LEGO
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Mar 14th, 2019, 01:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Huh, didn't think there would be that much for the internal. Cool you showed steps like that, and provided a pencil to show the scale of the finished model. Makes me wonder now if anyone's done an aircraft shaped pen. XD
Well, I considered making an aircraft-shape pen for a Design & Technology project in Year 7 or Year 8, if that counts Tongue .  

(Though, even if I didn't make it, I'm sure someone else will have made one like it!!!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Mar 14th, 2019, 01:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Huh, didn't think there would be that much for the internal. Cool you showed steps like that, and provided a pencil to show the scale of the finished model. Makes me wonder now if anyone's done an aircraft shaped pen. XD
Well, I considered making an aircraft-shape pen for a Design & Technology project in Year 7 or Year 8, if that counts Tongue .  

(Though, even if I didn't make it, I'm sure someone else will have made one like it!!!)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Thought I'd mentioned it in here, but since I and nobody else have yet, I'm curious if anyone else can recall all of the Lego sets they ever owned. Tongue

System Rock Raiders Racers (Xalax) Racers (Drome Racers) Racers (Williams F1) Racers (Ferrari) Racers (Power Racers) Racers (Tiny Turbos) Racers (RC) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Studios I....think that's all of them. I really hope I didn't forget any other collections because it took long enough remembering this lot. Confused
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Thought I'd mentioned it in here, but since I and nobody else have yet, I'm curious if anyone else can recall all of the Lego sets they ever owned. Tongue

System Rock Raiders Racers (Xalax) Racers (Drome Racers) Racers (Williams F1) Racers (Ferrari) Racers (Power Racers) Racers (Tiny Turbos) Racers (RC) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Studios I....think that's all of them. I really hope I didn't forget any other collections because it took long enough remembering this lot. Confused
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez, Moony how'd you manage that? The only ones I remember are the ones I believe I posted about already, and those were my big sets, plus Bionicle. I did have a box for a set, filled with broken down boxes of small sets, but can't remember where I put that. Possibly in my shed now, or gone. Used to be on a high shelf slightly above my high up bed. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez, Moony how'd you manage that? The only ones I remember are the ones I believe I posted about already, and those were my big sets, plus Bionicle. I did have a box for a set, filled with broken down boxes of small sets, but can't remember where I put that. Possibly in my shed now, or gone. Used to be on a high shelf slightly above my high up bed. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2019, 03:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Geez, Moony how'd you manage that?
I mostly remember the series that I know I owned Lego sets in, and then used Brickipedia to look through all the released sets within that series to remember what ones I owned. I actually forgot I had sets from Studios and Football, so I need to update my post with those too.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2019, 03:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Geez, Moony how'd you manage that?
I mostly remember the series that I know I owned Lego sets in, and then used Brickipedia to look through all the released sets within that series to remember what ones I owned. I actually forgot I had sets from Studios and Football, so I need to update my post with those too.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
It'd be completely impossible for me to list each individual one LOL . However, here are a few broad categories:
  • One of the earliest sets I remember getting was 6539 'Victory Cup Racers', which I got in 1995;
  • During 1997-99, I got a few assorted space sets (one of my favourites being 6456 'Space Port Mission');
  • A few football sets, from both the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000;
  • A few Adventurers sets from 1999-2004 (5978 'The Secret of the Sphinx' was one of the highlights);
  • A fair number of Extreme Team sets from the late 1990s (one that sticks out in my mind is 6584 'Canyon Challenge');
  • All of the Slizers and Roboriders from 1999-2000;
  • A couple of the smaller 'Rock Raiders' sets (I never got anything bigger than a Loader Dozer);
  • Nearly all of the 2001-02 Bionicle sets, a decent number of the 2003-04 ones, and a few of the later ones;
  • Most of the cheaper 2001-02 Harry Potter sets (I didn't own anything like Hogwarts Castle);
  • Two of the Spybotics sets (Snaptrax S-45 and Gigamesh G-60, IIRC);
  • Several of the 'Life on Mars' sets;
  • A bunch of assorted City sets over the years;
  • My most recent acquisition was 21309 (the Saturn V rocket from a few weeks ago, which is now sitting proudly on a table in the living room Smile )

I'm sure there's plenty that I've missed, but I think that just about covers the main ones!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
It'd be completely impossible for me to list each individual one LOL . However, here are a few broad categories:
  • One of the earliest sets I remember getting was 6539 'Victory Cup Racers', which I got in 1995;
  • During 1997-99, I got a few assorted space sets (one of my favourites being 6456 'Space Port Mission');
  • A few football sets, from both the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000;
  • A few Adventurers sets from 1999-2004 (5978 'The Secret of the Sphinx' was one of the highlights);
  • A fair number of Extreme Team sets from the late 1990s (one that sticks out in my mind is 6584 'Canyon Challenge');
  • All of the Slizers and Roboriders from 1999-2000;
  • A couple of the smaller 'Rock Raiders' sets (I never got anything bigger than a Loader Dozer);
  • Nearly all of the 2001-02 Bionicle sets, a decent number of the 2003-04 ones, and a few of the later ones;
  • Most of the cheaper 2001-02 Harry Potter sets (I didn't own anything like Hogwarts Castle);
  • Two of the Spybotics sets (Snaptrax S-45 and Gigamesh G-60, IIRC);
  • Several of the 'Life on Mars' sets;
  • A bunch of assorted City sets over the years;
  • My most recent acquisition was 21309 (the Saturn V rocket from a few weeks ago, which is now sitting proudly on a table in the living room Smile )

I'm sure there's plenty that I've missed, but I think that just about covers the main ones!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think this was mentioned yet, but does anyone else detest when Lego have you put a sticker across multiple pieces? You can never take those bricks apart again unless you want to cut the sticker; it sucks! >.<

However it isn't as bad as when Lego did some biodegradable shit to the stickers where they started falling apart after a few months of being exposed. My Williams F1 car that was over £100 had stickers that all did that, so now the car is just naked and probably worth barely anything because of it. I'd find it annoying on a cheap set, but for something that expensive it's ridiculous. They should just do what they did on older sets and print the designs into the bricks. Errm

@Kyng: That Sphinx set looks pretty neat! The only Egyptian themed set I had was this one that I forgot to mention in my earlier post: https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/1383_Curse_of_the_Pharaoh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think this was mentioned yet, but does anyone else detest when Lego have you put a sticker across multiple pieces? You can never take those bricks apart again unless you want to cut the sticker; it sucks! >.<

However it isn't as bad as when Lego did some biodegradable shit to the stickers where they started falling apart after a few months of being exposed. My Williams F1 car that was over £100 had stickers that all did that, so now the car is just naked and probably worth barely anything because of it. I'd find it annoying on a cheap set, but for something that expensive it's ridiculous. They should just do what they did on older sets and print the designs into the bricks. Errm

@Kyng: That Sphinx set looks pretty neat! The only Egyptian themed set I had was this one that I forgot to mention in my earlier post: https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/1383_Curse_of_the_Pharaoh
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yeah, I much prefer the printed parts too. While they do fade over time, and they're vulnerable to being scratched, they are miles better than stickers in both respect. I have printed parts whose designs are still clear after 20+ years: they're not in mint condition by any means, but they've proven much more durable than any sticker.

Fortunately, that Saturn V rocket has no stickers: only printed parts Smile . I guess it's to be expected on a set of that price, though.

Oh, and speaking of space LEGO, there's another set that's been announced:

I guess I'll have to get this too Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yeah, I much prefer the printed parts too. While they do fade over time, and they're vulnerable to being scratched, they are miles better than stickers in both respect. I have printed parts whose designs are still clear after 20+ years: they're not in mint condition by any means, but they've proven much more durable than any sticker.

Fortunately, that Saturn V rocket has no stickers: only printed parts Smile . I guess it's to be expected on a set of that price, though.

Oh, and speaking of space LEGO, there's another set that's been announced:

I guess I'll have to get this too Smile !
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fading and scratching could happen to stickers too, although I'd have no problem with stickers if they simply just lasted long. Most of them do, it seems like Lego had a period of using poor stickers for some reason. Eh

I didn't see that Saturn rocket when you posted it, and at first glance I was like "How is a long rounded spear that much?" but then saw it comes apart into sections and opens up and whatnot. I really thought it was just one long solid "spear rocket". XD
The Apollo one is neat too. I'd like to see a Mars Rover set since that poor thing died this year, and it could probably be made into a really neat set. Maybe even go so far as to make it RC or something. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fading and scratching could happen to stickers too, although I'd have no problem with stickers if they simply just lasted long. Most of them do, it seems like Lego had a period of using poor stickers for some reason. Eh

I didn't see that Saturn rocket when you posted it, and at first glance I was like "How is a long rounded spear that much?" but then saw it comes apart into sections and opens up and whatnot. I really thought it was just one long solid "spear rocket". XD
The Apollo one is neat too. I'd like to see a Mars Rover set since that poor thing died this year, and it could probably be made into a really neat set. Maybe even go so far as to make it RC or something. Hmm
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yeah, an RC one would be great fun Tongue . I did have a couple of RC sets, like the Manas (Bionicle set from 2001, which moved very slowly, but had punching arms that could knock masks off, so they were still good fun), and then the Spybotics sets (which I never really managed to figure out how to get the best use out of Sad ).

And, even if it is a spear rocket, it's easily the biggest Lego spear rocket I've ever built: it's around a metre tall, and contains nearly 2,000 individual pieces.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yeah, an RC one would be great fun Tongue . I did have a couple of RC sets, like the Manas (Bionicle set from 2001, which moved very slowly, but had punching arms that could knock masks off, so they were still good fun), and then the Spybotics sets (which I never really managed to figure out how to get the best use out of Sad ).

And, even if it is a spear rocket, it's easily the biggest Lego spear rocket I've ever built: it's around a metre tall, and contains nearly 2,000 individual pieces.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lego announced a NES set today, and it looks really cool: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ninte...stem-71374

However, I am not putting down $229 for it. I could buy a brand new Switch for $299 and you know, actually play games on the thing. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lego announced a NES set today, and it looks really cool: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ninte...stem-71374

However, I am not putting down $229 for it. I could buy a brand new Switch for $299 and you know, actually play games on the thing. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Thought it was going to be only a NES and controller, but it has a TV set, cartridge and moving side-scrolling Super Mario Bros level/scene you can operate. Really nice apart from yeah, the price.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Thought it was going to be only a NES and controller, but it has a TV set, cartridge and moving side-scrolling Super Mario Bros level/scene you can operate. Really nice apart from yeah, the price.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yeah, the NES looks great - but, you'd have to be a major Nintendo enthusiast (and Lego enthusiast) in order for it to be worth it!

Instead, their Crocodile locomotive looks more affordable... and, I couldn't resist picking one up Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Yeah, the NES looks great - but, you'd have to be a major Nintendo enthusiast (and Lego enthusiast) in order for it to be worth it!

Instead, their Crocodile locomotive looks more affordable... and, I couldn't resist picking one up Tongue .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 27th, 2020, 12:50 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I just looked that up and comparing it to the real thing, they did a ridiculously good job replicating that into Lego. Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just looked that up and comparing it to the real thing, they did a ridiculously good job replicating that into Lego. Gasp
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Jul 28th, 2020, 03:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yes, they did :O . 

Mine still isn't completely built; however, I am getting there Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Jul 28th, 2020, 03:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yes, they did :O . 

Mine still isn't completely built; however, I am getting there Tongue .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just remembered that someone made a full sized LEGO house complete with an upstairs, and figured I'd share it for anyone else interested:

I also came across this video during my search and this is such a pretty build. I wonder if this could be translated well into Minecraft. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just remembered that someone made a full sized LEGO house complete with an upstairs, and figured I'd share it for anyone else interested:

I also came across this video during my search and this is such a pretty build. I wonder if this could be translated well into Minecraft. Hmm