General Anime/Manga Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
To be fair, in technical terms, this is still one "season"--it's just in multiple cours. It's silly, and no one expected this, but here comes that cash flow. ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
To be fair, in technical terms, this is still one "season"--it's just in multiple cours. It's silly, and no one expected this, but here comes that cash flow. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I'm all caught up on Digimon: Ghost Game and although the overall plot is a slow burn, the episodes have been very enjoyable barring one that ended really poorly. They did a really good job making things creepy and dark looking to match the theme the series is aiming for, which is good because I think this is the only series of Digimon that decided to outright kill humans on screen (and it isn't very pleasant when it happens XD). Gammamon is also a precious child and I would kill everyone in the room if anything happened to the sweet child. Angry
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I'm all caught up on Digimon: Ghost Game and although the overall plot is a slow burn, the episodes have been very enjoyable barring one that ended really poorly. They did a really good job making things creepy and dark looking to match the theme the series is aiming for, which is good because I think this is the only series of Digimon that decided to outright kill humans on screen (and it isn't very pleasant when it happens XD). Gammamon is also a precious child and I would kill everyone in the room if anything happened to the sweet child. Angry
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
LOOK AT THIS PRECIOUS CHILD

[Image: 4d37538eea36f5d3cc2254bf57e0f803ab8e186f.gif]

But yeah this show is pretty damn good. One of the darkest kids shows I've ever seen for sure.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

But yeah this show is pretty damn good. One of the darkest kids shows I've ever seen for sure.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
so... I'm actually gonna watch an anime based purely on its OP and how utterly catch the visuals and music are. video belooow

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
so... I'm actually gonna watch an anime based purely on its OP and how utterly catch the visuals and music are. video belooow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Going into that OP knowing nothing I definitely ended up curious to see what the anime itself is like. Without looking anything up I got the impression it's about that girl trying to be a pop star or something and the dude is like her mentor or something and they're competing against other stars?

(Apr 29th, 2022, 03:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

*insert meme of killing everyone in the room if anything happened to him*

But yeah holy hell the show has such a dark tone. It's like they took the D-Reaper arc of Tamers and fed it an entire show on steroids. XD

Has anyone watched or plans to watch Spy X Family? I saw the first episode a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, but haven't picked up watching the rest of it yet due to binging Digimon. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Going into that OP knowing nothing I definitely ended up curious to see what the anime itself is like. Without looking anything up I got the impression it's about that girl trying to be a pop star or something and the dude is like her mentor or something and they're competing against other stars?

(Apr 29th, 2022, 03:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

*insert meme of killing everyone in the room if anything happened to him*

But yeah holy hell the show has such a dark tone. It's like they took the D-Reaper arc of Tamers and fed it an entire show on steroids. XD

Has anyone watched or plans to watch Spy X Family? I saw the first episode a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, but haven't picked up watching the rest of it yet due to binging Digimon. Tongue
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
@Moonface

close enough! it's about a historical Chinese military strategist that gets reborn... reincarnated in modern day Japan. he uses his strategies to help that girl reach stardom

Also I'm soooo tempted to stay Spy x Family but I want to wait until it's over so I can binge it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
@Moonface

close enough! it's about a historical Chinese military strategist that gets reborn... reincarnated in modern day Japan. he uses his strategies to help that girl reach stardom

Also I'm soooo tempted to stay Spy x Family but I want to wait until it's over so I can binge it
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 7th, 2022, 06:26 AM)Monocle Wrote:
@Moonface

I didn't expect the guy to be a reincarnated military strategist. XD

@ShiraNoMai got me to continue Spy x Family with her the other night since she was solo watching some of it at the gym, and I absolutely love Yor (spy wife). She might be the first anime character design I've seen in a long time where teenage me would be feeling things. Just hot damn! Wow Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 7th, 2022, 06:26 AM)Monocle Wrote:
@Moonface

I didn't expect the guy to be a reincarnated military strategist. XD

@ShiraNoMai got me to continue Spy x Family with her the other night since she was solo watching some of it at the gym, and I absolutely love Yor (spy wife). She might be the first anime character design I've seen in a long time where teenage me would be feeling things. Just hot damn! Wow Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, I don't blame you. I want Yor to step on me, too Wow

Three New Avatar Films In The Works

News out of the 2022 Annecy International Animation Film Festival from a panel with the Avatar Studios revealed that there are a total of three Avatar-based movies in the works, and based on previous context, are suspected to be about: Avatar Kyoshi (2024), Prince Zuko (2025), and Korra (2026). 

[Image: 3ba25e77ac98f3867ee0623c086a93a717b3bf4a.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, I don't blame you. I want Yor to step on me, too Wow

Three New Avatar Films In The Works

News out of the 2022 Annecy International Animation Film Festival from a panel with the Avatar Studios revealed that there are a total of three Avatar-based movies in the works, and based on previous context, are suspected to be about: Avatar Kyoshi (2024), Prince Zuko (2025), and Korra (2026). 

[Image: 3ba25e77ac98f3867ee0623c086a93a717b3bf4a.jpg]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder why Korra got a movie dedicated to her but nothing for Aang. I guess maybe it's because we got a rough idea of what Aang did through LoK and he also died young which leaves little for him to do, whereas Korra is just left to imagination after the ending of LoK, assuming that's when the movie plans to take place.

Out of the three though, the Zuko movie interests me the most. He's one of the most interesting characters in the entire franchise for me. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder why Korra got a movie dedicated to her but nothing for Aang. I guess maybe it's because we got a rough idea of what Aang did through LoK and he also died young which leaves little for him to do, whereas Korra is just left to imagination after the ending of LoK, assuming that's when the movie plans to take place.

Out of the three though, the Zuko movie interests me the most. He's one of the most interesting characters in the entire franchise for me. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, so, it's not confirmed it's necessarily about Korra, but moreso it takes place during her time period/that show's setting.

And yeah the Zuko based movie is my most anticipated one for sure for the same reasons. What a great character.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, so, it's not confirmed it's necessarily about Korra, but moreso it takes place during her time period/that show's setting.

And yeah the Zuko based movie is my most anticipated one for sure for the same reasons. What a great character.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 22nd, 2022, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I just assumed it was focused on her due to the other two clearly being focused on their titular characters. It'd be odd if it's just a Legend of Korra movie though, since Avatar never got a movie and I'd expect Aang to get a movie before Korra would.

In other news, I just saw that Crunchyroll announced their Summer 2022 anime lineup, and was curious if anyone else here is interested in anything they'll be showing. Personally, I'd hyped for Devil is a Part-Timer Season 2, although I'm gonna need to re-watch the first because it's been so long. XD
I don't know much about the Dr. Stone special that's listed under the simulcasts section, and seeing it has a new character confuses me unless this special is supposed to be that characters introduction, since I know that character isn't in the anime yet. Hmm

Also I don't know if I care to watch this one but shoutout to the name "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer" for being the most amusing name of all the Summer 2022 anime. XD I also didn't know Utawarerumono had an anime; I just thought it was only a game series.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 22nd, 2022, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I just assumed it was focused on her due to the other two clearly being focused on their titular characters. It'd be odd if it's just a Legend of Korra movie though, since Avatar never got a movie and I'd expect Aang to get a movie before Korra would.

In other news, I just saw that Crunchyroll announced their Summer 2022 anime lineup, and was curious if anyone else here is interested in anything they'll be showing. Personally, I'd hyped for Devil is a Part-Timer Season 2, although I'm gonna need to re-watch the first because it's been so long. XD
I don't know much about the Dr. Stone special that's listed under the simulcasts section, and seeing it has a new character confuses me unless this special is supposed to be that characters introduction, since I know that character isn't in the anime yet. Hmm

Also I don't know if I care to watch this one but shoutout to the name "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer" for being the most amusing name of all the Summer 2022 anime. XD I also didn't know Utawarerumono had an anime; I just thought it was only a game series.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yoooooooo Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer is an AMAZING manga. I forgot that was getting an anime adaptation. Anticipate a tone like Gurren Lagann but the interesting characters of say, FMA? Hard to really place. It's been so long since I've read the manga (Like, 10 years or so). I just remember really enjoying it. My good friend Brian recommended it to me so strongly that I had to read it or else I wouldn't hear the end of it lol but it was very much worth the pressure.

The Dr. Stone and My Hero OVAs are... odd. Might be worth checking out? Who knows. Just wish they'd put the actual next seasons out and not these OVA filler things. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yoooooooo Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer is an AMAZING manga. I forgot that was getting an anime adaptation. Anticipate a tone like Gurren Lagann but the interesting characters of say, FMA? Hard to really place. It's been so long since I've read the manga (Like, 10 years or so). I just remember really enjoying it. My good friend Brian recommended it to me so strongly that I had to read it or else I wouldn't hear the end of it lol but it was very much worth the pressure.

The Dr. Stone and My Hero OVAs are... odd. Might be worth checking out? Who knows. Just wish they'd put the actual next seasons out and not these OVA filler things. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I don't mind OVA's since I'd rather a single concise filler "episode" over a filler season that just drags on.

From your description of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer I'd be down to check that out when it starts airing. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I don't mind OVA's since I'd rather a single concise filler "episode" over a filler season that just drags on.

From your description of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer I'd be down to check that out when it starts airing. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

They have to make edits to the story to fix all the stupid shit it had in this arc. You can't put animation this good onto the dumpster fire of a story that TYBW had in the manga.
I feel bad for anyone who never read the manga and is seeing this as their first look at TYBW knowing that how good the trailers make it look isn't going to be reflected in the whole thing.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

They have to make edits to the story to fix all the stupid shit it had in this arc. You can't put animation this good onto the dumpster fire of a story that TYBW had in the manga.
I feel bad for anyone who never read the manga and is seeing this as their first look at TYBW knowing that how good the trailers make it look isn't going to be reflected in the whole thing.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Agreed there has to be changes. I might watch if there is something that makes the arc better, especially the second half. I'll let other people watch first and if they say it's pretty much the same than nah. True the trailer does look good though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Agreed there has to be changes. I might watch if there is something that makes the arc better, especially the second half. I'll let other people watch first and if they say it's pretty much the same than nah. True the trailer does look good though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,591,132 Yesterday, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,406 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,178 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,334 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale