Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
I've been using a older ASUS laptop (G75vx) for the past couple of years now and I'm looking to upgrade into a new beast. I usually stick with ASUS products as my past couple of laptops have been from them, but there's also a couple of other brands that have caught my eye as well. What's everyone else running currently? Any plans for something new?
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
I've been using a older ASUS laptop (G75vx) for the past couple of years now and I'm looking to upgrade into a new beast. I usually stick with ASUS products as my past couple of laptops have been from them, but there's also a couple of other brands that have caught my eye as well. What's everyone else running currently? Any plans for something new?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-OMEN-Gaming-...2231862119

I ended up buying something like this around this time last year. Mine was a refurbished model so far has been running very well and I have been happy with my purchase. Smile I'm not sure if it still expensive, but you could try building one or you could try looking around. I'm not that knowledgeable about the best gaming PC.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I ended up buying something like this around this time last year. Mine was a refurbished model so far has been running very well and I have been happy with my purchase. Smile I'm not sure if it still expensive, but you could try building one or you could try looking around. I'm not that knowledgeable about the best gaming PC.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Still using my old Toshiba P750 I've had since 2011...or 10. Forget which year I actually got it. Still works OK, but can't really be used for much gaming, only small stuff or it'll auto shuts down or closes the program by itself. Did better in it's early years though. Do need an upgrade or at least a change to a new laptop. Perhaps in the new year I'll do so. Hope this old thing lives out until then and a bit more. On it's second battery too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Still using my old Toshiba P750 I've had since 2011...or 10. Forget which year I actually got it. Still works OK, but can't really be used for much gaming, only small stuff or it'll auto shuts down or closes the program by itself. Did better in it's early years though. Do need an upgrade or at least a change to a new laptop. Perhaps in the new year I'll do so. Hope this old thing lives out until then and a bit more. On it's second battery too.
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
(Sep 18th, 2018, 09:18 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Newegg always has great deals with refurbished models or open box computers, especially around holiday season. I've thought about getting one from time to time but never clicked the buy button.  LOL

(Sep 18th, 2018, 10:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Sounds like my work computer, its a Dell from like 2012 I think. Still running strong.
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
(Sep 18th, 2018, 09:18 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Newegg always has great deals with refurbished models or open box computers, especially around holiday season. I've thought about getting one from time to time but never clicked the buy button.  LOL

(Sep 18th, 2018, 10:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Sounds like my work computer, its a Dell from like 2012 I think. Still running strong.
topman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
I'm thinking about getting into PC gaming. I've heard some great things about Alienware.
Control the things you can control.
Don't fret over the things you cannot.
topman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
I'm thinking about getting into PC gaming. I've heard some great things about Alienware.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
How did I miss this thread.

I would avoid newegg, they recently had a security breach.

Topman:
Alienware tends to be over priced. If you wish I can help, I just need a budget and an idea what you are looking for and some examples of what games you want to play and/or other wise do with it, (Also if there is a microcenter near your house... Whistle)

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
How did I miss this thread.

I would avoid newegg, they recently had a security breach.

Topman:
Alienware tends to be over priced. If you wish I can help, I just need a budget and an idea what you are looking for and some examples of what games you want to play and/or other wise do with it, (Also if there is a microcenter near your house... Whistle)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Whenever I hear of Alienware, I tend to hear more negatives than positives. Most of the time with the claim being they just don't warrant their price tag or that they can be unreliable.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Whenever I hear of Alienware, I tend to hear more negatives than positives. Most of the time with the claim being they just don't warrant their price tag or that they can be unreliable.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
I have an HP Pavilion Gaming laptop that I bought on sale and used my Walmart discount card on at the time, so it was a relatively cheap laptop for gaming. I've had no problems with it and it seems to run the type of games I like smoothly and quickly.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
I have an HP Pavilion Gaming laptop that I bought on sale and used my Walmart discount card on at the time, so it was a relatively cheap laptop for gaming. I've had no problems with it and it seems to run the type of games I like smoothly and quickly.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oooh oooh oooh

I got a pre-built that I could customize. it's got a 5900x with a 3070 and 32 gigs of ram. way more than enough power to do what I need it to do thankfully.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oooh oooh oooh

I got a pre-built that I could customize. it's got a 5900x with a 3070 and 32 gigs of ram. way more than enough power to do what I need it to do thankfully.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Huh, I've never once mentioned my current PC specs in this thread. Huh

Anyways:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card #1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
  • Video Card #2: Intel® HD Graphics 630
I don't think any of the other details are important? Hmm

But yeah, it's nothing super powerful but it works to run the games I do want to play at decent enough settings, so I can't complain. I only really play games on this laptop that I either can't play on console or they're just a better experience*, such as Minecraft and Dead by Daylight.

*Yes, I am aware that every game is a better experience on PC if you want to care for things like graphical fidelity and such, but I don't care for that. I only care about features and such that I wouldn't want to be without on console, or the console experience just isn't as good because it isn't as up to date or well optimized.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Huh, I've never once mentioned my current PC specs in this thread. Huh

Anyways:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card #1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
  • Video Card #2: Intel® HD Graphics 630
I don't think any of the other details are important? Hmm

But yeah, it's nothing super powerful but it works to run the games I do want to play at decent enough settings, so I can't complain. I only really play games on this laptop that I either can't play on console or they're just a better experience*, such as Minecraft and Dead by Daylight.

*Yes, I am aware that every game is a better experience on PC if you want to care for things like graphical fidelity and such, but I don't care for that. I only care about features and such that I wouldn't want to be without on console, or the console experience just isn't as good because it isn't as up to date or well optimized.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
XP: 192
(Sep 18th, 2018, 08:59 PM)Relic Wrote:

I have a pretty decent gaming desktop.  32GB ram, 2x500GB Samsung SSD, AMD FX8150 octa core CPU, and an Nvidia Geforce GTX960 with 4GB ram graphics.  The next thing I want to upgrade is the video card.  But I still haven't run into a game that absolutely won't run.  Grin Also, video card prices are way bloated right now...
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Sep 18th, 2018, 08:59 PM)Relic Wrote:

I have a pretty decent gaming desktop.  32GB ram, 2x500GB Samsung SSD, AMD FX8150 octa core CPU, and an Nvidia Geforce GTX960 with 4GB ram graphics.  The next thing I want to upgrade is the video card.  But I still haven't run into a game that absolutely won't run.  Grin Also, video card prices are way bloated right now...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've been sitting on a 1070Ti for a few years now cuz I was intending on reselling it (it was JUST as bitcoin mining was becoming a craze and the GFX cards were becoming scarce; I got the card at MSRP). I should see if I can put it in my current desktop. My mobo may be too old for it, but eh.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've been sitting on a 1070Ti for a few years now cuz I was intending on reselling it (it was JUST as bitcoin mining was becoming a craze and the GFX cards were becoming scarce; I got the card at MSRP). I should see if I can put it in my current desktop. My mobo may be too old for it, but eh.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Jan 13th, 2022, 06:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Those are nice cards.  I was planning on getting one as an upgrade....
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Jan 13th, 2022, 06:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Those are nice cards.  I was planning on getting one as an upgrade....
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Posted this in another thread back when I bought it, but I'll post it here again:

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X 3.7GHz [4.8GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Total Cache 105W Processor
HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k
MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere)

How am I enjoying it so far? I bought Monster Hunter Rise yesterday and immediately turned all graphics on the highest setting and put the framerate to "unlimited" and it was smooth as melted butter. The Switch version of Rise ran like using a butter knife to cut a rock in half.

I absolutely love it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Posted this in another thread back when I bought it, but I'll post it here again:

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X 3.7GHz [4.8GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Total Cache 105W Processor
HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k

How am I enjoying it so far? I bought Monster Hunter Rise yesterday and immediately turned all graphics on the highest setting and put the framerate to "unlimited" and it was smooth as melted butter. The Switch version of Rise ran like using a butter knife to cut a rock in half.

I absolutely love it.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Jan 13th, 2022, 02:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I absolutely love it.

Dare I ask how much that cost you? lol
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Jan 13th, 2022, 02:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I absolutely love it.

Dare I ask how much that cost you? lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Gaming Setup Moonface 9 4,536 Jul 8th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Moonface