Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Eh, I don't think viewing something as weird is bad in and of itself. I think it only becomes a problem when you make someone who's into anything feel uncomfortable about it when what they're doing isn't affecting anyone but themselves (excludes anything outright illegal or of actual harm).

Ugh, I'm feeling so bad about myself today. I've not really achieved anything anywhere all day because for some reason I'm incredibly paranoid, which doesn't happen for my anxiety/depression issues so it's really hard for me to try and know how to deal with it. I'm so on edge about doing anything that even eating lunch earlier wasn't relaxing for me. The best I can assume is that my catastrophic thinking is subconsciously making me paranoid because I keep having the sensation something bad is going to happen.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Eh, I don't think viewing something as weird is bad in and of itself. I think it only becomes a problem when you make someone who's into anything feel uncomfortable about it when what they're doing isn't affecting anyone but themselves (excludes anything outright illegal or of actual harm).

Ugh, I'm feeling so bad about myself today. I've not really achieved anything anywhere all day because for some reason I'm incredibly paranoid, which doesn't happen for my anxiety/depression issues so it's really hard for me to try and know how to deal with it. I'm so on edge about doing anything that even eating lunch earlier wasn't relaxing for me. The best I can assume is that my catastrophic thinking is subconsciously making me paranoid because I keep having the sensation something bad is going to happen.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wikipedia Wrote:
Panic attacks are sudden periods of intense fear that may include palpitations, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, numbness, or a feeling of impending doom.

You were having what's considered a "limited symptom attack" earlier, apparently. Glad you took the medicine when you did. LOL

Debating on whether I bite the bullet on getting a better laptop for games/design. We recently got our 2019 (yes, 2019 not 2020) tax return, and will be getting the 2020 one done soon, so there's a chance to put use to those funds. My current laptop is only good for basically being a bigger phone. That's really all I got it for. Lately, however, I've been invited to play games with friends and my laptop has been absolutely screaming at me when it comes to running certain games (which is to be expected from a laptop without a dedicated video card). I'd play on my desktop but that requires a little more effort to get going casually. Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wikipedia Wrote:
Panic attacks are sudden periods of intense fear that may include palpitations, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, numbness, or a feeling of impending doom.

You were having what's considered a "limited symptom attack" earlier, apparently. Glad you took the medicine when you did. LOL

Debating on whether I bite the bullet on getting a better laptop for games/design. We recently got our 2019 (yes, 2019 not 2020) tax return, and will be getting the 2020 one done soon, so there's a chance to put use to those funds. My current laptop is only good for basically being a bigger phone. That's really all I got it for. Lately, however, I've been invited to play games with friends and my laptop has been absolutely screaming at me when it comes to running certain games (which is to be expected from a laptop without a dedicated video card). I'd play on my desktop but that requires a little more effort to get going casually. Hmm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, I had a weird music related moment happen. I was reading about the 12-bar blues progression (think of the stereotypical 50's rock guitar rhythm. THAT one!), and saw the chord names for it, and without any prompting, the exact progression started playing in my head. I cackled when I realized what I was doing. I listen to WAY too much music...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, I had a weird music related moment happen. I was reading about the 12-bar blues progression (think of the stereotypical 50's rock guitar rhythm. THAT one!), and saw the chord names for it, and without any prompting, the exact progression started playing in my head. I cackled when I realized what I was doing. I listen to WAY too much music...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I only really listen to music while driving or when I'm at work before the store opens. I used to listen to music almost all the time years ago but that was also when I would happily spend 12+ hours a day in Photoshop. I can't remember the last time I made something new in Photoshop though. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I only really listen to music while driving or when I'm at work before the store opens. I used to listen to music almost all the time years ago but that was also when I would happily spend 12+ hours a day in Photoshop. I can't remember the last time I made something new in Photoshop though. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The weird part is this the first time I've ever seen a music theory concept, and could instantly hear the correct chords playing. Even the 4 chords of pop (search it up on youtube), I need an example for, so I found it pretty impressive.

I don't know about you guys, but this week for me has been very stressful and very tiring for me. Been forced to do early shifts before the kids for 4 days in a row (including one directly after a closing shift), and the kids have been getting worse every day. I can't wait for Spring Break, and then summer after it.

Lastly, I have a silly, silly thing I want to do. So, I have an idea for an author avatar for the rants, but I can't draw worth a s***. So, I'm thinking of commissioning an artist for the idea, but I'm honestly terrified of just reaching out to someone I don't know to say "hey, can I pay you for artz?" It's a silly feeling to have, I'm sure, but it's still there. *sigh* Why am I so scared of just talking to people?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The weird part is this the first time I've ever seen a music theory concept, and could instantly hear the correct chords playing. Even the 4 chords of pop (search it up on youtube), I need an example for, so I found it pretty impressive.

I don't know about you guys, but this week for me has been very stressful and very tiring for me. Been forced to do early shifts before the kids for 4 days in a row (including one directly after a closing shift), and the kids have been getting worse every day. I can't wait for Spring Break, and then summer after it.

Lastly, I have a silly, silly thing I want to do. So, I have an idea for an author avatar for the rants, but I can't draw worth a s***. So, I'm thinking of commissioning an artist for the idea, but I'm honestly terrified of just reaching out to someone I don't know to say "hey, can I pay you for artz?" It's a silly feeling to have, I'm sure, but it's still there. *sigh* Why am I so scared of just talking to people?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Every week feels tiring for me lately. Sad
I thought I'd be able to do some stuff today but I just ended up getting lonely again which ends up draining my energy to do anything.

As for talking to people, I'd just go simple on that request with "Hey, I was just wondering if I could ask you for a commission?" and then see if they're up for it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Every week feels tiring for me lately. Sad
I thought I'd be able to do some stuff today but I just ended up getting lonely again which ends up draining my energy to do anything.

As for talking to people, I'd just go simple on that request with "Hey, I was just wondering if I could ask you for a commission?" and then see if they're up for it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
We really should do a hang out thing sometime Moony it might lift up your spirits just the question is what time? Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
We really should do a hang out thing sometime Moony it might lift up your spirits just the question is what time? Gasp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I mean I'm free basically all day every day because I finish work at no later than 10am. The only stuff that comes up is appointments and Thursday night DnD.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I mean I'm free basically all day every day because I finish work at no later than 10am. The only stuff that comes up is appointments and Thursday night DnD.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
If only that were true for me. I work basically from dawn to dusk most every weekday, have a DnD session on Saturday, and then a closing shift on sundays. But, a few months, and I should have a little bit of free time back.

So I did a very silly thing last night, letting an audio file play in my headset all night while I slept, so I didn't get a great night's sleep. Not a great way to cap off a week of bad nights sleep, tbh. ^.=.^;
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
If only that were true for me. I work basically from dawn to dusk most every weekday, have a DnD session on Saturday, and then a closing shift on sundays. But, a few months, and I should have a little bit of free time back.

So I did a very silly thing last night, letting an audio file play in my headset all night while I slept, so I didn't get a great night's sleep. Not a great way to cap off a week of bad nights sleep, tbh. ^.=.^;
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Do you think you'll continue your career path to teaching Cricket or do you think your going to continue working up at Publix or still not really sure? Gasp
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Do you think you'll continue your career path to teaching Cricket or do you think your going to continue working up at Publix or still not really sure? Gasp
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Probably stick with Publix for a while, but other than that, I'm not really sure. I do know, however, that these kids are driving me CRAZY!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Probably stick with Publix for a while, but other than that, I'm not really sure. I do know, however, that these kids are driving me CRAZY!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
See I don't get how parents do it, but they do! I was just curious what you were thinking about as this school year will eventually wrap up in a few months which really isn't that far away. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
See I don't get how parents do it, but they do! I was just curious what you were thinking about as this school year will eventually wrap up in a few months which really isn't that far away. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I dread the amount of stress a kid will probably give me. Especially in their earlier years where all the want to do is destroy stuff and find ways to kill themselves. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I dread the amount of stress a kid will probably give me. Especially in their earlier years where all the want to do is destroy stuff and find ways to kill themselves. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Moony your comment makes me think if this:

https://youtu.be/IJNR2EpS0jw
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Moony your comment makes me think if this:

https://youtu.be/IJNR2EpS0jw
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The character taking all those pills makes me think of how silly it is that we get told to keep medications out of reach of children by putting them in a high cabinet, yet cleaning products and other harmful chemicals all just sit beneath the kitchen and bathroom sinks waiting for a kid to take a swig.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The character taking all those pills makes me think of how silly it is that we get told to keep medications out of reach of children by putting them in a high cabinet, yet cleaning products and other harmful chemicals all just sit beneath the kitchen and bathroom sinks waiting for a kid to take a swig.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,972 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,224 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,904 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,046 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,567 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM