Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 19th, 2020, 06:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm surprised you both found good deals. I'd been hearing that the deals for Prime Day weren't very good this year and were mostly on stuff no one really buys.

Yeah, there really wasn't anything of interest in the sales. Especially for video games. I ended up picking a new headset for my PS4 up for cheap. It was $20-something after discounts, normally priced in the $40 range. Nothing too fancy, but I figured it'd be good enough for what I need it for. Mainly the fact that I can also use it on my computer when my buddies and I play Genshin and voice chat on Discord.

I got a laugh at the "sales" on the whole five Nintendo Switch games they had included in Prime Day sales.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 19th, 2020, 06:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm surprised you both found good deals. I'd been hearing that the deals for Prime Day weren't very good this year and were mostly on stuff no one really buys.

Yeah, there really wasn't anything of interest in the sales. Especially for video games. I ended up picking a new headset for my PS4 up for cheap. It was $20-something after discounts, normally priced in the $40 range. Nothing too fancy, but I figured it'd be good enough for what I need it for. Mainly the fact that I can also use it on my computer when my buddies and I play Genshin and voice chat on Discord.

I got a laugh at the "sales" on the whole five Nintendo Switch games they had included in Prime Day sales.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think hell would freeze over before five good Nintendo games go on a decent sale at the same time. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think hell would freeze over before five good Nintendo games go on a decent sale at the same time. XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Oct 20th, 2020, 03:26 PM)Moonface Wrote:
This past week a bunch of 1st party Nintendo games were on sale for $20 off. I'd say that was a good deal.
WR91 Offline
Casual
This past week a bunch of 1st party Nintendo games were on sale for $20 off. I'd say that was a good deal.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 20th, 2020, 05:18 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Really? That's surprising! Do you remember what games they were?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 21st, 2020, 02:30 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I believe they were Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Odyssey and a few more. All of them were for the Switch though. I do know that.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 21st, 2020, 02:30 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I believe they were Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Odyssey and a few more. All of them were for the Switch though. I do know that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh, actually decent first party games and not just one either. I'm genuinely surprised.

I wanted to do a lot more today but my laptop insists on running my disc at 100% constantly and I've yet to figure out how to stop it. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to reinstalling Windows but it's looking more likely that's the last resort I'm going to have to take. If that doesn't work I'm just buying a new laptop.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh, actually decent first party games and not just one either. I'm genuinely surprised.

I wanted to do a lot more today but my laptop insists on running my disc at 100% constantly and I've yet to figure out how to stop it. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to reinstalling Windows but it's looking more likely that's the last resort I'm going to have to take. If that doesn't work I'm just buying a new laptop.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface Yikes, what the heck running at 100% for no reason? I take it you've checked Task Manager to see what could be going or is the 100% disc use preventing that to even open? Is it only today your laptop has done that? Hopefully switching off will sort it but ah what do I know.

Got a week off work, although when I come back there'll be quite a lot of overtime for November due to other people taking time off, then it's December which'll undoubtedly be busy. So a brief calm before a massive storm which'll be fun. Yay.
Really dislike the store manager with how he's treated my section leader though, she's the only one pulling her weight doing freaking 2am heck 1am to 4pm or 5pm, because nights are screwed almost all the time in the week. Has the cheek to moan at her for over spending on wages, ask her to continue coming in at stupid times then this Wednesday he comes in for FOUR HOURS. WTF. None of the other section leaders have to do those insane hours either, the only other people who may do 12 hours are the home shopping leaders/manager.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface Yikes, what the heck running at 100% for no reason? I take it you've checked Task Manager to see what could be going or is the 100% disc use preventing that to even open? Is it only today your laptop has done that? Hopefully switching off will sort it but ah what do I know.

Got a week off work, although when I come back there'll be quite a lot of overtime for November due to other people taking time off, then it's December which'll undoubtedly be busy. So a brief calm before a massive storm which'll be fun. Yay.
Really dislike the store manager with how he's treated my section leader though, she's the only one pulling her weight doing freaking 2am heck 1am to 4pm or 5pm, because nights are screwed almost all the time in the week. Has the cheek to moan at her for over spending on wages, ask her to continue coming in at stupid times then this Wednesday he comes in for FOUR HOURS. WTF. None of the other section leaders have to do those insane hours either, the only other people who may do 12 hours are the home shopping leaders/manager.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Nah, my laptop has done this for a while but it got my attention when I would constantly have issues trying to run Discord for DnD. I assumed it was due to my laptop being in sleep mode for too long, but it was actually the disc being in full use causing it.

It seems the usage may be caused by Nvidia, because one of its programs was using over 4m in write/read values as soon as I rebooted my laptop and upon killing the process my disc usage has dropped to 5%. Annoyed it took almost seven hours to come to that conclusion but at least I have an answer now.

Yeah he sounds like a prick of a manager. If she didn't do the work he'd bitch nothing gets finished. What's funny is (assuming this is Cheryl doing this work) when I was there the same thing was happening with one person working insane hours and nothing being done to offset the work, but being unhappy that the hours are being worked. You'd think in three years since I left that someone would've had an idea by now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Nah, my laptop has done this for a while but it got my attention when I would constantly have issues trying to run Discord for DnD. I assumed it was due to my laptop being in sleep mode for too long, but it was actually the disc being in full use causing it.

It seems the usage may be caused by Nvidia, because one of its programs was using over 4m in write/read values as soon as I rebooted my laptop and upon killing the process my disc usage has dropped to 5%. Annoyed it took almost seven hours to come to that conclusion but at least I have an answer now.

Yeah he sounds like a prick of a manager. If she didn't do the work he'd bitch nothing gets finished. What's funny is (assuming this is Cheryl doing this work) when I was there the same thing was happening with one person working insane hours and nothing being done to offset the work, but being unhappy that the hours are being worked. You'd think in three years since I left that someone would've had an idea by now.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We're getting that now at work, since big boss wants us to work only 40 hours (instead of our 45+) for pandemic cost-saving reasons, yet our workload hasn't quite changed so it's like, what do you want us to do? Rolleyes

Can't believe GEForce Experience was causing all that nightmare. I'm glad it's solved now, though. More positive D&D sessions in the future, even if we're nearly done with our campaign ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We're getting that now at work, since big boss wants us to work only 40 hours (instead of our 45+) for pandemic cost-saving reasons, yet our workload hasn't quite changed so it's like, what do you want us to do? Rolleyes

Can't believe GEForce Experience was causing all that nightmare. I'm glad it's solved now, though. More positive D&D sessions in the future, even if we're nearly done with our campaign ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll be glad when this week is over. I have to be in almost everyday this week and the amount of work in just the last two shifts has made me exhausted. It sucks because I'm getting too tired to do absolutely anything which is making me sad.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'll be glad when this week is over. I have to be in almost everyday this week and the amount of work in just the last two shifts has made me exhausted. It sucks because I'm getting too tired to do absolutely anything which is making me sad.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
God I hate DST. I forgot that daily reset in Azur Lane is now 1 AM for me instead of 2 AM, so I thought I still had that hour left to get dallies done, but instead I missed out on them because of it. It's an annoying pain in the ass having to remember to adjust my schedules for shit like that every six months because for some reason America can't pull its head out of its ass and realize that DST is an extremely idiotic system and needs to be abolished immediately.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
God I hate DST. I forgot that daily reset in Azur Lane is now 1 AM for me instead of 2 AM, so I thought I still had that hour left to get dallies done, but instead I missed out on them because of it. It's an annoying pain in the ass having to remember to adjust my schedules for shit like that every six months because for some reason America can't pull its head out of its ass and realize that DST is an extremely idiotic system and needs to be abolished immediately.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That assumes the clock that Azur Lane runs on doesn't use DST. Otherwise you'd still get the problem when they change their clocks.

I don't get why some countries insist on keeping DST and others just get rid of it. You'd think it would be one of those things that is globally unanimous one way or the other.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That assumes the clock that Azur Lane runs on doesn't use DST. Otherwise you'd still get the problem when they change their clocks.

I don't get why some countries insist on keeping DST and others just get rid of it. You'd think it would be one of those things that is globally unanimous one way or the other.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I assume the clock for AL doesn't run on DST because otherwise that would mean the game would account for the hour change and server reset would remain at 2 AM my time -- it would just give an extra hour to get things done. But the reset remains at the same time, the only difference is that when our clocks hit 2 AM, they go back to 1 AM, but the server reset still happens.

But DST really needs to just not be a thing. Perhaps back in the day, having DST did actually help farmers, but now with more advanced farming equipment and such, I feel like the "extra hour" of daylight doesn't actually do shit. Even though we're not actually gaining an extra hour of daylight. We're just taking an hour of daylight from the start of the day and tacking it on to the back of the day instead.

If we ever get a presidential candidate that says they'll abolish DST, I'll go out and vote for the first time.

Speaking of voting, today is the day. It's going to be very interesting sitting around and watching all the drama unfold from both sides. It'll definitely be interesting to see if all of the liberals/millennials end up rioting should Trump pull out the victory over Biden. I know a lot of cities are preparing for that by boarding up businesses ahead of time, which is really sad. I didn't want Trump over Clinton in 2016, but when Trump won I was just like, "Well, that's a thing." and got over it. I don't want Biden over Trump this year, but if Biden ends up winning, I'll just be like, "Welp... now we hope they don't let the mobs burn the entire country down" and go on with life.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I assume the clock for AL doesn't run on DST because otherwise that would mean the game would account for the hour change and server reset would remain at 2 AM my time -- it would just give an extra hour to get things done. But the reset remains at the same time, the only difference is that when our clocks hit 2 AM, they go back to 1 AM, but the server reset still happens.

But DST really needs to just not be a thing. Perhaps back in the day, having DST did actually help farmers, but now with more advanced farming equipment and such, I feel like the "extra hour" of daylight doesn't actually do shit. Even though we're not actually gaining an extra hour of daylight. We're just taking an hour of daylight from the start of the day and tacking it on to the back of the day instead.

If we ever get a presidential candidate that says they'll abolish DST, I'll go out and vote for the first time.

Speaking of voting, today is the day. It's going to be very interesting sitting around and watching all the drama unfold from both sides. It'll definitely be interesting to see if all of the liberals/millennials end up rioting should Trump pull out the victory over Biden. I know a lot of cities are preparing for that by boarding up businesses ahead of time, which is really sad. I didn't want Trump over Clinton in 2016, but when Trump won I was just like, "Well, that's a thing." and got over it. I don't want Biden over Trump this year, but if Biden ends up winning, I'll just be like, "Welp... now we hope they don't let the mobs burn the entire country down" and go on with life.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
This election is so close. Unsure
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
This election is so close. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
*deep exhale* So a few things have been happening in my life that are pretty significant. As mentioned, I'm trying to make the video review stuff a thing, so I'm trying to push through my subject and get that ready for Christmas. I already have my next subject picked out, and it's something that...I've wanted to discuss it in this format for a long time, and I kind of always knew I would do it if this ever happened.

My parents are currently trying to sell the house, and they apparently have an offer that's going through the process. Assuming it sticks, this house will just be a memory come December 15th. We don't know if we're going to rent here for another year or not, but the plan is that my parents want to buy a duplex on the West coast of the state, and either make the second half an office or give me the second half (which makes me THE LUCKIEST SON OF A BITCH ON THIS PLANET, I know). It turns out that our current house is selling for about the same price as the duplexes they are looking at, so it would basically just be a trade. But, if my mother is to be believed, this is dependent on which way the election goes…

And then...November 3rd happened, and....*phew* I'm still reeling. Despite the election ongoing, I think I can honestly say that day is the best I've ever had in a long time. I'm not at liberty to go into specifics right now, but something special has opened up in my life, and you have no idea how happy and relieved I am that it did. Just...hoo boy! Goodness knows what’s coming next, but I feel like I’m ready for anything now!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
*deep exhale* So a few things have been happening in my life that are pretty significant. As mentioned, I'm trying to make the video review stuff a thing, so I'm trying to push through my subject and get that ready for Christmas. I already have my next subject picked out, and it's something that...I've wanted to discuss it in this format for a long time, and I kind of always knew I would do it if this ever happened.

My parents are currently trying to sell the house, and they apparently have an offer that's going through the process. Assuming it sticks, this house will just be a memory come December 15th. We don't know if we're going to rent here for another year or not, but the plan is that my parents want to buy a duplex on the West coast of the state, and either make the second half an office or give me the second half (which makes me THE LUCKIEST SON OF A BITCH ON THIS PLANET, I know). It turns out that our current house is selling for about the same price as the duplexes they are looking at, so it would basically just be a trade. But, if my mother is to be believed, this is dependent on which way the election goes…

And then...November 3rd happened, and....*phew* I'm still reeling. Despite the election ongoing, I think I can honestly say that day is the best I've ever had in a long time. I'm not at liberty to go into specifics right now, but something special has opened up in my life, and you have no idea how happy and relieved I am that it did. Just...hoo boy! Goodness knows what’s coming next, but I feel like I’m ready for anything now!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 26 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,230 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,334 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,128 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,143 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM