General Anime/Manga Chat
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Monster Hunter: World / Operation Darkness
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
XP: 2,880
Dark Souls Final Fantasy Super Smash Bros. 
Sailor Moon. It's Sailor Moon. That's a pretty famous case of moral guardians taking something and trying (and failing) to make it "more palatable".
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Monster Hunter: World / Operation Darkness
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
XP: 2,880
Sailor Moon. It's Sailor Moon. That's a pretty famous case of moral guardians taking something and trying (and failing) to make it "more palatable".
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 6,885
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
See, my gut response is "Oh well it's old so back then gay relationships weren't as easily accepted as they are now" but you'd have been better off doing a Sappho and her friend approach if you wanted to just present it in a way that for the time was better accepted.

I'd also hope that those lines were redone to be what they're supposed to be but I won't be surprised to hear they weren't.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 6,885
See, my gut response is "Oh well it's old so back then gay relationships weren't as easily accepted as they are now" but you'd have been better off doing a Sappho and her friend approach if you wanted to just present it in a way that for the time was better accepted.

I'd also hope that those lines were redone to be what they're supposed to be but I won't be surprised to hear they weren't.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Your Typical 9-to-5 Office Yoshi
Moderators
Currently Playing
Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 3,504
Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Doom (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
It wasn't even a line change. Like, they physically were quite close and had many "shoujo-ai" moments. But, nah, they're just REALLY close cousins, y'all. Rolleyes
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
It wasn't even a line change. Like, they physically were quite close and had many "shoujo-ai" moments. But, nah, they're just REALLY close cousins, y'all. Rolleyes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact |Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin | Moero Chronicle Hyper | Arknights | Azur Lane | Princess Connect Re:Dive
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 1,899
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku 
I haven't done anything related to anime for a couple of years now (since Twitch had their anime marathon), but Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Season 2 is coming up this year and I am excited. The first season was one of the ones they aired on Twitch and I loved it. Can't wait for Season 2, especially after the tragedy that look place at KyoAni in 2019. Great to see them bounce back and get Season 2 of the series out, and I'm sure it's going to be 100% dedicated to the friend and co-workers they lost. Going to be extra special watching it with that in mind.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact |Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin | Moero Chronicle Hyper | Arknights | Azur Lane | Princess Connect Re:Dive
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
I haven't done anything related to anime for a couple of years now (since Twitch had their anime marathon), but Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Season 2 is coming up this year and I am excited. The first season was one of the ones they aired on Twitch and I loved it. Can't wait for Season 2, especially after the tragedy that look place at KyoAni in 2019. Great to see them bounce back and get Season 2 of the series out, and I'm sure it's going to be 100% dedicated to the friend and co-workers they lost. Going to be extra special watching it with that in mind.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Considering the amount of anime-type games you play, DL, I'm actually shocked you don't engage in more of the watching part of that type of content. Is it because you prefer the interaction of the gameplay mechanics more to occupy your free time, or something else? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Considering the amount of anime-type games you play, DL, I'm actually shocked you don't engage in more of the watching part of that type of content. Is it because you prefer the interaction of the gameplay mechanics more to occupy your free time, or something else? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku 
It's mainly because I'm always so busy playing games that I just don't have time to pay attention to anime. I don't just play one game at a time. I sit here and play something on my PS4/Switch/Vita while playing Azur Lane/Arknights on my phone and the other one via emulator on my laptop. Trying to watch anime while doing all of that would be pretty difficult, plus I'd have to use my laptop to watch it, which means giving up playing one of Arknights/Azur Lane on the emulator.

Maybe some day if I ever actually do getting a gaming PC, and if I do a dual-monitor set-up, then I'll be able to squeeze watching anime in.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
It's mainly because I'm always so busy playing games that I just don't have time to pay attention to anime. I don't just play one game at a time. I sit here and play something on my PS4/Switch/Vita while playing Azur Lane/Arknights on my phone and the other one via emulator on my laptop. Trying to watch anime while doing all of that would be pretty difficult, plus I'd have to use my laptop to watch it, which means giving up playing one of Arknights/Azur Lane on the emulator.

Maybe some day if I ever actually do getting a gaming PC, and if I do a dual-monitor set-up, then I'll be able to squeeze watching anime in.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Man I say this all the god damn time but you really are Keima Katsuragi XD

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tend to find time to watch when I'm eating. If I cut stream time out I'd probably be able to watch more, but can't help that live content, ya know?

Anyone start any of the new season of anime? There's lots of Season 2 updates to previous titles, and some new shit that's something else.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Man I say this all the god damn time but you really are Keima Katsuragi XD

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tend to find time to watch when I'm eating. If I cut stream time out I'd probably be able to watch more, but can't help that live content, ya know?

Anyone start any of the new season of anime? There's lots of Season 2 updates to previous titles, and some new shit that's something else.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 1,961 508,347 9 hours ago
Last Post: Yuri
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 2,149 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale