play something on my PS4/Switch/Vita while playing Azur Lane/Arknights on my phone and the other one via emulator on my laptop. Trying to watch anime while doing all of that would be pretty difficult, plus I'd have to use my laptop to watch it, which means giving up playing one of Arknights/Azur Lane on the emulator.

Maybe some day if I ever actually do getting a gaming PC, and if I do a dual-monitor set-up, then I'll be able to squeeze watching anime in.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Man I say this all the god damn time but you really are Keima Katsuragi XD

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tend to find time to watch when I'm eating. If I cut stream time out I'd probably be able to watch more, but can't help that live content, ya know?

Anyone start any of the new season of anime? There's lots of Season 2 updates to previous titles, and some new shit that's something else.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Man I say this all the god damn time but you really are Keima Katsuragi XD

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tend to find time to watch when I'm eating. If I cut stream time out I'd probably be able to watch more, but can't help that live content, ya know?

Anyone start any of the new season of anime? There's lots of Season 2 updates to previous titles, and some new shit that's something else.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've got really hooked on Boruto now, and not because the story is good but because it doesn't tell it as poorly as Naruto told its story. The pacing is so much better and I haven't seen an episode since I picked up Boruto that ended in a way where the episode felt like a waste and I'm left wondering how much longer until something actually happens.

Digimon on the other hand I basically dropped until it ends. I just don't even enjoy the Adventure reboot at this point and even the episode write ups on Wikipedia are a slog; it's not helped that the latest episodes basically had nothing plot related going on for a while and suddenly here's the final fight against the big bad for one episode and then back to nothing again. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've got really hooked on Boruto now, and not because the story is good but because it doesn't tell it as poorly as Naruto told its story. The pacing is so much better and I haven't seen an episode since I picked up Boruto that ended in a way where the episode felt like a waste and I'm left wondering how much longer until something actually happens.

Digimon on the other hand I basically dropped until it ends. I just don't even enjoy the Adventure reboot at this point and even the episode write ups on Wikipedia are a slog; it's not helped that the latest episodes basically had nothing plot related going on for a while and suddenly here's the final fight against the big bad for one episode and then back to nothing again. Eh
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Well... this season has Slime so I'm all over that and it has Spirit Chronicles which is a LN that I was reading so I'm excited about that too!

there's others that I might jump into but I'm not too sure at the moment. I missed so much stuff on the spring season that I keep being told up watch but video games and work. they're pulling me
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Well... this season has Slime so I'm all over that and it has Spirit Chronicles which is a LN that I was reading so I'm excited about that too!

there's others that I might jump into but I'm not too sure at the moment. I missed so much stuff on the spring season that I keep being told up watch but video games and work. they're pulling me
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't looked into any of the new anime that have come out in a while. I think the Digimon remake is the newest thing I picked up. I tend to be really bad at finding my own anime though and usually rely on someone else to feed me stuff to watch. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't looked into any of the new anime that have come out in a while. I think the Digimon remake is the newest thing I picked up. I tend to be really bad at finding my own anime though and usually rely on someone else to feed me stuff to watch. Tongue
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh? what are some of your favorites so I can figure similar stuff for you to watch!

also, because I don't talk about it enough after having seen it 4 times, twice subbed and twice dubbed, A Silent Voice needs to be watched! delves heavily into bullying, consequences of it, depression, and suicide. Excellent movie.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh? what are some of your favorites so I can figure similar stuff for you to watch!

also, because I don't talk about it enough after having seen it 4 times, twice subbed and twice dubbed, A Silent Voice needs to be watched! delves heavily into bullying, consequences of it, depression, and suicide. Excellent movie.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Part of the problem is I keep trying to get him to watch stuff but he is never in the mood to continue them. Like, we started Golden Time a few months ago and have only watched like 6 episodes so far (I've watched it already, it was at my recc that we're watching together).

I myself also haven't been keeping up with seasonals for the past 4-5 years. I used to watch seasonally but after college, my schedule got warped with the career + now having Moony IRL. My free time is utilized differently and it's making it harder to remember to care to check out the seasonals. I'm aware they exist though cuz some of my friends tell me about them, but I'm hella behind on trying to catch up with some of the best. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Part of the problem is I keep trying to get him to watch stuff but he is never in the mood to continue them. Like, we started Golden Time a few months ago and have only watched like 6 episodes so far (I've watched it already, it was at my recc that we're watching together).

I myself also haven't been keeping up with seasonals for the past 4-5 years. I used to watch seasonally but after college, my schedule got warped with the career + now having Moony IRL. My free time is utilized differently and it's making it harder to remember to care to check out the seasonals. I'm aware they exist though cuz some of my friends tell me about them, but I'm hella behind on trying to catch up with some of the best. Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My anime watching situation still hasn't improved since my last post. Actually I've seen nothing since November which was my post, and whatever time it was before that on top. Hoo boy...*looks at the DVDs in arms reach I could watch but haven't yet* XD

EDIT: I can actually I've?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My anime watching situation still hasn't improved since my last post. Actually I've seen nothing since November which was my post, and whatever time it was before that on top. Hoo boy...*looks at the DVDs in arms reach I could watch but haven't yet* XD

EDIT: I can actually I've?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 25th, 2021, 04:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I forgot about Golden Time entirely until I read this. XD
The trouble is it's not that I'm not in the mood because I don't care for the anime we're watching, it's just an effect of my depression making it hard for me to care to actually divulge in particular things for various reasons. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 25th, 2021, 04:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I forgot about Golden Time entirely until I read this. XD
The trouble is it's not that I'm not in the mood because I don't care for the anime we're watching, it's just an effect of my depression making it hard for me to care to actually divulge in particular things for various reasons. Sad
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
then A Silent Voice is perfect for y'all! if you haven't already seen it. it's a movie so only an hour and a half of your time.

i must get more people to watch it!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
then A Silent Voice is perfect for y'all! if you haven't already seen it. it's a movie so only an hour and a half of your time.

i must get more people to watch it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,591,471 Yesterday, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,407 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,179 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,334 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale