The Binding of Isaac (Series)
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
Not long time ago a new and final DLC to TBoI was announced, and it's titled Repentance. We don't know much about it now (nor even when it will be released), but we know that it will contain Antibirth + more.

What's Antibirth? Generally speaking it's a huge mod that added lots of stuff to the game (alternate path and eng game boss, lots of enemies, bosses, trinkets, items &c.). Unlike other mods that relied on the tools given by the developers, Antibirth directly altered the .exe file to add stuff. For that reason it was compatible only with the core game, and not its DLCs. With Repentance this will change. Antibirth is generally considered one of the best mods (if not the best) to TBoI, so it surely will be worth checking it out.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Not long time ago a new and final DLC to TBoI was announced, and it's titled Repentance. We don't know much about it now (nor even when it will be released), but we know that it will contain Antibirth + more.

What's Antibirth? Generally speaking it's a huge mod that added lots of stuff to the game (alternate path and eng game boss, lots of enemies, bosses, trinkets, items &c.). Unlike other mods that relied on the tools given by the developers, Antibirth directly altered the .exe file to add stuff. For that reason it was compatible only with the core game, and not its DLCs. With Repentance this will change. Antibirth is generally considered one of the best mods (if not the best) to TBoI, so it surely will be worth checking it out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've always wanted to try Antibirth, and it's awesome to see it officially recognized and added to the game. I just wonder if there's going to be enough incentive to pay for Repentance when you can get Antibirth for free if you just use the mod.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've always wanted to try Antibirth, and it's awesome to see it officially recognized and added to the game. I just wonder if there's going to be enough incentive to pay for Repentance when you can get Antibirth for free if you just use the mod.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Original Antibirth can only be played with Rebirth while Repentance will be compatible with both Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. Afterbirth+ also received 5 booster packs, so it isn't a tiny DLC either anymore. Antibirth is a fantastic mod, but after a while You will start missing items from the DLCs. And don't forget other awesome mods (like for example Revelations) that will be playable with the Repentance, too. For all that reasons I think it will be worth purchasing it once it is out, especially that it won't only contain Antibirth, but also some other things . Myself I will purchase it the first day even though I play more Antibirth than regular Isaac.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Original Antibirth can only be played with Rebirth while Repentance will be compatible with both Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. Afterbirth+ also received 5 booster packs, so it isn't a tiny DLC either anymore. Antibirth is a fantastic mod, but after a while You will start missing items from the DLCs. And don't forget other awesome mods (like for example Revelations) that will be playable with the Repentance, too. For all that reasons I think it will be worth purchasing it once it is out, especially that it won't only contain Antibirth, but also some other things . Myself I will purchase it the first day even though I play more Antibirth than regular Isaac.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
So Moonie, did You try Antibirth yet? From what we know, Repentance surely won't be out this year, and we don't know when (or if) it will be out the next year.

From the other news, in the next 2 weeks a huge content update will be released to Revelations that will add two new floors, a new character (Charon) and of course new items, bosses and enemies.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
So Moonie, did You try Antibirth yet? From what we know, Repentance surely won't be out this year, and we don't know when (or if) it will be out the next year.

From the other news, in the next 2 weeks a huge content update will be released to Revelations that will add two new floors, a new character (Charon) and of course new items, bosses and enemies.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not yet. I'll probably wait for it to be officially released so that I'm not feeling underwhelmed by it due to having experienced a lot of it beforehand.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not yet. I'll probably wait for it to be officially released so that I'm not feeling underwhelmed by it due to having experienced a lot of it beforehand.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
In a way I understand You (personally I'm scared thay I will have to unlock everything again), but there are also good things from playing Antibirth. For example You will be able to compare both expansions to see what was changed (for example in Repentance Treasure Rooms no longer drop 2 items). I doubt that anybody will want to play Antibirth once Repentance is out because it will be a huge downgrade (no AB, AB+, Repetance extras and mods). You could say it's the last chance to play it Wink.

Also, Antibirth is brutal. While Downpour (first chapter) is easy, Mines and Mausoleum are not. Heck, the final chapter - Corpse - is much easier than Mines or Mausoleum (which is deadly, especially the boss at the end). It's always better to be prepared and know what lies ahead Wink. So for example You won't enter the Mausolem with Epic Fetus during Your first playthrough... Whistle

I also forgot to mention that Antibirth OST won't be included in Repentance.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
In a way I understand You (personally I'm scared thay I will have to unlock everything again), but there are also good things from playing Antibirth. For example You will be able to compare both expansions to see what was changed (for example in Repentance Treasure Rooms no longer drop 2 items). I doubt that anybody will want to play Antibirth once Repentance is out because it will be a huge downgrade (no AB, AB+, Repetance extras and mods). You could say it's the last chance to play it Wink.

Also, Antibirth is brutal. While Downpour (first chapter) is easy, Mines and Mausoleum are not. Heck, the final chapter - Corpse - is much easier than Mines or Mausoleum (which is deadly, especially the boss at the end). It's always better to be prepared and know what lies ahead Wink. So for example You won't enter the Mausolem with Epic Fetus during Your first playthrough... Whistle

I also forgot to mention that Antibirth OST won't be included in Repentance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,898 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface