Game OST
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ever since Twitch's whole DMCA debacle has come to play within the past two years, I've been listening to more and more game OSTs lately.

Here's a classic that has an all-around banger after banger track:
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ever since Twitch's whole DMCA debacle has come to play within the past two years, I've been listening to more and more game OSTs lately.

Here's a classic that has an all-around banger after banger track:
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I love Boulder Canyon so much. That's my childhood in a nutshell right there.

Talking to Karo a little earlier reminded me of the OST of Blue Dragon, which is another banger by Nobuo Uematsu. The premiere track has to be Eternity, though. Vocals by Ian Gillan of Deep Purple fame (yes, THAT Deep Purple), it's is so brilliantly over the top and I love it in all its cheesy glory!

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I love Boulder Canyon so much. That's my childhood in a nutshell right there.

Talking to Karo a little earlier reminded me of the OST of Blue Dragon, which is another banger by Nobuo Uematsu. The premiere track has to be Eternity, though. Vocals by Ian Gillan of Deep Purple fame (yes, THAT Deep Purple), it's is so brilliantly over the top and I love it in all its cheesy glory!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If I was to go off the video image and that song alone, it instantly makes me think of Sonic. XD

Anyone ever heard a track in a game that they didn't like? Thought it'd be a different take for the thread alongside the good songs. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If I was to go off the video image and that song alone, it instantly makes me think of Sonic. XD

Anyone ever heard a track in a game that they didn't like? Thought it'd be a different take for the thread alongside the good songs. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
There's one track that comes to mind LOL

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
There's one track that comes to mind LOL

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
shiiiit. I'm about to drop some visual novel jams on y'all. 

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
shiiiit. I'm about to drop some visual novel jams on y'all. 

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: If that song is meant to play alongside a dramatic revelation or such, then I appreciate that VA's seemingly have soundtracks that are made to convey what the tone of the story is in that given moment. Assuming I'm not being braindead right now I can't think of many games outside that genre that I've played that do soundtracks like that in the more recent generations of consoles.

Thinking of tone though, I do love this song from A Hat in Time for the Seal the Deal DLC for a level focused around cleaning a cruise ship under a time limit, with the song getting faster as the time limit decreases and the number of tasks pile up:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: If that song is meant to play alongside a dramatic revelation or such, then I appreciate that VA's seemingly have soundtracks that are made to convey what the tone of the story is in that given moment. Assuming I'm not being braindead right now I can't think of many games outside that genre that I've played that do soundtracks like that in the more recent generations of consoles.

Thinking of tone though, I do love this song from A Hat in Time for the Seal the Deal DLC for a level focused around cleaning a cruise ship under a time limit, with the song getting faster as the time limit decreases and the number of tasks pile up:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I kept forgetting to share this but about two weeks ago Square Enix decided to put most if not all of their music library up on YouTube to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMx60HY.../playlists

Meanwhile, Nintendo went and took down one of the biggest channels for listening to music from their games and probably have zero intention to offer the music themselves like SE is doing here. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I kept forgetting to share this but about two weeks ago Square Enix decided to put most if not all of their music library up on YouTube to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMx60HY.../playlists

Meanwhile, Nintendo went and took down one of the biggest channels for listening to music from their games and probably have zero intention to offer the music themselves like SE is doing here. Rolleyes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Didn't want to triple post really but I can't resist sharing what I think might be the best main menu themes in any racing games that aren't kart racers:

DD2's OST was a shock to the system too if you had played DD1, because the soundtrack went from some campy arcade sounding thing to just "Hello and welcome to foreboding doom."

I feel like if the first song you hear in a game isn't a belter or sets the mood properly then it's likely the rest of the soundtrack isn't going to be much better. Trying to think of any games that have a bad first track but the rest is still really good...

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Didn't want to triple post really but I can't resist sharing what I think might be the best main menu themes in any racing games that aren't kart racers:

DD2's OST was a shock to the system too if you had played DD1, because the soundtrack went from some campy arcade sounding thing to just "Hello and welcome to foreboding doom."

I feel like if the first song you hear in a game isn't a belter or sets the mood properly then it's likely the rest of the soundtrack isn't going to be much better. Trying to think of any games that have a bad first track but the rest is still really good...
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I really like the original Super Mario Bros. game's OST as well as Yoshi's Island, Jurassic Park on SNES and the original Sonic the Hedghog game. All great memories.

Oh and Zombie's Ate My Neighbors and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse.

EDIT: The new TMNT: Shredders Revenge is great too.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I really like the original Super Mario Bros. game's OST as well as Yoshi's Island, Jurassic Park on SNES and the original Sonic the Hedghog game. All great memories.

Oh and Zombie's Ate My Neighbors and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 14th, 2022, 12:28 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I've watched people playing the game but haven't taken much notice of the soundtrack yet. I'll have to check it out at some point.

I normally don't leave the Dragon's Dogma main menu on long enough to have known before now that the vocals fade out into a really beautiful and melancholy melody at about the 0:45 mark. I think the game overall has some great songs but hearing this one in full has probably put this at the top of the list of songs in that game for me.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 14th, 2022, 12:28 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I've watched people playing the game but haven't taken much notice of the soundtrack yet. I'll have to check it out at some point.

I normally don't leave the Dragon's Dogma main menu on long enough to have known before now that the vocals fade out into a really beautiful and melancholy melody at about the 0:45 mark. I think the game overall has some great songs but hearing this one in full has probably put this at the top of the list of songs in that game for me.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, yeah that track's very good. There's an alternate version of that too which is for the credits, which is also great. I'll link it but you might want to wait until you reach the end?

I also must add this too, the original theme from vanilla Dragon's Dogma, that is forever missed. Wish they had both but alas, they removed it from Dark Arisen, darn.

As I haven't posted in here yet, I'll just mention drop a sample of music I enjoy from a select number of games, well these stand out to me anyway as there are many more I do enjoy but weren't on par with these, plus other games that are on par as well but don't want this post to be too long.

Purely because of the amount of time I spent swimming in Eryth Sea made me love this.

I could've chosen so many different themes from Genshin, but chose Childe's because after defeating him quickly in my main then starting a new account on PC and going through the game a second time, made me realise how good his boss theme is. I did already like it, but hearing it in my 2nd playthrough pushed it up among my favourites in Genshin.

Don't care if I haven't played the game but this and Devil Trigger from DMC5 I need to include because they're too awesome.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, yeah that track's very good. There's an alternate version of that too which is for the credits, which is also great. I'll link it but you might want to wait until you reach the end?

I also must add this too, the original theme from vanilla Dragon's Dogma, that is forever missed. Wish they had both but alas, they removed it from Dark Arisen, darn.

As I haven't posted in here yet, I'll just mention drop a sample of music I enjoy from a select number of games, well these stand out to me anyway as there are many more I do enjoy but weren't on par with these, plus other games that are on par as well but don't want this post to be too long.

Purely because of the amount of time I spent swimming in Eryth Sea made me love this.

I could've chosen so many different themes from Genshin, but chose Childe's because after defeating him quickly in my main then starting a new account on PC and going through the game a second time, made me realise how good his boss theme is. I did already like it, but hearing it in my 2nd playthrough pushed it up among my favourites in Genshin.

Don't care if I haven't played the game but this and Devil Trigger from DMC5 I need to include because they're too awesome.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't gotten around to listening to any of the songs you posted @Mr EliteL, but because it's been stuck in my head since I started playing it, I have to give a shout-out to the Splatoon 3 soundtrack. That entire thing is back to back bangers! Grin
The only thing I wish is that the game audio ran in surround sound because it sucks having the songs sound as if they're coming from TV speakers.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't gotten around to listening to any of the songs you posted @Mr EliteL, but because it's been stuck in my head since I started playing it, I have to give a shout-out to the Splatoon 3 soundtrack. That entire thing is back to back bangers! Grin
The only thing I wish is that the game audio ran in surround sound because it sucks having the songs sound as if they're coming from TV speakers.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Only just realised I linked to Into Free twice instead of having the credits song there in my post above. Dang it. XD

Just so I don't leave without adding a song, here's Radical Highway level theme from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, best level theme from the game, IMO. Not including two boss themes that are great too. Ah, I'll link those two as well.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Only just realised I linked to Into Free twice instead of having the credits song there in my post above. Dang it. XD

Just so I don't leave without adding a song, here's Radical Highway level theme from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, best level theme from the game, IMO. Not including two boss themes that are great too. Ah, I'll link those two as well.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 07:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You posted the wrong version  Whistle

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 07:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You posted the wrong version  Whistle

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw geez, how could I post the wrong song again? I'm no good at this. XD 

*shot*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw geez, how could I post the wrong song again? I'm no good at this. XD 

*shot*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface