Game OST
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
I thought that since this board is about games, then perhaps we daily could share with each other some interesting songs. Whether it will be an original song from the OST, a cover or remix or anything else, it's all welcome.

I will start with a song titled Battling Robots from Evoland 2 game.

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
I thought that since this board is about games, then perhaps we daily could share with each other some interesting songs. Whether it will be an original song from the OST, a cover or remix or anything else, it's all welcome.

I will start with a song titled Battling Robots from Evoland 2 game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
None of these are from an official game, but an artist by the name of MrModez Pineapple has made some amazingly good Spyro tracks for various fan game projects. These are my personal favourites:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
None of these are from an official game, but an artist by the name of MrModez Pineapple has made some amazingly good Spyro tracks for various fan game projects. These are my personal favourites:

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Today an advertisement of Sega Saturn.

Segata Sanshiro  -Segasaturn Shiro!

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Today an advertisement of Sega Saturn.

Segata Sanshiro  -Segasaturn Shiro!

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I remember this thread existing on the old forum. Anywho, one of my favorite composers for gaming has always been Motoi Sakuraba, simply for the variety of ways he can pull interesting and emotional works off of almost any instrument. And I would be remiss if I brought up Sakuraba and did not mention Baten Kaitos' OST, which is considered one of his best ever. EVER. He's also done the OSTs for a ridiculous proportion of Tri-Ace/Tri-Crescendo games (Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Eternal Sonata, and Resonance of Fate are a few I could mention), as well as the Tales series, the Mario Golf/Tennis games (?!) and the Golden Sun series, among others. And he's been ridiculously good in all the ones I've heard. Hell, he's even done things like a Metal arrangement of Gourmet Race (Gourmet Race being among the most iconic Kirby songs) and it's AWESOME! But seriously, if you're ever looking for an OST to just sit down and listen through, Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins is gonna be one of my top pics. As a taste, here is the battle theme from Baten Kaitos.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I remember this thread existing on the old forum. Anywho, one of my favorite composers for gaming has always been Motoi Sakuraba, simply for the variety of ways he can pull interesting and emotional works off of almost any instrument. And I would be remiss if I brought up Sakuraba and did not mention Baten Kaitos' OST, which is considered one of his best ever. EVER. He's also done the OSTs for a ridiculous proportion of Tri-Ace/Tri-Crescendo games (Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Eternal Sonata, and Resonance of Fate are a few I could mention), as well as the Tales series, the Mario Golf/Tennis games (?!) and the Golden Sun series, among others. And he's been ridiculously good in all the ones I've heard. Hell, he's even done things like a Metal arrangement of Gourmet Race (Gourmet Race being among the most iconic Kirby songs) and it's AWESOME! But seriously, if you're ever looking for an OST to just sit down and listen through, Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins is gonna be one of my top pics. As a taste, here is the battle theme from Baten Kaitos.

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
So a song from Corpse Party:

Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
So a song from Corpse Party:

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh if we're dropping this, I'm in!

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh if we're dropping this, I'm in!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious, does anyone else have any games where the OST is nice to listen to in-game, but isn't as good outside of it? For example, I find Doom 2016 to have an awesome OST in-game, but I find it hard to listen to outside of it, mostly because the tracks are far too long and also very repetitive within.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious, does anyone else have any games where the OST is nice to listen to in-game, but isn't as good outside of it? For example, I find Doom 2016 to have an awesome OST in-game, but I find it hard to listen to outside of it, mostly because the tracks are far too long and also very repetitive within.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
If ya'll want the greatest OST ever created in the history of gaming, just look to NieR: Automata.

You're welcome.

Also Tino, Silver Will is pretty good, but there are better songs in Trails in the Sky to pick.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
If ya'll want the greatest OST ever created in the history of gaming, just look to NieR: Automata.

You're welcome.

Also Tino, Silver Will is pretty good, but there are better songs in Trails in the Sky to pick.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Nov 2nd, 2018, 12:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

You're welcome.

Yeah well I have to finish it lmao. I'm grinding a much worse platinum as you know. 

Gimme some of the better ones obv.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

You're welcome.

Yeah well I have to finish it lmao. I'm grinding a much worse platinum as you know. 

Gimme some of the better ones obv.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What I find most impressive about this OST is the fact they came up with a completely new language to sing in certain songs that sounds like a real language and not just a load of gibberish you'd expect from someone if you asked them to fake a language on the spot or pretend to know how another real language sounds.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What I find most impressive about this OST is the fact they came up with a completely new language to sing in certain songs that sounds like a real language and not just a load of gibberish you'd expect from someone if you asked them to fake a language on the spot or pretend to know how another real language sounds.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yes, the amount of effort they put into the OST for that game, along with how perfect they made the songs to fit the atmosphere of the game, makes it the best OST ever.

I can't think of one game that can even come close to using music as well as Automata. Music is games should add to the moment. You want music that makes a suspenseful moment even more suspenseful, or a sad moment even more sad. They nailed it 100% perfectly in Automata. Every song during every scene just adds so much to the game.

Yoko Taro with a budget (which he never got for Drakengard or the first NieR game) might just be the best thing the video game industry ever saw.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yes, the amount of effort they put into the OST for that game, along with how perfect they made the songs to fit the atmosphere of the game, makes it the best OST ever.

I can't think of one game that can even come close to using music as well as Automata. Music is games should add to the moment. You want music that makes a suspenseful moment even more suspenseful, or a sad moment even more sad. They nailed it 100% perfectly in Automata. Every song during every scene just adds so much to the game.

Yoko Taro with a budget (which he never got for Drakengard or the first NieR game) might just be the best thing the video game industry ever saw.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've been playing Jak 2 recently, and I never realised how much of a stonker the boss fight music is for Baron Praxis:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've been playing Jak 2 recently, and I never realised how much of a stonker the boss fight music is for Baron Praxis:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The nostalgia this track gives me is far too high and might be higher than any other game soundtrack I've listened to:

I love and yet hate when I get into a trip on memory lane about this series. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The nostalgia this track gives me is far too high and might be higher than any other game soundtrack I've listened to:

I love and yet hate when I get into a trip on memory lane about this series. Doh
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Civilization V has excellent production values in general - and, that extends to the OSTs. Each civilization in the game has not one, but two theme tunes: one for when they're at peace, and one for when they're at war.

They're universally excellent, and it's hard for me to pick a favourite, so I'll just pick one example of a Peace theme that I like, and one example of a War theme that I like

Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Civilization V has excellent production values in general - and, that extends to the OSTs. Each civilization in the game has not one, but two theme tunes: one for when they're at peace, and one for when they're at war.

They're universally excellent, and it's hard for me to pick a favourite, so I'll just pick one example of a Peace theme that I like, and one example of a War theme that I like

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2018, 01:36 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Funny reading this since now Yoko Taro did get a budget for a remake of the first NieR game. ROFL
On that subject, was there new music made for Replicant and if so, was it on par to the Automata OST?

Anyway, for why I'm randomly in here again, I've had Tekken OST's stuck in my head since yesterday for no reason, in particular stuff from Tekken Tag Tournament. XD
King's stage seems to be the one sticking in my head the most, so I guess I'll share it:

Also, special shoutout to the School theme, which also got an epic remix for TTT2. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2018, 01:36 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Funny reading this since now Yoko Taro did get a budget for a remake of the first NieR game. ROFL
On that subject, was there new music made for Replicant and if so, was it on par to the Automata OST?

Anyway, for why I'm randomly in here again, I've had Tekken OST's stuck in my head since yesterday for no reason, in particular stuff from Tekken Tag Tournament. XD
King's stage seems to be the one sticking in my head the most, so I guess I'll share it:

Also, special shoutout to the School theme, which also got an epic remix for TTT2. Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface