Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since it became a popular subject in here, I split all the Coronavirus related posts out into their own thread: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.p...on=newpost
Just in case anyone comes in here and wonders where 30 posts disappeared to. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since it became a popular subject in here, I split all the Coronavirus related posts out into their own thread: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.p...on=newpost
Just in case anyone comes in here and wonders where 30 posts disappeared to. XD
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I know there's not many sports fans around these parts, but there has been some huge news in the NFL world the last couple of days. Superstar Quarterback Tom Brady, who has spent his entire career with the New England Patriots, has announced that he will not be returning to the team for the next season and instead will be signing elsewhere.

This is a pretty huge shock to be honest. Everyone and their mothers thought for sure that Brady would be one of those rare athletes who spend their entire career with one team. What makes this even weirder is that early reports seem to indicate that he's going to sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and it's just like oof. They are one of the worse organizations in the NFL and they'll always be a dead-end team, so it's surprising to see him apparently want to go there and waste what might be his final year.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I know there's not many sports fans around these parts, but there has been some huge news in the NFL world the last couple of days. Superstar Quarterback Tom Brady, who has spent his entire career with the New England Patriots, has announced that he will not be returning to the team for the next season and instead will be signing elsewhere.

This is a pretty huge shock to be honest. Everyone and their mothers thought for sure that Brady would be one of those rare athletes who spend their entire career with one team. What makes this even weirder is that early reports seem to indicate that he's going to sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and it's just like oof. They are one of the worse organizations in the NFL and they'll always be a dead-end team, so it's surprising to see him apparently want to go there and waste what might be his final year.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Well I obviously know nothing about sports but if I were to take a wild guess from just this random info you gave me.

Maybe he decided to sign up with them if it is his final year if he can get a win with one of the worst teams that would be a legendary way to end your career? Hmm
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Well I obviously know nothing about sports but if I were to take a wild guess from just this random info you gave me.

Maybe he decided to sign up with them if it is his final year if he can get a win with one of the worst teams that would be a legendary way to end your career? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 18th, 2020, 06:02 AM)Yuri Wrote:
It would be an impressive feat, but then it could also paint the team as one that is utterly worthless and can only win because a single person carried them.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 18th, 2020, 06:02 AM)Yuri Wrote:
It would be an impressive feat, but then it could also paint the team as one that is utterly worthless and can only win because a single person carried them.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well I mean the other team going to have to help too, but it'll still be pretty impressive I'd thunk? Hmm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well I mean the other team going to have to help too, but it'll still be pretty impressive I'd thunk? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just spent half an hour in a statistics online class and heard the same questions asked a good 5+ times each by multiple people. The teacher is literally telling you the answers and writing them on screen and somehow you're still asking?! What part of "If your next test is higher than 60% I will drop your lowest test score" is so hard to fucking grasp it has to be questioned a total of 11 times in 30 minutes?!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just spent half an hour in a statistics online class and heard the same questions asked a good 5+ times each by multiple people. The teacher is literally telling you the answers and writing them on screen and somehow you're still asking?! What part of "If your next test is higher than 60% I will drop your lowest test score" is so hard to fucking grasp it has to be questioned a total of 11 times in 30 minutes?!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I suspect most of your classmates are too tired and aren't really there to not get that. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I suspect most of your classmates are too tired and aren't really there to not get that. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 24th, 2020, 10:40 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I'd pitch it more to stupidity. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 24th, 2020, 10:40 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I'd pitch it more to stupidity. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Honestly can't imagine what an online class is like. Take it you're in a group chat somewhere with or without face cams? With site, app and/or program to use with whatever you're doing.

Soon I must take leave from the internet altogether as an old but new laptop has arrived in my home and it is not for me or my sister.
/not srs about leaving
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Honestly can't imagine what an online class is like. Take it you're in a group chat somewhere with or without face cams? With site, app and/or program to use with whatever you're doing.

Soon I must take leave from the internet altogether as an old but new laptop has arrived in my home and it is not for me or my sister.
/not srs about leaving
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 26th, 2020, 11:57 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Basically it's just a group chat with optional voice chat/webcams. Just picture a Discord server with one head speaker (teacher) and about 20 people just listening and pitching in via text or speech when appropriate.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 26th, 2020, 11:57 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Basically it's just a group chat with optional voice chat/webcams. Just picture a Discord server with one head speaker (teacher) and about 20 people just listening and pitching in via text or speech when appropriate.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Do you ever realize that you got shit to do and like....you know you should be doing it, but you'd rather just zone out on the internet.

I really haven't done anything today and like.....I know I should because my two final thing are due by next week and I still got stuff to do for my graphic design class, but I just feel so meh.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Do you ever realize that you got shit to do and like....you know you should be doing it, but you'd rather just zone out on the internet.

I really haven't done anything today and like.....I know I should because my two final thing are due by next week and I still got stuff to do for my graphic design class, but I just feel so meh.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No idea why but any posts I made wouldn't show up for me despite being submitted unless I hard refreshed my page. Blink
Edit: What the hell?! I have to keep hard refreshing my browser on any page I visit here to see the up-to-date version otherwise I get given some outdated version instead. WHY?! >.<

Testing, testing, 1 2 3...

Testing again.

I don't get it. My phone keeps up to date but my laptop doesn't, and only for UG so far. I have to refresh every time to make it update properly.

Nope, now it affects my phone too. Now I suspect it's the site as a whole being affected... Sad

TESTING AGAIN!

Final Update: Turns out it may have been the host changing a setting on all their servers over the weekend that affected multiple people, judging by their forums. I reverted what was changed and so far so good, so hopefully I'm done losing my shit over this nonsense.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No idea why but any posts I made wouldn't show up for me despite being submitted unless I hard refreshed my page. Blink
Edit: What the hell?! I have to keep hard refreshing my browser on any page I visit here to see the up-to-date version otherwise I get given some outdated version instead. WHY?! >.<

Testing, testing, 1 2 3...

Testing again.

I don't get it. My phone keeps up to date but my laptop doesn't, and only for UG so far. I have to refresh every time to make it update properly.

Nope, now it affects my phone too. Now I suspect it's the site as a whole being affected... Sad

TESTING AGAIN!

Final Update: Turns out it may have been the host changing a setting on all their servers over the weekend that affected multiple people, judging by their forums. I reverted what was changed and so far so good, so hopefully I'm done losing my shit over this nonsense.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I seem to remember running into that issue myself once... it was very annoying Sad .

I fixed it by turning on the "Send No Cache Headers" option in my Admin CP. This didn't affect CloudFlare (so it still cached my images and other files), but it did stop the browser from caching the static HTML (which seems to be what it's doing here >_< ).

Hope that helps Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I seem to remember running into that issue myself once... it was very annoying Sad .

I fixed it by turning on the "Send No Cache Headers" option in my Admin CP. This didn't affect CloudFlare (so it still cached my images and other files), but it did stop the browser from caching the static HTML (which seems to be what it's doing here >_< ).

Hope that helps Smile .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Yeah, the support forums said to do that too. I think the problem was caused by my host using FastCGI PHP though, since their own support forums have multiple people saying they have had problems over the weekend that were resolved by reverting to regular PHP. So I did that and since then nothing has busted, but I'll do what you said too just to add more security against the issue coming back.

I could never be an IT technician, I'd be dead from stress within a month. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Yeah, the support forums said to do that too. I think the problem was caused by my host using FastCGI PHP though, since their own support forums have multiple people saying they have had problems over the weekend that were resolved by reverting to regular PHP. So I did that and since then nothing has busted, but I'll do what you said too just to add more security against the issue coming back.

I could never be an IT technician, I'd be dead from stress within a month. Rolleyes
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, I assume it's all working correctly now Smile .

Anyway, I'm back to work tomorrow after my week off. It's a bit of a shame it has to come to an end: it was nice to have the opportunity to relax for a week, even if I didn't get to go out or do any of the things that I'd normally be doing on my holidays from work. I just hope things are starting to return to normal by the time I take my next week off in August!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, I assume it's all working correctly now Smile .

Anyway, I'm back to work tomorrow after my week off. It's a bit of a shame it has to come to an end: it was nice to have the opportunity to relax for a week, even if I didn't get to go out or do any of the things that I'd normally be doing on my holidays from work. I just hope things are starting to return to normal by the time I take my next week off in August!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,986 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,228 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,923 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,059 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,579 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM