PlayStation Classic
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Jan 12th, 2019, 07:45 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I suggest scrolling up and checking Digital Foundry's video that I posted. It isn't optimized that well for the hardware it runs on so I don't know how it'll run sideloaded games. I haven't researched into it at all because i have no need. modded vita with the internal emulator the psp used which is superior to the classic's emulation
This would be ideal. Unfortunately my PSTV is too high of a firmware to be permanently hacked. Buying a Vita would be more expensive although maybe a prehacked PSTV would be cheap. 

(Jan 12th, 2019, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Even optimisation matters aside, I still think paying $60 for an emulator you could run on a PC for free is still a bit much. It would need to be at least half that again for me to consider buying it as an emulator in a pretty box regardless of how well it runs.
I have it on my PC but no dedicated PC to keep at the TV and it’s a pain in the butt getting my laptop hooked up. Upgraded graphics are nice but not really something I need.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Jan 12th, 2019, 07:45 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I suggest scrolling up and checking Digital Foundry's video that I posted. It isn't optimized that well for the hardware it runs on so I don't know how it'll run sideloaded games. I haven't researched into it at all because i have no need. modded vita with the internal emulator the psp used which is superior to the classic's emulation
This would be ideal. Unfortunately my PSTV is too high of a firmware to be permanently hacked. Buying a Vita would be more expensive although maybe a prehacked PSTV would be cheap. 

(Jan 12th, 2019, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Even optimisation matters aside, I still think paying $60 for an emulator you could run on a PC for free is still a bit much. It would need to be at least half that again for me to consider buying it as an emulator in a pretty box regardless of how well it runs.
I have it on my PC but no dedicated PC to keep at the TV and it’s a pain in the butt getting my laptop hooked up. Upgraded graphics are nice but not really something I need.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Well patience imo. The FloW already said he'd bring his hack to 3.69 this year. Just waiting for Sony to finish cutting the string it has holding the vita up
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Well patience imo. The FloW already said he'd bring his hack to 3.69 this year. Just waiting for Sony to finish cutting the string it has holding the vita up
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
I’ve seen this going for $30 now at some places. Also heard that Retroarch has been ported which improves emulation and allows you to play any retro console from Nes to Dreamcast. Definitely considering it now with that info. I’ll bite for $30-50. 

https://youtu.be/ff1ibYu9Hss
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
I’ve seen this going for $30 now at some places. Also heard that Retroarch has been ported which improves emulation and allows you to play any retro console from Nes to Dreamcast. Definitely considering it now with that info. I’ll bite for $30-50. 

https://youtu.be/ff1ibYu9Hss
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If it's already dropping to $30 I can see it going even lower before it's even been out for a full year, so I'm going to continue to wait for a further price drop.

It really shows how much Sony dropped the ball with this thing.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If it's already dropping to $30 I can see it going even lower before it's even been out for a full year, so I'm going to continue to wait for a further price drop.

It really shows how much Sony dropped the ball with this thing.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well, we got ours for $25.99 this weekend. Was 35% off of $40 at Target, so decided it might be worth the effort to get it and give it a bash, with the intent to add more to it. Spent a lot of today doing the latter, and while a pain (and a bit finicky), it's pretty solid. Just wish it would support more game file types. Keep finding games that just won't operate on the damn thing >.<
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well, we got ours for $25.99 this weekend. Was 35% off of $40 at Target, so decided it might be worth the effort to get it and give it a bash, with the intent to add more to it. Spent a lot of today doing the latter, and while a pain (and a bit finicky), it's pretty solid. Just wish it would support more game file types. Keep finding games that just won't operate on the damn thing >.<
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's a shame this didn't come with a better pre-installed library. If it wasn't for that, I'd really have no issues with the system. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's a shame this didn't come with a better pre-installed library. If it wasn't for that, I'd really have no issues with the system. Eh
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually modded my Playstation classic that takes any file you give it. I used the Bleemsync method on my classic & it works wonderfully. I bought mine for $18 & basically burned my copy of Chrono Cross (both discs) onto an USB memory drive (using imgburn). It's how I'm playing Chrono Cross RIGHT NOW via the mini. I plan to add Suikoden & other Playstation classics I own as I'm able. It's a bit finicky when you do it as you have to basically save it as a SONY USB memory drive & make sure that it's formatted to a FAT drive. There's a whole youtube walk-through for it; which is what I did. I figure I can add the other emulated stuff once I figure out how to do that since I'm using the same mod method mentioned in the vid that Metallix posted earlier.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually modded my Playstation classic that takes any file you give it. I used the Bleemsync method on my classic & it works wonderfully. I bought mine for $18 & basically burned my copy of Chrono Cross (both discs) onto an USB memory drive (using imgburn). It's how I'm playing Chrono Cross RIGHT NOW via the mini. I plan to add Suikoden & other Playstation classics I own as I'm able. It's a bit finicky when you do it as you have to basically save it as a SONY USB memory drive & make sure that it's formatted to a FAT drive. There's a whole youtube walk-through for it; which is what I did. I figure I can add the other emulated stuff once I figure out how to do that since I'm using the same mod method mentioned in the vid that Metallix posted earlier.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, modding the classic is a pain because of the USB part. Shira and I bought a new USB just for it and it turned out the system just didn't want to like it even though it had the correct formatting. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, modding the classic is a pain because of the USB part. Shira and I bought a new USB just for it and it turned out the system just didn't want to like it even though it had the correct formatting. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yea, we learned that trying to use a different kind of USB from what I was able to get to work with it. You have to reformat it as an exFat if you want to have a larger sized sd card. I used a 32 GB USB card with mine & it was able to take the hack just fine. But, maybe I got lucky? Or it was because I took it slow & made sure that I followed the video step by step. Idk, the USB that I used, that it took is a EMTECH slide 32GB. You have to rename it to SONY, & go step by step to put it into the console, make sure it flashes amber, then take it out put in the pc, put more stuff on it, etc. So it's a lot of steps & it's been said to be REALLY finicky, so yea.. I'd say that's very true.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yea, we learned that trying to use a different kind of USB from what I was able to get to work with it. You have to reformat it as an exFat if you want to have a larger sized sd card. I used a 32 GB USB card with mine & it was able to take the hack just fine. But, maybe I got lucky? Or it was because I took it slow & made sure that I followed the video step by step. Idk, the USB that I used, that it took is a EMTECH slide 32GB. You have to rename it to SONY, & go step by step to put it into the console, make sure it flashes amber, then take it out put in the pc, put more stuff on it, etc. So it's a lot of steps & it's been said to be REALLY finicky, so yea.. I'd say that's very true.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You can do all the steps, but the classic just doesn't read certain USB brands, which was the issue we had. What sucked was we didn't know that beforehand and bought a new USB that turned out to be a brand that won't work with modding the system.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You can do all the steps, but the classic just doesn't read certain USB brands, which was the issue we had. What sucked was we didn't know that beforehand and bought a new USB that turned out to be a brand that won't work with modding the system.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah for us it was definitely the USB itself. I had reformatted an old USB I had lying around and followed the exact same steps and was able to get that one to work, but just not that new one we went and got specifically for that. The website itself mentions that it really only works with certain brand USBs, too, so it was unsurprising, but yeah I wish we read that in advance. Still, I guess we have a fresh USB to use for some reason in the future ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah for us it was definitely the USB itself. I had reformatted an old USB I had lying around and followed the exact same steps and was able to get that one to work, but just not that new one we went and got specifically for that. The website itself mentions that it really only works with certain brand USBs, too, so it was unsurprising, but yeah I wish we read that in advance. Still, I guess we have a fresh USB to use for some reason in the future ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis Moonface 420 119,632 Mar 22nd, 2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 688 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,028 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 551 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,515 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM