PlayStation Classic
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Sep 26th, 2018, 01:54 PM)Monocle Wrote:
(Sep 26th, 2018, 04:54 AM)Yuri Wrote:
To be honest one of the biggest sellers for me really has no purpose. I can get Crash on any other console now and I can get Spyro soon and I know I missed it before.

Maybe Wild Arms or Legend or Dragoon could make me interested in picking it up.

There was an interesting article I read about the Playstation Classic vs Playstation TV which has a muuuuuch bigger variety of PSX games. My concern is that the remaining games they'll mention might be available as classics on PS3/4/Vita. Which kinda pulls away from the appeal. At least the SNES classic had Star Fox 2 which was a huge attraction for it

I agree the PSTV is much better but hey that didn’t get the right marketing. People who haven’t played a game since 2001 won’t care there is a better device out or that Crash is on other systems. There’s more potential for someone’s to be in that market considering PS1 sold as much as the NES and SNES combined. 

I’m hoping they put CTR on it though! Also as far as Crash or Spyro, a lot of people will prefer the old look and Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob hold no nostalgia whereas someone seeing the ND/Insomniac logos will have a ton of nostalgia.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 26th, 2018, 01:54 PM)Monocle Wrote:
(Sep 26th, 2018, 04:54 AM)Yuri Wrote:
To be honest one of the biggest sellers for me really has no purpose. I can get Crash on any other console now and I can get Spyro soon and I know I missed it before.

Maybe Wild Arms or Legend or Dragoon could make me interested in picking it up.

There was an interesting article I read about the Playstation Classic vs Playstation TV which has a muuuuuch bigger variety of PSX games. My concern is that the remaining games they'll mention might be available as classics on PS3/4/Vita. Which kinda pulls away from the appeal. At least the SNES classic had Star Fox 2 which was a huge attraction for it

I agree the PSTV is much better but hey that didn’t get the right marketing. People who haven’t played a game since 2001 won’t care there is a better device out or that Crash is on other systems. There’s more potential for someone’s to be in that market considering PS1 sold as much as the NES and SNES combined. 

I’m hoping they put CTR on it though! Also as far as Crash or Spyro, a lot of people will prefer the old look and Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob hold no nostalgia whereas someone seeing the ND/Insomniac logos will have a ton of nostalgia.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm honestly not worried about what games they put on it, because in about 19.3 seconds someone will figure out how to crack it to play any PSX rom out there, just like they did with the other classic systems. Because that's what gamers do.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm honestly not worried about what games they put on it, because in about 19.3 seconds someone will figure out how to crack it to play any PSX rom out there, just like they did with the other classic systems. Because that's what gamers do.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Sep 27th, 2018, 01:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Well I was trying to stay off the hacking and piracy lmao. My vita is hacked so I could play most PSX games if I wanted but I like Sony a lot. I don't condone piracy. Only case I've ever made for going that route is fan translated English patches of games we know aren't coming but you can still support the developer and publisher in other ways. If we are gonna do that, then buying a PSTV and a vita sd card adaptor will get you nearly every PSX game playable and you can use your DS3 and DS4 so you're wireless with analog sticks.

I just don't see the appeal of the Playstation Classic when Sony themselves created multiple, alternate ways of playing the same games with more benefits.

Edit: Nostalgia lol. THAT reason I completely understand
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Sep 27th, 2018, 01:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Well I was trying to stay off the hacking and piracy lmao. My vita is hacked so I could play most PSX games if I wanted but I like Sony a lot. I don't condone piracy. Only case I've ever made for going that route is fan translated English patches of games we know aren't coming but you can still support the developer and publisher in other ways. If we are gonna do that, then buying a PSTV and a vita sd card adaptor will get you nearly every PSX game playable and you can use your DS3 and DS4 so you're wireless with analog sticks.

I just don't see the appeal of the Playstation Classic when Sony themselves created multiple, alternate ways of playing the same games with more benefits.

Edit: Nostalgia lol. THAT reason I completely understand
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I shouldn't be condoning piracy either, but the games I'd wanna see on there are never gonna make the cut. That or they require a dualshock controller, which this thing doesn't have for reasons that baffle us! Plus, there are so many other ways to play these games if you have access to it that it almost seems like it's not worth it, even at only 100 bucks.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I shouldn't be condoning piracy either, but the games I'd wanna see on there are never gonna make the cut. That or they require a dualshock controller, which this thing doesn't have for reasons that baffle us! Plus, there are so many other ways to play these games if you have access to it that it almost seems like it's not worth it, even at only 100 bucks.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Sep 27th, 2018, 04:45 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the dual shock controller for it after its release but never part of the bundle
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the dual shock controller for it after its release but never part of the bundle
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I just bought the Super Nintendo Classic so I'm INSANELY stoked about this. Too bad I have a supermassive black hole in my bank account.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I just bought the Super Nintendo Classic so I'm INSANELY stoked about this. Too bad I have a supermassive black hole in my bank account.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 27th, 2018, 05:00 AM)Monocle Wrote:

Releasing dualshock controllers for this when there are no dualshock focused games on it would be as much of a piss take to me as not including the power cord.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Releasing dualshock controllers for this when there are no dualshock focused games on it would be as much of a piss take to me as not including the power cord.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Sep 28th, 2018, 06:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:

And yet, for a profit, i can see it happening. Can't wait till they say that power cords are sold separately like what Nintendo did with the New Nintendo 3DS Xl.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Sep 28th, 2018, 06:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:

And yet, for a profit, i can see it happening. Can't wait till they say that power cords are sold separately like what Nintendo did with the New Nintendo 3DS Xl.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Power cords are separate. The PlayStation Classic does not come with an AC adapter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Classic

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Power cords are separate. The PlayStation Classic does not come with an AC adapter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Classic
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
my bad but nintendo didbthe event same thing. new nintendo 3ds xl was not sold with an ac adaptor in North America. it was sold separately just like it will be with the playstation classic. such a ridiculous thing to do
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
my bad but nintendo didbthe event same thing. new nintendo 3ds xl was not sold with an ac adaptor in North America. it was sold separately just like it will be with the playstation classic. such a ridiculous thing to do
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Sep 28th, 2018, 09:56 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Yeah, but it's okay when Nintendo does it. Just look at all the people who defend having to pay for peer2peer online connection. "But it's only $20!"  Rolleyes

It's only not okay when Sony does it.

As for releasing a second set of controllers at a later time, I doubt it. Sony probably doesn't want to invest too much into this.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Yeah, but it's okay when Nintendo does it. Just look at all the people who defend having to pay for peer2peer online connection. "But it's only $20!"  Rolleyes

It's only not okay when Sony does it.

As for releasing a second set of controllers at a later time, I doubt it. Sony probably doesn't want to invest too much into this.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah. I know the 3DS XL at least had the excuse (albeit a bad one) that you could use an AC adapter from another DS product, but with the PS Classic it's completely unusable no matter what PlayStation items you already own. It's just a piss poor attempt by both companies to make a product look cheaper and more appealing. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah. I know the 3DS XL at least had the excuse (albeit a bad one) that you could use an AC adapter from another DS product, but with the PS Classic it's completely unusable no matter what PlayStation items you already own. It's just a piss poor attempt by both companies to make a product look cheaper and more appealing. Errm
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 29th, 2018, 02:54 AM)Moonface Wrote:

In their defense it doesn’t need an AC adapter. It can be powered via any usb that supplies power.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 29th, 2018, 02:54 AM)Moonface Wrote:

In their defense it doesn’t need an AC adapter. It can be powered via any usb that supplies power.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh? I was under the impression the AC was needed to power it. I feel like more people are going to power it via AC than USB though. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh? I was under the impression the AC was needed to power it. I feel like more people are going to power it via AC than USB though. Eh
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
when was the clarified though? I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

edit: ha ha nvm. I looked it up lol
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
when was the clarified though? I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

edit: ha ha nvm. I looked it up lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis Moonface 420 119,539 Mar 22nd, 2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 686 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,010 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 550 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,513 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM