topman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
I gave up legos a long time ago.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 26th, 2018, 04:35 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Sep 25th, 2018, 07:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I expect wind is the only real issue to worry about. Rain would likely have as much effect as dumping a Lego set in a bathtub.

uhhhh they made/make lego sets that floated in water Tongue

Yeah but they were likely designed for that. I doubt a Bionicle would float if you placed it into a body of water. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 26th, 2018, 04:35 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Sep 25th, 2018, 07:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I expect wind is the only real issue to worry about. Rain would likely have as much effect as dumping a Lego set in a bathtub.

uhhhh they made/make lego sets that floated in water Tongue

Yeah but they were likely designed for that. I doubt a Bionicle would float if you placed it into a body of water. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Darn, if I hadn't disassembled all of my Bionicle, I would've tested that. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Darn, if I hadn't disassembled all of my Bionicle, I would've tested that. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So did anyone else hear about some guy who makes Lego creations on a YouTube channel of theirs, and someone broke into his house and targeted his Lego collection by stealing some and then smashing up the rest and scattering it around his property? I didn't watch the video he made reporting it but it seems it was a very hard watch (which is why I didn't watch it). I'm hoping the perpetrators get caught and that this poor dude can recover and get back on track with his life's work.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So did anyone else hear about some guy who makes Lego creations on a YouTube channel of theirs, and someone broke into his house and targeted his Lego collection by stealing some and then smashing up the rest and scattering it around his property? I didn't watch the video he made reporting it but it seems it was a very hard watch (which is why I didn't watch it). I'm hoping the perpetrators get caught and that this poor dude can recover and get back on track with his life's work.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Indeed despicable of the person who did such a thing. Hope something has happened by now, or will be.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Indeed despicable of the person who did such a thing. Hope something has happened by now, or will be.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
My best friend and I would build complicate battleships out of legos (of course, they didn't look anything like a set) and then test who had built the strongest by the means of throwing old mouse wheels at them until one of them failed to withstand the damage.

Ahhhh, those were the days.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
My best friend and I would build complicate battleships out of legos (of course, they didn't look anything like a set) and then test who had built the strongest by the means of throwing old mouse wheels at them until one of them failed to withstand the damage.

Ahhhh, those were the days.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The custom stuff I'd build with my Lego would be arenas for my minifigures to have deathmatches in, arenas for my Robot Wars minibots, and when I was really young I'd make mini golf courses out of Duplo. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The custom stuff I'd build with my Lego would be arenas for my minifigures to have deathmatches in, arenas for my Robot Wars minibots, and when I was really young I'd make mini golf courses out of Duplo. ROFL
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Oct 23rd, 2018, 10:44 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who made Robot Wars minibots!

Most of them were just blocks on wheels, though, and the few that did have proper weapons tended to fall apart very easily Tongue . I did make some robots with decent flippers, but that was about it as far as 'active weapons' were concerned.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 

Most of them were just blocks on wheels, though, and the few that did have proper weapons tended to fall apart very easily Tongue . I did make some robots with decent flippers, but that was about it as far as 'active weapons' were concerned.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 17th, 2018, 11:15 PM)Kyng Wrote:

Oh, I didn't make the minibots. I used these and just made an arena for them out of Lego. It was neat getting to have multiple flippers and other hazards for them instead of always using the official minibots arena I owned. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oh, I didn't make the minibots. I used these and just made an arena for them out of Lego. It was neat getting to have multiple flippers and other hazards for them instead of always using the official minibots arena I owned. Tongue
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Nov 27th, 2018, 10:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ah, makes sense. 

I must have done it completely the other way around, then: I made the robots out of Lego, but just used a table or a space on the floor as the 'arena'.

(Though, making a Lego version of the arena, complete with floor flipper, CPZs and tyre-activated pit release, would have been great fun Grin)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Nov 27th, 2018, 10:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ah, makes sense. 

I must have done it completely the other way around, then: I made the robots out of Lego, but just used a table or a space on the floor as the 'arena'.

(Though, making a Lego version of the arena, complete with floor flipper, CPZs and tyre-activated pit release, would have been great fun Grin)
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
Lego was cool back in the day... even though I mostly built houses with it LOL I preferred K'Nex though Wink
[Image: E12av.png]
Gamers welcome also, yeah.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
Lego was cool back in the day... even though I mostly built houses with it LOL I preferred K'Nex though Wink
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Well, I bought myself a Lego Saturn V rocket today:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/product/LEGO...rn-V-21309

At £109.99, it actually seemed to be very good value for a set which contains almost 2,000 pieces. I intend to post some pictures when it's finished - but, that probably won't be for a while!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Well, I bought myself a Lego Saturn V rocket today:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/product/LEGO...rn-V-21309

At £109.99, it actually seemed to be very good value for a set which contains almost 2,000 pieces. I intend to post some pictures when it's finished - but, that probably won't be for a while!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yep that does look like a grand build that, judging the size of the pods or whatever they are at the bottom. Tall as well. Oh, OK about a metre tall. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yep that does look like a grand build that, judging the size of the pods or whatever they are at the bottom. Tall as well. Oh, OK about a metre tall. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yep, that's right: it is about a metre tall Tongue .

Anyway, now that I've done the build, here are some pics. First, the internal structure of the first stage:
https://i.imgur.com/8iya2Ug.jpg

Now, the completed first stage:
https://i.imgur.com/9RNgeoO.jpg

Internal structure of the second stage:
https://i.imgur.com/BHCkFBs.jpg

Completed second stage:
https://i.imgur.com/xvKyWS4.jpg

Third stage:
https://i.imgur.com/L9yRLQJ.jpg

Top bit (lunar module, service module, command module, escape system):
https://i.imgur.com/JavPW2l.jpg

A couple of additional modules (lunar module on the moon, command module at splashdown):
https://i.imgur.com/WiIK5VZ.jpg

Now, the complete model:
https://i.imgur.com/ZZRTEWZ.jpg

I think the finished model looks great - and it was certainly fun to build Grin !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yep, that's right: it is about a metre tall Tongue .

Anyway, now that I've done the build, here are some pics. First, the internal structure of the first stage:
https://i.imgur.com/8iya2Ug.jpg

Now, the completed first stage:
https://i.imgur.com/9RNgeoO.jpg

Internal structure of the second stage:
https://i.imgur.com/BHCkFBs.jpg

Completed second stage:
https://i.imgur.com/xvKyWS4.jpg

Third stage:
https://i.imgur.com/L9yRLQJ.jpg

Top bit (lunar module, service module, command module, escape system):
https://i.imgur.com/JavPW2l.jpg

A couple of additional modules (lunar module on the moon, command module at splashdown):
https://i.imgur.com/WiIK5VZ.jpg

Now, the complete model:
https://i.imgur.com/ZZRTEWZ.jpg

I think the finished model looks great - and it was certainly fun to build Grin !
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Huh, didn't think there would be that much for the internal. Cool you showed steps like that, and provided a pencil to show the scale of the finished model. Makes me wonder now if anyone's done an aircraft shaped pen. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Huh, didn't think there would be that much for the internal. Cool you showed steps like that, and provided a pencil to show the scale of the finished model. Makes me wonder now if anyone's done an aircraft shaped pen. XD