Last Game You Played
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hitman 2 (PS4)
After spending yesterday going through every escalation in the game, today I decided to spend some time going through all of the story mission opportunities in each map and did all of the Miami and Santa Fortuna ones. Things went wrong quite a few times, but apart from one incident I managed to get away each time. XD

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
Started this today, and so far it really shows that Eidos worked on the game instead of Crystal Dynamics. Audio is constantly going out of sync to the video, and lip syncing is laughably bad. Lara's model also looks like it could belong in a late-gen PS3 game if it wasn't for how good her hair is. So far the only impressive thing I can recall is that Eidos actually dared to kill a child on screen which isn't something many forms of entertainment ever dare to do because kids always get plot armour even when they really shouldn't.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Demo (PS4)
As I said in the thread for the series, this demo made me want to get the full game. I've always thought it when watching footage, but playing it first hand makes me appreciate the atmosphere so much more. It is superbly on point and I can only imagine how good it is in areas like the sewers or the city streets. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hitman 2 (PS4)
After spending yesterday going through every escalation in the game, today I decided to spend some time going through all of the story mission opportunities in each map and did all of the Miami and Santa Fortuna ones. Things went wrong quite a few times, but apart from one incident I managed to get away each time. XD

Started this today, and so far it really shows that Eidos worked on the game instead of Crystal Dynamics. Audio is constantly going out of sync to the video, and lip syncing is laughably bad. Lara's model also looks like it could belong in a late-gen PS3 game if it wasn't for how good her hair is. So far the only impressive thing I can recall is that Eidos actually dared to kill a child on screen which isn't something many forms of entertainment ever dare to do because kids always get plot armour even when they really shouldn't.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Demo (PS4)
As I said in the thread for the series, this demo made me want to get the full game. I've always thought it when watching footage, but playing it first hand makes me appreciate the atmosphere so much more. It is superbly on point and I can only imagine how good it is in areas like the sewers or the city streets. Grin
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Into The Breach

Played with the Rusting Hulks squad, which makes use of smoke weapons. These have two main effects: 1) Any enemy that ends up in smoke cannot attack, and 2) Any enemy that begins its turn in smoke loses 1HP (2HP after upgrading).

I used these weapons (and other terrain bonuses) to great effect, winning a game of Into The Breach for only the second time since I got it Grin .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Into The Breach

Played with the Rusting Hulks squad, which makes use of smoke weapons. These have two main effects: 1) Any enemy that ends up in smoke cannot attack, and 2) Any enemy that begins its turn in smoke loses 1HP (2HP after upgrading).

I used these weapons (and other terrain bonuses) to great effect, winning a game of Into The Breach for only the second time since I got it Grin .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Beat the campaign yesterday, then started NG+ on the hardest difficulty in the game to get the last few trophies I need for the Platinum. Overall an OK game, but for every moment where it everything is being executed brilliantly there's always something to spoil it, and up to half a dozen moments before and after it that are just not great and feel disconnected. Right from the opening the whole game feels like a disjointed episodic series almost. Eh

Hitman 2 (PS4)
Played the Snow Festival content on Hokkaido and did the third elusive target; currently still on my streak of doing the latter with silent assassin rankings.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Beat the campaign yesterday, then started NG+ on the hardest difficulty in the game to get the last few trophies I need for the Platinum. Overall an OK game, but for every moment where it everything is being executed brilliantly there's always something to spoil it, and up to half a dozen moments before and after it that are just not great and feel disconnected. Right from the opening the whole game feels like a disjointed episodic series almost. Eh

Hitman 2 (PS4)
Played the Snow Festival content on Hokkaido and did the third elusive target; currently still on my streak of doing the latter with silent assassin rankings.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Railroad Tycoon II

I'm playing this scenario in Colorado (and northern New Mexico), where I have to try and haul as much ore as possible to smelters in various locations around the state. So far, I've connected one of the smelters (Leadville) to my network, and I've nearly connected another (Durango) - but, with only 11 years of the game left, I'm getting short on time!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Railroad Tycoon II

I'm playing this scenario in Colorado (and northern New Mexico), where I have to try and haul as much ore as possible to smelters in various locations around the state. So far, I've connected one of the smelters (Leadville) to my network, and I've nearly connected another (Durango) - but, with only 11 years of the game left, I'm getting short on time!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: I'm playing for the Valentines event that's going on where Pelly asked me to gather heart beetles for her, so she can confess her feelings to a certain mail carrier she has a crush on. xp I only get one chocolate to give out to a folk & for a while there wasn't any one character I wanted to give it to, until I unlocked Roscoe, so I worked on getting him into my camp. Since he's in I plan to give him my confection when the time comes. <3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: I'm playing for the Valentines event that's going on where Pelly asked me to gather heart beetles for her, so she can confess her feelings to a certain mail carrier she has a crush on. xp I only get one chocolate to give out to a folk & for a while there wasn't any one character I wanted to give it to, until I unlocked Roscoe, so I worked on getting him into my camp. Since he's in I plan to give him my confection when the time comes. <3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Shining Resonance: Refrain (demo) (Switch)

Couple weeks ago I played this on a whim, well had it on my system for a while after going through the shop and found the demo. Not too bad from what I played. Wasn't fond of the main male character, but perhaps he gets better later on. Combat and story seemed interesting though. Undecided if I want the full game.

SSBU

Playing a lot of Squad Strike and a bit of Tourneys when I go on at odd times. Completed a few challenges, have 25 left which includes Online, which I have none of from lack of having the service of course. XD Might try the free trial, but unsure if the recent Ultimats update stopped that. Mentioned something about only owned subscription were allowed online, or just stating that in a usual obvious manner.

Intend to give Octopath a proper session again soon. Within the week. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Shining Resonance: Refrain (demo) (Switch)

Couple weeks ago I played this on a whim, well had it on my system for a while after going through the shop and found the demo. Not too bad from what I played. Wasn't fond of the main male character, but perhaps he gets better later on. Combat and story seemed interesting though. Undecided if I want the full game.

SSBU

Playing a lot of Squad Strike and a bit of Tourneys when I go on at odd times. Completed a few challenges, have 25 left which includes Online, which I have none of from lack of having the service of course. XD Might try the free trial, but unsure if the recent Ultimats update stopped that. Mentioned something about only owned subscription were allowed online, or just stating that in a usual obvious manner.

Intend to give Octopath a proper session again soon. Within the week. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Civilization V

Getting close to the end of my Polynesia game now. There are five civs left in the game (other than me), and I'm over 80% cultural influence with all of them. Just a little more, and I'll win with a Cultural Victory Grin !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Civilization V

Getting close to the end of my Polynesia game now. There are five civs left in the game (other than me), and I'm over 80% cultural influence with all of them. Just a little more, and I'll win with a Cultural Victory Grin !
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Good luck with that, Kyng! Grin

Celeste (Switch)
Bought this while it was on sale a month or so ago and decided to finally give it a try. Pretty fun so far, only played about an hour of it last night so only 2 chapters down. I can already see the difficulty amping up and I can see where my rage will come into play as I progress. I am loving the story beats especially, though. ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Celeste (Switch)
Bought this while it was on sale a month or so ago and decided to finally give it a try. Pretty fun so far, only played about an hour of it last night so only 2 chapters down. I can already see the difficulty amping up and I can see where my rage will come into play as I progress. I am loving the story beats especially, though. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I've managed to play four different games in one day today, all thanks to our new boiler being installed, then after continued.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

Found out I was at the part where I had to collect the four Beanstar pieces. Checked around the map in each location, only to be stopped by areas where I needed the new Bro move. I remembered a piece was meant to be on Gwarhar Lagoon, but was actually on the SS Chuckola ship first. I completely forgot about that part. XD So instead of heading to Gwarhar Lagoon, I ended getting obsessed with trying get more than 3 Teehee beans from the barrel minigame. How is there a 35+ score on there?! My best was 15 which nets the lowest prize of the 3 beans. (in the 10-15 lines = 3 beans, 16-whatever, 4 beans, up to the 35+ for 9) Dang it. XD

Sky Peace (3DS)
After lunch I tried this out. Nice little game I suppose. Good for the price I paid. Nothing really noteworthy though.

Daemon X Machina [demo] (Switch)
After watching the Direct last night, which didn't put much in my mind to go out and try it, but as I had my Switch with no full game and only two demos I've already played while I couldn't get to my room, I downloaded this demo. Liked the combat and modifying my mech with different weapons and such. Story wasn't that gripping until something happened in the demo, which was pleasantly surprising for me. XD Also, the soundtrack is fitting. So yeah I'm actually interested in seeing where this game will go. I thank Maniak after watching him play Titanfall and possibly another game he played, which kinda inspired me to go ahead and try this demo out. Normally I'd just avoid mecha games for no reason.

Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Grinded Alfyn, Olberic and Therion closer to the other characters levels (although Therion is still lagging behind on 24 at the end of my session, others are 27-29, Cyrus 35), did Primrose's Chapter 2, went to Wellspring, then went to Noblecourt. On the way to Noblecourt I happened to walk into The Hollow Throne, had Evasive Maneuvers on still and went straight to the boss of that area. Quite glad I had enemy encounters beforehand, because they were harder than the boss. Although Olberic and Therion had poor equipment then as they kept going down, made sure to find some new stuff afterward. That freaking cape for 20,000 better do you good, Therion. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I've managed to play four different games in one day today, all thanks to our new boiler being installed, then after continued.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

Found out I was at the part where I had to collect the four Beanstar pieces. Checked around the map in each location, only to be stopped by areas where I needed the new Bro move. I remembered a piece was meant to be on Gwarhar Lagoon, but was actually on the SS Chuckola ship first. I completely forgot about that part. XD So instead of heading to Gwarhar Lagoon, I ended getting obsessed with trying get more than 3 Teehee beans from the barrel minigame. How is there a 35+ score on there?! My best was 15 which nets the lowest prize of the 3 beans. (in the 10-15 lines = 3 beans, 16-whatever, 4 beans, up to the 35+ for 9) Dang it. XD

Sky Peace (3DS)
After lunch I tried this out. Nice little game I suppose. Good for the price I paid. Nothing really noteworthy though.

Daemon X Machina [demo] (Switch)
After watching the Direct last night, which didn't put much in my mind to go out and try it, but as I had my Switch with no full game and only two demos I've already played while I couldn't get to my room, I downloaded this demo. Liked the combat and modifying my mech with different weapons and such. Story wasn't that gripping until something happened in the demo, which was pleasantly surprising for me. XD Also, the soundtrack is fitting. So yeah I'm actually interested in seeing where this game will go. I thank Maniak after watching him play Titanfall and possibly another game he played, which kinda inspired me to go ahead and try this demo out. Normally I'd just avoid mecha games for no reason.

Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Grinded Alfyn, Olberic and Therion closer to the other characters levels (although Therion is still lagging behind on 24 at the end of my session, others are 27-29, Cyrus 35), did Primrose's Chapter 2, went to Wellspring, then went to Noblecourt. On the way to Noblecourt I happened to walk into The Hollow Throne, had Evasive Maneuvers on still and went straight to the boss of that area. Quite glad I had enemy encounters beforehand, because they were harder than the boss. Although Olberic and Therion had poor equipment then as they kept going down, made sure to find some new stuff afterward. That freaking cape for 20,000 better do you good, Therion. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Feb 11th, 2019, 12:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Celeste (Switch)
Thanks - and I hope you continue to enjoy your own game Smile !

The last game I played was Civilization V (again). As predicted, I completed my game as Polynesia with a Cultural victory. I was already close to winning, and then, hosting the International Games sealed the deal for me Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Feb 11th, 2019, 12:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Celeste (Switch)
Thanks - and I hope you continue to enjoy your own game Smile !

The last game I played was Civilization V (again). As predicted, I completed my game as Polynesia with a Cultural victory. I was already close to winning, and then, hosting the International Games sealed the deal for me Smile .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Octopath Traveler

Sunday did Therion's Chapter 2, grind for new beasts for H'annit, then completed her Chapter 2 as well. Therion stuck around for the grind in West Noblecourt Flats, where he levelled up to 30 so, which was cool. What wasn't cool was running into Bloody Bulls. They destroyed me, although then stayed in one fight against two of them and eventually won. Monday did Alfyn's Chapter 2, yesterday most of Olberic's which I finished today. Following that I dared myself to go towards one of the areas I assume is late game, or Chapter 4 or whatever. West Grandport Coast it was. Recommended 40(odd?) when Cyrus was my only one at that level. I got wrecked, well I did survive just about after three battles, stood there contemplating if I could make it to Grandport, then quick travelled outta there. XD I decided to do Cyrus' Chapter 3 instead.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Octopath Traveler

Sunday did Therion's Chapter 2, grind for new beasts for H'annit, then completed her Chapter 2 as well. Therion stuck around for the grind in West Noblecourt Flats, where he levelled up to 30 so, which was cool. What wasn't cool was running into Bloody Bulls. They destroyed me, although then stayed in one fight against two of them and eventually won. Monday did Alfyn's Chapter 2, yesterday most of Olberic's which I finished today. Following that I dared myself to go towards one of the areas I assume is late game, or Chapter 4 or whatever. West Grandport Coast it was. Recommended 40(odd?) when Cyrus was my only one at that level. I got wrecked, well I did survive just about after three battles, stood there contemplating if I could make it to Grandport, then quick travelled outta there. XD I decided to do Cyrus' Chapter 3 instead.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hollow Knight (NS)
I've really been enjoying this game since I started it, and I think I've explored a good amount of the world by now. I really want to play some more right now but I have to do my homework. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hollow Knight (NS)
I've really been enjoying this game since I started it, and I think I've explored a good amount of the world by now. I really want to play some more right now but I have to do my homework. Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Octopath Traveler

Currently focusing on a sidequest I've failed twice so far. Defeating the Leviathan in Captain's Bane. First time I was unprepared and was defeated. Second time I did some prep, had a good start in the battle but messed up using Primrose's Dancer skill you can use only at MAX BP on Cyrus, when I was meant to use it on Alfyn and quit immediately afterwards. Only just started using Secondary Jobs too so thinking of using Ophilia with Apothecary for Rehabilitate, as she has more XP to use to unlock skills compared to Alfyn, is also higher levelled and can be revived to 9,999HP. XD

Yoshi's Crafted World (demo)

Played the first level, got all flowers, all pups but 15/20 red coins. Darn the last part. Am liking the game though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Octopath Traveler

Currently focusing on a sidequest I've failed twice so far. Defeating the Leviathan in Captain's Bane. First time I was unprepared and was defeated. Second time I did some prep, had a good start in the battle but messed up using Primrose's Dancer skill you can use only at MAX BP on Cyrus, when I was meant to use it on Alfyn and quit immediately afterwards. Only just started using Secondary Jobs too so thinking of using Ophilia with Apothecary for Rehabilitate, as she has more XP to use to unlock skills compared to Alfyn, is also higher levelled and can be revived to 9,999HP. XD

Yoshi's Crafted World (demo)

Played the first level, got all flowers, all pups but 15/20 red coins. Darn the last part. Am liking the game though.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
God Eater 3 PlayStation 4

Overall the game is pretty delicious. There's a number of issues I with the game, but a lot of those are being dealt with in upcoming patches. Unfortunately I'll likely be done with the game by then and not get to experience the game with the fixes, but oh well. At least they acknowledged the issues and are willing to fix them.

The biggest disappoint in the game for me is how god awful the Biting Edge (Dual Blades) weapon is. I was looking forward to using them so much because dual blades/knives/etc. are always my favorite weapons to go with. But they are just SO bad. Every other weapon in the game can do at least three times the damage they can. I want from taking 5+ minutes to finish a mission with the Biting Edge to finishing every mission (including multi Aragami ones) in 2-3 minutes on average with the Variant Scythe. Solely because the damage gap between Biting Edge and every other weapon is that big. Even if you use an optimal build and play perfectly with the Biting Edge, anyone of equal skill with a Variant Scythe will be able to do at least triple your damage output in the same time frame. The Biting Edge is such a fun weapon to use in terms of play style, but unfortunately it lacks so badly in the damage department that using them is just a complete waste of time.

The biggest issue in the game in general though is how aggressive some of the Aragami are. Having a challenge is one thing, but when some Aragami have zero downtime between attacks and just endlessly spam AoE attacks, it becomes stupid. There's one type of Aragami called a Havakiri that's so stupid when it comes to this that they are actually patching its AI. The problem with it is that most of its attacks take it away from you, but by the time you can catch up to it, it's already turned around and unleashing another attack at you, giving you no time to actually do any damage. Thankfully the devs have noticed how stupid this Aragami is and are going to be doing something about it, because while fighting them isn't hard, it's just not fun having to chase it around 99% of the fight, while only actually fighting it that other 1% of the time.

Either way, I do like the game a lot. Not sure if I like it as much as God Eater 2, but it's still been enjoyable for the most part. I'm almost done with the platinum, so it's given me a fun ride.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition PlayStation 4

Almost done with my first play through. I can't quite remember if the optional dungeon in this game opens up before the final boss or after you beat the game. I'll find out eventually. I have a ton of side quests to go around and do before I head to the final dungeon though, and of course I have a lot of titles to grind out and a lot of synthesis to finish up so I can get 100% in the Collector's Book. Also have to do all of the Coliseum shenanigans, which are always fun (looking forward to that good ol' 100-Man Melee with Estelle. Absolutely no sarcasm here).

Hopefully it won't take me too much longer to wrap everything up so that I can head into NG+ and run through for the trophies for beating the Act 1 final boss at level 15 or lower, beating the game in under 15 hours and then getting to level 200, as well as mopping up anything that I may have left over afterwards. Cannot wait to add this platinum to my collection. Going to go right up into my top 5.

Azur Lane [Android]

Been busying plugging away at events. The current event we have going on right now lasts almost a month, so there's lots of prizes to collect from it. Even though it sounds like a long time to get everything, it's not. I managed to get all of the limited girls pretty quickly though, which is awesome. On my very first build after the maintenance, I got Sirius (SR), which was pretty awesome look. Getting the other SR girl (Victorious) took a little longer, but I still managed to get her. Hopefully they both end up being good units to use, because I'm always looking to upgrade my secondary Fleet.

In addition to grinding out event coins, I've been also farming Chapter 3-4 for Akagi. She's a SR that you can get for beating the boss of the chapter, but unfortunately her drop rate is extremely lower. I've did some research before going into the grind for her, and I saw people say it took them up to three months of farming the chapter before they finally got either her or Kaga (her sister, another SR that the boss can drop). I'm hoping my luck might be a little better, because I want Akagi and Kaga to pair up with Amagi in one of my fleets, because these three sisters provide some very good buffs to each other when they are on the same Fleet.

Portland's Retrofit also come out (a system that buffs a unit and also upgrades their rarity, so Portland went from Rare to Elite). I had heard that her Retrofit makes her a really good unit, and they were right. I've been using her and she's super tanky and can dish out some decent damage. Not as much as a Destroyer like Laffey or Ayanami (especially Aya), but she seems like she's going to be a really good unit to put in my Vanguard along with someone like Ayanami and soak up damage to help keep Ayayaya alive.

Still not sure how I want to go about my First and Second Fleets though. Right now I run Ayanami, Laffey and Portland as my Vanguard for Fleet 1, with Unicorn, Amagi and Enterprise as my Main Fleet. My secondary Fleet consists of whatever I feel like throwing into it. Right now it's Eldridge, Vampire and Belfast with whatever I feel like throwing in the Main Fleet. I'm working on leveling up Victorious and Sirius so that they'll be options to throw into my Fleets, as well as Illustrious (who I've heard is one of the better Aircraft Carries along with Enterprise). Though since I'm starting to get into the harder content (chapter 9 and 10), I'm going to need to consider putting some healers onto my teams. I have Unicorn in Fleet 1, so she helps with that, but I might need to think about more dedicated healers. I'm close to getting Akashi, who I've heard is an amazing healer and can also dish out some decent damage (her quest line takes like 2-3 weeks to complete, so it'll feel so nice to finally finish this and get her). I also have another girl who people say is a great healer, so I might have to consider leveling her up to an appropriate level and giving her a chance.

...Okay, I'll stop now. As you can tell, I really enjoy Azur Lane. It is so much fun playing this game. Makes me want IFI to localize the Azur Lane game that Compile Heart is making on PS4 even more. :3

Star Ocean: Anamnesis [Android]

I actually don't have anything of interest to say about this game, really. I've just been grinding away at event, or rank grinding. Got everythign done for the current events, so just need to wait for tomorrow when the new wave of events come out. Nothing exciting has happened since the Valentine's Day units came out and I got myself my adorable Cat Rena.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
God Eater 3 PlayStation 4

Overall the game is pretty delicious. There's a number of issues I with the game, but a lot of those are being dealt with in upcoming patches. Unfortunately I'll likely be done with the game by then and not get to experience the game with the fixes, but oh well. At least they acknowledged the issues and are willing to fix them.

The biggest disappoint in the game for me is how god awful the Biting Edge (Dual Blades) weapon is. I was looking forward to using them so much because dual blades/knives/etc. are always my favorite weapons to go with. But they are just SO bad. Every other weapon in the game can do at least three times the damage they can. I want from taking 5+ minutes to finish a mission with the Biting Edge to finishing every mission (including multi Aragami ones) in 2-3 minutes on average with the Variant Scythe. Solely because the damage gap between Biting Edge and every other weapon is that big. Even if you use an optimal build and play perfectly with the Biting Edge, anyone of equal skill with a Variant Scythe will be able to do at least triple your damage output in the same time frame. The Biting Edge is such a fun weapon to use in terms of play style, but unfortunately it lacks so badly in the damage department that using them is just a complete waste of time.

The biggest issue in the game in general though is how aggressive some of the Aragami are. Having a challenge is one thing, but when some Aragami have zero downtime between attacks and just endlessly spam AoE attacks, it becomes stupid. There's one type of Aragami called a Havakiri that's so stupid when it comes to this that they are actually patching its AI. The problem with it is that most of its attacks take it away from you, but by the time you can catch up to it, it's already turned around and unleashing another attack at you, giving you no time to actually do any damage. Thankfully the devs have noticed how stupid this Aragami is and are going to be doing something about it, because while fighting them isn't hard, it's just not fun having to chase it around 99% of the fight, while only actually fighting it that other 1% of the time.

Either way, I do like the game a lot. Not sure if I like it as much as God Eater 2, but it's still been enjoyable for the most part. I'm almost done with the platinum, so it's given me a fun ride.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition PlayStation 4

Almost done with my first play through. I can't quite remember if the optional dungeon in this game opens up before the final boss or after you beat the game. I'll find out eventually. I have a ton of side quests to go around and do before I head to the final dungeon though, and of course I have a lot of titles to grind out and a lot of synthesis to finish up so I can get 100% in the Collector's Book. Also have to do all of the Coliseum shenanigans, which are always fun (looking forward to that good ol' 100-Man Melee with Estelle. Absolutely no sarcasm here).

Hopefully it won't take me too much longer to wrap everything up so that I can head into NG+ and run through for the trophies for beating the Act 1 final boss at level 15 or lower, beating the game in under 15 hours and then getting to level 200, as well as mopping up anything that I may have left over afterwards. Cannot wait to add this platinum to my collection. Going to go right up into my top 5.

Azur Lane [Android]

Been busying plugging away at events. The current event we have going on right now lasts almost a month, so there's lots of prizes to collect from it. Even though it sounds like a long time to get everything, it's not. I managed to get all of the limited girls pretty quickly though, which is awesome. On my very first build after the maintenance, I got Sirius (SR), which was pretty awesome look. Getting the other SR girl (Victorious) took a little longer, but I still managed to get her. Hopefully they both end up being good units to use, because I'm always looking to upgrade my secondary Fleet.

In addition to grinding out event coins, I've been also farming Chapter 3-4 for Akagi. She's a SR that you can get for beating the boss of the chapter, but unfortunately her drop rate is extremely lower. I've did some research before going into the grind for her, and I saw people say it took them up to three months of farming the chapter before they finally got either her or Kaga (her sister, another SR that the boss can drop). I'm hoping my luck might be a little better, because I want Akagi and Kaga to pair up with Amagi in one of my fleets, because these three sisters provide some very good buffs to each other when they are on the same Fleet.

Portland's Retrofit also come out (a system that buffs a unit and also upgrades their rarity, so Portland went from Rare to Elite). I had heard that her Retrofit makes her a really good unit, and they were right. I've been using her and she's super tanky and can dish out some decent damage. Not as much as a Destroyer like Laffey or Ayanami (especially Aya), but she seems like she's going to be a really good unit to put in my Vanguard along with someone like Ayanami and soak up damage to help keep Ayayaya alive.

Still not sure how I want to go about my First and Second Fleets though. Right now I run Ayanami, Laffey and Portland as my Vanguard for Fleet 1, with Unicorn, Amagi and Enterprise as my Main Fleet. My secondary Fleet consists of whatever I feel like throwing into it. Right now it's Eldridge, Vampire and Belfast with whatever I feel like throwing in the Main Fleet. I'm working on leveling up Victorious and Sirius so that they'll be options to throw into my Fleets, as well as Illustrious (who I've heard is one of the better Aircraft Carries along with Enterprise). Though since I'm starting to get into the harder content (chapter 9 and 10), I'm going to need to consider putting some healers onto my teams. I have Unicorn in Fleet 1, so she helps with that, but I might need to think about more dedicated healers. I'm close to getting Akashi, who I've heard is an amazing healer and can also dish out some decent damage (her quest line takes like 2-3 weeks to complete, so it'll feel so nice to finally finish this and get her). I also have another girl who people say is a great healer, so I might have to consider leveling her up to an appropriate level and giving her a chance.

...Okay, I'll stop now. As you can tell, I really enjoy Azur Lane. It is so much fun playing this game. Makes me want IFI to localize the Azur Lane game that Compile Heart is making on PS4 even more. :3

Star Ocean: Anamnesis [Android]

I actually don't have anything of interest to say about this game, really. I've just been grinding away at event, or rank grinding. Got everythign done for the current events, so just need to wait for tomorrow when the new wave of events come out. Nothing exciting has happened since the Valentine's Day units came out and I got myself my adorable Cat Rena.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp [Android]: Ugh, the update makes the game app icon look hideous. Also the load screen looks chaotic compared to the serene load screen from before. D: I'm playing through the Pave event to get lucky clovers & Pave furniture.

Dragon Quest XI {PS4]: Yep, I'm replaying this again. Just saved outside of a boss room, inside of the labyrinth where Victoria's sister is supposed to be.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp [Android]: Ugh, the update makes the game app icon look hideous. Also the load screen looks chaotic compared to the serene load screen from before. D: I'm playing through the Pave event to get lucky clovers & Pave furniture.

Dragon Quest XI {PS4]: Yep, I'm replaying this again. Just saved outside of a boss room, inside of the labyrinth where Victoria's sister is supposed to be.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 4,243 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,113 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface