Last Game You Played
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 20th, 2023, 02:30 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Resident Evil 4: Chainsaw Demo

Didn't play a whole lot of it; just played it a bit to test out the new graphics card. It worked wonderfully, and I'm very pleased with it. Still, the small amount I did play left me impressed in how it felt familiar, and yet still different. It actually feels like it embraces its horror roots quite a bit more than the original. Maybe it's the graphics, maybe it's the atmosphere, but if the rest of the game plays as well as this, it is a worthy replacement of a great game.
Yeah, I couldn't quite put my finger on it either but something about the remake gives off a way stronger horror vibe for the opening and village area compared to the original. For me it might have been because I couldn't just camp out at a particular spot because I'd get swarmed, whereas in the original it was pretty easy to get a chokepoint going. It also didn't help that I never got into the house with the shotgun so I had to try and fight off hordes of enemies with just the pistol. Suffer

(Mar 20th, 2023, 07:53 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Final Fantasy VII

steam version with tons of mods but one mod that added voice acting and a day and night system to the game. It was tons of fun and the voice acting gives me 90s dub feels and I'm all for it. other mods added new textures all around. I'll try to get comparison pictures when I'm back on my pc later. It feels like a better remake than FF7R.
Interesting. Is the voice acting just taking the stuff from the remake, or did a group of people come together and voice the original game themselves for the mod?

Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)
I haven't progressed the story in quite a few play sessions now, since I won't do that without @ShiraNoMai being home so she doesn't miss anything and any time I've played she hasn't been home. So in the meantime I've just been doing the odd side quest I still have left to do or just discovering all the things on the map I haven't gone through yet. Hopefully I can do some story stuff tonight. Ayaya
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 20th, 2023, 02:30 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Resident Evil 4: Chainsaw Demo

Didn't play a whole lot of it; just played it a bit to test out the new graphics card. It worked wonderfully, and I'm very pleased with it. Still, the small amount I did play left me impressed in how it felt familiar, and yet still different. It actually feels like it embraces its horror roots quite a bit more than the original. Maybe it's the graphics, maybe it's the atmosphere, but if the rest of the game plays as well as this, it is a worthy replacement of a great game.
Yeah, I couldn't quite put my finger on it either but something about the remake gives off a way stronger horror vibe for the opening and village area compared to the original. For me it might have been because I couldn't just camp out at a particular spot because I'd get swarmed, whereas in the original it was pretty easy to get a chokepoint going. It also didn't help that I never got into the house with the shotgun so I had to try and fight off hordes of enemies with just the pistol. Suffer

Final Fantasy VII

steam version with tons of mods but one mod that added voice acting and a day and night system to the game. It was tons of fun and the voice acting gives me 90s dub feels and I'm all for it. other mods added new textures all around. I'll try to get comparison pictures when I'm back on my pc later. It feels like a better remake than FF7R.
Interesting. Is the voice acting just taking the stuff from the remake, or did a group of people come together and voice the original game themselves for the mod?

I haven't progressed the story in quite a few play sessions now, since I won't do that without @ShiraNoMai being home so she doesn't miss anything and any time I've played she hasn't been home. So in the meantime I've just been doing the odd side quest I still have left to do or just discovering all the things on the map I haven't gone through yet. Hopefully I can do some story stuff tonight. Ayaya
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Iirc the voice mod is for the original final fantasy 7 title. I've heard excellent things about it.

Last game I played was Pokémon Violet and Scaret. I did a bunch of raid dens 2 shiny, the other's were farming the Blissy event for candies and tera shards. More so in Scarlet compared to Violet.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Iirc the voice mod is for the original final fantasy 7 title. I've heard excellent things about it.

Last game I played was Pokémon Violet and Scaret. I did a bunch of raid dens 2 shiny, the other's were farming the Blissy event for candies and tera shards. More so in Scarlet compared to Violet.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Mar 24th, 2023, 12:43 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Final Fantasy VII

fan voice acting but it's done really well. you can just tell some of it is inspired by ff7r.

Metroid: Desolation

Romhack! so good. nothing particularly hard though. doesn't really point out where to go so there's lots of roaming and it's honestly frustrating but I am still enjoying the hell outta it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Mar 24th, 2023, 12:43 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Final Fantasy VII

fan voice acting but it's done really well. you can just tell some of it is inspired by ff7r.

Metroid: Desolation

Romhack! so good. nothing particularly hard though. doesn't really point out where to go so there's lots of roaming and it's honestly frustrating but I am still enjoying the hell outta it
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mario Strikers: Battle League

Played the tutorial section for a bit to see how much different it is to the previous games. Similar, like that you now have to collect a... thingy, forgot what it's called, to do the Super Strike this time. Control buttons are a bit different but dislike the tackle and body tackle are now one button instead, other controls overlap too a bit more than previous. Need to play more to get used it, plus hopefully change buttons about which I didn't try to do.

Genshin Impact

Dailies as usual
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mario Strikers: Battle League

Played the tutorial section for a bit to see how much different it is to the previous games. Similar, like that you now have to collect a... thingy, forgot what it's called, to do the Super Strike this time. Control buttons are a bit different but dislike the tackle and body tackle are now one button instead, other controls overlap too a bit more than previous. Need to play more to get used it, plus hopefully change buttons about which I didn't try to do.

Genshin Impact

Dailies as usual
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Just cleaning up the last few things I have to do to get the platinum, which is really tedious stuff. Once I get it done I'll probably be done with this game until the DLC comes out in a few weeks.

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Just doing daily runs as usual. They've all felt rather dull ever since the recent G-Fuel themed daily run though, which I really need to go back and try doing again because it was fun but got really tough the further on it went.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Just cleaning up the last few things I have to do to get the platinum, which is really tedious stuff. Once I get it done I'll probably be done with this game until the DLC comes out in a few weeks.

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Just doing daily runs as usual. They've all felt rather dull ever since the recent G-Fuel themed daily run though, which I really need to go back and try doing again because it was fun but got really tough the further on it went.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Metroid Dread randomizer

Maaaaan. I love love love Metroid and I love randomizers. This was so much fun and actually forced me to use sequence breaks in vanilla Dread. Progression items like suits and such were behind sequence break areas.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Metroid Dread randomizer

Maaaaan. I love love love Metroid and I love randomizers. This was so much fun and actually forced me to use sequence breaks in vanilla Dread. Progression items like suits and such were behind sequence break areas.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Octopath Traveler (PC)

Decided to finally start this up on Steam since I had to call in to work last night due to the weather. Had started this on Switch a while back, but stopped playing it once they had announced the Steam port. Started with best girl Tressa, then went north and got Cyrus (I know from speedruns that he's great for clearing normal battles fast), and then went and got Ophilia. I'll continue to move in this circle and head for H'aanit next.

Game is as enjoyable as I remember it being from my time on the Switch version.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Did my dallies and such. Still procrastinating on the Fungus event since it's absolute garbage and the only event that competes with Windtrace in being absolute ass. I'll get it done at the last minute like I normally do, but man do I hate it.

Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)

I kind of overleveled my team and now I'm just crushing through chapters. Not that it's a bad thing since Fates is super trash, so the faster I get this game done, the better. Though I have two more playthroughs to do after this one, so I still have a lot of pain left to go through.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Octopath Traveler (PC)

Decided to finally start this up on Steam since I had to call in to work last night due to the weather. Had started this on Switch a while back, but stopped playing it once they had announced the Steam port. Started with best girl Tressa, then went north and got Cyrus (I know from speedruns that he's great for clearing normal battles fast), and then went and got Ophilia. I'll continue to move in this circle and head for H'aanit next.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Did my dallies and such. Still procrastinating on the Fungus event since it's absolute garbage and the only event that competes with Windtrace in being absolute ass. I'll get it done at the last minute like I normally do, but man do I hate it.

Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)

I kind of overleveled my team and now I'm just crushing through chapters. Not that it's a bad thing since Fates is super trash, so the faster I get this game done, the better. Though I have two more playthroughs to do after this one, so I still have a lot of pain left to go through.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Hogwarts Legacy

I haven't played much of this so far, since I've been focusing on Transport Fever and The Sims 4 (and on getting up to a rating of 1500 on Chess.com LOL ). But I played a bit more this evening. I went to Hogsmeade, and defeated an armoured troll (on my third attempt) - but now, I'm back in the common room, ready to start my next mission Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Hogwarts Legacy

I haven't played much of this so far, since I've been focusing on Transport Fever and The Sims 4 (and on getting up to a rating of 1500 on Chess.com LOL ). But I played a bit more this evening. I went to Hogsmeade, and defeated an armoured troll (on my third attempt) - but now, I'm back in the common room, ready to start my next mission Smile .
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Apr 1st, 2023, 09:26 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Octopath Traveler (PC)

Yooooo me too! I started with best boy Alfyn though. Going clockwise, onto my final party acquisition of Primrose and I'll probably advance Alfyn's story next. It is very enjoyable and chill.  Grin

Also playing my Pokemon Black/White 3: Genesis ROMhack; grinding up a little for the 3rd gym. I've swapped a few different mons in, so I left myself with a bit of catch up, but I have a solid team I think: Houndoor (Fire/Dark), Blitzle (Elec), Dewott (Water), Drilbur (Ground/Steel), Woobat (Psychic/Flying), and Tympole (Water). Depending on how Tympole's stats work out compared to Dewott's once it evolves, I may swap it for Trapinch or Litwick.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Apr 1st, 2023, 09:26 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Octopath Traveler (PC)

Yooooo me too! I started with best boy Alfyn though. Going clockwise, onto my final party acquisition of Primrose and I'll probably advance Alfyn's story next. It is very enjoyable and chill.  Grin

Also playing my Pokemon Black/White 3: Genesis ROMhack; grinding up a little for the 3rd gym. I've swapped a few different mons in, so I left myself with a bit of catch up, but I have a solid team I think: Houndoor (Fire/Dark), Blitzle (Elec), Dewott (Water), Drilbur (Ground/Steel), Woobat (Psychic/Flying), and Tympole (Water). Depending on how Tympole's stats work out compared to Dewott's once it evolves, I may swap it for Trapinch or Litwick.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Civilization VI

Now that my sister's back home, we've started a new game. I'm playing as the Netherlands, and she's playing as Carthage. So far, we've got four cities each - but we already seem to be running out of places to settle :-/ !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Civilization VI

Now that my sister's back home, we've started a new game. I'm playing as the Netherlands, and she's playing as Carthage. So far, we've got four cities each - but we already seem to be running out of places to settle :-/ !
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Metroid Dread randomizer

continuing to familiarize myself with this game, I tried a harder seed. Less power ups, harder enemies right in the beginning, AND doors are randomized. Not rando rooms like you can do in Super Metroid, but the doors themselves are random. What was once a regular door might be a super missile door now.

yes i am struggling with it. Angry Angry Angry
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Metroid Dread randomizer

continuing to familiarize myself with this game, I tried a harder seed. Less power ups, harder enemies right in the beginning, AND doors are randomized. Not rando rooms like you can do in Super Metroid, but the doors themselves are random. What was once a regular door might be a super missile door now.

yes i am struggling with it. Angry Angry Angry
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Entrance rando Monkas You're a mad man, monocle.

I do love going all in on a first rando. Did that with Pokémon Crystal. Unfortunately I fucked myself into actually completing it but at least I got to "Go Mode". ROFL (I just have to beat Red but he's got all level 100s and my team is half that level Suffer Still, I was proud of finding everything when I got to that point.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Entrance rando Monkas You're a mad man, monocle.

I do love going all in on a first rando. Did that with Pokémon Crystal. Unfortunately I fucked myself into actually completing it but at least I got to "Go Mode". ROFL (I just have to beat Red but he's got all level 100s and my team is half that level Suffer Still, I was proud of finding everything when I got to that point.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
The Sims 4... I'm back to that now that my sister's gone home Tongue .

(By the way, we didn't quite manage to complete our game of Civilization VI... although we did get into a winning position, so I'll just assume we would have won!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
The Sims 4... I'm back to that now that my sister's gone home Tongue .

(By the way, we didn't quite manage to complete our game of Civilization VI... although we did get into a winning position, so I'll just assume we would have won!)
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
9 Years of Shadows

Fun little metroidvania. I had a lot of fun with it and some bosses were actually pretty difficult. I would recommend to anyone who likes the genre like I do. The pixel art was extremely impressive though. Definitely the thing that stuck out the most
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
9 Years of Shadows

Fun little metroidvania. I had a lot of fun with it and some bosses were actually pretty difficult. I would recommend to anyone who likes the genre like I do. The pixel art was extremely impressive though. Definitely the thing that stuck out the most
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Genshin Impact (PC)

Finished Nahida's second character story back on Sunday night so I could unlock the new weekly boss and clear it before the week reset. Thankfully the quest was rather short and didn't take long to get through at all. The new weekly boss is neat, but just another boss that gets completely negated by Zhongli's shield. It's a three-phase fight, which is kind of annoying because I'd like some shorter weekly bosses. While the multi-phase fights are neat at first, after a few weeks of doing them they become a slog. Hoping that eventually Hoyo will add skip tickets that can be used to instantly clear a weekly boss and claim the rewards. Even if they lock them to the Battle Pass. Just something to take away from the slog of having to clear every weekly boss every week, especially since we're up to eight of them now, and only going to get more from here on out.

Other than that I've just been working on building my Nilou and setting up the right team for her, which unfortunately requires me to build another character (Collei) and get a completely new artifact set for my Kokomi. On the bright side, I ended up having some good enough pieces of the artifact set I need for Collei, so that's a lot less farming I'll have to do. Though I need to farm her level materials to get her past level 60.

ANNO: Mutationem (PS4)

Decided to boot up this game after finishing Hogwarts Legacy, since a short indie game sounded like a nice break after a lengthy game like Hogwarts. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it, my only major complaint about the gameplay being that there's a small delay between attacking and when you can dodge roll, which can make combat feel a tad clunky at times. I was very surprised to find out that this game has voice acting in it... especially the fact that it has both English and Japanese voice acting. Not often you see indie games with voice acting, let alone two different languages.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Genshin Impact (PC)

Finished Nahida's second character story back on Sunday night so I could unlock the new weekly boss and clear it before the week reset. Thankfully the quest was rather short and didn't take long to get through at all. The new weekly boss is neat, but just another boss that gets completely negated by Zhongli's shield. It's a three-phase fight, which is kind of annoying because I'd like some shorter weekly bosses. While the multi-phase fights are neat at first, after a few weeks of doing them they become a slog. Hoping that eventually Hoyo will add skip tickets that can be used to instantly clear a weekly boss and claim the rewards. Even if they lock them to the Battle Pass. Just something to take away from the slog of having to clear every weekly boss every week, especially since we're up to eight of them now, and only going to get more from here on out.

Other than that I've just been working on building my Nilou and setting up the right team for her, which unfortunately requires me to build another character (Collei) and get a completely new artifact set for my Kokomi. On the bright side, I ended up having some good enough pieces of the artifact set I need for Collei, so that's a lot less farming I'll have to do. Though I need to farm her level materials to get her past level 60.

ANNO: Mutationem (PS4)

Decided to boot up this game after finishing Hogwarts Legacy, since a short indie game sounded like a nice break after a lengthy game like Hogwarts. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it, my only major complaint about the gameplay being that there's a small delay between attacking and when you can dodge roll, which can make combat feel a tad clunky at times. I was very surprised to find out that this game has voice acting in it... especially the fact that it has both English and Japanese voice acting. Not often you see indie games with voice acting, let alone two different languages.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 4,313 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,212 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,902 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface