Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I recommend you downloading this extension called LastPass, named so you'll only have to remember one password to protect a vault of them for all the websites you frequent. It's a pretty handy program, and can help customize auto generating passwords of any length/type. I use it for work, but I also have my own personal usages for it. Much more reliable than Google's own one, I find. Smile 

Can't believe it's already the halfway point to 2020. I really don't know what to expect for the rest of the year but I can say I'm really not looking forward to it...
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I recommend you downloading this extension called LastPass, named so you'll only have to remember one password to protect a vault of them for all the websites you frequent. It's a pretty handy program, and can help customize auto generating passwords of any length/type. I use it for work, but I also have my own personal usages for it. Much more reliable than Google's own one, I find. Smile 

Can't believe it's already the halfway point to 2020. I really don't know what to expect for the rest of the year but I can say I'm really not looking forward to it...
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Damn I love Best Buy. I bought a new Laptop from their website this morning and three hours later they already shipped it. Scheduled to arrive Friday.

Hopefully this turns out to be a good laptop. With my current on starting to crap out on me (well, it has been for a few months now), I decided to invest a little more into this one. It's a $1,000 laptop (BB had it on sale for $850), so I'm expecting it to be able to last quite a while. It's also one of those 2-in-1 laptop/tablet combos, so that's kind of neat. I was thinking about getting a tablet, but also needed a new laptop. Two birds with one stone.

For anyone curious, the laptop is this: HP - ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 512GB SSD + 32GB Optane

Come Friday I either discover that I spent my money well or if I'll be getting a refund, lol.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Damn I love Best Buy. I bought a new Laptop from their website this morning and three hours later they already shipped it. Scheduled to arrive Friday.

Hopefully this turns out to be a good laptop. With my current on starting to crap out on me (well, it has been for a few months now), I decided to invest a little more into this one. It's a $1,000 laptop (BB had it on sale for $850), so I'm expecting it to be able to last quite a while. It's also one of those 2-in-1 laptop/tablet combos, so that's kind of neat. I was thinking about getting a tablet, but also needed a new laptop. Two birds with one stone.

For anyone curious, the laptop is this: HP - ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 512GB SSD + 32GB Optane

Come Friday I either discover that I spent my money well or if I'll be getting a refund, lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hope it turns out good for you @Dragon Lord but it being HP brand makes me nervous because I've never had one that wasn't shit. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hope it turns out good for you @Dragon Lord but it being HP brand makes me nervous because I've never had one that wasn't shit. LOL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've never had any bad experiences with HP computers personally. My current laptop is an HP and it was great until it just started getting worn down from constant usage. It was a low-end cheap laptop, so I didn't expect it to last all that long. It still works okay and I'm going to keep it as a secondary computer for reasons, but every now and then it completely freezes on me and I have to do a hard reboot.

But like I said, you buy cheap, you get cheap. Which is why I decided to go ahead and go spend a bit more on a higher end laptop. Worst case scenario I just gotta return it and look for a different one.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've never had any bad experiences with HP computers personally. My current laptop is an HP and it was great until it just started getting worn down from constant usage. It was a low-end cheap laptop, so I didn't expect it to last all that long. It still works okay and I'm going to keep it as a secondary computer for reasons, but every now and then it completely freezes on me and I have to do a hard reboot.

But like I said, you buy cheap, you get cheap. Which is why I decided to go ahead and go spend a bit more on a higher end laptop. Worst case scenario I just gotta return it and look for a different one.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I hope it'll be a nice reliable one for you Night Lord. Smile I spent a 1000 on an open boxed HP desktop and its working really well for me and I got it last year and since yours is new I hope it'll be well worth your money!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I hope it'll be a nice reliable one for you Night Lord. Smile I spent a 1000 on an open boxed HP desktop and its working really well for me and I got it last year and since yours is new I hope it'll be well worth your money!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It arrived today and I'm on it now. So far it's amazing, but of course it's early. It started up super fast, go through the set-up super fast and everything is opening and responding extremely fast on it. I haven't downloaded everything yet, so we'll see how it goes with other stuff.

I really like the backlit keyboard. Nothing important, but it's just a nice visual touch to the laptop.

Gotta download Steam and see how this laptop runs some of the games. None of the games I would play on Steam are graphic intensive, so I'm hoping this laptop can run them well despite not being a gaming laptop.

Also hope it runs an Android emulator well. Would love to have a smoother experience playing Azur Lane/Arknights on emu.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It arrived today and I'm on it now. So far it's amazing, but of course it's early. It started up super fast, go through the set-up super fast and everything is opening and responding extremely fast on it. I haven't downloaded everything yet, so we'll see how it goes with other stuff.

I really like the backlit keyboard. Nothing important, but it's just a nice visual touch to the laptop.

Gotta download Steam and see how this laptop runs some of the games. None of the games I would play on Steam are graphic intensive, so I'm hoping this laptop can run them well despite not being a gaming laptop.

Also hope it runs an Android emulator well. Would love to have a smoother experience playing Azur Lane/Arknights on emu.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Glad your new laptop is doing fine for now, DL. Sounds good, but as you say it's early.

I need to do laptop shopping again, last time I was about to get one but was annoyed there didn't seem to be any with a disc drive, but that's probably just me needing to catch up with current standards, and ways to get around the things I need one for. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Glad your new laptop is doing fine for now, DL. Sounds good, but as you say it's early.

I need to do laptop shopping again, last time I was about to get one but was annoyed there didn't seem to be any with a disc drive, but that's probably just me needing to catch up with current standards, and ways to get around the things I need one for. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Only thing my laptop needs is for me to install the SSD I got ages ago but I can never be bothered to do it and I don't know how to move all my HDD content over to it.

Yet another week where I get barely any shifts at work because normally summer is slow but my job doesn't want to take into account that this year can't be judged against previous ones. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Only thing my laptop needs is for me to install the SSD I got ages ago but I can never be bothered to do it and I don't know how to move all my HDD content over to it.

Yet another week where I get barely any shifts at work because normally summer is slow but my job doesn't want to take into account that this year can't be judged against previous ones. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sounds similar to what my place is doing (it's either the store or store manager I'm not sure exactly whose idea it is out of them, but I'm thinking the latter), or at least getting my department to do is getting our warehouse stock on the system before 8AM, before we've racked everything away like how we were able to before the pandemic changed everything. Yet home shopping hasn't changed back so they're still turning the shopfloor to a shit-show with the customers who come in at 7 or 8AM, when we're out the back, nor has the amount of delivery stock reduced to a manageable rate. 3 out 4 days we told to do that, luckily no one was in today to order us to because didn't, as we had to help delivery on another department, leaving ours to go even worse than usual. Had 3 people on our department start at 6AM too, when past three days we had 2 so I thought we would be done quick until that and other crap. I would've gone insane if someone told us to bin in for 8.

I also almost wasn't going to show up for my overtime today as I had an insufferable stomach pain last night until 2AM when it finally slowly came down. Ended up having 2 hours sleep, night before I had about 4 when I should have totalled roughly 12 between them both. Yet I'm not tired right now and the majority of the pain has stopped. I did take two different treatments which was last night but neither had effect. Don't know how I'm better now but I am. Have another 10-hour shift tomorrow, go me.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sounds similar to what my place is doing (it's either the store or store manager I'm not sure exactly whose idea it is out of them, but I'm thinking the latter), or at least getting my department to do is getting our warehouse stock on the system before 8AM, before we've racked everything away like how we were able to before the pandemic changed everything. Yet home shopping hasn't changed back so they're still turning the shopfloor to a shit-show with the customers who come in at 7 or 8AM, when we're out the back, nor has the amount of delivery stock reduced to a manageable rate. 3 out 4 days we told to do that, luckily no one was in today to order us to because didn't, as we had to help delivery on another department, leaving ours to go even worse than usual. Had 3 people on our department start at 6AM too, when past three days we had 2 so I thought we would be done quick until that and other crap. I would've gone insane if someone told us to bin in for 8.

I also almost wasn't going to show up for my overtime today as I had an insufferable stomach pain last night until 2AM when it finally slowly came down. Ended up having 2 hours sleep, night before I had about 4 when I should have totalled roughly 12 between them both. Yet I'm not tired right now and the majority of the pain has stopped. I did take two different treatments which was last night but neither had effect. Don't know how I'm better now but I am. Have another 10-hour shift tomorrow, go me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My shift tomorrow is just 9 hours (8 if you count an hour break) but it's the day before July 4th and it's just me and a manager in for the entire grocery department. I have no clue how it could turn out because I haven't been in all week to get a feel for whether we're getting busier in the build up to the day or not.

Mind you, I can't exactly do much since I'm still limited to lifting 10lbs or less due to my chest problems. I had another doctors appointment today and he wants me on some steroid medication, but if I'm not better by Tuesday my ass gets carted to an echocardiogram to find out when my heart wants to explode in a blaze of glory. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My shift tomorrow is just 9 hours (8 if you count an hour break) but it's the day before July 4th and it's just me and a manager in for the entire grocery department. I have no clue how it could turn out because I haven't been in all week to get a feel for whether we're getting busier in the build up to the day or not.

Mind you, I can't exactly do much since I'm still limited to lifting 10lbs or less due to my chest problems. I had another doctors appointment today and he wants me on some steroid medication, but if I'm not better by Tuesday my ass gets carted to an echocardiogram to find out when my heart wants to explode in a blaze of glory. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yikes, that's still going.  D=  Has that medication been any help? Really hoping it's not anything major, but anything to do with the heart pretty much is. Damn, just want you to be feeling better and not have to deal with health problems. Sad 

Today my Grandfather from my Dad's side was born 100 years ago. Makes me wonder how things were, and this here and now is how life has...changed since then. What it will be like 100 years from my birth or rather 2100? OK it doesn't really, I won't be there to see it but kinda hits home a bit remembering him. I didn't interact with him much, was too young really. Well in meaningful ways that isn't childish or whatever I did if anything. XD 

Feel like I'll get a really good night sleep tonight after my five shifts, then I have two next week maybe, as I did book two off (not in a row, close together in this month) but asked to have one week be accepted as I didn't fully know at the time which one would be better. If not my other week off will be in 15 days.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yikes, that's still going.  D=  Has that medication been any help? Really hoping it's not anything major, but anything to do with the heart pretty much is. Damn, just want you to be feeling better and not have to deal with health problems. Sad 

Today my Grandfather from my Dad's side was born 100 years ago. Makes me wonder how things were, and this here and now is how life has...changed since then. What it will be like 100 years from my birth or rather 2100? OK it doesn't really, I won't be there to see it but kinda hits home a bit remembering him. I didn't interact with him much, was too young really. Well in meaningful ways that isn't childish or whatever I did if anything. XD 

Feel like I'll get a really good night sleep tonight after my five shifts, then I have two next week maybe, as I did book two off (not in a row, close together in this month) but asked to have one week be accepted as I didn't fully know at the time which one would be better. If not my other week off will be in 15 days.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 4th, 2020, 08:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well for now they think it might be my ribs and not my heart, but that's only the case if this medication works. I'm only on day three of six so far so it's still too early to say if it's helping. If I'm not better by tomorrow night then I have to get an echocardiogram done.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 4th, 2020, 08:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well for now they think it might be my ribs and not my heart, but that's only the case if this medication works. I'm only on day three of six so far so it's still too early to say if it's helping. If I'm not better by tomorrow night then I have to get an echocardiogram done.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, ribs maybe instead. I suppose...it's kinda, nah whatever it is, can't say it's better. Hm, an echocardiogram. Didn't know what that was but found it's just a test to see what's going on. Phew not scary. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, ribs maybe instead. I suppose...it's kinda, nah whatever it is, can't say it's better. Hm, an echocardiogram. Didn't know what that was but found it's just a test to see what's going on. Phew not scary. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't care what I have so long as it isn't a serious health issue. That's my only concern about it.

In other news, bought some new furniture yesterday for our living room. Got an extension for our sofa, a rug, a new coffee table and a console table to go behind the sofa. Now we just need to paint the room and get some shelving and it'll probably be complete as far as furnishing goes.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't care what I have so long as it isn't a serious health issue. That's my only concern about it.

In other news, bought some new furniture yesterday for our living room. Got an extension for our sofa, a rug, a new coffee table and a console table to go behind the sofa. Now we just need to paint the room and get some shelving and it'll probably be complete as far as furnishing goes.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
My name is Maniakkid25. I am 27 years old, and I am reading Sailor Nothing.

Oh my, this is an interesting thing from the days of internets past. Imagine if Madoka Magica came out 10 years before ot did, and you have a pretty good mental image of the type of take on the Mahou Shoujo this is. That said, the plot isn't actually the same. Either way, I've heard it's a very good read, so I'mma see how much I can stick with it.

...I'm probably making a mistake.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
My name is Maniakkid25. I am 27 years old, and I am reading Sailor Nothing.

Oh my, this is an interesting thing from the days of internets past. Imagine if Madoka Magica came out 10 years before ot did, and you have a pretty good mental image of the type of take on the Mahou Shoujo this is. That said, the plot isn't actually the same. Either way, I've heard it's a very good read, so I'mma see how much I can stick with it.

...I'm probably making a mistake.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 26 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,216 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,333 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,128 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,141 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM