[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
[Image: 2ds_xl_updated_pic_by_queenzelda01-dclbl12.jpg]

I bought a 2DS XL for myself last weekend, as the old 2DS I have screen is broke & the wifi is crap. So far I love the 2DS XL & think of it as a fancy little handheld spaceship. xD But, there's some stuff about it that I don't like too. I mean I do love how much lighter it is then the 3DS XL's & how much smaller the side of the screen is by comparison.

Screen size comparison:
[Image: 2ds_xl_screen_width_comparison_by_queenz...clbjen.jpg]

Side by side comparison:
[Image: 2ds_xl_side_comparison_to_3ds_xl_by_quee...clbjny.jpg]

What I don't like is the dust cover;
[Image: 2ds_xl_duster_cover_compared_to_none_on_...clbkhr.jpg]

It's a pain to always have to pop it out in order to pop in a 3DS cart, seriousry why the heck is this thing here/ I mean yea, it makes the console look all nice & sleek but.. It's just a pain to have to fool with. 

*Note: My husband Jing thinks that Nintendo did this to encourage more game downloads. Which could be true. 

Something else.. Is that the 'home menu' which is on the left side of the console as shown above, makes me think that it's the 'off button' when the off button is on the right side of the console on the front. Usually with most 3DS XL's the home button is smack dab in the middle, with the 2DS XL; not so much.

*Note: Jing doesn't like how it's not very easy to grab onto the smooth sides in order to open the console up. Personally I'm fine with it, since the 3DS Galaxy is a lot like this in design.

CONCLUSION:
[Image: 2ds_xl_size_comparison_by_queenzelda01-dclbj5m.jpg]
How the 2DS stacks up.

I give the 2DS XL a 8/10. It has a few things I don't personally like about it, but as a handheld console it's great for what I need it for. Another complaint of mine is the stylus is way to small for adult hands. Be sure to purchase an extra stylus with this console if it's your first 3DS console is my advice. :3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

I bought a 2DS XL for myself last weekend, as the old 2DS I have screen is broke & the wifi is crap. So far I love the 2DS XL & think of it as a fancy little handheld spaceship. xD But, there's some stuff about it that I don't like too. I mean I do love how much lighter it is then the 3DS XL's & how much smaller the side of the screen is by comparison.

Screen size comparison:
[Image: 2ds_xl_screen_width_comparison_by_queenz...clbjen.jpg]

Side by side comparison:
[Image: 2ds_xl_side_comparison_to_3ds_xl_by_quee...clbjny.jpg]

It's a pain to always have to pop it out in order to pop in a 3DS cart, seriousry why the heck is this thing here/ I mean yea, it makes the console look all nice & sleek but.. It's just a pain to have to fool with. 

*Note: My husband Jing thinks that Nintendo did this to encourage more game downloads. Which could be true. 

Something else.. Is that the 'home menu' which is on the left side of the console as shown above, makes me think that it's the 'off button' when the off button is on the right side of the console on the front. Usually with most 3DS XL's the home button is smack dab in the middle, with the 2DS XL; not so much.

*Note: Jing doesn't like how it's not very easy to grab onto the smooth sides in order to open the console up. Personally I'm fine with it, since the 3DS Galaxy is a lot like this in design.

CONCLUSION:
[Image: 2ds_xl_size_comparison_by_queenzelda01-dclbj5m.jpg]
How the 2DS stacks up.

I give the 2DS XL a 8/10. It has a few things I don't personally like about it, but as a handheld console it's great for what I need it for. Another complaint of mine is the stylus is way to small for adult hands. Be sure to purchase an extra stylus with this console if it's your first 3DS console is my advice. :3
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
Nice! My brother [12yrs old] wants a 3DS I'll have my mom look over this thread since she's been considering getting him this one cause it's cheaper. Anything else you want to add?
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
Nice! My brother [12yrs old] wants a 3DS I'll have my mom look over this thread since she's been considering getting him this one cause it's cheaper. Anything else you want to add?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 29th, 2018, 01:44 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

It's to protect the game cartridge and prevent it from being accidentally ejected while the system is in your pocket. Not some scheme to push people into buying digital over physical.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 29th, 2018, 01:44 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

It's to protect the game cartridge and prevent it from being accidentally ejected while the system is in your pocket. Not some scheme to push people into buying digital over physical.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Maybe, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I think, maybe I just got used to the way the 3DS XL's are. Tongue

@Chloe: Yea, the 2DS XL comes with a 4GB mini SD card. I had to go looking for it since it wasn't easy to find. Come to find out it's on the left side of where you put the game cart in at. I had to google for it, cause it was so well hidden.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Maybe, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I think, maybe I just got used to the way the 3DS XL's are. Tongue

@Chloe: Yea, the 2DS XL comes with a 4GB mini SD card. I had to go looking for it since it wasn't easy to find. Come to find out it's on the left side of where you put the game cart in at. I had to google for it, cause it was so well hidden.