Last Game You Played
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Civilization VI

I've started a new game for the first time in a couple of months Tongue . This time, I'm playing as the Netherlands, which is pretty good fun: I get to build my own artificial land, and expand the continent outwards LOL . However, doing this doesn't get me any closer to building a spaceship or conquering my rivals - so, I've also had to work towards actually winning the game. The victory I've chosen is the Religious Victory - and, so far, I've converted the Russians to my religion, and I'm in the process of converting the Mapuche.

After this, another four to go before I win!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Civilization VI

I've started a new game for the first time in a couple of months Tongue . This time, I'm playing as the Netherlands, which is pretty good fun: I get to build my own artificial land, and expand the continent outwards LOL . However, doing this doesn't get me any closer to building a spaceship or conquering my rivals - so, I've also had to work towards actually winning the game. The victory I've chosen is the Religious Victory - and, so far, I've converted the Russians to my religion, and I'm in the process of converting the Mapuche.

After this, another four to go before I win!
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,115
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Dragon Lord :
Yeah really sucks nothing has been done about allowing offline play be able to obtain trophies. Even after joining the Community with the most members (only 1k when I joined), there are new players after even me starting, asking and talking about online. Eh

Grand Kingdom

More quests, finally got a troop to Level 10. Would've gotten a lot higher if I were focusing on one or two teams by now, and after obtaining the two units I wanted I'm still going into Hire to change some current units to ones that have better discipline ranks. So I'm juggling about with all 6 Troops and more for leveling. Mighty long grind, but at the moment I don't mind too much. XD  I've got an Arcanist who I have made to look like Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening. Once I saw the face options could have their eyes closed/slit open, it was an immediate decision. Haven't customised anyone else to look like anyone specific though. Just him.  =3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,115 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Dragon Lord :
Yeah really sucks nothing has been done about allowing offline play be able to obtain trophies. Even after joining the Community with the most members (only 1k when I joined), there are new players after even me starting, asking and talking about online. Eh

Grand Kingdom

More quests, finally got a troop to Level 10. Would've gotten a lot higher if I were focusing on one or two teams by now, and after obtaining the two units I wanted I'm still going into Hire to change some current units to ones that have better discipline ranks. So I'm juggling about with all 6 Troops and more for leveling. Mighty long grind, but at the moment I don't mind too much. XD  I've got an Arcanist who I have made to look like Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening. Once I saw the face options could have their eyes closed/slit open, it was an immediate decision. Haven't customised anyone else to look like anyone specific though. Just him.  =3
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 3rd, 2020, 10:02 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
UPDATE: So after doing some more digging, it seems that it's true that the platinum is completely unobtainable if a player did not manage to get at least 2 flags through online before the shutdown. Otherwise the most you can get offline is 18 flags (10 DLC + 6 in-game). I don't remember if I got any flags in the brief time that I spent playing online mode, but if I did, then I can still get the platinum.

Either way this is really stupid and the fact that NISA hasn't done anything about the broken platinum is crap. They need to patch the game to make all of the flags obtainable in-game.
I hate games that do this. If online is a key component to the offline portions of your game, or has any part in trophies/achievements, then something should be done to fix that when the online gets disabled. I dread to think how awful CTR:NF would be to play if the online was shut down and the offline coin rates weren't buffed to compensate for it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 3rd, 2020, 10:02 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
UPDATE: So after doing some more digging, it seems that it's true that the platinum is completely unobtainable if a player did not manage to get at least 2 flags through online before the shutdown. Otherwise the most you can get offline is 18 flags (10 DLC + 6 in-game). I don't remember if I got any flags in the brief time that I spent playing online mode, but if I did, then I can still get the platinum.

Either way this is really stupid and the fact that NISA hasn't done anything about the broken platinum is crap. They need to patch the game to make all of the flags obtainable in-game.
I hate games that do this. If online is a key component to the offline portions of your game, or has any part in trophies/achievements, then something should be done to fix that when the online gets disabled. I dread to think how awful CTR:NF would be to play if the online was shut down and the offline coin rates weren't buffed to compensate for it.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, it's really stupid that they didn't do as something as patch the game to make it so more flags were obtainable in offline mode. That way at least the platinum can be gotten, although without the online your level grinding is going to take at least three or four times as long, but that'd be better than an unobtainable, broken platinum.

Nioh (PS4)

So I've made my way to the Way of the Demon difficulty (3rd difficulty). At first I was really lost and confused on how the hell I was suppose to make any progress in this, because my weapons didn't do anything to enemies and nearly every one of them one-shot me. But after shaking off the initial dread, I managed to very slowly build my equipment up to the point where I could actually do some damage. It was a huge struggle though, because I needed to get loot off of enemies to get my equipment to the level it needed to be for Way of the Demon, but it's kind of hard to do that when you can't do any damage. I feel like this is a spot in the game they really dropped the ball with and they should have made the transition to the next difficulty a little smoother. I'll have to re-live this once I unlock Way of the Wise (4th difficulty) and finally Way of the Nioh (final difficulty).

Right now I'm just going through all of the main-game missions on Way of the Demon to continue to build up my equipment. The max level for this difficulty is level 200 +20 weapons/armor. I have my main weapon and armor to level 200, and my weapon is +19, so it's almost to the max. My armor still has a bit to go (all at +15 currently). To give an explanation to those who don't know about Nioh, how the + levels work in this game is that each + is the equivalent of 10 levels. So a 200 + 10 weapon is the equivalent of a level 300 weapon. Every mission has an indicator of difficulty, and it's all based off of your equipment level. If the mission says it's level 500, then you should have around a total equipment level of 500. Though that doesn't help you at all when it comes to surviving. Even if a level says it's a 1/5 difficulty for your equipment level, you're still going to get 1-2 shot by all of the enemies in the level. It is helpful as an indicator on whether or not you'll be able to do any damage however. If you go into a 5/5 level, expect to do shit for damage.

Anyways, like I said previously, I'm just working through all of the missions again on this difficulty while slowly getting all of my gear closer to +20. One of the trophies for the first DLC requires beating all of the main-game missions + first DLC missions on Way of the Demon, so I have to do it eventually anyways. I'm not in too much of a hurry to get into Way of the Wise and have to start from square one gear wise again.

Bravely Default II Demo (NS)

Finished up the optional boss after you complete the demo. It was a good challenge, I must say. My first attempt at it didn't end so well, but then I went in with two Black Mages (since Blizzara was the only thing that could deal any good damage to it) and pulled off a very close victory. When the boss gets low on health, it'll Brave 2-3 times and if you're unlucky it'll use its full-team attack 3-4 times and wipe your party out. Luckily blinding it helped a lot with that though. Had several times when my entire team avoided that attack because of it.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the demo and enjoyed the challenge of that last boss. I know the main game won't be on the same difficulty level as the demo, so I enjoyed it while I could. Although I really hope that the main game has a Hard/Very Hard mode, because I do feel that this game's systems shine the brightest when you're put up against a great challenge. Very excited for this release now.

Azur Lane [Android]

One of the very first events that EN got, which I missed because I hadn't started playing yet, got added back in the game as an Archived Event. Although it sucks that it wasn't a true re-run so that I'd have the event shop to dip into, I'm just grateful that I have a chance to get all of the girls from this event that I missed out on. So far I've gotten all but two of them. One of the two I haven't gotten is the main one I want -- Minneapolis -- because I can't not pull for Minneapolis when I live in Minnesota. I wasted all my coins pulling, so I have to wait to restock on that before I can pull more. I'm also getting low on cubes (143 - I had over 400 just a couple of weeks ago before our last event and how these girls showing back up). Hopefully we get a couple weeks of no new banners so I can restock my resources.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, it's really stupid that they didn't do as something as patch the game to make it so more flags were obtainable in offline mode. That way at least the platinum can be gotten, although without the online your level grinding is going to take at least three or four times as long, but that'd be better than an unobtainable, broken platinum.

Nioh (PS4)

So I've made my way to the Way of the Demon difficulty (3rd difficulty). At first I was really lost and confused on how the hell I was suppose to make any progress in this, because my weapons didn't do anything to enemies and nearly every one of them one-shot me. But after shaking off the initial dread, I managed to very slowly build my equipment up to the point where I could actually do some damage. It was a huge struggle though, because I needed to get loot off of enemies to get my equipment to the level it needed to be for Way of the Demon, but it's kind of hard to do that when you can't do any damage. I feel like this is a spot in the game they really dropped the ball with and they should have made the transition to the next difficulty a little smoother. I'll have to re-live this once I unlock Way of the Wise (4th difficulty) and finally Way of the Nioh (final difficulty).

Right now I'm just going through all of the main-game missions on Way of the Demon to continue to build up my equipment. The max level for this difficulty is level 200 +20 weapons/armor. I have my main weapon and armor to level 200, and my weapon is +19, so it's almost to the max. My armor still has a bit to go (all at +15 currently). To give an explanation to those who don't know about Nioh, how the + levels work in this game is that each + is the equivalent of 10 levels. So a 200 + 10 weapon is the equivalent of a level 300 weapon. Every mission has an indicator of difficulty, and it's all based off of your equipment level. If the mission says it's level 500, then you should have around a total equipment level of 500. Though that doesn't help you at all when it comes to surviving. Even if a level says it's a 1/5 difficulty for your equipment level, you're still going to get 1-2 shot by all of the enemies in the level. It is helpful as an indicator on whether or not you'll be able to do any damage however. If you go into a 5/5 level, expect to do shit for damage.

Anyways, like I said previously, I'm just working through all of the missions again on this difficulty while slowly getting all of my gear closer to +20. One of the trophies for the first DLC requires beating all of the main-game missions + first DLC missions on Way of the Demon, so I have to do it eventually anyways. I'm not in too much of a hurry to get into Way of the Wise and have to start from square one gear wise again.

Bravely Default II Demo (NS)

Finished up the optional boss after you complete the demo. It was a good challenge, I must say. My first attempt at it didn't end so well, but then I went in with two Black Mages (since Blizzara was the only thing that could deal any good damage to it) and pulled off a very close victory. When the boss gets low on health, it'll Brave 2-3 times and if you're unlucky it'll use its full-team attack 3-4 times and wipe your party out. Luckily blinding it helped a lot with that though. Had several times when my entire team avoided that attack because of it.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the demo and enjoyed the challenge of that last boss. I know the main game won't be on the same difficulty level as the demo, so I enjoyed it while I could. Although I really hope that the main game has a Hard/Very Hard mode, because I do feel that this game's systems shine the brightest when you're put up against a great challenge. Very excited for this release now.

Azur Lane [Android]

One of the very first events that EN got, which I missed because I hadn't started playing yet, got added back in the game as an Archived Event. Although it sucks that it wasn't a true re-run so that I'd have the event shop to dip into, I'm just grateful that I have a chance to get all of the girls from this event that I missed out on. So far I've gotten all but two of them. One of the two I haven't gotten is the main one I want -- Minneapolis -- because I can't not pull for Minneapolis when I live in Minnesota. I wasted all my coins pulling, so I have to wait to restock on that before I can pull more. I'm also getting low on cubes (143 - I had over 400 just a couple of weeks ago before our last event and how these girls showing back up). Hopefully we get a couple weeks of no new banners so I can restock my resources.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch]: I'm close to paying off the third expansion to my house. I'm just short a few bells, should be able to get it paid off sometime today.

Pokemon Shield [Switch]: Catching Gigantamax babies.

Final Fantasy VII Remake PlayStation 4: Got as far as the guards outside of Mako Rector 5.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch]: I'm close to paying off the third expansion to my house. I'm just short a few bells, should be able to get it paid off sometime today.

Pokemon Shield [Switch]: Catching Gigantamax babies.

Final Fantasy VII Remake PlayStation 4: Got as far as the guards outside of Mako Rector 5.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Grand Kingdom

Still grinding, but I'm not playing for long when I am. Waiting to find a new Witch and maybe Paladin as my first ones have a bad rank in Magic and Strength respectively.

Bravely Default II (demo)

Seems OK to me. Don't mind the difficulty, did get me good a few times. Haven't Game Over'd just yet, worst I got was a bad enemy formation, all down but Gloria with 1HP and managed to flee with her, where my turn before my flee failed with Elvis who got knocked out immediately after (he's my Black Mage at the moment). I was quite a while away from the town too and was lucky I got back when I hugged the edges of the overworld. XD 

I have nit-picky problems with the demo which I hope won't be in the final version. OK, two of them which I assume is because of the difficulty being raised. The day to night cycle looks ridiculous, I walk over half the screen length to the left or right and it turns sunset, then a few moments later night falls. Also again after a battle and move over to another enemy, the previous enemy I fought has already respawned. I'm hoping those are a part of the difficulty increase, they accelerated the day-night cycle so the enemies can return all of sudden for either more battling or to give you an obstacle of you're low on health/MP and trying to get back to town. I'm happy about the idea of respawn rate corresponding to the day cycle, don't get me wrong, it's just wrong here. XD 
The other nit-picky problem I have, but think it will be staying is the turning around animation is so slow. Instead of flicking your control stick in the opposite direction, you have to move the stick around properly to get Seth to turn around. I wasn't expecting a snap animation because of the 3D models, but I at least thought the movement would've a bit quicker. I doubt it'll be changed though.
Last thing I don't like is Elvis. I...hm. It's not just the voice, I can usually take the accent normally but with him I just want him to shut up. I can imagine the Japanese voiceover would be easier to listen to but I also don't like his dialogue. Ehh yeah he might be the deciding factor for me. Maybe later I'll find I'm being too hard with my opinion of him.

I still intend to continue with the demo at least though.

After playing Bravely Default II demo I played a bit of Smash Ultimate, then...

Octopath Traveler

Made my way to the Shrine of the Runeblade with Cyrus, Tressa, H'annit & Ophilia. Defeated Balogar and received the Runeblade job. Next I intend to fight Managarmr with the other 4 characters, then make my way to the final area/boss.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Grand Kingdom

Still grinding, but I'm not playing for long when I am. Waiting to find a new Witch and maybe Paladin as my first ones have a bad rank in Magic and Strength respectively.

Bravely Default II (demo)

Seems OK to me. Don't mind the difficulty, did get me good a few times. Haven't Game Over'd just yet, worst I got was a bad enemy formation, all down but Gloria with 1HP and managed to flee with her, where my turn before my flee failed with Elvis who got knocked out immediately after (he's my Black Mage at the moment). I was quite a while away from the town too and was lucky I got back when I hugged the edges of the overworld. XD 

I have nit-picky problems with the demo which I hope won't be in the final version. OK, two of them which I assume is because of the difficulty being raised. The day to night cycle looks ridiculous, I walk over half the screen length to the left or right and it turns sunset, then a few moments later night falls. Also again after a battle and move over to another enemy, the previous enemy I fought has already respawned. I'm hoping those are a part of the difficulty increase, they accelerated the day-night cycle so the enemies can return all of sudden for either more battling or to give you an obstacle of you're low on health/MP and trying to get back to town. I'm happy about the idea of respawn rate corresponding to the day cycle, don't get me wrong, it's just wrong here. XD 
The other nit-picky problem I have, but think it will be staying is the turning around animation is so slow. Instead of flicking your control stick in the opposite direction, you have to move the stick around properly to get Seth to turn around. I wasn't expecting a snap animation because of the 3D models, but I at least thought the movement would've a bit quicker. I doubt it'll be changed though.
Last thing I don't like is Elvis. I...hm. It's not just the voice, I can usually take the accent normally but with him I just want him to shut up. I can imagine the Japanese voiceover would be easier to listen to but I also don't like his dialogue. Ehh yeah he might be the deciding factor for me. Maybe later I'll find I'm being too hard with my opinion of him.

I still intend to continue with the demo at least though.

After playing Bravely Default II demo I played a bit of Smash Ultimate, then...

Octopath Traveler

Made my way to the Shrine of the Runeblade with Cyrus, Tressa, H'annit & Ophilia. Defeated Balogar and received the Runeblade job. Next I intend to fight Managarmr with the other 4 characters, then make my way to the final area/boss.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Minecraft

I did a couple of things today. First of all, I assisted with making my sister's sheep house safer - by adding a load of torches in the immediate vicinity Tongue . Then, I resumed work on a decorative wooden house that I started ages ago, and never finished.

Also, I died because I jumped down a mine shaft whose walls hadn't been built properly, and I ended up landing on hard ground instead of the water at the bottom. That was rather annoying >_< .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Minecraft

I did a couple of things today. First of all, I assisted with making my sister's sheep house safer - by adding a load of torches in the immediate vicinity Tongue . Then, I resumed work on a decorative wooden house that I started ages ago, and never finished.

Also, I died because I jumped down a mine shaft whose walls hadn't been built properly, and I ended up landing on hard ground instead of the water at the bottom. That was rather annoying >_< .
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 20th, 2020, 12:01 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Minecraft
That sheep reminds me of the giant sheep Achievement Hunter made in their OG Xbox 360 world for their Let's Plays.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)
Checked out the new update content, and bought five of everything from Leif and got my first art piece from Redd.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 20th, 2020, 12:01 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Minecraft
That sheep reminds me of the giant sheep Achievement Hunter made in their OG Xbox 360 world for their Let's Plays.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)
Checked out the new update content, and bought five of everything from Leif and got my first art piece from Redd.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Minecraft

Today, I built a little workshop in one of my bases. Nothing too fancy, but it does have most of the main crafting stations.

(To be honest, though, I should probably add some Blast Furnaces before I declare that project 'finished' Tongue )
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Minecraft

Today, I built a little workshop in one of my bases. Nothing too fancy, but it does have most of the main crafting stations.

(To be honest, though, I should probably add some Blast Furnaces before I declare that project 'finished' Tongue )
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Bravely Default II (demo)

After playing it again, I've changed my opinion on the enemy respawn rate. They actually run away from you when you're at I assume a level they're programmed to individually. For instance Goblins started running away, then after I levelled some more and Wolves started to run away. Gradually every enemy I got close to ran away as I levelled up until I got to the max level 20, where the snakes which seemed to be the strongest of the area(s) avoided me too. You can still catch up to them and battle if you want. Pretty cool mechanic, which I wish some more games had. Makes exploration easier instead of continuously having to battle whenever an enemy notices you.
Also have come tolerate Elvis better, I get he's the comic relief most of the time, but ehh still wish he was someone else. XD 

Trials of Mana (demo) {Switch}

On a whim just tried the demo a little while ago, and enjoyed it enough to buy the game. Opening stories of each character can have a bit of poor story telling, but I can forgive from being a remake of a '95 game. Like seriously why does a child hold a key to something that protects his home area?! Anyway, played as Hawkeye first with Angela and Reisz, although Reisz didn't join the party at all in my demo playthrough. Since I didn't get Reisz I played her second with Angela and Charlotte, the third with Duran, Kevin and Charlotte. Will be partnering up the proper pairs when I play full game though, as two characters out of the six have common main villains in their story.

Played Grand Kingdom, Smash Ultimate and Code Vein too. 
In Code Vein I unlocked Jack's alternate outfit. So wish I could take a picture of all the alts together. Especially Eva and Jack's.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Bravely Default II (demo)

After playing it again, I've changed my opinion on the enemy respawn rate. They actually run away from you when you're at I assume a level they're programmed to individually. For instance Goblins started running away, then after I levelled some more and Wolves started to run away. Gradually every enemy I got close to ran away as I levelled up until I got to the max level 20, where the snakes which seemed to be the strongest of the area(s) avoided me too. You can still catch up to them and battle if you want. Pretty cool mechanic, which I wish some more games had. Makes exploration easier instead of continuously having to battle whenever an enemy notices you.
Also have come tolerate Elvis better, I get he's the comic relief most of the time, but ehh still wish he was someone else. XD 

Trials of Mana (demo) {Switch}

On a whim just tried the demo a little while ago, and enjoyed it enough to buy the game. Opening stories of each character can have a bit of poor story telling, but I can forgive from being a remake of a '95 game. Like seriously why does a child hold a key to something that protects his home area?! Anyway, played as Hawkeye first with Angela and Reisz, although Reisz didn't join the party at all in my demo playthrough. Since I didn't get Reisz I played her second with Angela and Charlotte, the third with Duran, Kevin and Charlotte. Will be partnering up the proper pairs when I play full game though, as two characters out of the six have common main villains in their story.

Played Grand Kingdom, Smash Ultimate and Code Vein too. 
In Code Vein I unlocked Jack's alternate outfit. So wish I could take a picture of all the alts together. Especially Eva and Jack's.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 27th, 2020, 01:22 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I was so gutted when Blast Furnaces only smelt ores faster and not blocks. Especially when stone is the one thing I probably smelt more of than anything else, especially in large quantities. >.<

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Just wandered the world seeing what I stumble upon and got the last Sheikah tower to fill my map. I still have about 40 shrines to find but my goal right now is to find the full armour set that grants lightning resistance so I don't have to worry so much about facing Thunderblight Ganon.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 27th, 2020, 01:22 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I was so gutted when Blast Furnaces only smelt ores faster and not blocks. Especially when stone is the one thing I probably smelt more of than anything else, especially in large quantities. >.<

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Just wandered the world seeing what I stumble upon and got the last Sheikah tower to fill my map. I still have about 40 shrines to find but my goal right now is to find the full armour set that grants lightning resistance so I don't have to worry so much about facing Thunderblight Ganon.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Just my dailies, lately. Planted a bunch of flowers around my house and the town and they finished blooming yesterday. I keep finding items related to my job so I've been filling my extra bedroom with that stuff and I wonder if at any point I just go all in and dedicate it to my boss ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Just my dailies, lately. Planted a bunch of flowers around my house and the town and they finished blooming yesterday. I keep finding items related to my job so I've been filling my extra bedroom with that stuff and I wonder if at any point I just go all in and dedicate it to my boss ROFL
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
@Mr EliteL You're not wrong about Elvis in BD2. He's absolute trash and his English voice is disgusting. It made me change to JP voices immediately (though tbh I would have changed eventually anyways, the terrible English voices just made me switch immediately instead of after a while).

Nioh 2 (PS4)

Finished up getting 100% trophies for Nioh (Platinums + all DLC trophies) and started this immediately afterwards. Love that I get to play as my own character this time around instead of some fugly white dude. I've only to the second region right now, but so far I'm very divided on the new mechanics. Some of them are really nice, but others I feel take away from the game. For example, they made Yokai and bosses much tankier in this game, and introduced a mechanic where they will use a 'Burst Attack' on you, and you can 'Burst Counter' it to do major Ki (stamina) damage, eventually knocking them down and being able to do a finishing move on them. The only problem is that it takes several Burst Counters to deplete their Ki, and you have to go through this process multiple times to take them down. Bosses are especially bad because once you've depleted their Ki, they immediately unleash a dark realm that encompasses the entire boss arena, and while this realm is active, your Ki recovery is drastically reduced, while the boss's attack speed and damage is increased, and they also get a rapid Ki regeneration. The problem with all of this is that this is supposed to be an action game, but the gameplay is so slowed down because of this and it feels like a slog a lot of the times. At least on a new playthrough where you don't have access to an overpowered build. Basically boss battles devolve into running around waiting for the boss to Burst Attack (which can take forever), countering it, and repeating until you knock them down and can do a Finishing Move on them. Then you repeat that entire process until they are dead.

I'm not saying I want the game to be one of those actions games where you can just crazy perma-combo bosses to death, but man it does not feel very fun when bosses take 10-15 minutes because they decide to never use a Burst Attack on you, and hit you for 80% of your health in a single hit. I just don't feel like Nioh 2's bosses are any where near as fun as the first game's. The action gets way too slow against them, because between their immense Health pools, how little damage they take and how much damage they do, you can't really go in and do anything against them.

I'm hoping maybe the human bosses will feel a little better to fight, since they shouldn't have the same mechanics as a Yokai boss. I don't mind a difficult game at all, but it eventually gets to the point when you give enemies so many advantages compared to the player that you've crossed the line from being difficult to being artificially difficult.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
@Mr EliteL You're not wrong about Elvis in BD2. He's absolute trash and his English voice is disgusting. It made me change to JP voices immediately (though tbh I would have changed eventually anyways, the terrible English voices just made me switch immediately instead of after a while).

Nioh 2 (PS4)

Finished up getting 100% trophies for Nioh (Platinums + all DLC trophies) and started this immediately afterwards. Love that I get to play as my own character this time around instead of some fugly white dude. I've only to the second region right now, but so far I'm very divided on the new mechanics. Some of them are really nice, but others I feel take away from the game. For example, they made Yokai and bosses much tankier in this game, and introduced a mechanic where they will use a 'Burst Attack' on you, and you can 'Burst Counter' it to do major Ki (stamina) damage, eventually knocking them down and being able to do a finishing move on them. The only problem is that it takes several Burst Counters to deplete their Ki, and you have to go through this process multiple times to take them down. Bosses are especially bad because once you've depleted their Ki, they immediately unleash a dark realm that encompasses the entire boss arena, and while this realm is active, your Ki recovery is drastically reduced, while the boss's attack speed and damage is increased, and they also get a rapid Ki regeneration. The problem with all of this is that this is supposed to be an action game, but the gameplay is so slowed down because of this and it feels like a slog a lot of the times. At least on a new playthrough where you don't have access to an overpowered build. Basically boss battles devolve into running around waiting for the boss to Burst Attack (which can take forever), countering it, and repeating until you knock them down and can do a Finishing Move on them. Then you repeat that entire process until they are dead.

I'm not saying I want the game to be one of those actions games where you can just crazy perma-combo bosses to death, but man it does not feel very fun when bosses take 10-15 minutes because they decide to never use a Burst Attack on you, and hit you for 80% of your health in a single hit. I just don't feel like Nioh 2's bosses are any where near as fun as the first game's. The action gets way too slow against them, because between their immense Health pools, how little damage they take and how much damage they do, you can't really go in and do anything against them.

I'm hoping maybe the human bosses will feel a little better to fight, since they shouldn't have the same mechanics as a Yokai boss. I don't mind a difficult game at all, but it eventually gets to the point when you give enemies so many advantages compared to the player that you've crossed the line from being difficult to being artificially difficult.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Dragon Lord Yeah, he really is. I've yet to try the Japanese voices yet, I'll see how they are when I get back and finish the demo. Can imagine them to be easier to listen to.

Trials of Mana (Switch)

Playing Hawkeye, Reisz and Angela. Over halfway through the game now, I believe. Well for one playthrough anyway. Collected 6/8 Elementals, I assume all hell will be breaking lose soon once I have the 8 of them. Quite enjoyable and mostly smooth sailing, with a door proving to be the hardest boss so far. XD Then again I was a bit silly not realising I didn't have to always worry about it's summons during the fight. Without context I know it sounds easy, I am playing on Hard though. Bosses since the door have been eating away my healing items quite a bit, though the game does limit your full supply down to 9 each when in battle, which I quite like. I do make sure I'm stocked up well with them, as I didn't select the healer for my party. Also like if using a heal item, it prioritises whoever needs it more in your team instead of on yourself all the time, making support easier. If mage is down on MP and she's not able to fill it up again due to enemy pressure, I or my other partner can help.  =3
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Dragon Lord Yeah, he really is. I've yet to try the Japanese voices yet, I'll see how they are when I get back and finish the demo. Can imagine them to be easier to listen to.

Trials of Mana (Switch)

Playing Hawkeye, Reisz and Angela. Over halfway through the game now, I believe. Well for one playthrough anyway. Collected 6/8 Elementals, I assume all hell will be breaking lose soon once I have the 8 of them. Quite enjoyable and mostly smooth sailing, with a door proving to be the hardest boss so far. XD Then again I was a bit silly not realising I didn't have to always worry about it's summons during the fight. Without context I know it sounds easy, I am playing on Hard though. Bosses since the door have been eating away my healing items quite a bit, though the game does limit your full supply down to 9 each when in battle, which I quite like. I do make sure I'm stocked up well with them, as I didn't select the healer for my party. Also like if using a heal item, it prioritises whoever needs it more in your team instead of on yourself all the time, making support easier. If mage is down on MP and she's not able to fill it up again due to enemy pressure, I or my other partner can help.  =3
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Crypt of the NecroDancer

I got a fairly decent start, picking up a longsword and a Crown of Greed in the first couple of levels. Unfortunately, I screwed up a miniboss fight (against a Giant Bat - normally one of the easiest minibosses to deal with), and I died before the end of the first zone >_< ...
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Crypt of the NecroDancer

I got a fairly decent start, picking up a longsword and a Crown of Greed in the first couple of levels. Unfortunately, I screwed up a miniboss fight (against a Giant Bat - normally one of the easiest minibosses to deal with), and I died before the end of the first zone >_< ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 779 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 4,339 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,244 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,916 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface