A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
[Image: jWdqcbc.jpg]

Announced earlier, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that they would be stopping production for the Vita in Japan in 2019. Sony themselves has stopped developing games for the portable system in 2015. The system has continued to see firmware updates regardless and third party developers have continued supporting the console following their announcement in 2015 but it finally seems that Sony is putting it to bed. They announced that they have no plans to produce another portable system in the near future. 

Source

I know there is another person here that abuses his Vita but are there others who are saddened by this news? What games stuck out to you? Where's the portable love hereeee?!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
[Image: jWdqcbc.jpg]

Announced earlier, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that they would be stopping production for the Vita in Japan in 2019. Sony themselves has stopped developing games for the portable system in 2015. The system has continued to see firmware updates regardless and third party developers have continued supporting the console following their announcement in 2015 but it finally seems that Sony is putting it to bed. They announced that they have no plans to produce another portable system in the near future. 

Source

I know there is another person here that abuses his Vita but are there others who are saddened by this news? What games stuck out to you? Where's the portable love hereeee?!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not surprised to see it end production. Sony clearly have no intention to give it any attention and probably figure if anyone was going to buy one, they would've done so by now. The problem it had was any game Sony published for the system, it generally felt like an inferior version of what was on their home consoles. Why buy a Vita for an Uncharted game when there are three on PS3 that are better? Same for Resistance, CoD, etc. The only Sony IP I saw utilised well on the system was LBP, but again, I'm not going to buy a Vita for one good first party IP. Tearaway was one of the few good new IP's Sony put onto Vita, but that ended up coming to PS4 anyway. Sony just did nothing to warrant buying the system and it didn't feel like an extension of their home consoles for me like how Nintendo's are.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not surprised to see it end production. Sony clearly have no intention to give it any attention and probably figure if anyone was going to buy one, they would've done so by now. The problem it had was any game Sony published for the system, it generally felt like an inferior version of what was on their home consoles. Why buy a Vita for an Uncharted game when there are three on PS3 that are better? Same for Resistance, CoD, etc. The only Sony IP I saw utilised well on the system was LBP, but again, I'm not going to buy a Vita for one good first party IP. Tearaway was one of the few good new IP's Sony put onto Vita, but that ended up coming to PS4 anyway. Sony just did nothing to warrant buying the system and it didn't feel like an extension of their home consoles for me like how Nintendo's are.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Tbh, if I hadn't found the PSV title 'Trails in the Sky' on Steam, I would have gotten one. But, because I was able to get it & the other 2 titles all on Steam I'd rather just get it there, where I can play them on a bigger screen.

(Sep 21st, 2018, 12:36 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Sony just did nothing to warrant buying the system and it didn't feel like an extension of their home consoles for me like how Nintendo's are.
Impo, I think Sony just never knew how to bring handheld titles to their handheld like Nintendo did. It's kind of a shame, they could have released classic titles to the Vita & kept it alive. Or maybe even allowed cross play of PS4 titles to the PSV as they stated, but it just didn't happen.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Tbh, if I hadn't found the PSV title 'Trails in the Sky' on Steam, I would have gotten one. But, because I was able to get it & the other 2 titles all on Steam I'd rather just get it there, where I can play them on a bigger screen.

(Sep 21st, 2018, 12:36 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Sony just did nothing to warrant buying the system and it didn't feel like an extension of their home consoles for me like how Nintendo's are.
Impo, I think Sony just never knew how to bring handheld titles to their handheld like Nintendo did. It's kind of a shame, they could have released classic titles to the Vita & kept it alive. Or maybe even allowed cross play of PS4 titles to the PSV as they stated, but it just didn't happen.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Well, the vast amount of third party titles on it were what kept me on it. Tons of visual novels in it. Yeah a lot of them are on PS4 as well but I don't think using a television to read a game isn't what it should be used for. I like having it in my hand to read. Plus certain types of games, like SRPG just feel better on a portable system.

I think they're biggest problem is not utilizing it for what it is. I didn't need a PS4 on the go. I needed a system that lets me take big experiences on the go that I can enjoy at snippets at a time like break from work.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Well, the vast amount of third party titles on it were what kept me on it. Tons of visual novels in it. Yeah a lot of them are on PS4 as well but I don't think using a television to read a game isn't what it should be used for. I like having it in my hand to read. Plus certain types of games, like SRPG just feel better on a portable system.

I think they're biggest problem is not utilizing it for what it is. I didn't need a PS4 on the go. I needed a system that lets me take big experiences on the go that I can enjoy at snippets at a time like break from work.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I used to have one(Still have a PSTV) and I think it was awesome and much better hardware than the 3DS or even the Switch. It just didn't have the support of big name games. Sony tried to shoehorn Call of Duty on it but it was a bad game. Uncharted was great though but not quite up to the standard of the the PS3 versions. Gravity Rush was awesome. It had a lot of great Monster Hunter clones such as Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice it just didn't get the support PSP did.

I also used to use it extensively for Remote Play. Playing my PS4 on the go was awesome! As was renting a game on PSNow(when it was suppported) and essentially having a portable PS1, PSP, PS3, PS4 alongside PS Vita games.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I used to have one(Still have a PSTV) and I think it was awesome and much better hardware than the 3DS or even the Switch. It just didn't have the support of big name games. Sony tried to shoehorn Call of Duty on it but it was a bad game. Uncharted was great though but not quite up to the standard of the the PS3 versions. Gravity Rush was awesome. It had a lot of great Monster Hunter clones such as Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice it just didn't get the support PSP did.

I also used to use it extensively for Remote Play. Playing my PS4 on the go was awesome! As was renting a game on PSNow(when it was suppported) and essentially having a portable PS1, PSP, PS3, PS4 alongside PS Vita games.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah. i used to remote play but I'd rather play the vita for vita games. And while I'm sure the most used application would be piracy, hacking the vita, which is easy now unless you're on the latest firmware, opens you up to soooo much more.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah. i used to remote play but I'd rather play the vita for vita games. And while I'm sure the most used application would be piracy, hacking the vita, which is easy now unless you're on the latest firmware, opens you up to soooo much more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis Moonface 420 121,958 Mar 22nd, 2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 725 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,271 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 578 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,565 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM