Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,918
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Idk, I sort of got the 'lone wolf' vibe from Brandon tbh. 

I had a zetaboards forum since 2005 or so & to have to nuke it all because of tt's aquisition hurt, a lot. I cried a good hour after wards. Yes, I saved all of our content & moved a lot more of it to the new place, but... It's a new place, it isn't the same impo. I've been trying to get back into the groove of things after the move, but sometimes it's hard, cause all of the memories of the old zb's forums is still there with old cono's just copy & pasted over. Sometimes I think maybe I shouldn't have brought over 'everything' but some stuff I wanted to save. Idk where the answer lies, but I do know one thing.. A lot of the zetaboards forums that moved, went to other software have all felt 'different' some how to me. Almost like a break of sorts, where once we were all a community united on one forum software/platform & then all of a sudden every one has scattered to the winds & you can sort of see the discconect. Er, at least I can. Idk, maybe I'm just over exagurating things but it's just how I feel atmo. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,918 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Idk, I sort of got the 'lone wolf' vibe from Brandon tbh. 

I had a zetaboards forum since 2005 or so & to have to nuke it all because of tt's aquisition hurt, a lot. I cried a good hour after wards. Yes, I saved all of our content & moved a lot more of it to the new place, but... It's a new place, it isn't the same impo. I've been trying to get back into the groove of things after the move, but sometimes it's hard, cause all of the memories of the old zb's forums is still there with old cono's just copy & pasted over. Sometimes I think maybe I shouldn't have brought over 'everything' but some stuff I wanted to save. Idk where the answer lies, but I do know one thing.. A lot of the zetaboards forums that moved, went to other software have all felt 'different' some how to me. Almost like a break of sorts, where once we were all a community united on one forum software/platform & then all of a sudden every one has scattered to the winds & you can sort of see the discconect. Er, at least I can. Idk, maybe I'm just over exagurating things but it's just how I feel atmo. Eh
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
The support board has so much history I got lost in trying to find what I wanted to save, and got overwhelmed. Hopefully the support board stays accessable to me and the other former staff.

Brandon may have been a bit of a loner, but the project was too much for him to take on alone, it was evident before the release of ZB and its few and far inbetween updates, he might have needed a project manager that kept him accountable or a team of devs to pick up his slack (and well sometimes there were good reasons like a bad DDoS we had a few years ago).

Its common for internet communties to scatter when the platform they are using doesn't fill their needs cloesly that is what happened to MySpace, to Digg, to Fark, to /., etc etc etc. We have possibily reached an age where everything is so centeralized and the centeralized powers are so powerful they kill off any compitition we may never see it happen again Eh (Google/youtube, Facebook, etc)

The community scattered instead of embrashing tapatalk because of how untrusted the brand is, I rarely saw good things about it when I googled for results and well their interactions on their supportboard at best were lackluster and at worse outright milacious. The ZB staff figured out quickly that if they tried to upload stuff for themes they would get banned by TaT for a few seconds to stop the uploads. When themers started to post about it all I saw was howdy being clueless about it and just kept on deffering it to others.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
The support board has so much history I got lost in trying to find what I wanted to save, and got overwhelmed. Hopefully the support board stays accessable to me and the other former staff.

Brandon may have been a bit of a loner, but the project was too much for him to take on alone, it was evident before the release of ZB and its few and far inbetween updates, he might have needed a project manager that kept him accountable or a team of devs to pick up his slack (and well sometimes there were good reasons like a bad DDoS we had a few years ago).

Its common for internet communties to scatter when the platform they are using doesn't fill their needs cloesly that is what happened to MySpace, to Digg, to Fark, to /., etc etc etc. We have possibily reached an age where everything is so centeralized and the centeralized powers are so powerful they kill off any compitition we may never see it happen again Eh (Google/youtube, Facebook, etc)

The community scattered instead of embrashing tapatalk because of how untrusted the brand is, I rarely saw good things about it when I googled for results and well their interactions on their supportboard at best were lackluster and at worse outright milacious. The ZB staff figured out quickly that if they tried to upload stuff for themes they would get banned by TaT for a few seconds to stop the uploads. When themers started to post about it all I saw was howdy being clueless about it and just kept on deffering it to others.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
So my board was converted today. I can even forgive TT that they gave Admin CP access to my Moderators, but I can't forgive them that they didn't give founder status to all current Admins. Now I can't even revoke the access to ACP because there are permissions in that usergroup that only a founder can change.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
So my board was converted today. I can even forgive TT that they gave Admin CP access to my Moderators, but I can't forgive them that they didn't give founder status to all current Admins. Now I can't even revoke the access to ACP because there are permissions in that usergroup that only a founder can change.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 8th, 2018, 09:18 AM)Nemomon Wrote:
What the hell that a security issue.

Why do moderators even get admin access by default Tapacrap?!

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Sep 8th, 2018, 12:31 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Tbh I have no idea why. It appears that admin access have administrator and global moderator usergroups. Fun fact is that one of that mods disabled the chat without telling anything anybody... Although I can forgive them that because if I didn't trust them, I would not give them a moderator rank. But the only odd thing in this situation is that either I will have to revoke their access to ACP (and then they might stop liking me) or make them admins. But first I must get the founder status...
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Sep 8th, 2018, 12:31 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Tbh I have no idea why. It appears that admin access have administrator and global moderator usergroups. Fun fact is that one of that mods disabled the chat without telling anything anybody... Although I can forgive them that because if I didn't trust them, I would not give them a moderator rank. But the only odd thing in this situation is that either I will have to revoke their access to ACP (and then they might stop liking me) or make them admins. But first I must get the founder status...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So in theory every staff member on the migrated support board could have Admin CP access? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So in theory every staff member on the migrated support board could have Admin CP access? Hmm
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Sep 8th, 2018, 04:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Didn't Tony move the forum with "the end of zb" topic up? I think You also have or at least had access to the ACP.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES

Didn't Tony move the forum with "the end of zb" topic up? I think You also have or at least had access to the ACP.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 8th, 2018, 04:15 PM)Nemomon Wrote:

He did, I removed access form members to the Personal Support tickets.
Moonface the staff conscious is "dont touch anything" with how authoritarian TaT is it might remove board access to everyone <_< Whistle (Not that you would....but in case the temptation is there Tongue)

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Moonface the staff conscious is "dont touch anything" with how authoritarian TaT is it might remove board access to everyone <_< Whistle (Not that you would....but in case the temptation is there Tongue)
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Looks like our Moonie was so mad and sad that he didn't play with the new tools he has got Wink.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Looks like our Moonie was so mad and sad that he didn't play with the new tools he has got Wink.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Sep 7th, 2018, 10:34 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
(Sep 7th, 2018, 12:50 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Although I honestly can't think of what other free forum hosts were around back in 2004.
Ezboard and Forumer come to mind.

The situation was handled poorly, that's for sure. Sad to see Zetaboards die like this, I liked the software during the time I was using it and I'd recommend it to anyone who didn't want to deal with self hosting.

I don't even know if Tapatalk is that bad of a platform (I liked the mobile app they used to have) but after all this bad communication I can understand why nobody would want to continue with them.

There was also Proboards and I used a place called Board Nation. I left Pro Boards because back then they were terrible. Board Nation was better but they were taking forever to upgrade to SMF and I found Invisionfree in 2004 and loved it. 

The app is still good. I use it on my MyBB forum as an option for those who may want it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Sep 7th, 2018, 10:34 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
(Sep 7th, 2018, 12:50 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Although I honestly can't think of what other free forum hosts were around back in 2004.
Ezboard and Forumer come to mind.

The situation was handled poorly, that's for sure. Sad to see Zetaboards die like this, I liked the software during the time I was using it and I'd recommend it to anyone who didn't want to deal with self hosting.

I don't even know if Tapatalk is that bad of a platform (I liked the mobile app they used to have) but after all this bad communication I can understand why nobody would want to continue with them.

There was also Proboards and I used a place called Board Nation. I left Pro Boards because back then they were terrible. Board Nation was better but they were taking forever to upgrade to SMF and I found Invisionfree in 2004 and loved it. 

The app is still good. I use it on my MyBB forum as an option for those who may want it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
First used IF in 2006 after joining a forum Moony was on, then joined another sometime after that (probably a few days then getting myself suspended, not on the second site) before getting the whim of starting up the first iteration of this forum. I didn't really know what forums were, nor cared for looking for websites to talk with others. Glad I did though. IF wasn't exactly special as I didn't look at any other provider at the time to try out. Seemed to work fine enough when I was a member.

ZB felt like a good improvement on IF, don't know how exactly but just felt better to me. Had a good run, but I didn't look much into the support or staff forums, so wasn't on the inside of how things were going on apart from the odd visit there, or through Moony. I could tell it seemed a bit much for Brandon on his own. Actually thought there was a team he consulted with or at least something. Was a bit of a surprise about the change, OK I didn't see it coming but kept wondering why things didn't seem to be getting done like updates for ZB.

When I did briefly look at Tapatalk stuff sometime after the announcement of merging, left no good impression on me so I had no interest for us to move there. Felt bland and boring. Probably more than that, but I can't remember what I thought exactly at the time other than along the line of "nope, don't want to see UG there". XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
First used IF in 2006 after joining a forum Moony was on, then joined another sometime after that (probably a few days then getting myself suspended, not on the second site) before getting the whim of starting up the first iteration of this forum. I didn't really know what forums were, nor cared for looking for websites to talk with others. Glad I did though. IF wasn't exactly special as I didn't look at any other provider at the time to try out. Seemed to work fine enough when I was a member.

ZB felt like a good improvement on IF, don't know how exactly but just felt better to me. Had a good run, but I didn't look much into the support or staff forums, so wasn't on the inside of how things were going on apart from the odd visit there, or through Moony. I could tell it seemed a bit much for Brandon on his own. Actually thought there was a team he consulted with or at least something. Was a bit of a surprise about the change, OK I didn't see it coming but kept wondering why things didn't seem to be getting done like updates for ZB.

When I did briefly look at Tapatalk stuff sometime after the announcement of merging, left no good impression on me so I had no interest for us to move there. Felt bland and boring. Probably more than that, but I can't remember what I thought exactly at the time other than along the line of "nope, don't want to see UG there". XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 8th, 2018, 04:23 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

At most I'd just look around in there. Of course, if there was a "Stop sending spammy emails to members" option, then I'd totally edit that to "Yes." ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 8th, 2018, 04:23 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

At most I'd just look around in there. Of course, if there was a "Stop sending spammy emails to members" option, then I'd totally edit that to "Yes." ROFL
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I just hope I live to see the day TaT implodes Whistle
Hopefully in a "TapATalk Inc Offices have been raided by the FBI" type way Whistle

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I just hope I live to see the day TaT implodes Whistle
Hopefully in a "TapATalk Inc Offices have been raided by the FBI" type way Whistle
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I would only be fine with TT going under if those who are stuck on there have a way of moving their communities. Whether it be TT offering databases, or someone like Tapedrive scraping the boards of their content. As much as I dislike TT, I wouldn't want their demise to take everyone else down with them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I would only be fine with TT going under if those who are stuck on there have a way of moving their communities. Whether it be TT offering databases, or someone like Tapedrive scraping the boards of their content. As much as I dislike TT, I wouldn't want their demise to take everyone else down with them.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 14th, 2018, 08:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Assuming TapATalk doesn't host their web own servers (which is rare outside of onprem stuff, normally anything web will be done via renting out space in third party datacenters / using a datacenter). I doubt those forums will go down in an instant and there will be time provided.

If something did happen, (this is speculation) you MIGHT be able to request a copy of your forums data from the FBI after its processed and cleared as non evidence, but they would be going though everything with a fine tooth comb so it might take a long ass time.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 14th, 2018, 08:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Assuming TapATalk doesn't host their web own servers (which is rare outside of onprem stuff, normally anything web will be done via renting out space in third party datacenters / using a datacenter). I doubt those forums will go down in an instant and there will be time provided.

If something did happen, (this is speculation) you MIGHT be able to request a copy of your forums data from the FBI after its processed and cleared as non evidence, but they would be going though everything with a fine tooth comb so it might take a long ass time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holiday Season 2018 Karo 14 10,708 Jan 6th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Summer 2018 Karo 12 13,683 Jun 27th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: lp0 on fire