Last Game You Played
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,939
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Civlization V

Still playing my game as the Celts. I've (finally) stabilised my economy, and also conquered Venice (since they were being very annoying, and trying to annex my allied city-states).

Now, I'm up to 2nd in total score, although victory still looks some way off!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,939 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Civlization V

Still playing my game as the Celts. I've (finally) stabilised my economy, and also conquered Venice (since they were being very annoying, and trying to annex my allied city-states).

Now, I'm up to 2nd in total score, although victory still looks some way off!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,629
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hitman 2 (PS4)
Didn't realise there was a new elusive target available when I booted this up last night, so I did that without intending to. It was a priest in Sapienza who is constantly surrounded by guards while he walks around the church area, and there are no boxes to hide bodies in so you can't just dispose of his protection easily. I ended up doing what it seems most people did for this one, which was to find an opportunity to poison him with a syringe. There's a part where he only takes one guard with him, so I put a gun down for his guard to get distracted by and then poked the target in the back. He dropped dead and I walked away. The guard took the gun away and didn't come back to find the body before I left the mission, but even if he had, I used poison because you don't need to hide the body afterwards since it classes as an accident kill (which is useful when there are no boxes to reliably hide a body in).
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,629 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hitman 2 (PS4)
Didn't realise there was a new elusive target available when I booted this up last night, so I did that without intending to. It was a priest in Sapienza who is constantly surrounded by guards while he walks around the church area, and there are no boxes to hide bodies in so you can't just dispose of his protection easily. I ended up doing what it seems most people did for this one, which was to find an opportunity to poison him with a syringe. There's a part where he only takes one guard with him, so I put a gun down for his guard to get distracted by and then poked the target in the back. He dropped dead and I walked away. The guard took the gun away and didn't come back to find the body before I left the mission, but even if he had, I used poison because you don't need to hide the body afterwards since it classes as an accident kill (which is useful when there are no boxes to reliably hide a body in).
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Tropico 5

In my current game, my economy is doing really well, and I'm raking in a load of tax money. However, my approval rating has dropped noticeably, from the 90s into the 70s.

Somehow I suspect those two trends are linked :-/ .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Tropico 5

In my current game, my economy is doing really well, and I'm raking in a load of tax money. However, my approval rating has dropped noticeably, from the 90s into the 70s.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 13th, 2019, 11:52 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Tropico 5

I'd be shocked if they weren't. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 13th, 2019, 11:52 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Tropico 5

I'd be shocked if they weren't. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yoshi's Crafted World Nintendo Switch: I'm at this space station world & I'm so reminded of something someone would create in LBP that it's not even funny. I'm also just done with the crap music this game has. Ugh. <_<
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yoshi's Crafted World Nintendo Switch: I'm at this space station world & I'm so reminded of something someone would create in LBP that it's not even funny. I'm also just done with the crap music this game has. Ugh. <_<
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Death end re;Quest PlayStation 4

Been having a pretty good time with this game. I was pretty hyped for it, and the game hasn't disappointed me. The story went in a completely different direction than I thought it would, which threw me for a pretty good loop. Which is of course a very good thing. Any time a game can make you think it's going to go in a direction, but the completely surprise you by going in an entirely different direction is great. I I would have to say that story-wise this is probably Compile Heart's best game yet, which is a great sign. If they can continue to develop as a company in this way, it's a great sign for their future games. People give them a lot of shit for being a small company with small budget games, but their games have been steadily improving over the years (except MegaNep VIIR. That was actually a huge step backwards compared to the original MegaNep VII). If this trend continues with them, I really look forward to their future projects.

Another interesting thing about the story of this game is that its much, much darker than their previous games. Obviously they are most known for the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, which is light-hearted and silly. Death end on the other hand is the complete opposite. It's very serious and very dark. After seeing how dark this game is, it makes me even more interested in Dragon Star Varnir, which is releasing in the west this summer. Everything I've heard about that game makes it out to be even darker than Death end re;Quest (after all, the whole premise of Dragon Star Varnir is witches with dragon eggs in their bodies that hatch and eat them from the inside out). 

Borderlands 2 PlayStation 4

So I originally started playing this with a friend of mine. I was playing as the Mechromancer and she was playing as the Assassin. However, I found the Mechromancer to be pretty boring to play, and ended up starting a Siren. I have found the Siren to be SO much more enjoyable than the Mechromancer, and even though I lost my co-op partner, I've been having enough fun with the Siren that I've continued solo without any problems. I haven't played a whole lot the last week or so due to Death end, but I've been spending all of my play time going around and finishing up all of the challenges for the areas I have been. A lot of the time has been dedicated to hunting down the hidden vault symbols. I've been doing it blind so far, and have stayed pretty adamant about not using a guide for them, however it's starting to become such a huge time-sink that I'm considering just breaking down and referring to a guide. As much as I enjoy finding them on my own, I'd rather not spend the next 20 hours of playing just searching for the symbols, and instead just get these over with so I can go back to progressing the game.

I'll probably give it some more time going on my own before I do use a guide, though with my copy of the Borderlands Remaster on the way, it's getting to the point where I'm leaning more towards just finishing the game faster rather than completely doing it all blind. 

Octopath Traveler [Switch]

I'm enjoying this game, a lot. Not sure if that justifies the $300 I spent on the Switch just to play it, but at least I'm getting as much enjoyment out of it as I hoped I would. The character I decided to start with was H'aanit (because she uses a bow and bows are one of my favorite weapons). Then I went and picked up Therion (because why wouldn't I want to rob everyone and everything blind?), followed by going and picking up Ophilia. I kind of like this team so far. H'aanit provides great physical damage, Therion has the speed and Ophilia gives me the most important character of any RPG team -- the Healer. I decided to skip on picking up Cyrus for now (he was the next character going along the path I was following) in favor of going and picking up Tressa. Originally I was torn between starting as H'aanit and Tressa. Like I said, I picked H'aanit because she uses a bow, but Tressa looks cute and that made me very tempted to pick her (this was prior to finding out Tressa also uses a bow, if I had known that I would have definitely picked her first).

The only disappointment I have with this game thus far is the lack of good shit to steal. Either from NPCs or from enemies, I haven't found anything really amazing to steal. Most of the equipment I see NPCs have is equipment I already have and is worse than what I currently have equipped. The bosses I've stolen from so far haven't given anything of much value either. I love steal abilities in JRPGs, but so far it seems Octopath has the same probably a lot of JRPGs have. I'd was hoping it'd be more like Final Fantasy IX where stealing is amazing because most bosses have equipment you can steal that is better than what you can get at the time. Other than that though, absolutely loving the game so far, even though I haven't made much progress yet.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Death end re;Quest PlayStation 4

Been having a pretty good time with this game. I was pretty hyped for it, and the game hasn't disappointed me. The story went in a completely different direction than I thought it would, which threw me for a pretty good loop. Which is of course a very good thing. Any time a game can make you think it's going to go in a direction, but the completely surprise you by going in an entirely different direction is great. I I would have to say that story-wise this is probably Compile Heart's best game yet, which is a great sign. If they can continue to develop as a company in this way, it's a great sign for their future games. People give them a lot of shit for being a small company with small budget games, but their games have been steadily improving over the years (except MegaNep VIIR. That was actually a huge step backwards compared to the original MegaNep VII). If this trend continues with them, I really look forward to their future projects.

Another interesting thing about the story of this game is that its much, much darker than their previous games. Obviously they are most known for the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, which is light-hearted and silly. Death end on the other hand is the complete opposite. It's very serious and very dark. After seeing how dark this game is, it makes me even more interested in Dragon Star Varnir, which is releasing in the west this summer. Everything I've heard about that game makes it out to be even darker than Death end re;Quest (after all, the whole premise of Dragon Star Varnir is witches with dragon eggs in their bodies that hatch and eat them from the inside out). 

Borderlands 2 PlayStation 4

So I originally started playing this with a friend of mine. I was playing as the Mechromancer and she was playing as the Assassin. However, I found the Mechromancer to be pretty boring to play, and ended up starting a Siren. I have found the Siren to be SO much more enjoyable than the Mechromancer, and even though I lost my co-op partner, I've been having enough fun with the Siren that I've continued solo without any problems. I haven't played a whole lot the last week or so due to Death end, but I've been spending all of my play time going around and finishing up all of the challenges for the areas I have been. A lot of the time has been dedicated to hunting down the hidden vault symbols. I've been doing it blind so far, and have stayed pretty adamant about not using a guide for them, however it's starting to become such a huge time-sink that I'm considering just breaking down and referring to a guide. As much as I enjoy finding them on my own, I'd rather not spend the next 20 hours of playing just searching for the symbols, and instead just get these over with so I can go back to progressing the game.

I'll probably give it some more time going on my own before I do use a guide, though with my copy of the Borderlands Remaster on the way, it's getting to the point where I'm leaning more towards just finishing the game faster rather than completely doing it all blind. 

Octopath Traveler [Switch]

I'm enjoying this game, a lot. Not sure if that justifies the $300 I spent on the Switch just to play it, but at least I'm getting as much enjoyment out of it as I hoped I would. The character I decided to start with was H'aanit (because she uses a bow and bows are one of my favorite weapons). Then I went and picked up Therion (because why wouldn't I want to rob everyone and everything blind?), followed by going and picking up Ophilia. I kind of like this team so far. H'aanit provides great physical damage, Therion has the speed and Ophilia gives me the most important character of any RPG team -- the Healer. I decided to skip on picking up Cyrus for now (he was the next character going along the path I was following) in favor of going and picking up Tressa. Originally I was torn between starting as H'aanit and Tressa. Like I said, I picked H'aanit because she uses a bow, but Tressa looks cute and that made me very tempted to pick her (this was prior to finding out Tressa also uses a bow, if I had known that I would have definitely picked her first).

The only disappointment I have with this game thus far is the lack of good shit to steal. Either from NPCs or from enemies, I haven't found anything really amazing to steal. Most of the equipment I see NPCs have is equipment I already have and is worse than what I currently have equipped. The bosses I've stolen from so far haven't given anything of much value either. I love steal abilities in JRPGs, but so far it seems Octopath has the same probably a lot of JRPGs have. I'd was hoping it'd be more like Final Fantasy IX where stealing is amazing because most bosses have equipment you can steal that is better than what you can get at the time. Other than that though, absolutely loving the game so far, even though I haven't made much progress yet.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2019, 05:42 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Shira was playing through the space levels last night, and we both commented on how much it looked like an LBP creation. I also agree with the music, it's terrible. They just used the same jingle for every track with slight variations to it. If you want to keep a thematic tone across a game soundtrack Nintendo, there have been many examples of how to do it properly, even from yourselves probably. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Shira was playing through the space levels last night, and we both commented on how much it looked like an LBP creation. I also agree with the music, it's terrible. They just used the same jingle for every track with slight variations to it. If you want to keep a thematic tone across a game soundtrack Nintendo, there have been many examples of how to do it properly, even from yourselves probably. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Apr 22nd, 2019, 09:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yea.. It sort of feels at time that the game was just slap dashed together at the last minute to get something out in time before Easter hit; so they had a title to sell before a high selling Holiday (like Easter) came along. Why do I say that for? Because Easter is the highest gift giving holiday there is; next to Christmas. source
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Apr 22nd, 2019, 09:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yea.. It sort of feels at time that the game was just slap dashed together at the last minute to get something out in time before Easter hit; so they had a title to sell before a high selling Holiday (like Easter) came along. Why do I say that for? Because Easter is the highest gift giving holiday there is; next to Christmas. source
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Last for me was Borderlands GOTY Edition Enhanced on Steam. This is my 3rd playthrough, and I'm really enjoying it!
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Last for me was Borderlands GOTY Edition Enhanced on Steam. This is my 3rd playthrough, and I'm really enjoying it!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)
Been itching to play the earlier Uncharted games from listening to their soundtracks on Spotify this week. Even with the visual upgrades, this game is showing its age a little bit, especially in the eyes. I swear everyone in this game has the same eyeballs too. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)
Been itching to play the earlier Uncharted games from listening to their soundtracks on Spotify this week. Even with the visual upgrades, this game is showing its age a little bit, especially in the eyes. I swear everyone in this game has the same eyeballs too. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Crypt of the NecroDancer

I ended up uninstalling Into The Breach, after I ragequit it one time too many, so it's back to this for now Tongue .

In today's run, I got off to a slow start, but soon picked up a Gold Longsword (not particularly strong, but gets you more money), and a 'Tougher Enemies' shrine (to get harder-to-beat enemies who drop more money). Not an easy combo to win with, but you should accumulate a very high score if you do win.

I did win, with a very high score of around 19,000 Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Crypt of the NecroDancer

I ended up uninstalling Into The Breach, after I ragequit it one time too many, so it's back to this for now Tongue .

In today's run, I got off to a slow start, but soon picked up a Gold Longsword (not particularly strong, but gets you more money), and a 'Tougher Enemies' shrine (to get harder-to-beat enemies who drop more money). Not an easy combo to win with, but you should accumulate a very high score if you do win.

I did win, with a very high score of around 19,000 Smile .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What's the highest score you've managed to get Kyng?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What's the highest score you've managed to get Kyng?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Death end re:Quest PlayStation 4

Finished this game last week. I wasn't a huge fan of the last bit of the game, and all of the endings were extremely unsatisfying and the "true" ending left more questions than it answered, was really weird, and felt like it was more just to set up a sequel than anything. I really enjoyed the first 70% of the game, but then it just felt like they lost what they wanted to do with the story, and it became a huge, jumbled mess that felt very rushed. Disappointing to what otherwise would have probably been Compile Heart's best game yet.

Ys Origin PlayStation 4

Decided to run through this and get the platinum which I just finished three minutes ago. After finishing Death end, I just felt like playing something short and that I've already completed so that I could just play without having to think about it. It was nice playing this on PS4 without all of the lag of the Vita version. Easy double platinum as well.

Rabi-Ribi [Vita]

My copies of this game finally arrived last week. Unfortunately I made the mistake of bundling them with another game without thinking about it, and when these should have shipped out back in January, instead they were held hostage by the other game in the order that didn't ship out until April. So I had to wait three extra months for them (after having already waited about two years for LRG to release them at all). Putting that aside, now that I have them, I am enjoying the game very much. Making small progress through it, as I usually only play it for a little bit before going to sleep, but what I have played of it so far is extremely fun.

Octopath Traveler [Switch}

Haven't been playing this lately due to Rabi-Ribi, but the last time I played it I finished the first chapter for the merchant girl. Torn between if I want to continue going around and doing the first chapter for every character, or to challenge myself a little bit and try to go tackle someone's second chapter.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Death end re:Quest PlayStation 4

Finished this game last week. I wasn't a huge fan of the last bit of the game, and all of the endings were extremely unsatisfying and the "true" ending left more questions than it answered, was really weird, and felt like it was more just to set up a sequel than anything. I really enjoyed the first 70% of the game, but then it just felt like they lost what they wanted to do with the story, and it became a huge, jumbled mess that felt very rushed. Disappointing to what otherwise would have probably been Compile Heart's best game yet.

Ys Origin PlayStation 4

Decided to run through this and get the platinum which I just finished three minutes ago. After finishing Death end, I just felt like playing something short and that I've already completed so that I could just play without having to think about it. It was nice playing this on PS4 without all of the lag of the Vita version. Easy double platinum as well.

Rabi-Ribi [Vita]

My copies of this game finally arrived last week. Unfortunately I made the mistake of bundling them with another game without thinking about it, and when these should have shipped out back in January, instead they were held hostage by the other game in the order that didn't ship out until April. So I had to wait three extra months for them (after having already waited about two years for LRG to release them at all). Putting that aside, now that I have them, I am enjoying the game very much. Making small progress through it, as I usually only play it for a little bit before going to sleep, but what I have played of it so far is extremely fun.

Octopath Traveler [Switch}

Haven't been playing this lately due to Rabi-Ribi, but the last time I played it I finished the first chapter for the merchant girl. Torn between if I want to continue going around and doing the first chapter for every character, or to challenge myself a little bit and try to go tackle someone's second chapter.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Crypt of the NecroDancer

Well, I sort of played it. I ragequit after the first level because I accidentally wasted one of my scrolls when I didn't mean to use it Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Crypt of the NecroDancer

Well, I sort of played it. I ragequit after the first level because I accidentally wasted one of my scrolls when I didn't mean to use it Tongue .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 767 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 4,307 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,202 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,893 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface